I've watched "Shadowgate" twice this morning.  Nothing new as far as the technology or the spying and data collection and use.  We've known for years this is is being done.  But interesting perspective on the players involved.  If what Millie's saying is true, it's a revelation.  An interesting final moment in our history and how the United States was brought down and done in.  

What you can do to protect yourself for now:  get rid of your dumbphone.  It is key to their success.  The first time I used a personal computer was in the mid-1990s.  My friend sat me down in his home and dialed up on his 56k modem and started showing me around.  I was a naive, "Libertarian" minded individual back then and had concerns about government encroachment on our privacy, our information, medical and other vital records, etc.  I was sitting there looking on for about an hour when it struck me full in the face, "This is how they're going to do it!  This is how they're going to get ALL of our information!  They won't have to steal it or court order it or do much at all really.  All they have to do is get everyone online, on one of these personal computers (dumbphones didn't exist then) and everyone will happily pop all their information into it and... et voila!  We have EVERYTHING!"  I was 100 % on the mark.  And here we are.

Soon no one will be able to survive or navigate the modern world without a dumbphone (or whatever the latest required technology will be), and a good social credit score online will be required to participate, but for the moment we still have some choices.  So, get rid of your dumbphone.  You can still choose whether or not you have one, and they are spying on literally everything you say and do--so get rid of your dumbphone... 

OK, so you're not going to get rid of your dumbphone.  I knew it.  So here's some of the next best thing...

Get a VPN if you don't have one.  Free VPN are garbage and do not work.  You are still being spied on.  Get a paid VPN.  I use NordVPN.  It's a great one, simple to use.  Use Airplane Mode when you are not using your dumbphone, while phones still have it.  I use a tablet and flip phone combination.  When my devices are not being used, Airplane Mode is turned on and the device is powered off.  I have no Internet connection in my home.  No Alexa.  When i get in the car to go somewhere, I turn on Airplane Mode and shut down the devices.  If I use Maps to go somewhere, I am certain my VPN is activated at all times.  For that matter, if I am using the device the VPN is activated at all times.

Stop storing your information online, on a cloud, etc.  Hard drives these days are the best they have ever been, they are huge, and they are cheap enough.  Buy your own storage devices and keep your information to yourself, keep it offline.

Iam barely scratching the surface on Internet security here, but it's all I have time for right now.  

9 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Michael, do you think that this is what analogous to Rand's conception of "sense of life", and why it's so hard to change? (You mentioned "The Comprachicos" already, and I'm also thinking of the "Mr. X" anecdote/story frame in THE ROMANTIC MANIFESTO, particularly...)

TG,

Sure, although it is only one component among several.

But, after the infancy stage I mentioned earlier, from what I know, imprinting in more developed brains has to happen with a strong emotional surge. And the wider and more intense the emotion is, the stronger the imprint. (Think religious conversion when it is sincere and the tears don't stop coming.)

For example, I know reading Atlas Shrugged imprinted my own brain. I read the whole thing in a day or two (I no longer remember if it was one day or two or maybe one-and-a-half--actually the correct is already here on OL somewhere). I was on my Christmas break from my first year in college. I checked it out of the library because my eye caught the "Ayn Rand" in the title on the bookshelf and I remember being playfully taunted by a girl I was sweet on in high school (but never got). Her name was Julie Felsecker and she played clarinet.

She was always telling me my thing was Aaaaaaaaaaannn Raaaaaaaaaannnd. :) She would even get her friends to say it that way. Imagine being a dorky high school kid trying to get the attention of a girl who wanted nothing to do with you and the object of your love is in the middle of, say, 5 or 6 other girls. You think they are all pretty, too. And then they look at you and say in unison, "Aaaaaaaaaaannn Raaaaaaaaaannnd." :) 

That happened to me several times. I never knew what that was and I was too embarrassed to ask. I had to keep up the appearance of being cool, you know. After I went to college I forgot about it until that day in the library. 

I don't know about you, but I have often gotten into intense situations--both great things and serious trouble--life-threatening trouble--chasing girls... :) 

But God, what a thick book. That looked like a ton of work to get through. I left it on a table in my room for a few days. But then I picked it up.

When I opened Atlas Shrugged, I couldn't stop reading, getting to the next page, and I didn't worry about missing anything. Most of it was a swirl of images and sounds to me, not words. Boom! Right from the first paragraph.

What a high! It was a blinding flash that lasted the entire day (or so). And I was pissed when it ended.

I haven't been the same since.

I wasn't just imprinted. I was friggin' branded.

:) 

Michael

• Like 1

At this point, I peeled off some posts that were nothing but bickering and threw them into the Garbage Pile (for those who were following, here).

Unfortunately, I was one of the participants.

This topic is too important for that. Sorry.

At least, if more bickering that derails the discussion happens in this tread, there is now a place where I can throw the posts.

Michael

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I wasn't just imprinted. I was friggin' branded.

Reminds me, superficially, of a lyric from Simon and Garfunkle:

I been Norman Mailered, Maxwell Taylored/
I been John O'Hara'd, McNamara'd/
I been Rolling Stoned and Beatled 'til I'm blind/
I been Ayn Randed, nearly branded/
Communist, 'cause I'm left-handed/
That's the hand I use, well, never mind/

-from "A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)"

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Reminds me, superficially, of a lyric from Simon and Garfunkle:

I been Norman Mailered, Maxwell Taylored/
I been John O'Hara'd, McNamara'd/
I been Rolling Stoned and Beatled 'til I'm blind/
I been Ayn Randed, nearly branded/
Communist, 'cause I'm left-handed/
That's the hand I use, well, never mind/

-from "A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)"

TG,

I haven't heard that song.

I'm going to look it up.

Cool.

Michael

• Like 1

Here's an update on Millie Weaver. From the best I can glean so far, Alex Jones severed commercial ties with her because the movie portrayed Roger Stone as one of the people involved back in the day. And Patrick Bergy talked shit about Alex after being interviewed by him.

Millie dared Alex to prove her facts wrong. She offered $10k if he could (from money she earned from Infowars, not from the GoFundMe money for her legal expenses). 

I don't know what happened after that, but I do know ShadowGate is still up at Banned Video, where it has crossed the 2.9 million views line.

I'll keep thing updated as they happen.

For me, I get value from Alex, from Millie, from Praying Medic, and a whole slew of people who mess with these issues. But, it takes a huge amount of time to keep up with all the tumult and personalities involved.

My path is to take what I understand and makes sense to me and leave aside the rest--that is, until and unless something convinces me otherwise.

I think this is the wisest course to take for any independent thinker. 

At this point, even though some of them may dislike others of them, I am glad all of them exist.

Michael

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

For me, I get value from Alex, from Millie, from Praying Medic, and a whole slew of people who mess with these issues. But, it takes a huge amount of time to keep up with all the tumult and personalities involved.

My path is to take what I understand and makes sense to me and leave aside the rest--that is, until and unless something convinces me otherwise.

I think this is the wisest course to take for any independent thinker. 

At this point, even though some of them may dislike others of them, I am glad all of them exist.

The following video of Chris Wallace trying to gotcha Mark Meadows on QAnon was brutal and adds to my point in the quote. It even shut Chris Wallace up and left him a bit stunned.

As far as I am concerned, this was a perfect response by Meadows. I don't know how accurate it is in terms of what the Trump administration insiders (including the President himself) know or don't know, or think or don't think, but I am glad to see the media attempt to definitively tie President Trump to QAnon, or get a wholesale repudiation from him, flop and fizzle right in front of our eyes in national TV.

The easiest way to kill the influence of QAnon in the culture is to shatter its mystique. What Mark Meadows did was keep that mystique alive and well (and spreading anti-Deep State information through persuasion processes I have talked about elsewhere) while giving Chris Wallace (and people like him) a dressing down in words and tone they understand.

Which means, he made it appear like a repudiation, but it wasn't, and appear like support, but it wasn't. And he did it in a tone of almost-angry morally righteous certainty. That's what people like Wallace respond to, not the words per se. (For a great example of this technique, think of Hillary Clinton emphatically coming out with the following re Benghazi, "What difference, at this point, does it make?" Not a denial. Nor a confession. But man was it strongly stated and righteously indignant. :) )

The truth is, public-perception-wise, nobody can say anything with certainty about QAnon, but everybody wants to be right. And that's as it should be. That's what makes it work so well as a communications tool. And that's why the money of Dem billionaires, and the skills of Dem behavioral scientists and storytellers, and the will of globalists with all their resources, and even the inter-Q-related subcommunty spats can't stamp it out. Nobody ever knows what target to aim at.

I believe it was engineered that way. I'm glad to see it continue that way. And, frankly, I think we are witnessing a genius-level achievement in persuasion.

Michael

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's an update on Millie Weaver. ...

. . .

I don't know what happened after that, but I do know ShadowGate is still up at Banned Video, where it has crossed the 2.9 million views line.

I'll keep thing updated as they happen.

I finally learned a bit more about the spat for those interested.

Shadowgate on Banned Video has almost 3 million views by now.

Tomorrow (Monday) Alex Jones will ban it from Banned Video. :) 

Oh, the irony...

See Alex himself announce it here. That is a YouTube link and I don't know if it will stay up. So here is the title written out if I have to look for a replacement later: "Alex Jones - Final Comment on Millie Weaver - See description.. Aug 21 2020"

Man, what a kerfuffle.

Kaitlin

In the description to Shadowgate on Banned Video (as of right now), it had been changed a few days ago and I never noticed. It is self-explanatory, so I'll just copy/paste it.

It is with sadness that Infowars is forced by conscience and respect for goodness to break ties with Millie Weaver and her entourage. After an eight year relationship, we do not take this action lightly. Millie as a contractor, working with our Infowars team, has produced hundreds of important and at times amazing productions that have truly informed the public, and empowered humanity. We are not ending this relationship with Millie because of the film Shadowgate. Sadly our relationship must end, because we cannot be connected to individuals involved in her operation. These issues are too voluminous to chronicle here, but out of respect for the public, infowars supporters, and to Millie’s fans, we are linking to a detailed report laid out by Kaitlin Bennett: The Truth About Millie Weaver and Shadowgate https://lbry.tv/@LibertyHangout:2/MillieVid:f Our fact checkers have reviewed this report and found it to be credible. If you wish to understand why we have made this decision, watch this video, but we are not going to talk about this anymore. We are an organization known for not infighting and for trying to support the grassroots in the fight for human freedom. This is something we had to do, and we concur with Kaitlin Bennett’s analysis Click the link below and see the information for yourself. The Truth About Millie Weaver and Shadowgate https://lbry.tv/@LibertyHangout:2/MillieVid:f We wish Millie well and hope that she can come to her senses.

Just so you can watch Kaitlin Bennet's video without too much trouble, click the title or image below. It is a copy on BitChute. (The copy listed at lbry runs a bit wonky for me.)

THE TRUTH ABOUT MILLIE WEAVER AND SHADOWGATE

image.png

I watched it and kept thinking some of that sounded accurate, some sounded stretched to distortion, and a lot of it sounded petty. (They accused me and others of being a Trojan Horse for the bad guys, but I think they are... blah blah blah...)

Disinformation

People like Tore and Patrick Bergy, who openly proclaimed in the Documentary they were professionals at disinfomation, er... do disinfomation. So why in hell is Alex and his team surprised?

Did they expect paragons of virtue?

(Incidentally, keeping alert to disinformation is part of the fun in watching videos like Shadowgate. It's like looking at a QAnon drop. You wonder, which part is real and which part is disinfomation?)

But Alex & Co. constantly overreact. That's just in their DNA. They are bulldozers, not trim tools. And bulldozing is their function. A bulldozer has no nuance. It plows through everything without sorting. And that includes what is disinformation and what is plausible at times.

Good Intentions

Also, I like Kaitlin and I like her a lot, but I don't like public bashes framed in "I'm not doing this because I want to hurt you, Please believe me. I love you and care about your children."

Yeah, right. Where have I heard something like that in my past? Oh... yeah... It was right before I got hurt by the caring person, who then proceeded to write me off. :) 

Like the old saying goes (I paraphrase), it doesn't matter what kills you, being shot on purpose or a person with good intentions aiming at you and the gun going off by accident. You are just as dead either way.

The thing is, Kaitlin and Alex know this.

All of these people are all in the middle of a spat for some damn reason. And, for someone like me, that spat is between them. I have no vested interest in this. (But I like it as gossip. :) )

I don't see one person in this whole mess who is an innocent victim only. Not one saint. As far as being someone who supplies great information to sift through, I don't see one who isn't. They are all great at that.

Spats and Value

So they bicker and create spats.

I can't help but remember an old saying from the dark part of my life in Brazil:

Q: When Bandit A and Bandit B fight each other, who wins? 
A: The cops.

But creative bickering among the good guys can be good at times when a lot is being hidden by bad guys with oodles of power and money. (That's a whole other discussion and there is a lot to it, but it is true. Think Howard Bloom's work.)

So there it is.

I am still going to follow all of these people until they stop providing information I find interesting.

As to the gossip, hell, I like it just as much and the next nosy bastard. So why not be entertained while I learn and analyze shit?

Michael

31 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I hope this is not going to be another one on a bigger scale.

I hope it is banter.

btw - I understand Barron to be saying he supports Q in a shorthand manner, not that he is literally Q.

Michael

Not banter. The thing there is that PM and others are warning that THAT is not the real Barron Trump, that these and others are fake accounts (beyond parodies) being used to set up Qanons, and to stop following them/giving them attention. (Especially with the false flag warning re Qanon, and the fake Qanon rally that was staged.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

It's not. Just created 8/20. The quality of the tweets are a giveway.

TG,

And there's that part about Michelle Obama being a man. That caused a crick in the neck of my cognitive dissonance back when I was still seeing this for the first time.

At first blush, the account does look legit. But then, when you read, it starts getting weird...

Michael

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Shadowgate on Banned Video has almost 3 million views by now.

Tomorrow (Monday) Alex Jones will ban it from Banned Video. :) 

Oh, the irony...

Update. The video is still up at Banned Video and it has crossed 3 million views.

However, the thumbnail has changed. It now looks like this.

image.png

So maybe it will stay up with the disclaimer thumbnail.

It's not like Alex to censor anything like this, even when he disagrees. So maybe he was just overreacting when he announced it. I'm hoping.

Also, Millie just tweeted the following, so maybe some backchannel communication has been going on.

Time will tell, though. We just have to wait and see.

Michael

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Update. The video is still up at Banned Video and it has crossed 3 million views.

Last update re Banned Video.

Alex Jones took it down.

Banned Video just banned a video.

Oh well...

The video is still up at other alt sites like BitChute, Brighteon, lbry, etc.

Michael

• Like 1

Small update on Shadownet (covered in the documentary ShadowGate).

Dems Target Pro-Trump Accounts With Tech Created to Fight ISIS Propaganda

and

Dems deploying DARPA-funded AI-driven information warfare tool to target pro-Trump accounts

I don't know what the name of the program is that they are using, but the PAC running it is called “Defeat Disinfo.” This is a direct descendant of Shadownet.

At this stage, I'm not too worried because the guy in charge of the effort, Curtis Hougland, has a history of doing some pretty half-assed election projects. I think he is connected with General Stanley McChrystal, which is why he gets good press coverage.

But in the right hands, this could get problematic.

And then there's this:

Michael

On 8/31/2020 at 11:07 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Small update on Shadownet (covered in the documentary ShadowGate).

Dems Target Pro-Trump Accounts With Tech Created to Fight ISIS Propaganda

and

Dems deploying DARPA-funded AI-driven information warfare tool to target pro-Trump accounts

I don't know what the name of the program is that they are using, but the PAC running it is called “Defeat Disinfo.” This is a direct descendant of Shadownet.

Scott Adams covered this, but he did not use the term Shadownet. I am pretty sure he did not see the documentary. But he did mention General McChrystal, who is one of the Big Kahuna's of what Shadownet evolved into.

The following video by Scott works really well in complementing the material in ShadowGate. And it shows how different factions of people can see the same fundamental thing and fight against it in their own manners.

The section of the video that is relevant goes from 33:54 to 45:11. I have embedded it to start at 33:54.

Also, below the video, I supplied a cleaned up transcript of the excerpt. I also added titles to make reading it easier here on the Internet.

Partial transcripts starting at 33:54 with titles added.

Military-Grade Mind Control

Here's something that will scare you—or should. There is reporting that the Democrats are going to be using a DARPA funded AI driven information warfare tool to target pro-Trump accounts.

Yes. 

An actual military-grade mind control is going to be implemented for this election. Military-grade. I'm not exaggerating. 

Sometimes I say things are military-grade just to say they're powerful. But this is actually, literally, a military weapon that will be used domestically because there's no rule against it.

It's a weapon that doesn't… It's not kinetic. It's not poison. So apparently there's no law against it. There's no law against brainwashing your own citizens, apparently. 

Who’s In Charge

And who's in charge of this? 

I guess if somebody unimportant was in charge of it, you wouldn't worry about it too much. Right? 

So let's see who's in charge of it: General McChrystal, who… 

Was he fired by Obama? He was he was in charge of Afghanistan. Did Obama fire him? Not sure if i remember that correctly. Check me on that. 

But an actual military general who is familiar with these tools from his work in the military is aligning with some kind of Democrat political action committee to…—this is from the Fox News site—[and is] "planning to deploy the technology initially developed to counter terrorist propaganda to combat President Trump's campaign messages about the Coronavirus, an effort that will benefit his challenger Joe Biden according to a report.”

The group is called Defeat Disinfo

The First Trick

Now here's the first brainwashing trick. 

If I told you that there was a tool that would be used by a military general domestically to brainwash the public, what would you say? You'd say exactly what you just thought, which was, “Whoa… We don't want any of that. We don't want a military general using a military brainwashing technique to brainwash our citizens during an election.” 

That would literally be the worst thing that could ever happen. Right? You all think that. 

So what do they say that they are doing instead of that? What they… they even put in the name: Defeat Disinfo. They are framing this as defeating President Trump's brainwashing. They're actually selling this and will succeed, by the way. They will succeed at this. 

Why? 

Because it's military-grade brainwashing. It will succeed. They will first succeed in telling you that it's not what you think it is. And they will succeed at that. 

At least for the Democrats. That's the only ones they have to convince, really. They will convince the Democrats that all that's happening is they found a technology that will help get rid of President Trump's disinformation. And they will sell that that's what they're doing. 

That's not what they're doing. They may do that, also, but what they're doing is just flat brainwashing. There's no nuance to it. It is flat brainwashing. 

And it involves, I would imagine, not only messaging, but the way they deliver the message. And I think some of this depends on using social media to build a counter narrative through a network of 3.4 million influencers across the country, even paying some users…

This is, again. from the Fox News site. 

Even paying some users with large followings to oppose the President. 

That's right. 

There will be people who you think are citizens who just have big accounts, who will be paid to disseminate brainwashing propaganda.

That's not speculative. It's not even what they're not admitting. Apparently, this is just publicly known and there's no counter-narrative to it. This is exactly what's happening. I'm not making any of this up. This is national news. 

Does that scare you? 

In This Corner…

Well, let me set it up this way. On the Democrat side, they have our highest level of military experience software tools and network to literally brainwash the public. So that's what the Democrats have. 

What the Republicans have is me. :)  So I'd say it's a fair fight. Now I say that jokingly, of course. President Trump is the most powerful… let's say, I've called him a persuasion expert in different words. 

So that's actually a fair fight. The most powerful military brainwashing against President Trump and his somewhat, let's call it, volunteer patriot army of hypnotists, mindset experts, and influencers. 

Who do you bet on? Are you going to bet on the military? We do have the best military in the history of civilization. 

All right, if you were going to bet on the US military's best brainwashing weapons and most highly trained general versus a ragtag group of, who? Me? Mike Cernovich? Half a dozen other people that come to mind who are good at this stuff? And the President?

Does it seem like a fair fight? 

It's a fair fight. 

It is a fair fight.

And they don't know what's coming for them. They really don't. The Democrats have no idea what's coming for them.

The next two months are just going to be lit. You won't know what's true by November. You won't know if you exist by November. Everything you knew about reality is just going to get blown up. And if you can reassemble it before election day, good luck. But your brain is going to get scrambled. 

You're going to be getting it from every direction and you're not getting it from amateurs. This is professional now. This is purely professional work with some amateurs who are helping out. But even the amateurs in this case know what they're doing. 

Vampires and Werewolves underground

So… I've said this before, that I see the world as… there's this movie, Underworld. It's one of my favorite movies with Kate Beckinsale, who plays this kind of vampire hunter. 

And in this movie, the general idea is that the humans are unaware. We're just going about our lives, unaware that the vampires and the werewolves, who live underground mostly, are having this war that's sort of a perpetual war. And it's a big war.

But we're just going along our day. We don't know that we're right in the middle of a vampire and werewolf war. 

That's exactly how I see the world, except there's more than one war. There are actually several wars going on under the surface that sometimes I get to see because I have a white privileged view. Actually I don't know if the white part has anything to do with it. But I do have a privileged view into a lot of stuff that you don't get to see. 

For a variety of reasons people want me to see what they're doing. Often people say, “Hey, look what I'm doing. Do you think this is going to work or not?” So I just sort of see a lot of stuff that you don't get to see. Trust me, there are several raging wars just under the surface that you just don't see. 

What you see sometimes is the outcome, but you think it's due to just news. Like, let's say, you'll see something really bad happens to a famous person—on either side. They're either Democrat or they're the Republican. And there's this terrible tragedy that happens to him in terms of, let's say, some news comes out and you think to yourself, “Wow, that was bad luck.” 

Nope. 

That was probably somebody who who fell to the war that you're not watching. There were people who actually got taken out by either the vampires or the werewolves and you have no idea that's what happened. All you know is somebody decided to take some time off from politics. 

You see just sort of the sanitized ultimate partisan… “Well. It looks like this person decided to change careers,” or that sort of thing. 

Crazy With A Good Outcome

But, what you're going to see in the next few months will be just crazy. It's not going to be like anything you've seen before. It will be crazy. 

But when it's over, we will be still the United States. We will be the United States when this is over. We will have a perfect union, as perfect as it could be. We will still have our Constitution. We will be a nation of laws. We will be the strongest country on the planet earth. We will.

But the next two months? 

Crazy. 

They're gonna be crazy. Get ready. Just remember that on the other end of it, it's gonna be cool. Because it will be. 

And everything you see, think of it more like a nightmare. Think of it… none of it is real. Assume that every story you hear is manufactured by either a werewolf or a vampire. 

From now until election day, only the vampires and the werewolves control the news cycle. In other times they can step back and let the news just be the news. But for the next couple months, it's werewolves or vampires. You'll never see them. 

But the news is not the real news from now until November. It never has been, but it will be at a level you've never seen before. 

Then he goes on to cite several examples.

I would transcribe them, too, but doing 12 minutes is enough for free.

I really like the image of werewolves and vampires fighting wars underground as we humans go about our business.

What a metaphor.

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

What you see sometimes is the outcome, but you think it's due to just news. Like, let's say, you'll see something really bad happens to a famous person—on either side. They're either Democrat or they're the Republican. And there's this terrible tragedy that happens to him in terms of, let's say, some news comes out and you think to yourself, “Wow, that was bad luck.” 

Nope. 

That was probably somebody who who fell to the war that you're not watching. There were people who actually got taken out by either the vampires or the werewolves and you have no idea that's what happened. All you know is somebody decided to take some time off from politics. 

You see just sort of the sanitized ultimate partisan… “Well. It looks like this person decided to change careers,” or that sort of thing. 

This, along with all the recent cases of CEO's stepping down or politicians getting sick, keeps bringing to my mind examples from ATLAS SHRUGGED where the "Deep Staters" of that book suddenly get sick or take leave, like this:

“It’s a lie! I didn’t run away!” cried James Taggart. “I came here because I happened to be sick. Ask Dr. Wilson. It’s a form of flu. He’ll prove it. And how did you know that I was here?”

Rand, Ayn. Atlas Shrugged: (Centennial Edition) (p. 182). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.