One of the Things I Love About Sarah

Finally the story came out about the rift between Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin.

Exclusive: The Real Reason For Sarah Palin’s Falling Out With Glenn Beck
by Tony Lee
Breitbart
Sep 2015

From the article--my quote starts after the assassination attempt on Gabby Giffords in 2011 had been mentioned:

... Breitbart News has exclusively learned from a source close to the Palins that the rift started when Beck, in order to gain publicity for himself, read on his radio show a private email Palin sent him without asking the former Alaska governor for her permission while the mainstream media and the institutional left were trying to blame the assassination attempt on Palin.

“The rift between Gov. Palin and Beck goes back to when Beck violated her trust by reading one of her private emails on the air without asking her permission,” the source tells Breitbart News. “It was right after the Gabby Giffords shooting, and Beck garnered a lot of publicity off of reading the email because up to that point Gov. Palin had not spoken publicly about the shooting.”

The rift apparently got worse when Beck allowed one of his Blaze TV employees, Brian Sack, to trash Palin’s family and special needs son Trig in a crude segment with Beck lavishing praise on Sack as “the next Jon Stewart.”

. . .

The source close to the Palins told Breitbart News, “For Beck to suggest that the Palins had a falling out with him out of the blue after the Giffords shooting is a total distortion of the truth.”

“The crux of the issue was his indiscretion in reading a private email on air. It was a betrayal of trust. She didn’t give consent to having it read publicly and never would have. There was a media firestorm brewing around her at the time. Everyone in the media was hounding her for a statement, but she was very clear that she wanted to wait, get all the facts, and give her full statement at a time and place of her own choosing. What Beck did totally disregarded her wishes,” the source added. “He’s shown that he has little regard for the feelings of anyone unless they’re useful to his ambitions or point of view.”

. . .

Another source close to the Palins told Breitbart News, “The Palins have never publicly said anything bad about Beck and would’ve never made their falling out with him public. Beck chose to make it public by his unprovoked and frankly bizarre attack against the Governor.”

Beck, who has thrown tantrums because Donald Trump has not appeared on his radio show, implied that he snapped when he saw Palin interview Trump while she was guest-hosting a news program on the OANN channel. Though Palin has not endorsed a candidate in the 2016 election cycle, Beck wrote that he was “stunned” when he “saw her interview Donald Trump on her TV show” because “she agreed with him and backs him.”

To be fair, there has been bad blood between Glenn and the Breitbart people for a long time (ever since the Acorn exposé). So I selectively included comments from Lee's unnamed sources and left his snark and spin out. I couldn't avoid some of it, though.

It might look like Glenn was envious of Sarah's interview of Trump, but knowing him, I doubt that was the real reason. Glenn sees Trump as a progressive and has kept up a nonstop campaign against him as a wolf in sheep's clothing ever since Trump's ratings started rising. It tears him apart inside that other famous small government constitutional conservatives like Sarah, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and so on do not see Trump in that light. This means they do not see Glenn as the prophet he seems to imagine himself to be. That stings. (I do not blame him for this vision of himself nor mock him for it. I believe he is sincerely on a mission he believes in heart and soul and I understand how he went too far into his own story. He needs to back up a bit.)

But, in the article, there was a link to the comedy episode by Brian Sack and it was pretty awful. If I were Sarah, I would have been offended. Note: I love banter and tasteless jokes (when done benevolently) and I still would have been offended. Anyone who has a special needs kid would not find this funny. What's worse, it just wasn't funny in comedy terms. It would have been more appropriate for Bill Maher on a bad day. And I think even he would have balked at airing it had this skit been his.

See for yourself.

At least there are now two sides to the story. I still love them both, but Glenn's side doesn't look so good...

Michael

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan,

Tell me about it.

I've stopped listening to him for the time being. I hope he gets out of the prophet mindset, but maybe he's gone too far down the rabbit hole.

I finally started reading the Bible for real to see what's in it. I'm in the middle of Deuteronomy so far. (Leviticus was a real slog. :smile: ) The reason I mention this is I finally see the Moses story as the way many religious Americans have seen it since the beginning.

The Mormon church is actually predicated on America being the new promised land instead of Canaan (now called Israel). And on American settlers having received the mantle from the Jews as God's chosen people.

Glenn believes he is like Moses and followers during the time in the wilderness. In the story, Moses's followers would see some impressive things (like the Red Sea parting or a cloud of smoke covering a tabernacle that spoke to some of them and so on). So they would swear allegiance to God and walk the line. After a while, nothing would get better and they would start complaining and cutting up. God would punish them (and often fix the problems they complained about). Then they would get back in line. And this cycle repeated several times.

Glenn believes the American people are cutting up too much and America is in for one of God's humongous punishments. To keep to the storyline, he has to be Moses. He has to keep exhorting people to get back in line as God's chosen people and make atonement for their sins. Thus when everybody else suffers the wrath of God, this small core of people will be standing and proving that God's current experiment is working, that man can govern himself.

I'm not so sure that will be an easy core story to snap out of. Being Moses can go to your head.

Michael

I'm not so sure that will be an easy core story to snap out of. Being Moses can go to your head.

Michael

Worked out for Lawrence of Arabia for a while...

To be fair, there has been bad blood between Glenn and the Breitbart people for a long time (ever since the Acorn exposé).

This is a Sarah thread, but since the following is pertinent to a post above, I will include it here.

Breitbart came out with this earlier today: Glenn Beck: Tea Partiers Who Support Donald Trump Are Racist

I read it and was 100% certain it was a distortion.

Glenn just responded with this: Glenn to Breitbart: ‘Let’s use this moment for something good’

He wants to do the meekness thing of apologize and own up even if he feels he did nothing wrong, listen and forgive.

In this case, I think this is a good tactic. Breitbart is going way over the top into MSNBC land and just making stuff up. The meekness approach makes them look like jerks if they keep it up.

Besides, I would love to see these bad vibes healed.

Michael

Let me correct something above.

Glenn actually did put his foot in his mouth once again. Breitbart was correct. (Still, the Breitbart people don't like him by default, so they are prone to spin.)

It's un-friggin' believable that Glenn is playing the racist card just like any garden variety Social Justice Warrior.

According to Glenn's criteria, I would qualify as a racist. Never mind I used to be in love with a black woman and we lived together for about a year...

Michael

• 2 weeks later...