Coronavirus - The Light Side

Coronavirus - The Light Side

I've been thinking of ways to keep morale up during this massive shut-down of the country (talk about productive people shrugging... they're being made to shrug! :) ) and I've wanted to put up a thread for something humorous about what is going on.

I've been reluctant because I wanted to respect the pain of people who have been touched by COVID-19. Yet we have to get through this thing and shutting down spiritually will not lead to a good place.

I just can't untangle this, so what the hell. Here's the thread. If you are one in pain, this is not meant to make light of your situation. It's to make light of ours.

People can post what they will, but please, keep it on the nice side. Try to stay away from humor that is too dark or too filled with hatred.

My intent is to raise morale.

I hope you join me in that intent.

Here's the first (hat tip to Sarah Palin of all people :) ):

image.png

:)

Michael

13 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

I was 76 on March 28.

Now, give me more than two reasons why I should "stay the fuck at home!"

--Brant

Not spreading a disease around and making other people sick isn't a good enough reason for you?

(Sorry, Michael, your thread's intent is already being ambushed, but....  Brant started it. :evil:)

Ellen

10 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

I was 76 on March 28.

Now, give me more than two reasons why I should "stay the fuck at home!"

Brant,

Happy birthday. :) 

I sent you a happy birthday over on Facebook. It popped up. I thought of making a fuss here, but something in the back of my mind kept telling me you didn't want a fuss made.

But I'm happy to make a fuss, if you like.

As to the two reasons to stay the fuck at home, let me give it a shot.

Based on the media...

Uhmmmm...

1. Somebody said so.
2. The monster will eat you.

That's about all I've got...

Michael

10 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Not spreading a disease around and making other people sick isn't a good enough reason for you?

(Sorry, Michael, your thread's intent is already being ambushed, but....  Brant started it. :evil:)

Ellen,

LOL...

I forgot about Brant making other people sick...

(How's that for bad taste? :) )

Michael

EDIT: To avoid any misunderstanding from the banter, Brant actually makes people well. If I remember correctly, he worked on medical teams in the armed service. :) 

2 hours ago, merjet said:

Are these for quacks? 🙂

Merlin,

LOL...

Duckbill respirator masks?

Whoever needs one of these things has to pay a pretty penny for it, too: 140 smackaroonies.

Dayaamm!

Here's a picture from the site for the reader:

image.png

That shore looks like it'll do 'er for those who need it.

btw - I found the perfect accompaniment for people who are such dog lovers, they can't live without their dog, even when they go out in public, and want to protect it from the coronavirus.

You have to buy two of the duckbill respirator masks you mentioned (in the first picture above), one for you and one for your dog, but for your dog, you use it in conjunction with the following Anti Bite Duck Mouth Shape Dog Mouth Cover.

image.png

I'm having fun, of course, but this item is a real thing. It's sold on Amazon here.

Wanna see what something like that looks like when it's on?

image.png

I could waste a lot of time and try to Photoshop the duckbill respirator mask over that, but I'll leave that to your imagination.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brant,

Happy birthday. :) 

I sent you a happy birthday over on Facebook. It popped up. I thought of making a fuss here, but something in the back of my mind kept telling me you didn't want a fuss made.

But I'm happy to make a fuss, if you like.

As to the two reasons to stay the fuck at home, let me give it a shot.

Based on the media...

Uhmmmm...

1. Somebody said so.
2. The monster will eat you.

That's about all I've got...

Michael

I don't get your Facebook posts.

I was a Green Beret medic, AKA a Special Forces Aidman. I was trained to do amputations and wound debridement and veinous cutdowns and cyroidthroidotomies in the field. I learned modern CPR in 1965. 

--Brant

on the lighter side . . .