Donald Trump

1 hour ago, Selene said:

Folks;

In terms of his medical plan, the reason that Trump modified, or, "evolved" on that issue is Gingrich's input.  Funny, when a marxist like O'bama "flip flops," he evolved.  When Trump does, he is a "con man," unprincipled and ___________[your agenda word of the day].

When are folks going to see Trump as the innovator that he is.

Additionally, he modifies his approach to reality as he absorbs new and valid information.

Does anyone want a close minded idealouge that jams a fluid real situation into a pre-set format?

Sounds like a great way to get people killed.

A...

Agreed.  Trump has expressed in words the Objectivist concept "all knowledge is contextual".  Trump was right in his context, he receives new information and adjusts accordingly with new integrations, conclusions, propositions, judgments, etc, etc.  The anti-Trumpeters see a circumstantial ad-hominem, I see a man who understands that all knowledge is contextual.

Now there is a question about Trump, does he have a solid epistemological base to begin with?  Ru ru Rubio mentioned this in the last debate, that Trump might not have the "intellectual curiosity with the issues this nation is confonting."  But for me, it is difficult to tell if this isn't or is the case, or to what degree this might or might not be true.  Trump speaks in essentials, and many times Trump doesn't express his knowledge when attacked, the correct response.   As a businessman, it's clear he wouldn't have the same degree of context of a career politician, but that wouldn't negate him from acquiring it.  I'd place a bet (my vote) that a man that knows that all knowledge is contextual and its implications (and other factors I'm not listng here) has a good method of logic for acquiring knowledge, and acquiring it fast.

Go Trump

Adam wrote: Trump has a different dictionary/semantic than the "polito-speak" that is confined by "plans," regulations and other government generated speech. end quote

I’ve noticed but sometimes I think his supporters SPIN what they hear too. Stop doing that.

Peter

Today, from Reuters in Puddintain, North Korea: It has been reported that Fearless Leader Kim Jun-Un, for his own amusement, has hacked the personal account of The Sealy Posturepedic Company. When he went to the account of Donald Trump he was surprised to see that Mr. Trump buys a new mattress every three months. Fearless leader is reported as saying to our reporter, “The American, running dog, Presidential contender has complained that he should get a discount every single time! Liar!”

“Just because I have a young, beautiful wife does not mean you should not uphold your five year guarantee, with me,” Mr. Trump is reported as writing.

end quote

John:

Well phrased. 

Folks should pay careful attention to how he will pause a few seconds and measure his answer.

No auto answers like Ricardo Rubio.

A...

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Adam wrote: Trump has a different dictionary/semantic than the "polito-speak" that is confined by "plans," regulations and other government generated speech. end quote

I’ve noticed but sometimes I think his supporters SPIN what they hear too. Stop doing that.

Peter

Peter:

At least I don't write checks to their spin.

A...

How ungenerous, you cheapskate. Humph! Joisey. I mentioned it before but I had to got to Trump's do you support me site to be able to write him a letter. Now when I get email from him he thanks me for supporting him like I gave him money. I didn't. Cruz yes. Rand Paul yes.

Peter

From UPI today: It was reported today that Melania Trump's real name is not Melania, but Ayn. So we will need to call our new first lady, Ayn Trump. She is reported to be a big fan of Ayn Rand and is glad her parents named her Ayn so she is dropping her nickname. 

C-Span is covering a live Trump rally in Orlando, Florida.

The marxist left is now staging their protesters to interrupt the entire rally.

There was one actual skirmish in the aisle to Trump's right. 

Trump walked towards it.

Also, after the 10-12 were forcibly pushed and pulled up and out.

He masterfully regained control of his audience and addressed the issue of race.

He did not dodge the issue, spoke to the issue and how divided we are as a nation. 

Worse now than ever. 

Interesting man.

A...

There is a security situation at thee rally.  A few sheriffs have quietly been moving into position behind the podium and are talking on their mics and one is looking under the stage.

Adam reported: There was one actual skirmish in the aisle to Trump's right. Trump walked towards it.

end quote

Unfortunately with her accent when Melania says her real name, Ayn Trump, it comes out sounding like “I’m drunk.” Of course every man within earshot keeps asking her if she wants them to drive her home, much to The Donald’s anger. That is why he walked towards them. To punch them in the nose.

Seriously, I would advise him to not walk towards the disturbance. As Michael suggested, he is too valuable and vulnerable to risk his life on a bunch of rowdies. Let the Secret Service and the crowd handle them. 

Whoa, guys and gal. I see Kansas is 20 percent in and Cruz is beating Trump. I hope Trump's people are cautious about bomb threats, etc. but they can also be a ploy to clear a place out without any real threat. Somebody is calling school districts on the east coast in the last few weeks and is saying there is a bomb. I think it is some malicious kid or hacker making false threats to clear the schools out. But the FBI which was called in can't find out where the calls are coming from. 

Kansas was always going to be close.

I had Trump by only 6. 

Guess that answers where the Carson votes are going to.

A...

Cruz won Kansas and he should have.

Good job by his folks.

I do not think Ricardo gets any delegates because he is under 20%.

So, what is the message to Romney?

Get out of the way.

74% of the narrowest Republican base in middle America...the land of Ike - the bedrock of the party wants you folks the fuck out of their way...there is your real revolution.

I still think a Trump Rafael ticket is unbeatable and the sooner they sit down and make a deal for this country the better.

A...

Adam wrote from his bunker in New Jersey: I still think a Trump Rafael ticket is unbeatable and the sooner they sit down and make a deal for this country the better.

end quote

Well, Cruz could be Rafael too. edit. who's Ricardo? Wait. An open mike picked up a conversation from another guy in Jersey. The transcript:

Please, please, please Mr. Trump. Let me be our Veep.

I dunno Chris. You don‘t seem like a guy who will do as he’s told. You’ve got a temper. Why would I pick you?

I can do as I’m told. I can bring you New Jersey.

I ain’t so sure about that. Tell you what Guv’ner. You fly on my jet for a week, you bring me my sparkling water, and at rallies stand behind me like Lurch The Butler.  

Absolutely President Trump. So . . ., does that mean I am in the running for the job?

No.

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

Adam wrote from his bunker in New Jersey: I still think a Trump Rafael ticket is unbeatable and the sooner they sit down and make a deal for this country the better.

Peter, are you not aware that his name is Rafael "Ted" Cruz?
And, according to Wolf Blitzed, on CNN, ten percent (10%) is the threshold for delegates in Kansas's rules.

So, Kasich is on the cusp of being shut out.

A...

Jeez Michael. Cruz has been declared the winner in KC and he is winning in Maine with only a few percent in. Now Trump is going to be really mad at the voters in Kansas. At his rally in Floridansas he just said he can give Hillary a run for her money in New York. Get it? He isn’t bragging that he will win. It’s hard to feel any sympathy for him if he loses any more states.

The heck with Kasich, Adam. I’m on Cruz Control. So Ted is Rafael?     

1 minute ago, Peter said:

The heck with Kasich, Adam. I’m on Cruz Control. So Ted is Rafael?     

Yes, Peter, and I have a lot, as in hundreds of Cubans that I have known since Castro took over. 

None of them are happy about the fact that he does not carry his given name.  Also, it is his father's name, I believe.

I, as as person of Northern Italian heritage, was infuriated when I was told that one of my very close relatives changed his surname to a nice WASP name to duck being discriminated against in both the military and police departments. 

So, this is a central issue to me.

A...

37 minutes ago, Peter said:

Jeez Michael. Cruz has been declared the winner in KC and he is winning in Maine with only a few percent in.

Peter,

You might find this comment of mine strange, but if Trump somehow loses the candidacy (which I don't believe), I am very happy with the prospect of a Cruz administration, especially against a Clinton administration.

I love Marc who loves Rubio, but Rubio's cozy relationship with establishment hacks gives me the willies.

And there's something off about Kasich that I can't quite put my finger on. I think it's a gut reaction of distrust. Anyone who openly surfs on the wave of altruism and the glories of littleness sets my warning bells off.

Michael

Kansas is Rafael's last closed caucus where he has maximized his evangelical base as well as conservative base.

Kentucky and Louisiana have become more significant tonight.

Trump should take both, in which case he comes out as the winner in delegates and in closed primaries.

Tuesday becomes more important in terms of Michigan and Kasich's push.

Also has Mississippi where Trump should beat him convincingly.

Additionally, Tuesday brings Hawaii and Idaho.

Tomorrow, Sunday is Puerto Rico.

A...

In re podcasts ...

On 2/27/2016 at 9:41 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Of course I don't mind.

Knock yourself out.

I am sure I will enjoy it.

:)

Michael

This is a rough cut, but instructive and fun once it gets going in an interchange between Roger and me at 3:03. Otherwise a snooze. Fun to make and food for the next script. More harbour sounds, more call-in, less gnashing of your face, William. This kind of soothing podcast should probably have soothing images of peaceful water-side communities. Yachts, canoes, kayaks, Tigre Argentia and Palm Beach Florida; next time ...

Edited by william.scherk
Add explanation for the quote of MSK and the awful episode two Youtube rendering. Live and learn. Show your work, mistakes and all. Criticism makes for short work with many hands. Insert pabulum epigram here. Wonder why Brant doesn't add his PSes here.

Ted changed his name at the perspicacious age of 13. Sounds like an issue where other kids would poke fun at his expense. Not necessarily an idea born of unwillingness to reconcile his heritage. My brother changed his name to Axton (immediately elevated himself)) at about age 25 as a direct result of his father falling out of favor. Years later he forgot the reason why he changed it and said it was for professional reasons. He had reacquainted himself with his father as an adult. It seemed more like shame, knowing the participants.

My given name is Geoffrey. Every year in grade school role call mangled it as Gee off. My HS English teachers apparently obtained their degree never having heard of Chaucer. Never bothered me other than wonder about their difficulties. My name in Spanish is Cristobol. You can call me Ray, turkeyfoot. I am neither proud nor embarrassed of my heritage. I like simple, one syllable names if possible. I cringe at hearing my given name. Ive been referred to as Geoff or honey for so long I wouldnt respond well to hearing Geoffrey. I heard sir the other day and immediately turned and was embarrassed. ) 

The fall out from all of this is that Ted changed his name to appeal to white conservatives. Where is the due for the Spanish for whom Raphaels father was named by his father who was from the Canary Islands in Spain. ) 32 yrs of being referred to as Raph Ted. If he changed his name would it be a major cave, I dont know but for millenials boy, the appeal! May likely overwhelm the suffering Cuban sentiment.

This is of course done in jest. Dont mean a thing.

Edit: Cruz does well because he speaks English. )))))))))

37 minutes ago, Selene said:

Kansas is Rafael's last closed caucus where he has maximized his evangelical base as well as conservative base.

Kentucky and Louisiana have become more significant tonight.

Trump should take both, in which case he comes out as the winner in delegates and in closed primaries.

I am watching the returns from the good page at the Chicago Tribune: Results from primaries, caucuses in Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Nebraska

1 hour ago, Selene said:

Yes, Peter, and I have a lot, as in hundreds of Cubans that I have known since Castro took over. 

None of them are happy about the fact that he does not carry his given name.  Also, it is his father's name, I believe.

I, as as person of Northern Italian heritage, was infuriated when I was told that one of my very close relatives changed his surname to a nice WASP name to duck being discriminated against in both the military and police departments. 

So, this is a central issue to me.

It is a big so what to me, especially considering that Ted Cruz was raised in overwhelmingly English-maternal-language schools. He integrated in English North America very fluidly, from birth. It is a testament to the parent's stress on education that he retained his maternal language, and speaks it adequately. 

In your case, Adam, you use a screen name for OL. That is also a big so what to me. It is what comes out of you and me that I find important, not the label on our forehead or our ID. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Jeez Michael. Cruz has been declared the winner in KC and he is winning in Maine with only a few percent in.

It is a race with many heats. Our Fearless Leader understands not all heats will be won by Trump. What is solid is the fundament, the national average in the polls, and the magic number 33  at the ballot box. Observe:

original.jpg

Of course, tonight the delegate counts are the thing to add up and compare, not so much the percentages, except for wonkish boneworm Number People.

1 hour ago, Selene said:

Peter, are you not aware that his name is Rafael "Ted" Cruz?

Ibid.  Yawn.

1 hour ago, Selene said:

Cruz won Kansas and he should have.

Good job by his folks.

I do not think Ricardo gets any delegates because he is under 20%.

So, what is the message to Romney?

Get out of the way.

74% of the narrowest Republican base in middle America...the land of Ike - the bedrock of the party wants you folks the fuck out of their way...there is your real revolution.

I will plug in a grille of results later on when the totting and jugging is done.

2 hours ago, Selene said:

Kansas was always going to be close.

I had Trump by only 6. 

Shite. I am uninformed on all these states.   You probably win the round this time. 

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

Drat!

Kansas is pissing me off.

Cruz does well in caucus states because of his great ground game. One-on-one talking. 

Let's see how today's elections hold.

Michael

What are you looking for at the end of the night, Michael?  

4 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Now there is a question about Trump, does he have a solid epistemological base to begin with?  Ru ru Rubio mentioned this in the last debate, that Trump might not have the "intellectual curiosity with the issues this nation is confonting." 

The question as always is How do you know?  How does he know what he thinks he knows? How does he correct error  and misstatments. Is he nimble, astute, deep in his database of fact and relationships, updated on the metrics he pays attention to, briefed by his advisors on areas he may need more beefing up?  

I like your positive regard for your choice, and I see you hear some currents of criticism that may or may not be valid. We each can kind of give Mr Trump our own Reason Test. 

4 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

But for me, it is difficult to tell if this isn't or is the case, or to what degree this might or might not be true. 

Look at your man in the race with critical eyes. It can only help him steer through the wreckage of other people's failures better. Where he is weak, according to your estimation, don't write it off.   For example, you own policy interest (to the point of boneworm or not) can guide your own hard look at the fundaments of your faith in his policy/political "instincts."

4 hours ago, merjet said:

http://reason.com/blog/2016/02/23/donald-trump-incoherent-obamacare

Regarding the 7-point plan on Trump's own website, I suspect it was written by a staffer. I can only guess how much Trump himself supports it.

Getting briefed as President sounds like a never-ending ordeal. Your basic presidential day is spent on narrow topics,  concisely summarized, and yet backed by six silent people in the room ready for your questions. You got homework up the ass. You have to know your pwn vision and policy and its ramifications.  It makes you grey and old quicker than if you weren't president. 

When Mr Trump winds down at the end of a busy campaign day these days, after making wild love to Melania, the final books for his attention, is he on Twitter? Is he in the chair with a big fat book of learning in his lap?

3 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

It is a big so what to me, especially considering that Ted Cruz was raised in overwhelmingly English-maternal-language schools. He integrated in English North America very fluidly, from birth. It is a testament to the parent's stress on education that he retained his maternal language, and speaks it adequately.

You know what I really like about you William?

It is how sensitive that you are with a person who shares his/her feelings with you...

Posted Image

A...

57 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

What are you looking for at the end of the night, Michael?

William,

Why I want Trump to lose! I want to see him degraded, whipped, humiliated, drug through the streets by chains, stomped to death, buried and the grave bombed.

Now that we've gotten the fantasies and nudged subtexts out of the way, I want Trump to win everything he can, of course. Looks like Kentucky is coming along. Another state or two would be great.

Michael

Cruz took Maine

45%                    12

T - 32%                9

Kasich - 12%       2  delegates

Ricardo - 8%  ZERO delegates

Pretty much a draw for Trump

And Ricardo is looking like he is experiencing a "shrinkage" problem...clearly suffering from electoral dysfunction ED which is quite painful when you have sold your soul to the Country Club ole boys network in the Republican Party.

A...