One of the Things I Love About Sarah

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, anybody would be better than Obama, but . . .

See being so perfect and having sprung from the head of Zues can sit back and be this petty.

Shit happens, folks who talk a lot make errors.

Do you seriously believe that she does not know the difference.

A...

Post Script:

Although it is possible that you may have sprung from the other end of Zues...

This happened after this.

Yes, certain operations continued. However, the Lybian Leapard never continued to acquire nukes and his epansionism, e.g., occupying Chad ended forever.

He just was content to still be alive and able to live his Mahdi in the dessert persona.

Meaningless on the world stage after the Reagan attack.

He knew that his entire family was open to removal.

Sorry, the "Cold War" had lots of fire and lots of dedicated folks died waging it.

Now, it could be back with a different temperature, however, a more explosive and distracted world exists today.

A...

Gaddafi's production of mustard gas and attempts to build a nuke occurred after the U.S. attempt on his life. The normalization of relations of Libya and the West had little to do with U.S. military actions against him in 1986 and a lot to do with the fact that the U.S. "War of Terror" was targeting the very fundamentalists who were threatening his regime at home.

Gaddafi's production of mustard gas and attempts to build a nuke occurred after the U.S. attempt on his life. The normalization of relations of Libya and the West had little to do with U.S. military actions against him in 1986 and a lot to do with the fact that the U.S. "War of Terror" was targeting the very fundamentalists who were threatening his regime at home.

We completely disagree.

The pressure by Reagan and the folks he put in place in the Defense, Cia and Black Ops budget never let up and he knew.

My understanding is that it was a quid pro quo situation. He became a much better behaved psychotic and he helped us with intelligence.

A...

I can't quite imagine how stockpiling mustard gas, acquiring a military nuke and killing 259 people on an American airplane was helping "us." But I suppose if the CIA is involved anything is possible.

And of course, that is not what I said.

Stop the superfluous bullshit and stick to the point.

Mr. Libya obviously could not turtn into a public foot stool for America.

So stop the red herrings and stick to meat and potatos.

Selene wrote: "He became a much better behaved psychotic and he helped us with intelligence."

I'm challenging this statement. Before the Reagan-authorized bombing of Libya, Gaddafi had indeed supported terrorist operations, but nothing on the scale of the bombing of Pam Am 103. I do not consider the murder of over 200 civilians the action of a well-behaved person, psychotic or otherwise.

If Gaddafi was in fact a footstool for the U.S., albeit a private one, what good did it do the American people to have one of their jetliners fall out of the sky? What good did it do the people of France to suffer a similar tragedy in 1989, three years after Reagan's action?

If Gaddafi was in fact a hidden U.S. asset, it didn't work out for the American people any better than it did in this case.

If Gaddafi was in fact a hidden U.S. asset, it didn't work out for the American people any better than it did in this case.

You seem to labor under the misconception that these types of decisions do not have a high failure rate.

I am sure you are familiar with Operation Paperclip that ran in 1944-45.

We got some wonderful folks working for us, like Otto Ambros who developed Saran gas and, I believe, synthetic rubber for the little German psycho.

A...

At this point, anybody would be better than Obama, but . . .

Pssst... you're tipping your cards, Frank. Everyone can see them. :wink:

Sarah Palin accurately predicted that Russia would be emboldened enough to invade the Ukraine because of Obama's weak foreign policy.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Palin's appearance on Dennis Prager's radio show:

Why is it whenever I think about Sarah Palin I also think about a roll in the hay?

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 2 weeks later...
During her appearance on "Extra" to promote her new TV Show "Amazing America," former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) was asked by host Mario Lopez "What are your thoughts on Hillary Clinton?"

Palin responded, "I would like to see women run for the higher office. I think America certainly is ready for more female candidates at that upper echelon."

Follow Pam on Twitter @pamkeyNEN

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/03/24/Sarah-Palin-Encourages-Hillary-To-Run-in-2016

During her appearance on "Extra" to promote her new TV Show "Amazing America," former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) was asked by host Mario Lopez "What are your thoughts on Hillary Clinton?"

Palin responded, "I would like to see women run for the higher office. I think America certainly is ready for more female candidates at that upper echelon."

Follow Pam on Twitter @pamkeyNEN

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/03/24/Sarah-Palin-Encourages-Hillary-To-Run-in-2016

I'd love to to see Hillary run...

Hillary-Clinton-what-difference-does-it-

...just to watch her eat those words. :wink:

Greg

This speaks for itself:

Liberals fall for fake story claiming Sarah Palin said Flight 370 flew to heaven
Joe Newby
Examiner
March 25, 2014

From the article:

The Daily Currant, an online publication that clearly calls itself an "online satirical newspaper," published a fake story that said Sarah Palin claimed Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 "may have vanished because it mistakenly flew too high and ended up in heaven." Predictably, a number of Palin-hating liberals were apparently unable to discern fact from fantasy and attacked the former governor over something that never happened, Twitchy reported Monday.

"Sarah Palin believes flight 370 flew directly to heaven... how is she a senator?" one person asked, obviously unaware that Palin is currently not a senator.

"I have to nominate Sarah Palin as one of the most delusional people of all time. To state that flight 370 flew to heaven? She needs meds," another person added.

"BREAKING NEWS: Sarah Palin has credible theory on missing plane: it flew too high and got stuck in Heaven. No joke," tweeted "James Hallwood."

Except for one problem -- the Daily Currant article was a joke, as are all of the articles at the site.

This kind of crap goes on every day, but still, it's fun sometimes to look and laugh.

It's interesting to see the core story running on its own and pumping out this stuff.

What I mean is Richard Dawkins has a theory of meme that is very similar to core story, or to be more exact, a core story is a kind of meme. And he believes a meme has a life of its own, using humans as its host. (There's a little controversy about his ambiguity on this point, but I think he leans in this direction.)

I believe this approach is nonsense, but when I read about Sarah-haters getting tripped up over and over up by taking satire as fact when the item fits a bigoted stereotype of her, it does seem like their core story is running them and not the contrary.

Michael

This speaks for itself:

Liberals fall for fake story claiming Sarah Palin said Flight 370 flew to heaven

Joe Newby

Examiner

March 25, 2014

From the article:

The Daily Currant, an online publication that clearly calls itself an "online satirical newspaper," published a fake story that said Sarah Palin claimed Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 "may have vanished because it mistakenly flew too high and ended up in heaven." Predictably, a number of Palin-hating liberals were apparently unable to discern fact from fantasy and attacked the former governor over something that never happened, Twitchy reported Monday.

"Sarah Palin believes flight 370 flew directly to heaven... how is she a senator?" one person asked, obviously unaware that Palin is currently not a senator.

"I have to nominate Sarah Palin as one of the most delusional people of all time. To state that flight 370 flew to heaven? She needs meds," another person added.

"BREAKING NEWS: Sarah Palin has credible theory on missing plane: it flew too high and got stuck in Heaven. No joke," tweeted "James Hallwood."

Except for one problem -- the Daily Currant article was a joke, as are all of the articles at the site.

This kind of crap goes on every day, but still, it's fun sometimes to look and laugh.

It's interesting to see the core story running on its own and pumping out this stuff.

What I mean is Richard Dawkins has a theory of meme that is very similar to core story, or to be more exact, a core story is a kind of meme. And he believes a meme has a life of its own, using humans as its host. (There's a little controversy about his ambiguity on this point, but I think he leans in this direction.)

I believe this approach is nonsense, but when I read about Sarah-haters getting tripped up over and over up by taking satire as fact when the item fits a bigoted stereotype of her, it does seem like their core story is running them and not the contrary.

Michael

Memes are for real. They are not biological entities, but functional invariances in the operation of people's brains.

So far the only species (we know of) that generates and propagates memes is Homo Sapien. There are no Neanderthals left so we don't know if they were a meme generating species.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson , a fictional romp through a memetic landscape, fun read(it's becoming my meme on this theme)

He is a wild one, isn't he????

I don't know who's in charge of Sarah's image, but I am sooooooooooo happy she is finally getting this right.

You don't fight this stuff on the surface, like she used to do. You fight it on the level of subtexts. And man does she have a handle on it all of a sudden.

One of the subtexts is Sarah would stand up to a bully for real whereas Obama is a wimp. And, like Clinton with a sax, she's playing a pop tune on an instrument. She comes off cool and badass at the same time. And charismatic.

There's a lot more in this video--including wtf happened at NBC to allow this. They are supposed to lean left and Jimmy was supposed to be Barry's man. But the suits might be seeing the writing on the wall with the change in power coming.

I dearly hope Sarah gets in the race.

Michael

I saw a chunk of the first episode of Amazing America.

Sarah's getting better, but this is not prime-time material yet, It's a damn gun show disguised as reality-show interviews.

:smile:

Seriously.

People talk a little, then show off their guns and they shoot.

Then they talk about shooting.

:smile:

That's OK to hammer in a foundation of an image, branding her as a take-no-shit-and-I-mean-it badass who can run the military (which totally flies in the face of the dingbat image the left branded her as), but there's some serious image work left to be done for any political run...

Michael

I imagine deviating from the story would be rather...painful for the Sarah-haters. I mean, look at how invested they are in their beliefs. They've likely spent a good portion of their time, effort, and energies mocking her. They can't turn back. Sunk costs and all. They also derive benefits from their story. Entertainment and a sense of superiority. Both are had when they take the satire as truth.

In consideration of these benefits, why would the Sarah-haters ever change their beliefs?

Most people are fine not knowing the truth. To know the truth would be too costly.

On a side note, this whole idea of a core story interests me. And I can't say why.

Kyle,

They did that to Reagan way back when.

The trick is to get the story into the mainstream where no opinions are hardened (like Reagan did). Notice the Reagan haters never stopped hating.

If you can do that, then there's a tipping point where the people on the side that propagated the first version start being seen as discredited by the middle people and even as fanatical kooks.

I believe this will happen with Sarah, whether she runs or not.

Michael