Donald Trump

48 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Watching CNN. The glum mood is delectable.

Matthews and Maddow are sniping at each other. Glorious.

Jon,

I was going all over the TV channels.

All those SOB's, including the Fox people, were sad.

This media is supposed to serve its customers and their customers just told the media folks what they liked.

If I were a media tycoon or celebrity, I would be happy. It's not often you get such a clear demonstration of what your target audience wants when you have been ignoring it.

If you give it to them, you have a more successful undertaking. Isn't that what capitalism is supposed to be about?

Since they are all sad, maybe they should reflect on the fact that they were no longer doing their job competently. That maybe they were thinking of themselves as part of the ruling class.

Michael

As of now, the NYT has Trump at 265 and called Pennsylvania for Trump. Other news outlets are refusing to do that until every last vote is in and are holding him to 254 or so.

Podesta came out and told his people to go home and go to sleep.

I think I'm going to do the same.

There would have to be an enormous fluke involving several states for Trump to lose at this point.

More in the morning.

Good night everyone on this beautiful Tuesday night (actually it's already Wednesday).

After tomorrow, maybe we can talk about Ayn Rand a little instead of Trump...

:)

Michael

The Google tally I've been watching just put Trump at 276 with Wisconsin in.

Dare I feel relieved?

I've thought that the witch would win, though not by much - and fervently hoped that she'd lose.

Along with everything else, what was in store for climate "denialists" if she did win wasn't pleasant to contemplate.

Ellen

Hoodah Thunk It????!!!!!!!!   You did Michael.   I was not optimistic at all.  But my  "spite vote"  plus your  better intended vote  has produced a result we both hoped and worked for.  A destruction of the political alignment that his led this country the the brink  of destruction.    Soon we shall see whether the public,  the Republic of the People  has t he wits  to halt and reverse our downward trajectory.

God save the Republic!   You know,  I think He did. 

5 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Who is Ayn Rand? :lol:

Ellen,

Well, I imagine it's going to be awkward depending on who talks about her.

It looks like the ARI folks voted for Clinton en masse.

Maybe they missed the memo that, politically, Ayn Rand did not stand for big government, Orren Boyle capitalism (pull) and collectivism.

Michael

I have one major wish.  I hope Trump rises to the level of judgement and wisdom that the office he won  demands.....

He and the Republicans have a lot of repealing to do next January.  I hope they do that and not indulge in petty vengeance. 

2 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I have one major wish.  I hope Trump rises to the level of judgement and wisdom that the office he won  demands.....

He and the Republicans have a lot of repealing to do next January.  I hope they do that and not indulge in petty vengeance. 

I just tried to find the list of 20 or so celebrities who said they would leave the country if Trump is elected, but I couldn’t. Anybody have that?

Hillary has still not spoken at 11:24 am Wednesday. Is she looking for plea deals or a pardon? You know she is drunk, drugged, or trying to enact some more corruption. Twist in the wind bitch.

I hope Trump makes a call to FBI head Comey telling him he has his back. Let justice be done.

Peter

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

I just tried to find the list of 20 or so celebrities who said they would leave the country if Trump is elected, but I couldn’t. Anybody have that?

Hillary has still not spoken at 11:24 am Wednesday. Is she looking for plea deals or a pardon? You know she is drunk, drugged, or trying to enact some more corruption. Twist in the wind bitch.

I hope Trump makes a call to FBI head Comey telling him he has his back. Let justice be done.

Peter

I am rather hoping more substantial work will be done  than petty vengeance and a hatchet job on Hillary.  She is politically kaput.  This will suffice for me.

I expect this blow to her inflated ego will produce ill health.  She will suffer the just consequences of her  distorted egoism and ill founded self esteem.  That should suffice. 

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

Peter

Peter,

The list is already in the Trump Humor thread here. But here it is again:

As to Hillary's speech, my radar is twitching.

Last night Trump thanked Hillary for her many years of public service. I just heard her say she offered to help Trump in any way she can.

I smell a deal has been brokered...

Michael

I'm putting this here for now, but I'm probably going to open a special thread for it.

WikiLeaks is not letting up. When they think something is evil...

Dayaamm!

Podesta No. 36:

The drip... drip... drip... keeps dripping...

Michael