Cruz Nuz

What topics are discussed on Ted Cruz’s Presidential web site? Restore the constitution. Second Amendment Rights. Secure the border. Stand with Israel. Jobs and opportunity. Rein in Washington.

Religious liberty. On day one, a President Cruz will instruct the Department of Justice, the IRS, and every other federal agency that the persecution of religious liberty ends today.

Life, marriage, and family  . . . . And rather than enacting policies that tear down these pillars of our society, he will work to restore a culture of life, marriage, and family.

And Ba’al the sub-issues under his topic, Defend our Nation are: Be a shining beacon, defeat isis, exert world leadership, protect the homeland, rebuild our military, rip up the Iran deal, and honor our veterans.

What does Cruz mean by exert world leadership. From the site: We cannot recede from our leadership in the world. If we withdraw from the Middle East, the radical jihadists will not be content to stay there—they are going to attack our allies in the region and beyond. And they are on the lookout for every opportunity to attack us here at home. end quote

So Cruz will not attempt to create a state religion. Cruz is NOT a believer in The Forever War. Cruz does not want to create jobs by financing government jobs other than rebuilding the military.

You said, “He wishes to sit on the Iron Throne.” But if by that you are saying none of them wish to be President or to be a powerful President, you are wrong. That is why they all are running. If anything Cruz’s message is the least interventionist, except in some ways, Trump, trumps him in isolationism. But what Trump says and does will be two different things. He needs medicine to thicken his skin if he wants to be President. Cruz has the temperament to be President.

Cruz will let freedom ring, stop meddling in the economy and stop infringing on our rights. NO ONE could do a better job. 

Peter 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Peter said:

What topics are discussed on Ted Cruz’s Presidential web site? Restore the constitution. Second Amendment Rights. Secure the border. Stand with Israel. Jobs and opportunity. Rein in Washington.

Peter,

Ha!

You just described a good deal of the content of the covertly neocon National Review.

:)

(drip.. drip... drip... --> That dripping sound is the blood falling of young soldiers in the neocon Endless War for profit.)

Talk is cheap. An actual resume is not.

Michael

Cruz is a Senator who is not liked at all by politicians, even in his own party. But he will stand by his core beliefs and get things done. He is a big fan of Ayn Rand. And because he is moved by and knows Rand’s philosophy he knows what Rand would do. And he knows what to do. Let me repeat that: He knows what to do to be a Constitutionalist and to guarantee individual freedoms. He could be a great President. He is tough but honest. HE IS just 46!!!    

Trump wants to sit on the Iron Throne, Ba’al! And what are Trump’s qualifications for President? Affluenza. 4 times bankrupt. Clueless. Bully. Misogynist. Droning repeater. Quick to anger. Vindictive. He has questionable future policies. He is going to disappoint his naïve supporters. Fan of Putin but not a fan of the Pope. 27 percent favorability rating among women. Low favorability among Hispanics. He is a liar. He is a waffler. He is an OLD, OLD fart. He is a former democrat. He supported democrats supposedly for favors or for political pull as with the Clintons. He has no political experience in a job that requires experience. He will be playing catchup from day one if elected. He is no wrecking ball as many HOPE, and he is not a messiah. He WILL use executive orders to get his way. He will not work with Congress except to get the best deal possible which means he has no core convictions. He is a dealer. He will be despised and distrusted on the world stage. Our allies cannot and will not trust him, for good reason.

The fact that very few career military people are Trump supporters is very telling. I still remember him saying and implying, that if someone in the military did not disobey the law if he told them to, including committing war crimes, he would punish them. Morally, James Bond was doing good. But can you imagine the clandestine war crimes, hidden agendas, and outrages from Trump? Great Zeus, he will be a disaster. Other than that he IS better than Hillary though I think Bernie’s pigheaded ideology might make him less affective as President.        

Peter     

From Wikipedia Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz (born December 22, 1970) is an American politician and the junior United States Senator from Texas. He is a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election.

Cruz graduated from Princeton University in 1992, and from Harvard Law School in 1995. Between 1999 and 2003, he was the Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, an Associate Deputy Attorney General at the United States Department of Justice, and domestic policy advisor to George W. Bush on the 2000 George W. Bush presidential campaign. He served as Solicitor General of Texas, from 2003 to 2008, appointed by Texas Attorney General, Greg Abbott. He was the first Hispanic, and the longest-serving, Solicitor General in Texas history. From 2004 to 2009, Cruz was also an adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation.

. . . . He is the first Hispanic American to serve as a U.S. senator representing Texas, and is one of three senators of Cuban descent. He chairs the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Activities and is also the chairman of the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Space, Science and Competitiveness. In November 2012, he was appointed vice-chairman of the National Republican senatorial committee.

Cruz began campaigning for the Republican presidential nomination in March 2015. During the primary campaign, his base of support has mainly been among social conservatives, though he has had crossover appeal to other factions within his party, including libertarian conservatives. His victory in the February 2016 Iowa caucuses marked the first time a Hispanic person won a presidential caucus or primary.

Comparing the Cruz and Trump tax plans is informative. The Cruz tax plan has a flat, personal income tax rate of ten percent, a flat business tax rate of sixteen percent rate and a flat value-added sales-type tax of sixteen percent, with no death tax.

Trump’s plan has more personal income tax brackets, 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% – instead of the current seven. It has a fifteen percent flat business tax, and no death tax.

Peter

From the Cruz site: It’s time for the next American revolution; it’s time to reignite growth in our economy. And the best way to do that is through fundamental tax reform. Cruz’s Simple Flat Tax abolishes the IRS and replaces the byzantine tax code with a simple, fair tax. America’s economic strength has been smothered by years of Obama’s broken promises, and stifling mandates and taxes, such as those under Obamacare. A great stagnation has led to a lost workforce: Millions of Americans have given up trying to find work and acquire skills to improve their well-being. America needs a bold stroke of pro-growth tax policy to reignite the mighty U.S. economic engine. The Simple Flat Tax is a critical first step to restoring the promise of growth and prosperity in America.

Under the Simple Flat Tax, the current seven rates of personal income tax will collapse into a single low rate of 10 percent. For a family of four, the first $36,000 will be tax-free. The Child Tax Credit will remain in place, and the Simple Flat Tax Plan expands and modernizes the Earned Income Tax Credit with greater anti-fraud and pro-marriage reforms. As a result, the Simple Flat Tax will ensure that low- and middle-income Americans have greater opportunities – not only through minimal taxes, but also through better, high-paying jobs that the Simple Flat Tax will generate. Under the plan, deductions for charitable contributions and mortgage interest payments are preserved.

The IRS will cease to exist as we know it, there will be zero targeting of individuals based on their faith or political beliefs, and there will be no way for thousands of agents to manipulate the system.

For businesses, the corporate income tax will be eliminated. It will be replaced by a simple Business Flat Tax at a single 16 percent rate. The current payroll tax system will be abolished, while maintaining full funding for Social Security and Medicare.

The convoluted tax code will be replaced with new rules of the game – so simple, in fact, that individuals and families could file their taxes on a postcard or phone app. The Death Tax will be eliminated. The Alternative Minimum Tax will be eliminated. The tax on profits earned abroad will be eliminated. And of course, the Obamacare taxes will be eliminated. Also gone will be the unending loopholes in the current code, the stacks of depreciation schedules for businesses, and the multi-tiered rates on income and investments. Under the Simple Flat Tax, the Internet remains free from taxes.

The results will be truly dramatic. According to the well-respected Tax Foundation, the Simple Flat Tax will deliver an economic boost of tremendous magnitude. In the first decade, the Simple Flat Tax will:

Boost Gross Domestic Product by 13.9 percent above what is currently projected. Increase wages by 12.2 percent. Create 4,861,000 additional jobs. In the tax-cutting spirit of Presidents Ronald Reagan and John F. Kennedy, the Simple Flat Tax will lift Americans out of the current economic stagnation and into an historic boom.

From the Trump site. Under the Trump tax plan if you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,” those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.

All other Americans will get a simpler tax code with four brackets – 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% – instead of the current seven. This new tax code eliminates the marriage penalty and the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) while providing the lowest tax rate since before World War II.

No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.

No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family, not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it. The Trump Tax Plan Is Revenue Neutral . The Trump tax cuts are fully paid for by: Reducing or eliminating most deductions and loopholes available to the very rich.

Snippets from Bernie’s economic programs. Despite huge advancements in technology and productivity, millions of Americans are working longer hours for lower wages. The real median income of male workers is $783 less than it was 42 years ago; while the real median income of female workers is over $1,300 less than it was in 2007. That is unacceptable and that has got to change.

There is something profoundly wrong when we have a proliferation of millionaires and billionaires at the same time as millions of Americans work longer hours for lower wages and we have the highest childhood poverty rate of nearly any developed country on earth.

There is something profoundly wrong when one family owns more wealth than the bottom 130 million Americans.

The reality is that for the past 40 years, Wall Street and the billionaire class has rigged the rules to redistribute wealth and income to the wealthiest and most powerful people of this country.

This campaign is sending a message to the billionaire class: “you can’t have it all.” You can’t get huge tax breaks while children in this country go hungry. You can’t continue sending our jobs to China while millions are looking for work. You can’t hide your profits in the Cayman Islands and other tax havens, while there are massive unmet needs on every corner of this nation. Your greed has got to end. You cannot take advantage of all the benefits of America, if you refuse to accept your responsibilities as Americans.

As president, Senator Bernie Sanders will reduce income and wealth inequality by:

Demanding that the wealthy and large corporations pay their fair share in taxes. As president, Sen. Sanders will stop corporations from shifting their profits and jobs overseas to avoid paying U.S. income taxes. He will create a progressive estate tax on the top 0.3 percent of Americans who inherit more than $3.5 million. He will also enact a tax on Wall Street speculators who caused millions of Americans to lose their jobs, homes, and life savings.

Increasing the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $15 an hour by 2020. In the year 2015, no one who works 40 hours a week should be living in poverty.

Putting at least 13 million Americans to work by investing $1 trillion over five years towards rebuilding our crumbling roads, bridges, railways, airports, public transit systems, ports, dams, wastewater plants, and other infrastructure needs.

Reversing trade policies like NAFTA, CAFTA, and PNTR with China that have driven down wages and caused the loss of millions of jobs. If corporate America wants us to buy their products they need to manufacture those products in this country, not in China or other low-wage countries.

Creating 1 million jobs for disadvantaged young Americans by investing $5.5 billion in a youth jobs program. Today, the youth unemployment rate is off the charts. We have got to end this tragedy by making sure teenagers and young adults have the jobs they need to move up the economic ladder.

Fighting for pay equity by signing the Paycheck Fairness Act into law. It is an outrage that women earn just 78 cents for every dollar a man earns.

Making tuition free at public colleges and universities throughout America. Everyone in this country who studies hard should be able to go to college regardless of income.

Expanding Social Security by lifting the cap on taxable income above $250,000. At a time when the senior poverty rate is going up, we have got to make sure that every American can retire with dignity and respect.

Guaranteeing healthcare as a right of citizenship by enacting a Medicare for all single-payer healthcare system. It’s time for the U.S. to join every major industrialized country on earth and provide universal healthcare to all.

Requiring employers to provide at least 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave; two weeks of paid vacation; and 7 days of paid sick days. Real family values are about making sure that parents have the time they need to bond with their babies and take care of their children and relatives when they get ill.

Enacting a universal childcare and prekindergarten program. Every psychologist understands that the most formative years for a human being is from the ages 0-3. We have got to make sure every family in America has the opportunity to send their kids to a high quality childcare and pre-K program.

Making it easier for workers to join unions by fighting for the Employee Free Choice Act. One of the most significant reasons for the 40-year decline in the middle class is that the rights of workers to collectively bargain for better wages and benefits have been severely undermined.

Breaking up huge financial institutions so that they are no longer too big to fail. Seven years ago, the taxpayers of this country bailed out Wall Street because they were too big to fail. Yet, 3 out of the 4 largest financial institutions are 80 percent bigger today than before we bailed them out. Sen. Sanders has introduced legislation to break these banks up. As president, he will fight to sign this legislation into law.

I picked three sets of lyrics. If you were to distribute them between the three, Bernie, Hillary, and Donald who would get which? I would give Skyfall to Trump, In the Air Tonight to Bernie, and Toto’s Africa to Hillary.

Peter

"Skyfall" ADELE

This is the end
Hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the earth move and then
Hear my heart burst again

For this is the end
I've drowned and dreamt this moment
So overdue I owe them
Swept away, I'm stolen

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall
That skyfall

Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number, you can take my name
But you'll never have my heart

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)
When it crumbles (when it crumbles)
We will stand tall (we will stand tall)
Face it all together

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)
When it crumbles (when it crumbles)
We will stand tall (we will stand tall)
Face it all together
At skyfall . . .

Let the sky fall
We will stand tall
At skyfall
Oh-s...

That Oh-s actually appears in the lyrics. Oh shit? Peter

"In The Air Tonight" PHIL COLLINS

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin,
I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well, I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well I remember, I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget,
It's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up,
No you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show
But the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well, I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord.

Africa By Toto

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me
towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way,
Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient
melodies
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever
do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had (Oh
uh)

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the
Serangeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside,
Frightened of this thing that I've become

do
I bless the rains down in Africa
uh)

"Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you"

do
I bless the rains down in Africa,
I bless the rains down in Africa, (I bless the rain)
I bless the rains down in Africa, (I bless the rain)
I bless the rains down in Africa,
I bless the rains down in Africa (I'm gonna take some

time)
uh)

Songwriters: DAVID GERGES, KEN KIPRONO RING © Universal Music Publishing Group For non-commercial use only.

On 4/3/2016 at 4:46 PM, Roger Bissell said:
On 4/3/2016 at 4:14 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ted Cruz SAYS he is more consistent with Objectivist Politics than anyone else and he throws a bone to Objectivists by reading passages of Atlas Shrugged out loud.

What he DOES in the Senate and backstage is a crapload different... Notice that anything he DOES that is antithetical to Objectivist Politics gets done (crony trade agreements anyone?). Anything he DOES to support Objectivist Politics dies (Don Quixote monologues anyone?).

I realize that is not an important distinction to SAYS people, but it is critical to DOES people.

If you're a SAYS kind of guy, Cruz is near perfect. (Note, most ortho-Objectivists are talkers, not doers.) 

If you're a DOES kind of guy, you will seek out productive doers like Trump.

Cruz campaigned in Iowa taking a stand against ethanol subsidies, which are supported by the Establishment GOP and crony capitalists there. Yet, he came out the winner. Was taking that politically risky stand SAYING or DOING? (Fans of the fallacy of the false alternative will recognize that it was both SAYING -AND~ DOING.)

:P

REB

This is wrong in so many ways. First of all, this is what I was referring to over on page 39,413 of the Trump thread as MSK and others "mocking" Cruz for reading AS on the floor of the Senate. If this isn't mocking per se, it's certainly attempting to reduce it to insignificance and hypocrisy. Secondly, as noted below, Cruz both SAYS AND DOES on many issues. No, he's not completely consistent, but he's not just a TALKER-NOT-DOER, nor are most ortho-Objectivists. (I don't know where one would get such information about ortho-Objectivists to base such a claim on, anyway.) I know quite a few Objectivists supporting Cruz, ortho or otherwise, who are both TALKERS-AND-DOERS, like Cruz. I'm sure there are Trump-supporters who qualify for each of the talk-action categories. So, why attack the character of people you don't even know? And more importantly, why FALSELY attack Cruz's character and record?? Go to his website and read the voluminous details of the things he has DONE, not just the things he has SAID. I've read Trump's web pages on policy twice and see NOTHING on what he has DONE to support the policies he proposes except TALK. Unfortunately, he sometimes says conflicting things on issues two or three times the same day (like on the abortion issue, recently). This is preferable to Cruz? Really? I wonder how Trump would govern. I wonder, I wonder...well, no, I don't wonder. He would no doubt continue to utter 3 contradictory things every alternate Thursday, and 6 on Sunday. (See below for more.)

On 4/3/2016 at 6:33 PM, Roger Bissell said:
On 4/3/2016 at 5:06 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

SAYING.

I didn't see Cruz DO anything about ethanol except talk.

Don't tell me you think just because a politician SAYS one thing during an election, he will DO it. If so, I have a bridge... (you know the rest... :) ).

He has consistently (I'm not sure of any lapses) VOTED against subsidies in Congress - is that SAYING or DOING? To me, it's both. It's not just SAYING you're against them, it's DOING something against them, namely, voting against them.

Similarly, in the Iowa caucus campaign, he remained consistent with what he DID in Congress, by continuing to oppose subsidies - when he could have gotten more votes by changing his position, as some others did.

On 4/3/2016 at 5:08 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Speaking of Iowa, here's what I saw Ted Cruz DO.

He had his staff tell voters Ben Carson was no longer running right at the caucuses and right at voting time.

Of course, he SAYS that's not what he did, but he did it. Seven Mountains or not.

So, maintaining consistency in SPEECH and ACTION about subsidies is NOT doing. But "having your staff" SAY something is DOING?

Sounds to me like you're mangling and reversing the distinction between Cruz's DOING and SAYING when it exists in a rather unclear situation, and ignoring his overall DOING ~AND~ SAYING consistently about subsidies, when the evidence is very clear-cut and first-person.

On 4/3/2016 at 5:08 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I wonder how he would govern, I wonder, I wonder...

That's really funny, coming from a supporter of the candidate who has a different position on issues each day of the week - and sometimes more than one position on a given day, or even in a single hour. :P

REB

I didn't notice a response to this post. I guess MSK was too busy stomping and stomping Robert and the governor of Wisconsin. (Feel better now, MSK?)

Reb!

1 hour ago, Roger Bissell said:

First of all, this is what I was referring to over on page 39,413 of the Trump thread as MSK and others "mocking" Cruz for reading AS on the floor of the Senate. If this isn't mocking per se, it's certainly attempting to reduce it to insignificance and hypocrisy.

Roger,

I might have been clearer in the actual writing, but you are reading into my phrase "Don Quixote monologue" the message you want as you conveniently ignore my point.

Cruz never made an entire monologue out of passages from Atlas Shrugged. If he has done that, I would have cheered, even if he got jack-shit done. 

The quotes from AS were small parts of a publicity stunt. My point was that Cruz was very good at staging monologues like filibusters that were designed to get a lot of press, not not actually get anything else done. That way he can keep peace with the neocons (as per his voting record) as he looks like he's something else.

And, yes, he was throwing a bone to the Objectivist and libertarian community by reading from AS. I have little doubt he would have preferred to read the Bible, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence only. That doesn't mean I'm mocking him for reading AS. I didn't even mock him for reading Green Eggs and Ham. 

I'm mocking the kneejerk Objectivist and libertarians who get all fluttery moon-eyed and turn into mush when he mentions Rand in public.

I repeat, nobody in this thread I know of has mocked Cruz for reading AS in the Senate.

As to the corn subsidy, yes, Cruz did vote against it right as he was working to hand over US trade sovereignty to multi-nation courts. Excuse me if I don't consider that much in the DOING department. It's like curing a cold as you amputate both legs over nothing. Do you really want to talk about what a great cold-curer you are in that context? What a great doer you are?

Heh.

Try building a skyscraper or something. And try doing it for profit on the open market.

That is doing something for real.

Cruz is all talk and no do.

Michael

Cruz reading from the Senate floor was likely to an empty house. It was made for TV, the Internet and social media. I understand this is quite common for our Congress critters. Have others noticed there isn't much franked mail any more from Washington--or is it just my state (AZ) and District?

I bet he's made a bunch.

--Brant

Korben,

I love the lovely ladies, but they are not going to be Cruz's main sex scandal headache, even if it comes out he was cheating on Heidi.

The following is going to be a monster headache, probably starting Wednesday or Thursday, depending on if the lawyer, Montgomery Sibley defies a gag order he is under. He has promised to do just that.

Note, Geraldo Rivera and Judge Jeanine Pirro are also on the video interviewing Alex Jones back when Palfrey died. She gave Alex an interview shortly before she "committed suicide" saying she was not thinking of suicide, but instead was thinking of exposing people in the government. Rachel Maddow has reported on this a couple of days ago, too, and not in a conspiracy theory mocking tone.

Franky, I think the media vultures are circling up in the sky in hushed silence for now...

Where this hits Ted Cruz is that he was involved in the Bush transition team and in the vote recount in Florida for Bush's election. Phone numbers have already surfaced linking those committees with Palfrey's escort service at times Cruz was present and there are rumors from coworkers. However, the gag order doesn't allow names to be associated with phone numbers.

If Sibley defies it, names and numbers will get connected in public, and all hell will break loose, since Ted Cruz will not be the only one affected. Expect to see shit flying all over the place in Washington.

This is not just about sex, anymore. There are two suicides that many people believe were murders. As Jones and Rivera said in the video, women rarely hang themselves when they commit suicide, they prefer pills and other less violent forms, but here we have two women in a row from the same escort service who hung themselves in roughly the same manner.

Stay tuned and get your popcorn. This promises to get real interesting real fast starting at any moment.

For the record, Sibley says he's not thinking of committing suicide, either. He has too much joy in his life.

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

I love the lovely ladies, but they are not going to be Cruz's main sex scandal headache, even if it comes out he was cheating on Heidi.

Definitely objective for entertainment, though some of the connections they identify are interesting as well

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

The following is going to be a monster headache, probably starting Wednesday or Thursday, depending on if the lawyer, Montgomery Sibley defies a gag order he is under. He has promised to do just that.

[...]

Note, Geraldo Rivera and Judge Jeanine Pirro are also on the video interviewing Alex Jones back when Palfrey died. She gave Alex an interview shortly before she "committed suicide" saying she was not thinking of suicide, but instead was thinking of exposing people in the government. Rachel Maddow has reported on this a couple of days ago, too, and not in a conspiracy theory mocking tone.

Franky, I think the media vultures are circling up in the sky in hushed silence for now...

Where this hits Ted Cruz is that he was involved in the Bush transition team and in the vote recount in Florida for Bush's election. Phone numbers have already surfaced linking those committees with Palfrey's escort service at times Cruz was present and there are rumors from coworkers. However, the gag order doesn't allow names to be associated with phone numbers.

If Sibley defies it, names and numbers will get connected in public, and all hell will break loose, since Ted Cruz will not be the only one affected. Expect to see shit flying all over the place in Washington.

This is not just about sex, anymore. There are two suicides that many people believe were murders. As Jones and Rivera said in the video, women rarely hang themselves when they commit suicide, they prefer pills and other less violent forms, but here we have two women in a row from the same escort service who hung themselves in roughly the same manner.

Stay tuned and get your popcorn. This promises to get real interesting real fast starting at any moment.

For the record, Sibley says he's not thinking of committing suicide, either. He has too much joy in his life.

Michael

MSK,

I couldn't watch the video earlier, but I was able to and began recognizing some of the Palfrey incident.  I remember that it seemed like Jones had a possible context going, but he wasn't given much credit due to his previous conspiracy theories.  I'm still not sure what to think of it, if not all the elements are true, some likely are, which would warrant more digging.  I think Jones has more credit now and it will be interesting to see what he can come up with.  If true, the last thing the people involved want is a conspiracy theorist like Jones figuring it out.

I think it will take some time to reach a conclusion like with the Edwards affair, but I think we will end up with the truth.

(Popcorn ready)

On April 12, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Brant Gaede said:

Cruz reading from the Senate floor was likely to an empty house. It was made for TV, the Internet and social media. I understand this is quite common for our Congress critters. Have others noticed there isn't much franked mail any more from Washington--or is it just my state (AZ) and District?

I bet he's made a bunch.

--Brant

Brant,

I used to get a ton of it, here in South Carolina.

Hardly ever see franked mail any more.

What used to be recited in front of an empty chamber for the Congressional Record now ends up on the web.

Robert

On 4/12/2016 at 8:35 PM, Brant Gaede said:

I bet he's made a bunch.

--Brant

sex_Sells.jpgsex_Sells1.jpg

Edited by william.scherk
Adjusted the brightness, contrast, and spin

And now a word from Ann Coulter that is bound to amuse and astound.

TED CRUZ: TRACY FLICK WITH A D*CK
April 13, 2016
Ann Coulter

Here's the whole enchilada from her site:

Ann Coulter said:

Before we begin, can we stop referring to Wisconsin as "Midwestern nice"? That's all we've heard since Ted Cruz beat Donald Trump there: Wisconsinites are just so nice, they couldn't abide Trump's rough style. 

Does anyone remember the whole taking over the capitol thing? How they nearly recalled a sitting governor a few years ago? Remember the protesters fighting with cops, rounds of arrests in the rotunda, the drum circles and chanting? How about themidnight raids on citizens for supporting the "Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill"? 

Wisconsin is a lot of things, but "nice" is not one of them. "Soviet" is more like it. It was always a bad state for Trump because there are virtually no immigrants in Wisconsin, and peevish Wisconsinites refused to believe the rest of the country about the cultural mores we're bringing in. (Like slavery! NBC, San Diego, April 9, 2016: "Feds Rescue Trafficking Victim Locked in San Diego Home.") 

Another misconception sweeping the nation is that when state Republican parties disregard the voters and give all their delegates to Cruz, they are merely following THE RULES, and Trump is an idiot for not knowing THE RULES. 

That's what the Colorado GOP did, what the Tennessee and Louisiana parties are trying to do -- and what many other states may do, all under the careful tutelage of Tracy Flick Cruz.

I keep asking someone to send me a copy of THE RULES that direct state parties to ignore the voters and pick their own slate of delegates, but no one can cite such a rule. So I read through "The Rules of the Republican Party" myself -- and guess what? There's no rule instructing state parties to ignore the voters! 

To the contrary, the rules were recently rewritten so that delegate selection would "reflect the results of statewide presidential preference elections," according to a statement by Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus. (The nerds will tell us, that's "legislative history," not THE RULES.) 

Apparently, what people mean by THE RULES is that there is no RNC rule specifically prohibiting a state party from giving all the delegates to a single nominee, even if that is demonstrably at odds with the will of the voters. 

The state parties are given a lot of discretion, so Cruz harasses and cajoles the local party until it awards all the state's delegates to him. Trump keeps winning elections, and Cruz keeps winning sneaky procedural victories. 

Until Cruz won a primary in mean-as-a-snake Wisconsin, he hadn't won a single primary -- i.e., an "election" -- outside of his home state, a sister state and a state where Trump didn't campaign. In fact, until cantankerous Wisconsin, the only primary where Cruz managed to surpass 34 percent of the vote was his home state of Texas -- where he got 43.8 percent. 

(Contrary to lies you read in The New York Times, Trump has not complained about any of those races. And you know why? Because they were elections, not corrupt backroom maneuvering. Hey - does anyone know if the general election is won by influence-peddling with tiny groups of insiders or is it by winning elections?) 

It's as if Cruz and Trump are playing different sports: Trump keeps belting home runs, while Cruz is berating the umpire until he calls a balk, then prances to home base, telling everyone he hit a grand slam. 

True, there's no rule explicitly disallowing a state party from rigging the delegate selection. There's also no rule explicitly disallowing a state party from giving all its delegates to Kim Kardashian. 

By that logic, THE RULES also say that a majority of Supreme Court justices can discover a right to abortion, gay marriage or free unicorn rides in the Constitution. There's nothing stopping them, because, as a procedural matter, they get the last word. Those are THE RULES. (And THE RULES "have been known" for centuries!) 

But that's very different from saying, See, here it is in black and white: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 

There's no way to appeal a Supreme Court ruling, just as there's no way to prohibit a state party from doing whatever it wants. But I wouldn't go around boasting, "It's THE RULES!" No, you found a procedural loophole. 

A blog post attacking Trump-supporter Larry Lindsey claimed it was Lindsey's own damn fault that he wasn't allowed to participate in the Colorado convention last weekend. Remember, this comes from a post defending what the state GOP did: 

"Early on in the saga, Lindsey wrote, 'This year, I decided that as important as this election is to the future of our nation, that I needed to be involved in the Colorado Caucus. I attended the Douglas County Assembly, and then the County Caucus and was elected as a delegate.' 

"OK, hold up right there. Lindsey would have had to first attend a precinct caucus before a county assembly ..." 

AHA! We've got you, Larry! Please -- get a life. Exactly how many assemblies and caucuses was Larry required to attend? Do you need to read more to know what a weaselly nerd Cruz is? 

Cruz is Tracy Flick in "Election." He believes he deserves to win, God chose him to win -- and if he starts to lose, well, then he'll cheat. Victory goes to the pushy. 

Dear Lord Jesus, I do not often speak with you and ask for things, but now,I really must insist that you help me win the election tomorrow because I deserve it and Donald Trump doesn't, as you well know. 

Imagine what nightmare a Cruz presidency would be! This is now the second time Cruz has forced me to research something his supporters were lying about -- the last time was on Cruz's alleged eligibility to be president, despite being born in Canada. (He's not a "natural born citizen," but I enjoyed reading all those Supreme Court opinions!) 

Instead of fun stuff like building a wall, bringing manufacturing home and getting tired of winning so much, we'll have to keep reading through centuries of British common law and RNC rulebooks until, out of exhaustion, we give in, and let Cruz run forstudent council president. 

Gotta love Ann... unless you don't.

Michael

Fox made an interesting observation. We saw real New York values during the Democratic debate. Hillary is being pushed so far to the left she may actually have a campaign issue with middle America. I hope. She wanted to be SO irrevocably advanced as the candidate by now so she could swivel to the center. But that old fart Bernie (Larry David) Sanders . . . . there he goes again gaining on her in NY.  

How many delegates will it take before Clinton . . . oops, I mean Trump supporters say he should get the nomination even though he doesn’t have the required number of delegates to be nominated? 1000? 1100? Will we hear whining, outrage, or acceptance if he can’t get the needed support? So, what if he loses? Will Trump supporters see that he lost fair and square and then support Constitutionalist Ted Cruz? Will Trump put his 50 foot pocket hose back in after watering down the winner? He could lose this election for any Republican. I wonder if HIS rancor will last until after the election of Bernie or Old Hickory? I just don't see Ted Cruz acting in a vindictive manner.

Ben Carson is on Fox saying change the electoral college rules should change and he is saying he wants a people centered government not a government hack focused Fed. We all have a right to be suspicious. 

Peter

Mark Davis, Posted: Apr 22, 2016 12:01 AM: Most “Never Trump” tantrums will subside if he is the standard bearer. Maybe not among elites and pundits who may not recover from the vapors, but real voters will stare down the barrel of a Hillary presidency come October and get clarity in a hurry . . . . Once his own party wises up and realizes this, his negatives will drop. They will drop further when they see him do something a Republican nominee has not done in a long while— go after a Democrat opponent with some energy and spine.

. . . . Ted Cruz would as well, which is a good place to start the case for his electability. Hillary Clinton will dread debate nights with either man . . . . My bet is she will agree to precisely one debate up against the hammer of Trump or the scalpel of Cruz. Most Americans have consumed Cruz in sharp doses— a sound bite of a contentious Senate speech, a brief segment on a cable channel— likely on the occasion of a lonely struggle against the Obama administration or a Republican party unwilling to thwart it. Given the time to offer up a positive vision for post-Obama America, Cruz will reveal the talents I have seen him deploy on numerous occasions— the gift of an inspiring and uplifting message that will explain better than most rivals why conservatism is good for rich and poor, young and old, men and women, Americans of all races. He will speak of opportunity and jobs and the rule of law and getting control of insane Washington spending. And millions will eat it up. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Mark Davis, Posted: Apr 22, 2016 12:01 AM: Most “Never Trump” tantrums will subside if he is the standard bearer. Maybe not among elites and pundits who may not recover from the vapors, but real voters will stare down the barrel of a Hillary presidency come October and get clarity in a hurry . . . . Once his own party wises up and realizes this, his negatives will drop. They will drop further when they see him do something a Republican nominee has not done in a long while— go after a Democrat opponent with some energy and spine.

. . . . Ted Cruz would as well, which is a good place to start the case for his electability. Hillary Clinton will dread debate nights with either man . . . . My bet is she will agree to precisely one debate up against the hammer of Trump or the scalpel of Cruz. Most Americans have consumed Cruz in sharp doses— a sound bite of a contentious Senate speech, a brief segment on a cable channel— likely on the occasion of a lonely struggle against the Obama administration or a Republican party unwilling to thwart it. Given the time to offer up a positive vision for post-Obama America, Cruz will reveal the talents I have seen him deploy on numerous occasions— the gift of an inspiring and uplifting message that will explain better than most rivals why conservatism is good for rich and poor, young and old, men and women, Americans of all races. He will speak of opportunity and jobs and the rule of law and getting control of insane Washington spending. And millions will eat it up. 

Cruz. Just what we need.  A Sunni Christian in charge. It will soon be hazardous to teach Evolution in the public highschools.  

The Net abounds with Cruz’s father’s truly wacky views but not much about Ted can be found on evolution. Of course he sat in the church when his Dad was preaching just as Obama volunteered to sit in the church and listen to hateful, lying Black supremacist preachers.  I did find a site from months ago with the “published views” of 16 Republican candidates and most of them side stepped the creationism issue. Kasich said science and creationism should be taught side by side. Most said some version of it’s none of your business or I respect the rights of believers. While you and I would readily say Science is verifiable and mystic proclamations are bullshit, politicians walk a tightrope. Even Rand Paul dissembled on the issue.  

Trump won’t say much on the subject. From the web: Trump describes himself as a Presbyterian. The Presbyterian church accepts the teaching of evolution. Their mission statement (a rare use of that phrase in its original sense) says: Neither Scripture, our Confession of Faith, nor our Catechisms, teach the Creation of man by the direct and immediate acts of God so as to exclude the possibility of evolution as a scientific theory.

From NPR radio, quoting and talking to Cruz: . . . . “Here’s the point. Climate change is the perfect pseudo scientific theory for a big government politician who wants more power. Why? Because it’s a theory that can never be disproven.”

Inskeep wondered if Cruz also question the science of evolution, but the Texas senator quickly deflected. “I’m concerned about the single mom waiting tables right now,” Cruz opined, “who for seven years of the Obama economy has been trapped in stagnation and her wages have been stagnating. It’s harder and harder to make ends meet, and what the Washington elites are trying to do is double her energy bill.”

When pressed about evolution, Cruz argued that “any good scientist questions all science. If you show me someone who stops questioning science, I’ll show you someone who isn’t a scientist.” According to the GOP hopeful, people who labeled him a climate change “denier” were the real science deniers.