Trump humor

On Steve Hilton’s Show The Next Revolution on Fox news, he called Biden’s pick: “Kamala Chameleon.” I liked that Boy George song, where he talked about contradiction, color, and living without conviction.

Culture Club – “Karma Chameleon.”

There's a loving in your eyes all the way
If I listen to your lies, would you say
I'm a man without conviction
I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction
You come and go, you come and go

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams
Red, gold, and green, red, gold, and green

Didn't you hear your wicked words every day
And you used to be so sweet I heard you say
That my love was an addiction
When we cling, our love is strong
When you go, you're gone forever
You string along, you string along

Every day is like survival
You're my lover, not my rival
Every day is like survival
You're my lover, not my rival

I'm a man without conviction
I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction

• 2 weeks later...

I saw CCR in California and I think in Salisbury, MD ten years ago. I mentioned before how some of the concert goers at Fillmore West were stoned and started chanting "Creedence Water, Creedence Water," instead of their complete name, and the group was not amused.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a cute video in this tweet from bot-warrior Bouzy, with a bad-haired shallow-fake Trump inserted into mischievous context.  Two layers of irony in the story framework ...

Bill Maher is not funny at all in this monologue.

His bitterness is on the surface and he often gets to the point of pouting and bitchiness.

I normally don't get off on someone in that much pain, but the sheer number of bald-faced lies he told, just in that monologue alone, added to the nasty malice coming through with each word (even aimed at the Green Party), made me sit back like Jackie Gleason and say, "Ahhh... How sweet it is."

:)

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

A relatively sweet tone from the arch-fiends of the Lincoln Project.

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

... the arch-fiends of the Lincoln Project.

William,

You flatter them.

They are irrelevant and ideologically wishy-washy. Their only absolute is they must be the ones in power. Everything else is up for grabs.

Notice they oppose people who implement the ideas they have preached for years. Why? Because it is not them in power doing the implementing.

The men and women in that club are not hero-material enough to form and lead a large movement. They are just mediocre.

They have money to spend so they leave their droppings around.

But, relevance-wise, they are the equivalent of the Whig Party around the time of its demise.

I expect a drawn out death, so they will be with us for a while, but I don't expect a resurrection.

Michael

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
19 hours ago, william.scherk said:

A relatively sweet tone from the arch-fiends of the Lincoln Project.

They are irrelevant and ideologically wishy-washy. Their only absolute is they must be the ones in power. Everything else is up for grabs.

The Lincoln Project is a PAC (Political Action Committee) : "The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the United States Senate."

Notice they oppose people who implement the ideas they have preached for years. Why? Because it is not them in power doing the implementing.

The men and women in that club are not hero-material enough to form and lead a large movement. They are just mediocre.

They have money to spend so they leave their droppings around.

The PAC does not have a huge amount of money to spend, compared to established pro-Trump PACs. Their budget is dwarfed by the smallest budget of Trumpish PACs.

The folks at the Project have suggested that their target audience is often just one person -- the President.

[From Wikipedia's article] "A May 20, 2020 ad entitled GOP Cribs, which highlights the significant wealth Trump campaign chairman Brad Parscale had built up while working for Trump, is believed to have played a role in Parscale's demotion."

But, relevance-wise, they are the equivalent of the Whig Party around the time of its demise.

I expect a drawn out death, so they will be with us for a while, but I don't expect a resurrection.

If readers want to immerse themselves briefly in the Lincoln Project mind-sets, they can watch some of the social-media shows they do daily.  Here is an example from their "The Breakdown," a Lincoln Project #LPTV feature broadcast live on Twitter and YouTube:

Spoiler

Here is a short video that achieved a small virality ... it might strike some readers as humorous, to return to the topic of the thread.  Anything with Paula White in it is good TV, right?

"GOP Cribs," which could have played a role in Brad Parscale's losing his job at the head of the Trump campaign (Parscale is back at home with his wife, and has resigned from the Trump digital operation)

Edited by william.scherk
Grammer, spelking, video of Cribs

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

If readers want to immerse themselves briefly in the Lincoln Project mind-sets...

William,

Thanks for the deeper dive into the mindset of "The Lincoln Project," which for some reason you seem to think is different than the people who make it up, but I, for one, will take a pass.

Like I said, their version of elitism is dying.

May they take their place of honor in history right beside the dodo bird.

Michael

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 10:30 AM, william.scherk said:

The Lincoln Project is a PAC (Political Action Committee) : "The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the United States Senate."

We can observe the Lincoln Project death throes:

A spirited interlude, to cleanse the palate:

On 10/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Thanks for the deeper dive...

Could someone please give a shallower dive? Something that gets to the damed point? What is their gripe? I mean other than that they heard that someone reported that an anonymous source claimed that Orange Man said bad things about soldiers or anyone else, and these guys decided to believe it? I see that the left's press loves these guys, and they seem to enjoy praising themselves as being brave and principle saviors, but what real things are they bravely saving us all from? What's the substance?

Thanks in advance,

J

On 10/13/2020 at 1:40 PM, Jonathan said:

Could someone please give a shallower dive? Something that gets to the damed point?

Jonathan,

Here is a prominent leftie's view of The Lincoln Project.

He seems to get to the point real fast.

In other words, The Lincoln Project is a crony money and bribery racket.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

Here is a prominent leftie's view of The Lincoln Project.

He seems to get to the point real fast.

In other words, The Lincoln Project is a crony money and bribery racket.

Michael

Needs fixing 

--Brant