TO WHOM IT MAY (OR MAY NOT) CONCERN

I'm sure there was a joke in there somewhere. Perhaps if the last few posters used the quote function so I could find the snippet in question????

(No obvious use a magnifying glass jokes, please.)

Edited by Philip Coates

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say something, then I decided I'd better not.

Shayne

I second Shayne's decision not to say what he was thinking about saying. Frankly, I'm shocked to learn that he was even thinking about saying such a thing.

Dismayedly,

JR

In case Shayne was thinking the same what I was thinking, I 'third' it.

Blushing in embarrassment about myself even thinking about saying such a thing,

Xray

Edited by Xray

I was going to say something, then I decided I'd better not.

Shayne

I second Shayne's decision not to say what he was thinking about saying. Frankly, I'm shocked to learn that he was even thinking about saying such a thing.

Dismayedly,

JR

In case Shayne was thinking the same what I was thinking, I 'third' it.

Blushing in embarrassment about myself even thinking about saying such a thing,

Xray

I'm blushing in embarrassment that something no one can prove I was thinking caused you to think of something that no one can prove you were thinking that made you blush. ;)

I blame this dismaying state of affairs all on Selene.

Shayne

Plus, who actually goes back to reread old posts?

Lots of people, with lots of threads. For instance, I just re-read a large number of posts about Rand and Beethoven a couple days ago, for material pertinent to a current ARCHN discussion. There are plenty of other subjects where there's much good material in old posts. If you ever noticed read figures, you might see that there are old threads on which the read count keeps increasing.

Ellen

Plus, who actually goes back to reread old posts?

Lots of people, with lots of threads. For instance, I just re-read a large number of posts about Rand and Beethoven a couple days ago, for material pertinent to a current ARCHN discussion. There are plenty of other subjects where there's much good material in old posts. If you ever noticed read figures, you might see that there are old threads on which the read count keeps increasing.

Ellen

Excellent point Ellen.

Since I just rejoined the "movement" by joining OL in 2007, I have spent some serious time looking back at threads that involve the Kelly situation and other Objectivist history that I had no awareness of having occurred.

Additionally, some of the well written and well researched areas of science and art have been really pleasant reading.

> If you ever noticed 'read' figures [Ellen]

I don't even know where those are on the site.

I'm blushing in embarrassment that something no one can prove I was thinking caused you to think of something that no one can prove you were thinking that made you blush. ;)

I blame this dismaying state of affairs all on Selene.

Shayne

To blame it on George would be also be an option too since it was he who created that "cliff" image. ;)

I'm quite impressed by the elaborate structure you used when you wrote: (bolding mine)

I'm blushing in embarrassment that something no one can prove I was thinking caused you to

think of something that no one can prove you were thinking that made you blush.

blushing - prove I was thinking - think - prove you were thinking - blush

Nicely done!

Now, why would we want [oops sorry about the alliteration Phil]

But Selene, there is no no reason at all for you to apologize! Quite the contrary - you ought to be proud: For in using alliteration you are using a 'time honored techniqe to to underscore and thereby advance your meaning' we have JR's own words on that. :)

Edited by Xray

> If you ever noticed 'read' figures [Ellen]

I don't even know where those are on the site.

On the "Active content" page, they're in the second column from the right. Likewise on the page that shows if you click the name of any of the Forums on the "Forums" page.

How do you access the site when you're looking for new posts?

(Is there some route of access -- MSK? anyone? -- which doesn't show read figures?)

Ellen