Firearms

12 hours ago, Backlighting said:

Looks like the anti-gun Google will be pulling all gun related videos from Youtube. There goes all the videos on firearm reviews & maintenance. Terrible.  --J

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/06/breaking-youtube-gun-channels-danger-disappearing-forever/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-04-08&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

The owners of the medium  (a private entity)  are within their rights  to not show any ads they choose not to show.  That is how it is with private media.

If I own an auditorium, built without tax revenue in any amount,  I am free to deny its use to any party I wish to deny. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On April 9, 2017 at 6:11 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

The owners of the medium  (a private entity)  are within their rights  to not show any ads they choose not to show.  That is how it is with private media.

If I own an auditorium, built without tax revenue in any amount,  I am free to deny its use to any party I wish to deny. 

Agreed. 

Now here's a nice close quarters, highly portable...only 26" overall length...with a 14" barrel, 12 ga. shotgun (6 shot). It was recently introduced by Mossberg. Could be a good choice for in-home, in one's vehicle or camping firearm. 

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/

Joe,

YouTube is not prohibiting the videos. It is simply not allowing ads from Google's ad program to be shown on gun videos (ones that are flagged by viewers as gun videos). That's the only thing monetization means in this context. And, like it or not, this restriction has been in Google's terms of service since the beginning. 

Now, what about Google's ad program? I suppose it's better than nothing for the lazy, but jeez. People really need how to learn how to create a funnel if they want to make money with YouTube videos.

Here's how to do it.

1. Within each video and within the description underneath the video on YouTube, include a link to a blog or other site owned by the video maker.

2. Then advertise whatever the hell the video maker wants on his or her private blog.

Done.

But...  but... but... Will people go? Hell, ask a question in the video (or description) the viewer will be curious about ("Which gun is better for close emergencies, xxx or yyy?," or "How often does the gun in the video need maintenance as opposed to similar guns?" etc.) and say something like, "We discuss this further on our site and you might be surprised at the results. Don't be a stranger. Go to xxxxxxxxx now." 

Done.

The truth is Google's ad program pays shit. I know. I'm lazy so I put it on OL and you would be surprised at how little it pays. I'm not allowed to say so what's a good analogy for how little? Oh yeah, I already said it. Shit. :) 

Believe it or not, making people learn other forms of monetization by cancelling their free peanuts is no real loss. It's a gain. There are so many affiliate and CPA (cost per action) programs out there, the people who are bitching about YouTube's monetization policy and claiming a Patreon charity project is their only option are losing a ton of money with each statement they make instead of building a funnel, sorting through affiliate programs and ad offers, making a product and selling it on their site, etc.

What a waste of time just bitching over nothing.

I'm not a Google fan re many of their leftie leanings and political monkeyshines, but think about it.

YouTube is giving video makers a publishing platform for free, access to an enormous audience--literally hundreds of millions of people who can find their videos through onsite keyword searches and other automatic algorithms that help users find similar content (including theirs), and even a way for video makers to interact directly with their audience through comments. And the video makers are free to suggest to the audience to go to other sites.

What do people want, a friggin' foot rub to go with this? :) These folks get enormous value for free and what do they do? Say thank you? Hell no, They bitch because Google's automatic ad program won't pay them for the honor, too. And pay them peanuts at that...

Gimme a break...

Come on, people...

:)

Michael

Michael. I understand your plight with Youtube. I posted the article after briefly looking at it. As you say,  "I suppose it's better than nothing for the lazy, but jeez. People really need how to learn how to create a funnel if they want to make money with YouTube videos." In the interest of not being tracked when I do a internet search, I avoid Google altogether and use DuckDuckgo.com. No tracking.

-Joe

1 hour ago, Backlighting said:

... I avoid Google altogether and use DuckDuckgo.com. No tracking.

Joe,

You are a wise man.

You might try this one, too, by Alex Jones: Start Page.

It basically uses Google, but strips out everything from you, submits your query to Google anonymously, then feeds the results back to you. Google gets no data from you and Alex claims he does not collect the data either. The data stripping is done automatically.

As for search data helping to feed the big data monster...

Search data?
I ain't got no search data.
I don't need no search data. 
I don't have to show you any stinking search data!

(boom)

:)

Michael

Michael,

Nice to know about "Startgpage"....Thanks for that. As for being a "wise man" all I can say is I seek credible information and apply it to my daily living, as I'm certain you also do. Cheers. -J