Donald Trump

Cary will do zilch for the woman vote. Those who will be for her will just as soon vote for a man. Those against her will stay against her. The in-betweeners will default left for she'll scare them or they'll resent her on the gut level for her business career. That's as veep. As the top dog candidate she might wipe the floor with Hillary.

--Brant

For the first time I fear for The Donald.

He is on a public campaign to paint Ben Carson as pathological, without cure, because he tried to stab his mother as a child. He even compared Carson's "pathology" to the incurable pathology of a child molester.

Not good...

Not even I can condone that one, and I love Trump.

Michael

Hit her with a hammer. Or tried to. I think the knife was for someone else. You can't win by bashing your major opponent that way even if he deserves it. He and Carson are now locked in a death match and they could both lose. If Carson doesn't lose I think he's done regardless. Too many nutty ideas. Not assertive enough.

--Brant

Even the French President vowed to wage a war without pity...

My my even the French get it!

... Paris gives Trump a chance to replay his ace of spades.

Ann Coulter agrees and goes even further.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Michael

Horseshit.

Pardon my French.

--Brant

but it sure did save his campaign (Wolf is right, not Ann)

... but it sure did save his campaign (Wolf is right, not Ann)

Brant,

Nah...

That's the same old line that, "This time Trump has gone too far. Now he will tank. We are witnessing the beginning of the collapse of Trump."

It keeps being wrong and wrong and wrong, yet people keep repeating it.

Just look at the evidence.

I think Coulter is right--so long as Trump stays on message about illegal immigration, he is pre-forgiven for anything else. (Rush Limbaugh thinks this, too. And, so far, reality is bearing it out.)

However, I still believe there is the producer angle. People know Trump gets stuff done right because of all the stuff he did right.

Michael

The Donald surges to 42% of likely Republican voters...

Rubio and Bush tank...

Carson holds.

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-surges-among-likely-republican-primary-voters-reuters-213521679.html

Michael wrote: I think Coulter is right--so long as Trump stays on message about illegal immigration, he is pre-forgiven for anything else. (Rush Limbaugh thinks this, too. And, so far, reality is bearing it out.)
end quote

Brant answered: The more you are right the greater the likely disaster. President Trump will be a complete wild card respecting the well being of this country's citizens.
end quote

I am not sure I follow Brant’s reasoning. The more you are right the better you can foresee a disaster. Are you talking about complacency among more rational people or am I misunderstanding your context?

I don’t think Trump would be complacent or a wild card. Well, to a rational degree I do want him to be a wild card. Shake, shake, shake. He would close the borders, and root out terrorists. He will induce self deportation because American business people will not be able to hire undocumented aliens, unless they are willing to go to jail, and that will stop the main economic reason illegals come here. And at the same time he will send felons back forcibly, then decent, ordinary illegal aliens, then aliens with kids who were born here, etc. It will be a years long process and it will be orderly and as humane as possible. When we are attacked by ISIS the process will speed up. I do think Trump will stop all Muslim immigration to America, as will much of Europe, and he will sever ties to countries that produce or harbor terrorists. For example countries like Pakistan will not be doing business with America or her allies until they clean up their house. They won’t be able to trade with us or to use our world wide financial systems to move money around. No foreign aid. They will be placed on a black list, but I would still allow American internet and TV programs to be used in terrorist harboring countries like Iran.

I have been to Home Depot and Lowes around 6 or 7 in the morning and there is usually a crowd of Mexicans looking for contractors to hire them on the spot. Trump’s immigration police will be there too for morning arrests. Two years ago the local Walmart came under fire. They hired a legal, Mexican American contractor to hire people to clean the store at night, which Walmart thought would insulate them from prosecution. They said, “We didn’t hire illegals, the legal contractor hired illegals.” It didn't work. All of the people the legal Mexican contractor hired were illegal immigrants. They were caught and that practice stopped which sent a message to all local businesses.

Foreseen and unforeseen Terrorist acts will tilt the American voter’s Presidential selection, (I wish France well with their recently closed borders,) as will the economy and proposed solutions to Obamacare, between now and Super Tuesday, on March 1, 2016. After Iowa and New Hampshire I think the candidates polling less than 2 percent will drop out. I think states like California could actually swing Republican due to a Rubio or Cruz Presidency or Vice Presidency.

That Yahoo, Reuters poll showing Trump with 42 percent is falsified propaganda. Carson and Trump combined equal or exceed that percent. If you were to ask me is Trump going to win the nomination I might say, maybe but that does not mean you give him a favorable rating or that you will vote for him in a primary.

From RCP 11/14/15: Florida Republican Presidential Primary, Florida Times-Union: Trump 23 Carson 22 Rubio 18 Cruz 12 Bush 11 Fiorina 5 Kasich 3 Christie 3 Huckabee 1 Paul 1 Jindal 0 Santorum 0 Graham 0 Pataki 0

Georgia Republican Presidential Primary: Carson 26 Trump 24 Cruz 14 Rubio 9 Bush 8 Fiorina 6 Christie 4 Huckabee 2 Paul 1 Graham 1 Jindal 0 Santorum 0 Pataki 0.
Peter

I did not say "foresee a disaster."

--Brant

if you had actually quoted me off your level of understanding it would have had to look just like this:

"_________________________________________________."

I would not have been able to refute it

you are welcome to try again

Is this what you meant to say? In black jack, a wild card can be used to win. Therefor a wild card and ace called President Trump could be used to change the course of history. A wild card is good. A loose cannon is bad. Are their unknown dangers with Trump? Of course, but I don’t think it would be as bad as in the movie, Doctor Strangelove. I can imagine tensions that occurred during the Cuban Missile Crisis though, and the stockpiling of food and water like before a hurricane of snow storm.
hours long emergency news broadcasts and hysteria. Bzzzzzz. This is the emergency broadcasting system. This is not a test.

Peter

What does everyone think of life or career gambles, and games like black jack or roulette? Is Picard a gambler on StarTrek? Is the character British seagoing Jack Aubrey a gambler? Yes. What interesting parallels they have with the real Trump. When should you rationally gamble? Or is it even rational to gamble? Is Trump heroic?
Peter

That Yahoo, Reuters poll showing Trump with 42 percent is falsified propaganda. Carson and Trump combined equal or exceed that percent. If you were to ask me is Trump going to win the nomination I might say, maybe but that does not mean you give him a favorable rating or that you will vote for him in a primary.

The Romney voter has declared that this is "falsified propaganda."

Of course, he cannot clearly state why, just because seems sufficient.

The polls the Romney voter quotes are valid.

Amazing...

A...

Kinda like Achilles in the Iliad, the ultimate warrior.

swj_toon_milo_ben_garrison.jpg

Pearl-Clutchers!

The following is for non-Trump supporters.

I don't need to explain or plug my enthusiasm for Trump, so the picture below is not flag-waving.

I use the "identify correctly before judging" method of cognition as much as I can.

(As an aside, the more I study the brain, neuroscience, psychology, etc., the more this is turning out to be surprisingly more difficult than I originally thought when I came up with the "cognitive before normative" phrase.)

So what I am trying to do is show non-Trump supporters what Trump supporters see when one more horrible thing in the world happens (Russian plane blown out of the air, attack in Beirut, attack in Paris, etc.).

11.15.2015-11.50.png

Not only do Trump supporters see this (or the equivalent of it), an increasing number of others are seeing it and turning into Trump supporters, or at least, starting to consider him.

If you support someone else, you need to find visceral images like this for the one you support, and visceral stories, visceral slogans, visceral identification elements, visceral anything.

Ignore this at your peril.

I just did a hunt-and-peck round of the Sunday talk shows and the pundit intelligentsia is off in a bubble completely ignoring this cohesive glue. They are all treating the Paris massacre with hidden relief that things are now going to get "serious" with the Republican primaries. The only Republican candidates they talk about are Bush, Rubio and Christie.

They have no clue about this other visceral element (other than to scratch their heads when they notice it) and they are sinking like in quicksand, or like the people on the Titanic who tried to finish a chess match as the ship was going down.

There.

This is my advice to those who disagree with me. (And it's great advice, believe me. It works.)

Now back to my normal Trump-groupie mode.

:)

Michael