Cruz Nuz

3 hours ago, Robert Campbell said:

Influenced to do what?

Robert,

Oh... I don't know... Let me count the ways...

1. Shut down the crony deals of the Bush family and the Bush family's friends,

2. Pull America out of Endless War for profit,

3. Tell the truth to the American public as a general policy,

4. Lower taxes,

5. Reduce the size of government,

6. Fix the immigration system for real, 

7. Close down Common Core.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Oh... I forgot... that doesn't sound like a Bush, now does it?

:evil: 

Or is it this?: "But... but... but... this time it's going to be different!"

:) 

Michael

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

I'm posting links to the three items that were cited in the campaign email you got.

It's an interesting array, from anti-Trump conservative Republican (Red State) to purported inside skinny, slanted to favor Democrats (Politico), to Left-wing ward-heeling (elect Progressive Democrats to push out the moderates! elect hard Left Democrats to push out the Progressives!) (Talking Points Memo).

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/04/05/vote-trump-else-bestie-roger-stone-threatens-send-angry-trump-fans-delegates-hotel-rooms-video/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/delegates-face-death-threats-from-trump-supporters-222302

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/death-threats-trump-supporters

The reference to "Corey culture" was a hoot.  

There ain't but one culture in and around the Trump campaign: "Trump culture."

It also made me wonder what kind of image advice Paul Manafort (the alleged antidote to Lewandowski) gave to his Ukrainian oligarch/Russian puppet client.

Robert

3 hours ago, moralist said:

I just gotta say that this, you guys. The Trump versus Cruz political battle is positively fascinating! :)

Unlike past years... this time California will actually matter in the primaries. 172 winner-take-all delegates is a hefty prize. I like both Cruz and Trump for different reasons and believe that either of them will make a better President than Clinton...

...so for me this is a win/win situation.

Greg

Greg:

It is not winner take all, however he should take at least 55% of the CD's.

A...

Wow, Roger. Bizarro.  As I absorbed the panels I was thinking, this must be funny, but then it hit me: is this a hateful cartoon? It must be a psychological experiment, right? Make sense of it, damn it. OK . . . Superman can reverse time by flying around the earth in the direction opposite its rotation. So, if you view the cels backwards, Clark is minding his own business walking down the street, he hears the screams from burning victims, changes into his Superman costume, saves them, and then proudly continues down the street. Donald Trump is elected! That’s it. It’s a plea from Roger for the Republican Party to unite, create a party of inclusion for generations to come, name Cruz as VP, and save America. And this uplifting story is in today’s Daily Planet.  

Peter

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Robert,

Oh... I don't know... Let me count the ways...

1. Shut down the crony deals of the Bush family and the Bush family's friends,

2. Pull America out of Endless War for profit,

3. Tell the truth to the American public as a general policy,

4. Lower taxes,

5. Reduce the size of government,

6. Fix the immigration system for real, 

7. Close down Common Core.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Oh... I forgot... that doesn't sound like a Bush, now does it?

Or is it this?: "But... but... but... this time it's going to be different!"

Michael

Michael,

I recommend cutting down on the Alex Jones.

Robert

1 hour ago, Robert Campbell said:

I recommend cutting down on the Alex Jones.

Robert,

There you go not seeing me again.

I really do think like that.

As for you totally ignoring Neil Bush with Ted Cruz (or other Cruz Bush ties), I don't know what to think.

I don't like it, so I am going to vote against it. And it looks like millions of people think like I do.

Michael

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, Selene said:

Greg:

It is not winner take all, however he should take at least 55% of the CD's.

A...

Overall, you're right, Adam. It's only winner take all by each Congressional district.

"California's primary is a winner-take-all system by Congressional District."

(from cagop.org )

Greg

13 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

ELIMINATED
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/official-ted-cruz-mathematically-eliminated-gop-race/

ChBDMPnVEAA-8qW.jpg

Pulled from Drudge, sleazy Ted Cruz is mathematically eliminated:

Time to drop out, Ted.

It is rather comical that Ted is going to make a "major announcement" this afternoon.   I assume this will be to pick a running mate, and assume further it will be CF.*

It will not only be CF,* but it will be a CF**.  Very bad move.   Kind of like a 4-10 professional football team announcing that it is selling playoff tickets with 2 games to go.  My guess is that this move will be about as well-recieved as the Cruz-Kasich alliance that recently turned into yet another CF.***

*Carly Fiorna.

**"Charlie Foxtrot."    See below.

***Cluster Fuck. 

38 minutes ago, Peter said:

I think picking Carly is a good idea for Trump. Trump is still polling 70 percent unfavorably with women. Ooops. It was Cruz who picked Carly as Veep.

Peter,

Ha!

So you think all those women who voted for Trump yesterday in all five states, in all counties of all those five states, did so because they thought Trump might run with Carly as VP and they got confused?

(Hmmmm... all right... all right... that one was lame... let me try again...)

Speaking of which, why the hell did all those women vote for Trump yesterday, anyway. Can't they read a goddam poll?

Yup, that one worked.

Michael

I want to mock the following video, but it just makes me feel sick with pity.

Glenn Beck says if Cruz loses Indiana, all of mankind will lose freedom. Not just America. All of mankind. Nothing less is at stake.

I feel real good that Trump is killing it, but this is the shadow on the sunny day.

I feel no merriment about this, just sadness.

I want the good Glenn Beck back.

Besides, where the hell is the guy who said he was going to take Walt Disney's place as a cultural producer of high values entertainment and vowed he would never get involved in politics?

What a fall from grace...

Michael

35 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Glenn Beck says if Cruz loses Indiana, all of mankind will lose freedom. Not just America. All of mankind. Nothing less is at stake.

I feel real good that Trump is killing it, but this is the shadow on the sunny day.

Besides, where the hell is the guy who said he was going to take Walt Disney's place as a cultural producer of high values entertainment and vowed he would never get involved in politics?

Michael

I recall telling you some time ago that Glenn Beck is a buffoon.  Are you convinced yet?

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I recall telling you some time ago that Glenn Beck is a buffoon.  Are you convinced yet?

Bob,

No.

Beck was not a buffoon back then nor is he now.

Back then, he may have had seeds of his current irrationality (like the start of lung cancer, which no one sees), but his analyses were insightful. He dug Van Jones out of the Obama administration, he made the word, "Caliphate," a thing when everyone else mocked him (they are not mocking that word now, are they?), he blew the hell out of ACORN, he blew the lid off of George Soros, the Chicago Climate Exchange, and on and on.

He was and is a great storyteller, too.

But now he's a person who has gone too far into the stories of his religion and is applying Biblical prophesies to current politics. He's even trying to relive Biblical and Mormon stories by repeating them in the election. He didn't do that back then. To me, his delusion about a direct line to God telling him who should be elected is bordering on mental illness.

Something bad grew in Beck's mind. He has definitely developed a full-blown cult mentality and sees himself as an unwilling--but committed--prophet of God's will. He really believes that and it tortures him.

I don't consider any of that an object for merriment. It does make him irrelevant for today's affairs, though.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Michael

Fall from grace is putting it mildly. Peyote induced?

I remember ('09?) when he aired his first t.v. show on Fox that he opened with his admiration and promotion of Atlas Shrugged.  -Joe

2 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Carly Fiorna... Bobblehead v2

Yeah, and Trump looks like a purse-lipped fishhead with a bad do, and Cruz looks like Grampa on The Munsters. We're on a roll here. Who's next with astute, relevant observations?

REB

6 hours ago, Roger Bissell said:

Yeah, and Trump looks like a purse-lipped fishhead with a bad do, and Cruz looks like Grampa on The Munsters. We're on a roll here. Who's next with astute, relevant observations?

13051663_10153636233282921_2540528580982

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Michael,

You took Glenn Beck way too seriously to begin with.

Robert

On April 26, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Robert,

There you go not seeing me again.

I really do think like that.

As for you totally ignoring Neil Bush with Ted Cruz (or other Cruz Bush ties), I don't know what to think.

I don't like it, so I am going to vote against it. And it looks like millions of people think like I do.

Michael

Michael,

Did the presence of a Barbour family member on McDaniel's team make him an Establishment plant?

You've refused to say.

Here's what you're effectively saying your thinking consists of:

Whatever Cruz says is worthless, because Cruz is saying it.

Whatever Trump says can be ignored, because Trump's true essence escapes any formulation in words.  Not even in his own.

The words of both are discounted, nearly to zero in some cases.

But the effects of the discounting are differential:

Cruz is always far worse than anyone could have suspected.

Trump is always far better than anyone could have suspected.

I don't doubt that many others think the same way.

But this is a big country.  Your faction can number in the millions, and be outnumbered by another with lots more millions.

Obama led Romney by more than 10% just once after March 1, 2012.  That's where Hillary is against Donald, right now.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-trump-cant-win/article/2588132

Robert

Edited by Robert Campbell
Corrected some poll numbers.

Whatever Cruz says is worthless, because Cruz is saying it.

Robert,

That's kinda the way I (and others) treat someone who lies in their face in favor of things they despise.

It's a character judgment, which is what I have been saying about Cruz all along. I like the ideas he talks about. I don't like what he does about them. And he lies. I can give lots of examples, but since I already have, and you have ignored them, I see no reason to keep repeating them.

But here are a couple easy ones. I don't even think Cruz realizes when he says Trump supports Obamacare, or that he wants to open a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and things like that, he comes off really weird to all but his staunch supporters.

If he is lying, well there you are. If he is not lying, that's even worse. That means he sees things that are not there and ignores what he does see.

There's no way to trust a guy like that. Not for someone like me.

Michael

Did the presence of a Barbour family member on McDaniel's team make him an Establishment plant?

You've refused to say.

Robert,

I had to do some reading to understand what the hell you keep harping on this for.

And I came to one conclusion, but it's a question, not a statement.

Why on earth would the establishment need to infiltrate Chris McDaniel's life when he is surrounded by the  the Club for Growth PAC and the Tea Party Express?

These organizations may not have started as establishment shills, but they certainly turned into them.

I don't know much about Chris McDaniel, but, from what I read, he sure keeps some bad company in his inner circle.

Michael