Bitcoin and Crypto and DeFi and Sometimes Ayn Rand

• 4 weeks later...

Now, why would anyone want to  ban Bitcoin and crypto? It's a mystery...

Bank of America Memo, Revealed: “We Hope” Conditions for American Workers Will Get Worse

The financial behemoth privately fears that regular people have too much leverage.

GettyImages-505563332-inflation-bank-of-
THEINTERCEPT.COM

The financial behemoth privately fears that regular people have too much leverage.

"The memo therefore tells us what we suspected all along: The most powerful economic actors in the U.S. — entities like Bank of America and its clients — do not like working people to have power. But it’s nice to have it in their own words. Harris, the author, was not available for comment."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is Michael Saylor at TAS (yes, that TAS) giving a keynote speech on October 6.

Michael likens Bitcoin to Rearden Metal and Galt's Gulch all in one. And he gushes about Ayn Rand. He has put billions of his own dollars into Bitcoin.

I saw the Bitcoin-Rand connection early, talked about it here on OL, and now I am in awe that it is happening in greater O-Land.

I'm alive to see the separation of state and economy. Man, does that feel good.

(btw - I didn't make that spread happen, although this thread was and is part of the O-Land ecosystem. So maybe we had a tiny bit of influence. It doesn't matter. The truth is, Bitcoin itself made that happen. The TAS people were smart enough to jump on it back when they first started interacting with Michael. They see what I see. And now Bitcoin is formally being wedded to Rand's vision. :) )

Here is the same speech on the TAS YouTube channel.

Hell yeah!

It's happening...

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2022 at 12:54 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here is Michael Saylor at TAS (yes, that TAS) giving a keynote speech on October 6.

Michael likens Bitcoin to Rearden Metal and Galt's Gulch all in one. And he gushes about Ayn Rand. He has put billions of his own dollars into Bitcoin.

I saw the Bitcoin-Rand connection early, talked about it here on OL, and now I am in awe that it is happening in greater O-Land.

I'm alive to see the separation of state and economy. Man, does that feel good.

(btw - I didn't make that spread happen, although this thread was and is part of the O-Land ecosystem. So maybe we had a tiny bit of influence. It doesn't matter. The truth is, Bitcoin itself made that happen. The TAS people were smart enough to jump on it back when they first started interacting with Michael. They see what I see. And now Bitcoin is formally being wedded to Rand's vision. :) )

Here is the same speech on the TAS YouTube channel.

Hell yeah!

It's happening...

Michael

Woohoo

• 3 weeks later...

Do you want to know why Bitcoin is tanking in dollar value right now?

This is a bull's eye for O-Land people.

It's because of...

Wait for it...

Here it comes...

Tadaa!

Altrusim.

Not pure altruism, though. A special kind called "effective altruism" that leaves out the part they don't tell you.

This ineffective altruism was covering embezzlement to fund the Clinton Foundation and Democrat candidates in the midterms (in addition to the insiders).

See here:

Here's the big picture. If you are interested in the details, go for it, but the rabbit hole is deep.

FTX was a big-ass cryptocurrency exchange. And like most exchanges, it kept the funds from crypto purchasers and did some double-ass books with leveraged loans and futures and God know what else to make it look like the purchasers actually owned their cryptos independently of the exchange.

They did not. FTX had their money after all the blah blah blah.

And FTX took their money and embezzled it (especially involving a a trading firm called Alameda, NFTs, tax havens and so on). The purpose was to give a shit-load of money to the Clinton Foundation and give a shitload to Democrat candidates (and deal with the Mr. Ten Percents).

But once the yelling started, there was a run on FTX. People wanted to sell their cryptos at FTX for dollars, but the dollars to pay them had been spent. At first, Binance looked like it would buy FTX to save the day, but once they got close enough to see the books, they bailed. That was when the Bitcoin value in relation to the dollar tanked.

The essence for O-Land is that FTX used ALTRUISM to sell cryptos on FTX and used ALTRUISM to cover up the embezzlement and attempt to gain political pull. I mean, that's what altruism on the market is for, right?

Note: The tanking is not due to Sam Bankman-Fried (the FTX dude) embezzling Bitcoins. There is only one way for the price of Bitcoin to go up or down, that is by people buying and selling it.

But people did sell right now. The FTX episode scared the shit out of a lot of investors in cryptos. Those who don't understand the difference between decentralized (for real) Bitcoin and all the other shitcoins that say they are decentralized but have "governance boards" and the like had a massive case of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt).

So they sold their Bitcoin along with everything else.

They are also worried if the government is going to step in due to the FTX embezzlement and somehow figure out how to regulate Bitcoin. Oh, the government will do some things to make life harder for us little folk re exchanges and the like, but full regulation of Bitcoin will ultimately fail since there is no way to use force on Bitcoin--or Bitcoin holders for that matter short of torturing them to get their hashes.

That makes the price of Bitcoin right now extremely tempting for those who have massive funds and know about this stuff. That means soon people will will be buying again and the price will go back up.

People do stupid things in a panic. I bet they will even take untested jabs in their arms when Big Brothe...

Er... 

Nah...

I won't go there...

Michael

If anyone is interested, here is an establishment view of what happened with Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX.

Notice that even though Politico is pure predator class propaganda mixed with facts here and there, it is not amused at one of its former darlings.

Crypto kingpin bet a fortune on Democrats. Now he’s lost it all.

WWW.POLITICO.COM

The crisis has demolished Sam Bankman-Fried’s public image as a go-to resource for policymakers writing rules for crypto.

That headline looks like a bash on political influence-mongering, but it's actually a message aimed directly at Sam Bankman-Fried from the predators.

We got all the money we can get from you. Now stay the hell away from Democrats.

Michael

TG,

To me it looks like they got protection from on high for a limited time window to hack the shit out of the company and make off with the money.

Cause and effect, baby. Law of Identity. Paying off insiders and funding Democrats results in what if not chips to cash in? A is A.

btw - More causality. I've been reading around that Sam Bankman-Fried and the top FTX insiders were well known to people who know such things for their constant and intense drug parties and orgies. No possibility of blackmail of any sort there, huh?

But on the other hand, after a while, if those who get away right now don't stay out of the limelight, they will get Epsteined by the very people who gave them this window. That's causality, too.

Michael

• Upvote 1

"NEW - FTX crypto exchange implosion took down Democrats’ second-biggest donor — only George Soros topped Sam Bankman-Fried's donations."

GettyImages-1238327692-1.jpg?resize=1200
FORTUNE.COM

The CEO of struggling crypto exchange FTX was the party’s second-biggest individual donor in the 2021–2022 election cycle.

"Oops. Sam Bankman-Fried’s implosion took down Democrats’ second-biggest donor with it as the party gears up to regulate crypto"

For the "TL-DR" crowd...
In a nutshell:

"Sam Bankman-Fried attempted to monopolize an entire industry and deploy it into the hands of the ruling class. His Ponzi blew up spectacularly after a successfully executed speculative attack. The demise of FTX should be a cause for celebration."

• Like 1

More on the "brains" behind the scheme: Sam Bankman-Fried, and others...
(Note the use of the phrase "effective altruism" as their guiding philosophy in FORTUNE article...)

FTX CEO First time I saw this video a year ago, I thought it was a parody. Then I learned it wasn't a parody. Today I learned that it actually was a parody"

"Sam Bankman-Fried’s crypto empire ‘was run by a gang of kids in the Bahamas’ who all dated each other"

"Wang, Singh and Ellison also comprise the board of Bankman-Fried’s FTX Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the company. Several housemates, including Bankman-Fried and Ellison, are active participants in effective altruism, a movement that “aims to find the best ways to help others,” possibly through philanthropy."

and

Meet Caroline #Ellison, #CEO of Sam Bankman Fried's Alameda Research and self-described Harry Potter fan. And now you know what happened to #FTX.
Gary Gensler's boss at MIT Glenn Ellison is the father of the Co-CEO Caroline Ellison of #Alameda Research. also went to MIT and helped to create #AlamedaResearch . This is looking like a setup to crack down on #crypto and control the system."

“We don't need a licensing regime because that's just meant to improve trust. We've removed the need for trust.” - Amazing clip from podcast in response to calls for regulation following the FTX meltdown. Link

• Like 1

About that effective altruism stuff, here is something I posted a little earlier with the clutter weeded out.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:12 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Do you want to know why Bitcoin is tanking in dollar value right now?

This is a bull's eye for O-Land people.

It's because of...

Wait for it...

Here it comes...

Tadaa!

Altrusim.

Not pure altruism, though. A special kind called "effective altruism" that leaves out the part they don't tell you.

This ineffective altruism was covering embezzlement to fund the Clinton Foundation and Democrat candidates in the midterms (in addition to the insiders).

. . .

The essence for O-Land is that FTX used ALTRUISM to sell cryptos on FTX and used ALTRUISM to cover up the embezzlement and attempt to gain political pull. I mean, that's what altruism on the market is for, right?

Michael

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Paying off insiders and funding Democrats results in what if not chips to cash in? A is A.

Bingo.

BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: Tens of Billions of US Dollars Were Transferred to Ukraine and then Using FTX Crypto Currency the Funds Were Laundered Back to Democrats in US

bankman-fried-ftx.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Did you ever wonder where all those billions of dollars were going in Ukraine?  Did you ever wonder why anyone was trusting the elites in US politics like the Bidens with billions in funds going to Ukraine?  Today...

That's a hell of a lot of protection, yet this son of a bitch fell.

Why?

When it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Wanna bet he skimmed too much off them thar Ukraine billions instead of just laundering the money for the Democrats like a good boy?

Mafia dudes don't like their underlings skimming.

He's going to be lucky if he gets out of this alive.

At least now we know where the Ukraine billions went.

Michael

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Mafia dudes don't like their underlings skimming.

He's going to be lucky if he gets out of this alive.

"ALERT 🚨 Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF) and two other FTX execs are ‘under supervision’ in Bahamas, looking to flee to Dubai - Cointelegraph"

I'm sure they're being looked after by "Top Men"...
Top...Men...
(With apologies to RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK)

Here's another aspect. I keep hearing that the predator class rulers and now demand clawbacks for the $40 million that went to Democrat campaigns through FTX.

Er...

I learned to count when I was little.

So if I remember correctly, way more than $40 billion went to Ukraine. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa more. And, I might be wrong, but I learned that a billion is a lot more than a million...

Hmmmmm...

Clawing back $40 million in a high-profile example to make Democrats look like they are doing the right thing through an act of contrition wouldn't be just for show, would it?

It wouldn't be a smokescreen to keep the attention off the rest of the billions, would it?

Nah...

Who would think of such a thing?

Michael

For the more geeky, here is a pretty good overview.

Just so you don't get confused, when George says "SBF," he is referring to Sam Bankman-Fried. "CZ" means Changpeng Zhao, the CEO of Binance. 

The part below starting at 19:59 is especially interesting.

Some damning stuff, that is for sure. So if you think about it, everything bad... like I said at the beginning, everything bad that has happened so far, right? Luna collapsing. Then we had [not clear] Capital collapsing. Then we have Celsius and Voyager collapsing. Right? 

Everything could have been done by SBF. And if he wasn't in this space...

Keep in mind he's a newcomer. He's not like CZ, who's been around for years, or others that's been even longer. He's a nobody that's come in, all of a sudden. You know. With billions to flop around and throw around. And somehow he creates this exchange that seems to be on top of the world. Right? 

So definitely he had something going for him. Some kind of agenda. Some help. Something to prop him up. 

But imagine if he wasn't in this space. If he wasn't in this space. 2022 could have been very different. And you know what? 

He may be the one that's been suppressing Bitcoin. You know, we know Bitcoin has not been able to move for quite some time. And of course there's a lot of macro stuff going on. Right? But who knows? Maybe SPF all along has been counter-trading everyone and suppressing the price. 

And now, of course, bringing more fear with the collapse of FTX. But who knows the damage this guy really did behind the scenes? Now you just have to question everything. Everything, right?

Wow. Wow.

We need... we need some... we need some closure on this.

George's idea before that quote is that CZ (Binance) stepped in and did some harsh things just to save the cryptocurrency industry from the damage this guy and his backers were doing.

But here is what I am thinking about.

I'm thinking about this part from the quote above:

Keep in mind he's a newcomer. He's not like CZ, who's been around for years, or others that's been even longer. He's a nobody that's come in, all of a sudden. You know. With billions to flop around and throw around. And somehow he creates this exchange that seems to be on top of the world. Right? 

So definitely he had something going for him. Some kind of agenda. Some help. Something to prop him up. 

What happened in recent times when he showed up?

The 2020 election fraud, that's what happened.

That's where Sam Bankman-Fried's start-up billions came from.

The only ray of sunshine in this whole stinking mess--including all the money laundering he did with Ukraine billions and Democrat election funding--is that now it's time for the bad guys to close his file. That has become clear to me.

I would not want to be him right now.

And there is another ray of sunshine. Now that this cancer has been identified and cut out, the cryptocurrency market can get back to normal and recover.

Michael

Snowden has it right.

Except for one thing.

The regulators weren't just pals.

They are thieves, too. And they are the ones telling the kid thieves what to do.

Notice that even crypto was strong under Trump.

It started going to shit as soon as Biden got in and the government insiders started stealing everything they could.

Michael