Donald Trump

The Cupcake Revolution

I don't laugh at the Social Justice Warriors below like many of those who have been bullied by them over the last few years. I'm looking at another angle.

Bear in mind that they are reacting to the outcome of a legal democratic election that was (mostly) not rigged. I don't recall Trump supporters doing anything near this when President Obama was elected--both times.

btw - This hit Real Clear Politics video.

The depth of the brainwashing that happened to these kids right under the noses of everybody over the last couple of decades is astounding.

The brainwashers are evil and they are wicked competent. They know what they are doing and they are doing it on purpose. I've been looking for a good villain for my fiction (one that I can hate) and what I just saw below made it clear to me how possible it is for them to do this to intelligent young people.

These kids are not play-acting. They really believe the crap they are saying. And their feelings are sincere. 

Who does that to the human mind? Who instills that much fear and hatred in others over nothing?

Brainwashers, that's who.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The Cupcake Revolution

I don't laugh at the Social Justice Warriors below like many of those who have been bullied by them over the last few years. I'm looking at another angle.

Bear in mind that they are reacting to the outcome of a legal democratic election that was (mostly) not rigged. I don't recall Trump supporters doing anything near this when President Obama was elected--both times.

btw - This hit Real Clear Politics video.

The depth of the brainwashing that happened to these kids right under the noses of everybody over the last couple of decades is astounding.

The brainwashers are evil and they are wicked competent. They know what they are doing and they are doing it on purpose. I've been looking for a good villain for my fiction (one that I can hate) and what I just saw below made it clear to me how possible it is for them to do this to intelligent young people.

These kids are not play-acting. They really believe the crap they are saying. And their feelings are sincere. 

Who does that to the human mind? Who instills that much fear and hatred in others over nothing?

Part 1:

Part 2:

Michael

Cry babies.   It is time they Grew Up....

Ba’al wrote: President Elect Trump should know or soon be instructed that CO2 does slowdown heat radiation from the atmosphere along with methane (CH4) and good old water vapor (H2O). end quote

Humanity thrives when there is global warming, and as an example check out ‘the Roman warming.’

I like to say to locals, do you know anybody who has a house in Fenwick Island, Delaware or across the Mason Dixon line in Ocean City, Maryland? Ask them how long it has been there. I know people whose houses are one dun away from the ocean or right on the bay in OC. They have been there 60 or 70 years. There have been hurricanes and floods . . . BUT the same houses are still there. Ask an old timer, when you were a kid where was the water line? It is approximately in the same location. The house in OC did have more marsh than now, but it has had less marsh than now. The water is still up to the original boat house and needs the mud in the lagoon pumped out to get their boat out.

The “global warming is man made” fear mongers are scam artists and “true believers.” Humanity has little effect on climate. Just believe your eyes. 

Peter  

18 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

I'm not going to do it too much, I certainly don't want to make the same mistake they did and get Karl Marx himself elected in 2024, but is anyone else looking forward to occasionally responding to critics of Trump policies with:

"You can't stand that a white man is President, you're just a bigot, a caucasiaphobe and misandrist."

Tracinski wrote: Let me be a little more clear on how I see this happening already. It's not just that Trump represents the wrong principles. It's that he represents a rejection of political principles as such . . . . That's why I'm vaguely hoping Trump will lose. His candidacy has not been an argument over which principles we should use, nor has it been an argument over how likely he is to stick to his stated principles. It's a debate over whether it's good to have principles at all. end quote

If anyone thinks Objectivists or the left wing will rethink their POTUS Trump image based on evidence, they will be disappointed.

Peter 

On MSN and Yahoo, they are still extremely negative and derisive about Trump. Their hate knows no bounds. What will POTUS Trump do on the international stage?

Peter

From The Times of Israel By Raphael Ahren November 10, 2016. On January 20, 2017, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will finally have a Republican president sitting in the White House. Netanyahu has often been called a Republican himself, and many observers of US-Israel relations believe he is eagerly awaiting Inauguration Day, when for the first time in his 10 years at the helm of the Jewish state there will not be a Democratic president of the US.

On the face of it, Donald Trump’s victory seems to be a dream come true for the Israeli prime minister. The president-elect has repeatedly vowed to unconditionally back the Jewish state in any possible way: he promised not to try to force a solution on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict; slammed the Iranian nuclear deal; pledged to move the US embassy to Jerusalem and removed the two-state solution from the Republican party platform. Netanyahu also knows and appreciates the vice-president-elect, Mike Pence, who has a long record of support for Israel.

Some of the names rumored to be part of Trump’s future cabinet will be music to Netanyahu’s ears. Newt Gingrich and John Bolton, for instance, are thought to have a good chance of becoming the next secretary of state, and Rudy Giuliani expects to be appointed attorney-general. Many others in Trump’s inner circle have long records of outspoken and unconditional support for the Jewish state and Netanyahu’s policies.

On the other hand, Netanyahu knows that Trump is unpredictable and might change his Middle East policies on a whim. The prime minister surely hasn’t forgotten that Trump said he wants to remain “neutral” on the Israeli-Palestinian issue or that he contemplated asking Israel to repay the billions in military aid it received from the US.

. . . . Would Netanyahu have preferred Clinton over Trump? We might never know. But already, Israeli politicians to Netanyahu’s right, such as Naftali Bennett, are seizing on the Republican platform’s omission of a two-state solution — essentially trying to push Netanyahu into formally abandoning the idea, and preparing to undermine him from the right if he doesn’t. He can expect more pressure from the right, too, to expand settlements — once Trump is in the White House and such building may not be criticized as it routinely was under Obama. Netanyahu is wary about Palestinian statehood, and is a supporter of the settlement enterprise, of course, but he benefited, in the complex dance of domestic politics and regional diplomacy, from being able to find a middle path between the pro-peace-talks, anti-settlement US administration and the opposite stance of the political hawks at home. A president Clinton would have enabled him to chart a similar course, albeit with slightly greater empathy from Washington. A president Trump will likely give Netanyahu a freer hand — which, however paradoxically, might make life more complicated for him.

On Wednesday, the president-elect and the prime minister spoke on the phone for about 15 minutes. They exchanged pleasantries and discussed “regional issues,” according to Netanyahu’s office. Trump also invited Netanyahu to the White House “at the first opportunity.” Netanyahu gladly accepted.

Pretty soon, then, we might find out more of what Trump plans for the Middle East — if anything. We’ll also see how well the two men get along. And Netanyahu will have a better idea of whether president Trump is as “easy to work with” as Hillary Clinton would have been . . . . end quote. 

WikiLeaks capped off Tuesday's surprising presidential election with a tweet appearing to mock Democrats for picking Hillary Clinton as their nominee. "By biasing its internal electoral market the DNC selected the less competitive candidate defeating the purpose of running a primary," the official account tweeted near midnight. Throughout the campaign, WikiLeaks published hacked Democratic National Committee (DNC) emails that it said showed the party was biased toward Clinton over her primary rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). end quote

The Deal Maker rolls up his sleeves and had already neutralized President Obama's hostility.

If people think President-elect Trump's cordiality toward President Obama means he's not going to be tough and will not fulfill his campaign promises, they need to look at how he runs his ship in his companies.

He's going to be tough and he's going to fulfill his campaign promises.

And he's going to make people like it as he goes along.

That's how he rolls.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Ba’al wrote: President Elect Trump should know or soon be instructed that CO2 does slowdown heat radiation from the atmosphere along with methane (CH4) and good old water vapor (H2O). end quote

Humanity thrives when there is global warming, and as an example check out ‘the Roman warming.’

I like to say to locals, do you know anybody who has a house in Fenwick Island, Delaware or across the Mason Dixon line in Ocean City, Maryland? Ask them how long it has been there. I know people whose houses are one dun away from the ocean or right on the bay in OC. They have been there 60 or 70 years. There have been hurricanes and floods . . . BUT the same houses are still there. Ask an old timer, when you were a kid where was the water line? It is approximately in the same location. The house in OC did have more marsh than now, but it has had less marsh than now. The water is still up to the original boat house and needs the mud in the lagoon pumped out to get their boat out.

The “global warming is man made” fear mongers are scam artists and “true believers.” Humanity has little effect on climate. Just believe your eyes. 

Peter  

That is true. Civilization flourishes in warmer climates.   Even so,  those In Charge should be aware of the physics underlying the climate and weather. 

I doubt whether one in ten Americans know what the second law of thermodynamics is. 

I am trying on different Trumpian labels. Mighty Michael wrote about President DJT: That's how he rolls. end quote

I truly hope President Trump can change the left wing ideology learned in schools and especially in college.  The level of left wing hatred is astounding.

They want to be ruled by their clique of elitists. If a man like President Reagan, Kennedy, or Trump comes along and says, “Think for yourself, do for yourself, and govern yourself,” they are suddenly in unfamiliar territory. “You mean me and the others must be free,” they scornfully mock. “We can’t handle the truth. We need a fearless leader to shine a light on the path ahead.”

“The Constitution is not enough,” they scold. “We need guidance and regulations to tell them . . . and us what to do.” When they think of the concept *freedom* a shiver of fear goes up their spines.

“You want to spend your own money on yourself and your family,” they scream. “Then who will take care of the downtrodden and oppressed, you Stupid idiot? Hell no. Government knows how to spend your money better than you!”

I am curious what shape President Trump’s rebuilding of our infrastructure will take. Where will he start? How will he pay for it? I remember the approximate time when Ike started on the intercontinental highway system when I was a baby, but I don’t remember the sequence. Like the railroad, do you start in New York, cross the plains, climb the Rocky Mountains and end up in San Francisco?

Peter

3 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:
17 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

PS: Trump is wrong of course about the idea of global warming being created by the Chinese.

i agree.

Your "agreement" isn't addressed to what I was saying.

Dellingpole - full article here - quoted a Trump tweet in which Trump stated:

[DTrump]The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."  11:15 AM - 6 Nov 2012

The Chinese did not create "the concept of global warming," irrespective of however much they've contributed to whatever effect humans have had on whatever warming has occurred.

I don't agree with your assessment of percentages, but I'm not going to get into a dispute on OL about the scientific details.

Ellen

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The brainwashers are evil and they are wicked competent. They know what they are doing and they are doing it on purpose. [....]

I think there have been people involved in "the depth of the brainwashing [...] over the last couple of decades" who know what they're doing.

I've felt astounded plenty of times by the extent and depth of what's happened to the minds of (many) young people.

I hear reports on a regular basis about the cognitive incompetents who are taking physics courses at one university.

Reports from elsewhere indicate that the same is going on across the country (and in Europe too - for instance, things I heard this summer about the deterioration at the once illustrious University of Vienna), and in every field of study.

Ellen

1 hour ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Your "agreement" isn't addressed to what I was saying.

Dellingpole - full article here - quoted a Trump tweet in which Trump stated:

[DTrump]The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."  11:15 AM - 6 Nov 2012

The Chinese did not create "the concept of global warming," irrespective of however much they've contributed to whatever effect humans have had on whatever warming has occurred.

I don't agree with your assessment of percentages, but I'm not going to get into a dispute on OL about the scientific details.

Ellen

Global Warming became a  Big Deal back in the 1980's.  Some people saw Rachel Carson hit pay dirt,  so they followed suit. 

21 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Quoting from the Dellingpole article:

"To get an idea of the horrors to come for the greenies, look at how they reacted to the prospect of his new Environmental Protection Agency Dismantler-in-Chief Myron Ebell."

I am overjoyed about Ebell's getting in there.

And might be going to be ecstatic at who gets appointed science advisor.  L and I have a suspicion.  Fingers crossed!!!

Yesterday morning I was thinking that some X hours from then, I would be feeling either grim preparing for worse than we've had to come or a release of exuberant hope, and I didn't dare let hope start too early.  Larry was feeling the same way.  We wanted to be sure of the win before we started anticipating prospects.

I said to Larry - a line Ayn Rand liked from Victor Hugo, "No man can go from Siberia to Senegal without fainting."  I added, "And if ___ is appointed science advisor, it will be like going from hell to heaven."

Ellen

PS: Trump is wrong of course about the idea of global warming being created by the Chinese.

Of course. It was created in the West by the Left. It's purpose is to generate Western guilt and to effect total control over industry and everything else. It's about seizing power.

22 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

PS: Trump is wrong of course about the idea of global warming being created by the Chinese.

Ellen,

I have an incomplete thought on this and I admit I might be wrong. However, as this thread attests, my instincts about Trump are generally good.

I tried to research this claim and all I came up with is that Trump tweeted it, then later denied he ever said that--but he left the tweet up anyway. And the press went apeshit. There is a buttload of leftwing press screaming gotcha about it. And you will see a new article or comment still pop up about it. I haven't found anything from the right about this yet (I admit I didn't look that hard). But even if I do, the ratio will be buttload on the left and a meager one or two on the right. (I mean the alt right, not the establishment right.)

That to me is a red flag. That looks like a target is being set up for a shoot and it ain't Trump.

:) 

Until I learn more, though, the following is my speculation. Trump is smart enough to know that the ruling class's Climate putsch throughout the world involves gobs and gobs of money. And power. Trump has even said he's going to defund America's part in the UN climate shenanigans. From his policy statements alone, it's obvious he knows this is not a Chinese conspiracy.

So I keep thinking, Trump knows how to manipulate the media better than almost any politician. And he knows his Chinese inventing Climate Change tweet and denial causes them enormous cognitive dissonance allied to a false sense of victory for the gotcha. Yet he keeps the tweet in place.

Why?

What game is he playing with the media?

Fake headbutt?

Distracting them with one hand while he does the real trick with another?

Setting them of for a gotcha of his own?

I believe something is going on other than the corrupt media's hollering that Trump is stupid and a hypocrite. And I believe it will come down to Trump punking the media off like shooting fish in a barrel. 

I don't know what all this is, yet, but I am sure it will be fun once I find out.

And once again, just like all the other times, the media will have a buttload of butthurt.

Michael

9 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ellen,

I have an incomplete thought on this and I admit I might be wrong. However, as this thread attests, my instincts about Trump are generally good.

I tried to research this claim and all I came up with is that Trump tweeted it, then later denied he ever said that--but he left the tweet up anyway. And the press went apeshit. There is a buttload of leftwing press screaming gotcha about it. And you will see a new article or comment still pop up about it. I haven't found anything from the right about this yet (I admit I didn't look that hard). But even if I do, the ratio will be buttload on the left and a meager one or two on the right. (I mean the alt right, not the establishment right.)

That to me is a red flag. That looks like a target is being set up for a shoot and it ain't Trump.

Until I learn more, though, the following is my speculation. Trump is smart enough to know that the ruling class's Climate putsch throughout the world involves gobs and gobs of money. And power. Trump has even said he's going to defund America's part in the UN climate shenanigans. From his policy statements alone, it's obvious he knows this is not a Chinese conspiracy.

So I keep thinking, Trump knows how to manipulate the media better than almost any politician. And he knows his Chinese inventing Climate Change tweet and denial causes them enormous cognitive dissonance allied to a false sense of victory for the gotcha. Yet he keeps the tweet in place.

Why?

What game is he playing with the media?

Fake headbutt?

Distracting them with one hand while he does the real trick with another?

Setting them of for a gotcha of his own?

I believe something is going on other than the corrupt media's hollering that Trump is stupid and a hypocrite. And I believe it will come down to Trump punking the media off like shooting fish in a barrel. 

I don't know what all this is, yet, but I am sure it will be fun once I find out.

And once again, just like all the other times, the media will have a buttload of butthurt.

Michael

There is no doubt he knows not the Chinese. What's going on is surely something like what you are suggesting.

Michael was playing BINGO and wrote for the win: Trump is smart enough to know that the ruling class's Climate putsch throughout the world involves gobs and gobs of money. And power. Trump has even said he's going to defund America's part in the UN climate shenanigans. end quote

We think of Old Hickory as being corrupt, but there are 10,000 creeps “in positions of influence” who will be conniving for their cut of the burglary. Oh dear, oh dear. The Prez wants to get rid of Obama’s executive orders and regulations? This is a tough one. Who in government would want to help him? What Senators and Congressman have been seething for eight years? Are there any? Any of them who know that dark, haunted house like the back of their hands? Who could it possibly be? Well, Pilgrim, you could almost pick any Republican and some Democratic names and get valuable input from them. Even those bureaucrats who administer the regulations could be a big help if President Trump tells them NOW what he is interested in seeing disappear. Unlock the shackles and let us be free at last, President Trump!

I think he will be hearing an offer of help from one million volunteers in and out of government so the problem will be sorting through the info.

I was also wondering if a new post - election Trump thread should be started?

Peter

I disagree with Charles about a few things in the following excerpt such as that Americans will be for legalizing illegal immigrants. What the hell? They broke the law, so it is not necessarily so that we would want them to remain in America if they will vote for Democrats in the future. Secondly, calling Trump a rekindling of a Reaganite agenda is misleading. It will be a Trump agenda.

Charles wrote: If Reaganite conservatives want to head off wrongheaded solutions — such as massive tariffs, mercantilist economics and trade wars — they must be prepared to accept such measures as federal wage subsidies and targeted restraints on trade. This involves giving up a measure of economic efficiency. end quote

Is that the only possible solution? A loss of economic and social freedom? I think it is possible President Trump is smarter than me and smarter than Charles Krauthammer. He will be learning and evolving during the next two months before the "nearly impossible" becomes a reality: a Trump Presidency. 

Peter

Charles Krauthammer: How the new Republican majority can succeed

. . . . Hence the other principal task for the now dominant GOP: Undo Obamaism. Begin with canceling Obama’s executive orders on everything from immigration to climate change. Then overturn his more elaborate legislative adventures into overweening liberalism, starting, of course, with Obamacare.

The promise of a Trump presidency is that, if it can successfully work with a Republican Congress, it could turn Obamaism into a historical parenthesis. Republicans would then have a chance to enact the Reaganite agenda that has been incubating while in exile from the White House.

For years Washington gridlock has been attributed to GOP obstructionism. On the contrary, serious legislation, such as Medicare reform passed by the GOP House, was either strangled in the Senate by Democratic leader Harry Reid or died by veto on President Obama’s desk.

Beyond the undoing, there’s now the prospect of doing. Serious border enforcement, including a wall, for example. That’s not only a good in itself, it would offer leverage in a grand bargain that would include eventual legalization of resident illegal immigrants, an idea supported (according to the exit polls) by more than seven in 10 voters.

Another given is a reshaping of the currently rudderless Supreme Court with the nomination of a conservative justice to replace the late Antonin Scalia.

During the campaign, Trump’s populism often clashed with traditional Reaganism. The key to GOP success is to try to achieve an accommodation, if not a fusion. Two agendas: one ideological, one socioeconomic. They both need to be addressed. Onto the Reaganite core of smaller government and strict constitutionalism must be added a serious concern for the grievances of the constituency that animated the Trump insurgency, the long-suffering, long-neglected working class.

If Reaganite conservatives want to head off wrongheaded solutions — such as massive tariffs, mercantilist economics and trade wars — they must be prepared to accept such measures as federal wage subsidies and targeted restraints on trade. This involves giving up a measure of economic efficiency. But the purpose is to achieve a measure of social peace and restore dignity and security to a stressed and sliding working class. Some might even call it compassionate conservatism.

The key to success for a Trump presidency is for the Reaganite and populist elements in the party to be willing to advance each other’s goals even at the cost of ideological purity. This will require far-reaching negotiations between a Trump White House and a GOP Congress. The Republicans have gained control of all the political branches. They have the means to deliver. They now have to show that they can.

Will certain “nay sayers” be returning to Atlantis? Maybe after the inauguration? Too soon to tell. I was sick and tired of politics for about a day and then I started thinking about Ted Cruz, Marco, Rand Paul, and others who are now in positions of ten times their previous power. Think of it. No vetoes. Freedom caucuses. Sweeping change. It’s morning in America. Midas Mulligan will soon be in the White House. *joke*

I am hoping President Trump will not pick certain people for his staff and cabinet but I won’t suggest any who should be excluded, (like Governor Krispy Kreme of New Jersey just because I don’t like them.) I hope he listens to some of the critics in the next two months and not set anything into stone for at least a month . . . or maybe not until after Christmas.

I think he should reiterate a list of hopefuls for the Supreme Court and let the Republican majorities chew it over. But there is no law or conventional wisdom that says he needs to be putting out information every day. Secrecy is sometimes good when you are making a deal of a lifetime.

Peter

Excerpts from CBS News: Defense Secretary Ash Carter has already taken steps to ensure a smooth transition for the Defense Department for Donald Trump’s presidency.

“We just had an election. People are still talking about it. What was your message, though, to the defense department?’ “CBS This Morning” co-host Norah O’Donnell asked in the Pentagon chief’s first interview since the election. “Stay out of -- we stand apart from politics. I was extremely vigilant in making sure that in my own comments and statements, I never commented on the presidential campaign, which of course went on for many, many months,” Carter said.

“And you’re not going to do that here,” O’Donnell said.  

“No. I will not do that,” he said.

“Our military officers, remember by this time, after 15 years of this kind of campaign, are vastly knowledgeable about how to carry out counterinsurgency campaigns, counter -- carry out counterterrorism campaigns,” Carter said. “So there’s a vast reservoir of experience and wisdom and strategic thinking here. And, you know, one of my jobs as secretary of defense is always to make sure that professional military advice is made available to our policy makers.” end quote 

This is one mother of a rant about the Internet.

I agree with about 90% of what Alex said here, but most of all, I agree with his tone.

After seeing all the nastiness the ruling class has been throwing at good decent productive people of all types, and getting my own share, I see the need for Alex's tone. 

The only way to stop a bully is to pop him hard when he pops you.

Like Alex said, you don't get a fight with Trump if you don't pick a fight with him. That's true about most of the people the ruling class has been pissing on for a long time.

I don't use Alex's tone and I often get irritated with it, but I'm glad he does what he does the way he does it.

The world is big enough for us all, and it's a beautiful world.

Michael

How about Rush Limbaugh during a Trump Administration becoming an “unofficial spokesperson”? I would like that. He could speak occasionally as Trump’s media expert on the show, guaranteeing a huge audience to get the message . . and spin . . . out there. Give Rush the medal of freedom and a broccoli floret.  

Rush was just making fun of the Fox media guy who said the press is “coming to terms with a Trump Presidency.” What the heck, says der Rushman, doesn’t that blow their cover as unbiased NEWS people? Why would they need to come to terms? Of course it is because they are propagandists. I was watching Meghan Kelly during the vote count and I saw a few sick looks on her face, but then she came to terms as the super trooper she isn’t.

Michael wrote: The only way to stop a bully is to pop him hard when he pops you. end quote

Interesting podcast on info wars. The internet elected Trump? And Rush. Rush was saying DJ will shake things up, though he will keep some of the leftovers from the dark Obama ages . . . for now. Magnificent in victory and then Trump should sneak up on them and give them a whack, because the leftists will be doing just that to him. Trump got the same number of women voters as Romney did.

According to Drudge, singer, superstar Cher’s rocket is in its final count down. She promised to leave the planet if President Trump is elected.

Will DJ put his empire in the hands of his kids? Or a trust? Of course he will have another empire to benevolently rule / govern: Pax Americana.

Peter

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Rush was just making fun of the Fox media guy who said the press is “coming to terms with a Trump Presidency.” What the heck, says der Rushman, doesn’t that blow their cover as unbiased NEWS people? Why would they need to come to terms? Of course it is because they are propagandists. I was watching Meghan Kelly during the vote count and I saw a few sick looks on her face, but then she came to terms as the super trooper she isn’t.

Peter,

I don't have the video, but I heard Megyn Kelly say last night or the night before last (and I believe this is verbatim accurate, or if it isn't, it's really close): "... the American people now have to come to terms with Trump winning."

American people?

Come to terms?

Who the hell does she think elected Trump?

Michael

I was going through Rush Limbaugh transcripts right now (this one) and he made a comment that made me stop and blink...

You see, I have lived outside the US. When I grok what he is saying here, I have different conceptual referents than most Americans. 

If I had to guess, I think Barack Obama will pardon Hillary Clinton before he leaves office.  But I still think they'll wind down that foundation, whether she's pardoned or not.  There's gonna be a lot of Third World potentates who might be suing for breach of contract.  I'm half joking.  Some people might want their money back.  I mean, there's a lot of people who've given a lot of money that's now worthless.  This is a bigger deal than people are thinking.

Ouch...

He's right. That's a big friggin' deal, and not just with one donor...

Maybe Hillary would do better to not take that pardon.

Depending on the potentate or rich crony, an American prison might be the safest place on earth for her...

Michael

Michael wondered if: Maybe Hillary would do better to not take that pardon. end quote

Or she could take a magic potion turning her into a comatose snow white. Or check into a mental rehab until the potentates who donated to her foundation stop clamoring for their wasted money back. Oh, the pain . . .  and anger is turning into criminal activity, here on the home front. It turns out the leftists aren’t altruistic puppy lovers after all. They are monstrous thugs and totalitarians. Who knew? Well, I knew but I did not think they would show their true colors over a legitimate election. I say they arrest all who are violent and give them a few days jail time and a police record. Re-arrest them and take them off the streets for months. Decent Americans should shun them especially if they are someone on TV or the movies. Pass moral judgement on them. With very few exceptions I refuse to watch traitors like Jane Fonda to this day. And it is time to condemn black racism in all its forms. I want to thank President Trump for starting the dialogue about exposing Politically Correct speech for what it is: totalitarian censorship.  

Peter  

Some headlines and quotes.

DNC Staffer Has Meltdown During Meeting, Screams at Donna Brazile For Helping Get Trump Elected. The Coddled Generation That Wasn’t Taught to Grow Up. Trump’s ‘Cracker Barrel Crowd’ Delivers Victory. De Blasio: NYC Will Resist Any Deportation Plans. Spain PM seeking opposition support for leaner budget | AP News. Trump takes on enormous task of building an administration | AP News. Audience Cringes When Comedian Tells Everyone to 'Get Abortions Now' After Trump Win. Grubhub CEO Demands Resignation of Employees Who Support Trump's Rhetoric. Group of Black Thugs Attack White Chicago Man for Voting Trump.

"Nashville" actress Connie Britton spoke for many liberals, seeing imminent persecution of all minorities: "Dear Muslim, Mexican, immigrant, refugee, handicapped, black, gay, female human beings, & also dear Earth...you are not forgotten. Promise."

Former child star Alyssa Milano asked: "Is it possible that this country is more sexist than racist? May God help us all."

For disgusting reactions, there is comedian Jena Friedman, who wailed on Stephen Colbert's Showtime special, "It feels like an asteroid has just smacked into our democracy. ... It is so scary and sad and heartbreaking. And I just wish I could be funny. Get your abortions now."

Or consider the scabrous sex columnist/MTV personality Dan Savage. "Colorado approves assisted suicide," he tweeted. "That's going to come in handy."

Actor John Cusack is a reliable source of spittle: "The fascism is real -what U see is what U get--will be no comforting illusions left to hide in ...look at it with clear steely eyes."

So is Alec Baldwin, whose acidulous "Saturday Night Live" Trump impression apparently failed to persuade people: "The billionaire Republican businessman is close to winning the race and world markets are crashing. He's all yours, America. He's all yours."

Former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Taran Killam exemplified the entertainment elites on Twitter: "Rural = so stupid."

Chris Evans, who plays Captain America in the movies, might want to consider moving to another country. "This is an embarrassing night for America. We've let a hatemonger lead our great nation. We've let a bully set our course. I'm devastated."

Director Judd Apatow yelled at no Trump voter in particular: "You just elected the swamp! You gave the swamp total control. You are a fool. You didn't do the math. Putin celebrates your ignorance."

"West Wing" creator Aaron Sorkin was inconsolable: "Angry young white men who think rap music and Cinco de Mayo are a threat to their way of life (or are the reason for their way of life) have been given cause to celebrate. ... Hate was given hope."

"Scandal" actor Joshua Malina complained: "Somewhere tonight there's a little, racist, narcissistic, woman-hating, Jew-baiting kid who now knows that he can grow up to be President."

Actor/polemicist Dax Shepard: "Dear all my friends, I was wrong. It wasn't a landslide for Hillary." He really had his finger on America's pulse, or so he thought. Or there's Lindsay Lohan, who tweeted "Retweet if you want a recount."

Comedian Patton Oswalt was trying to improve morale with this confusing lesson: "We survived 8 years of Bush. We can survive 2 1/2 years of Trump."