Coronavirus - The Light Side

Although this is not humor per se, the way Bill Maher gaslighted himself and crashed and burned before Dan Crenshaw's calm facts is pretty funny. The expressions on his face when Dan speaks is priceless.

What's even funnier is that a leftie fan of Maher, Tim Pool, caught it and gave him an out that's worse for Maher than if he were simply bullshitting.

Tim says Maher only relies on news that has become rotten, meaning that Maher is in a bubble of fake news these days. He means that Maher's problem is not the dark, but that his eyes are closed. (This is probably not the best metaphor for an interview with Dan Crenshaw. 🙂 )

Tim doesn't use the phrase true believer, but that's what he thinks Maher is nowadays. And the result is that Maher gaslights himself, so much so that he provides some funny facial expressions (like in the video above) when he encounters truth he groks, but still doesn't want to because he can't trust his mind anymore.

🙂

Michael

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... Dan Crenshaw's calm facts...

Just to follow up.

Look who tweeted about about Dan's calm facts--President Trump himself. 

I think Dan's video below is a direct outcome of his interview with Maher above, which I believe was a catalyst for Dan to organize his thoughts in the manner he did.

In the video below, Maher is not mentioned, of course, because substance-wise he's irrelevant.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for spelling it sniffer and not snifters. I was watching Brack Gag Gag Obama tonight criticizing the best President ever and in his close ups, do you know who Brack reminded me of? Mad Magazine's Alfred E. Newman. Watch him again and you will see the likeness.  

On 5/16/2020 at 4:08 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

Which persecuted minority?

Zombie sniffers?

🙂

Michael 

I like the tape where a woman sneezes at a bus stop. And Biden isn't just sniffing. He could be a vampire who is draining her blood. I thought it was obvious. Is she an albino in real life? 

Deep thought notes. Was the coronavirus a deliberate pandemic or an accident? That is not the only mystery enquiring minds want to solve. Right off the bat I can tell you the following was not written in Baltimore. It has “English” written all over it. I can practically smell the Fish and Chips, Thomas’ English Muffins, Black Blood Pudding, Potted Shrimps, and Bangers and Mash.

“All Around the Mulberry Bush,” written by: Who knows? Unknown Copyright: written either in 1846 or 1856.

All around the mulberry bush
The monkey chased the weasel.
The monkey thought 'twas all in fun.
Pop! goes the weasel.

A penny for a spool of thread,
A penny for a needle.
That's the way the money goes.
Pop! goes the weasel.

Up and down the City Road,
In and out of the Eagle,
That's the way the money goes.
Pop! goes the weasel.

Half a pound of tuppenney rice,
Half a pound of treacle,
Mix it up and make it nice,
Pop! goes the weasel.

From the Web. Who sang Pop Goes the weasel? A piece of sheet music, copyrighted in Baltimore in 1846, advertises "Pop Goes the Weasel, sung by Mr. Chapman", written by "Raymond", as among the "Ballads" available for sale from the same publisher; however a copy of that sheet music available online at the Johns Hopkins University indicates that it dates from significantly later (1856).

But where’s the REAL controversy? Here are the lyrics I remember singing when I was a wee bairn:

All around the mulberry bush
The monkey chased the weasel.
The monkey turned around to say,
Pop! goes the weasel.

And one more keen historical insight. In movies about American pioneers on wagon trains the travelers had a few bags of flour, but I also read they carried lots of bags of rice, which “keep” longer. Don’t think this controversy is going away.

I got to thinking about other English referencing songs. Watch the You Tube video of Roger Miller performing "England Swings," “in stereo.” The back up dancers are so bad, it’s a hoot. Copy and paste the following in your browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKeOpI3N85M

England Swings by Roger Miller

England swings like a pendulum do
Bobbies on bicycles, two by two
Westminster Abbey, the tower of Big Ben
The rosy-red cheeks of the little children

Now, if you huff and puff and you finally save enough
Money you can take your family on a trip across the sea
Take a tip before you take your trip, let me tell you where to go
Go to England, oh

Mama's old pajamas and your papa's mustache
Falling out the window sill, frolic in the grass
Tryin' to mock the way they talk fun but all in vain
Gaping at the dapper men with derby hats and canes

The rosy-red cheeks of the little children.

From MSN. Trump says US won't close over second COVID-19 wave.

President Trump is a great President and a hell of a nice guy. I applaud him. I do not want to see America go into a second depression. “F” the Chinese. Your dastardly plot, to turn American into a whimpering child, will not work. “F” you communists.

“Make America Great Again.” That slogan now has a newer And grander meaning!!! Peter 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Thank God for celebrities who are in this mess with us.

🙂

Michael

Thanks Michael. And thanks to all the Aussies and Kiwis out there. You are America's brothers and sisters.

9 hours ago, Peter said:

F” the Chinese. Your dastardly plot, to turn American into a whimpering child, will not work. “F” you communists.

And Gates.  And WHO.  And everyone else involved in the scheme.

I'm very angry about the deaths from this "dastardly plot."  I'm thinking of those who died as war casualties.

Ellen

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

And Gates.  And WHO.  And everyone else involved in the scheme.

I'm very angry about the deaths from this "dastardly plot."  I'm thinking of those who died as war casualties.

Ellen

8 people died at the Berlin Nursing Home from Covid, which has links to Atlantic General Hospital. The Hospital sends you there to "get well." I did not hear how old the people were, who died. Dr. Birx is saying on Fox that the new hospitalization rate has declined dramatically, over the last month.   

This is called murder.

“It was the single dumbest decision anyone could make if they wanted to kill people,” Daniel Arbeeny said of the directive, which prompted him to pull his 88-year-old father out of a Brooklyn nursing home where more than 50 people have died. His father later died of COVID-19 at home."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/ap-count-4300-virus-patients-ny-nursing-homes-70825470

More dumb and dumber’er. From MSN and Fox: GBI says neighbor who videotaped Ahmaud Arbery's killing just as responsible as shooters.

Does that mean journalists who film the news are as guilty as the people they are filming, and cops with “body cams” are as guilty as the perps they are arresting? 

Ah, the Lex Luthor of finance.

George Soros Says EU May Not Survive Coronavirus Crisis By Reuters, Wire Service Content May 22, 2020, at 5:13 a.m. LONDON (Reuters) - Billionaire financier George Soros said the European Union could break apart in the wake of the new coronavirus pandemic unless the block issued perpetual bonds to help weak members such as Italy.

The novel coronavirus, which emerged in China last year, has stalled swathes of the global economy while governments have ramped up borrowing to levels not seen in peacetime history. Soros, 89, said the damage to the euro zone economy from the new coronavirus would last "longer than most people think", adding that the rapid evolution of the virus meant that a reliable vaccine would be hard to develop.

The hedge-fund veteran and chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC said perpetual bonds, used by the British to finance wars against Napoleon, would allow the European Union - itself created out of the ashes of World War Two - to survive. "If the EU is unable to consider it now, it may not be able to survive the challenges it currently confronts," Soros said in a transcript of a question-and-answer session emailed to reporters. "This is not a theoretical possibility; it may be the tragic reality." The comments were approved by Soros for publication on Friday, a spokesman said. Soros, who earned fame by betting against the pound in 1992, said that with major countries such as Germany selling bonds with a negative yield, perpetual bonds would ease a looming budget crunch across the bloc.

This may or may not be related to the coronavirus, but this Karen is the same figure we see all the time in the shutdown.

(Karen is a meme name for an entitled irritating bossy female nag, especially of strangers. She is usually white and middle-aged. Nobody really knows why the name "Karen" and not another female name caught on. It just kind of emerged from the churn on the Internet.)

Anyway, here is how you are supposed to handle control freaks.

Always.

Not just during the shutdown.

That sure feels good.

🙂

Michael