Donald Trump

This makes sense.

What do you think of Carly Fiorina?

I love her !!!! Will someone pick her for the VP ? Assuming she does not get the nomination

Good to hear. Me too.

I hope you're not pulling my leg, I'm not very good at picking up on that. Assuming you're not, I am sort of hoping for VP at least too. Then president. She is very smart, sincere, anti-government interference in everything, anti-crony capitalist, respects people from all walks of life and believes in solving problems not creating them. She needs to be present in the debates, her observations, comments and intelligence will change the course of the discussion throughout the campaign even if she doesn't become a candidate.

I apologize for my previous rudeness.

Damn...is it group hug time?

So let's see, we [ Libertarian, Conservative, Tea Party segments of the Republican Party] have Carly Fiorina and Sarah Palin and Nikki Haley and Mia Love and Susana Martinez and Mary Fallon and Joni Ernst and Deb Fischer and Shelly Moore Capito ...and we are anti-woman?

I did not include Ayotte, Alaska's low life and the progressive from Maine.

A...

Formatting problem solved...

Here is a fairly good analysis of the issues beneath the surface by an expert in political violence:

Donald Trump Speaks to the Silenced Majority of America. Is Anyone Listening?
by Abraham Miller
July 21, 2015
TheBlaze

Miller alluded to the rise of the Nazis a few times and I suppose this was supposed to embed a negative and scary idea in Glenn's public, the one that supports Trump (Glenn does not and is frustrated with his audience about this). However, Miller made some common sense "duh" observations that bear repeating since few are saying them.

From the article:

Trump turned himself into an iconic brand. Are we to assume that Trump has no idea what he is doing?

So, if Trump is such a buffoon, how did he get so rich? If the Huffington Post is such an authoritative source of news, why it is it struggling to survive?

. . .

Yes, he has changed positions. Show us a candidate who has not. Remember Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama on gay marriage? Remember Abraham Lincoln’s position on slavery when he was debating Stephen Douglas in southern Illinois, just north of Kentucky?

. . .

Trump has compelled the media to keep him in the spotlight and in so doing he has taken a leaf out of the propaganda that characterized Europe between the wars. The basic theme of the rise of the dictators was that the truth is what was being hidden from you–the other parties are cloaking the truth in deceptions and euphemisms.

. . .

The chattering classes might follow in lock step, but we can assure you that even before the media surfaced the name of the murderer of our Marines and sailor in Chattanooga, nearly everyone listening to the report of the shooting knew that the shooter’s name was going to be Middle Eastern.

The government is still trying to determine the shooter’s motive, but the common people know the motive. It is the same motive that crashed planes into the World Trade Center, killed innocents at the Boston Marathon, tried to stop a cartoon drawing contest with violence, or daily perpetrates unspeakable horrors that are too graphic to print and require a viewer discretion tag on YouTube.

. . .

You can call illegal aliens the undocumented, but that does not change who they are or give them a right to determine our immigration policy. You can say they are all hardworking people, some of the best people to come to America, but we all know they are generally Mexico’s and Central America’s underclass. Many are illiterate. Some speak indigenous languages, not Spanish.

Mexico is not a poor country. It is 13th in the world in terms of GDP and 11th in the world in terms of purchasing power. Mexico has problems providing opportunity to its citizens. It chooses to fix that by exporting its poverty across the border.

. . .

Generally the Republicans and Democrats are indistinguishable from each other. They choose to dodge the issues that might give offense.

Let us not offend the organized interest groups. Let us just offend the silent, complacent majority.

Let us not protect the small business owners in Ferguson, Missouri. Let us protect the rioters.

Let us not showcase the death of Katie Steinle at the hands of a repeatedly deported illegal who was a seven-time convicted felon, it might offend illegals.

Let us wash the White House in rainbow colors to celebrate the Supreme Court’s decision on gay marriage, but let us not lower the flag for our heroes shot in Chattanooga.

Let us not arm the Marines, but let us tell them not to walk the streets of America in their uniforms.

. . .

The silent majority does not care if Trump stumbles, if his rhetoric is offensive, and if he offends McCain. They see McCain as having betrayed them.

. . .

Not recognized, not yet mobilized, are those groups that have standing, long-lasting claims on the political system as it is. Those groups have been silenced. For them to speak out is now defined as illegitimate. They are seen as a product of an America that needs to be changed or as the more radical identity claimants have said, the America that needs to die off.

The majority of Americans love the political, cultural, and legal integrity of America as it is.

Among the other candidates, no one really speaks for them. They are ripe for mobilization.

For better or worse, Trump, at least, hears them. Do not underestimate what can happen if they become part of a mass movement.

Heh.

Everybody in the mainstream media and elites are underestimating that so far.

Michael

Things just got cute.

Lindsey Graham called Trump a jackass several times.

How did The Donald respond?

He told a tale of how Graham called him a few years ago to asked him for favors, then gave out Graham's phone number as a kind of proof (a kind of "fuck you," actually :smile: ).

Real Clear Politics said Politico called the number and got Lindsay Graham. :smile: See here:

Politico actually got through to Graham by calling the number. This is what he said:

“I wonder what caused that,” Graham told a POLITICO reporter who dialed the number that Trump read. “When it comes to the Donald, nothing surprises me anymore,” he said. “It’s just too bad, really,” he said, that Trump is taking away from a discussion on the Iran deal and more substantive policy issues.

:smile:

Michael

William, a guess is a guess. "zero chance" is blowhard material.

In my case, I thought I was very rational when I gave Obama "slim to none" chances. Does it mean I'm irrational the fact that he won twice? Or I haven't studied the spoor enough to know all the variables? People always surprise me both ways, both smarter and dumber than I give them credit for. I mean, always. Sometimes peoples (ordinary people) intuition seems anti-rational, but people seem to intuit the unknown variables and are right.

I really do not believe Trump wants to be President . I think he wants to be the King maker . I think he wants to shake some stuff up , and boy - is he ever going to do that . I also could care less about polls 16 months before an election. Too much stuff will still happen and events in the future will help determine the race obviously . Zero chance in my view as I do not believe he has any intention of winning the nomination . If I wanted to shake up the 2 party system , and be a king maker - I would do exactly what Trump is doing . I do not see how this is blowhard material .

This makes sense.

What do you think of Carly Fiorina?

I love her !!!! Will someone pick her for the VP ? Assuming she does not get the nomination

Good to hear. Me too.

I hope you're not pulling my leg, I'm not very good at picking up on that. Assuming you're not, I am sort of hoping for VP at least too. Then president. She is very smart, sincere, anti-government interference in everything, anti-crony capitalist, respects people from all walks of life and believes in solving problems not creating them. She needs to be present in the debates, her observations, comments and intelligence will change the course of the discussion throughout the campaign even if she doesn't become a candidate.

I apologize for my previous rudeness.

Don't be silly but thanks nonetheless ! My daughter Kira was reading this thread last night with me and I showed her some comments and she said " what do you expect people to say when you come out and write zero chance ! " I apologize too . I just see the need for Rubio to bring Florida home because we all know that the Republicans really need to win Florida so thats my guess for the nominee . Bush- Carly could be ideal too but it sure won't be .... ( thats for you MSK ) loll

This is from last night.

Trump was a bit more subdued with O'Reilly than with others, but I get the feeling he was observing some agreed-on conditions. He certainly doesn't fear O'Reilly. I think he let O'Reilly keep to a strongly differing opinion about McCain without much comment so that Fox stays good with McCain. But he looked like he was holding himself back on purpose, chomping at a bit. He didn't look like he was intimidated. Nope. Not at all.

Besides, he's the viewer draw for the first debate on Fox and everyone knows it.

Michael

Smart daughter--and I bet she figured you out a long time ago, too. ('There he goes again!')

--Brant

Hahshahh !!!! She figured me out the day she was born !!!!!!!

Yet , on another note , I am not sure if you noticed Apple stock down 7% after hours . Just saying . These things jump up sometimes pre earnings then reverse to the base that you spoke about and then either solidify and test upper limits or get smacked through the resistance .

Donald Trump made a Facebook post about an hour ago.

I made a comment to that post and people started liking it like crazy.

Here is a screenshot.

07.21.2015-12.28.png

I don't know these people from Adam (not our Adam, I mean the one in the saying :smile: ). And here are comments people made on my post. Notice that this screenshot is 2 minutes later than the one above (which I needed for image preparation) and there is already a bump in the number of likes.

07.21.2015-12.30.png

This is not about me.

I spoke about something that lots of people are feeling.

Michael

Hey man , that is telling in all seriousness . Lots of likes which obviously tap into what good folks are thinking across the nation .

That being said , I have no doubt that Trump will continue to get support among 65 year old white retired men in the northeast . No doubt on that .

Smart daughter--and I bet she figured you out a long time ago, too. ('There he goes again!')

--Brant

Yet , on another note , I am not sure if you noticed Apple stock down 7% after hours . Just saying . These things jump up sometimes pre earnings then reverse to the base that you spoke about and then either solidify and test upper limits or get smacked through the resistance .

You would have shorted into earnings? I don't play around with earnings. A man's got to know his limitations. A pre-earnings ramp up is common. I'm not food for the algo boys.

--Brant

let's kill this discussion--no one's in a trade here anyway

--Brant

You would have shorted into earnings? I don't play around with earnings. A man's got to know his limitations. A pre-earnings ramp up is common. I'm not food for the algo boys.

--Brant

let's kill this discussion--no one's in a trade here anyway

hahahah , agreed but "buy on rumour , sell on news " , right ? When you start to study spreads and straddles you can have some great fun shorting or long into the earnings . Agreed about stocks here though , sorry folks

That being said , I have no doubt that Trump will continue to get support among 65 year old white retired men in the northeast . No doubt on that .

Marc,

I'll try not to burn the feathers for ya'...

Michael

Will you look at this?

Will you just look at this?

I just got in and checked Facebook account. I got over 300 likes so far and there are still people liking it. Interestingly, most people doing the liking are female, but it seems not by much. Lots of males, too

However...

I did get a new comment on my post. (The guy, Bob Peterson, sounds like a great guy.) Here it is verbatim:

I agree with you Michael. I am 72 and plan to actively work for Trump... the first time I really felt like doing so!

Fuck me...

Michael

Gotta love Sarah Palin !!!!!!

I have the good fortune of knowing both John McCain and Donald Trump well. Both men have more in common than the today's media hype would have you believe. Both blazed trails in their careers and love our great nation. Sen. McCain dedicated his life to serving our country, and in my humble opinion the sacrifices made by all ethical service members are heroic – putting it all on the line to defend freedom IS heroic – and Donald Trump is a hero in another arena. Trump is the candidate giving voice to untold millions of fed-up Americans witnessing a purposeful destruction of our economy and the equal opportunity for success that made America exceptional. We're watching career politicians throw away our kids' future through bankrupting public budgets and ripping open our porous borders which, obvious to all us non-politicians, puts us at great risk. Everywhere I go, hard-working patriotic Americans – not "crazies" or "wacko birds" – ask me to pass on to Mr. Trump encouragement to keep educating the masses about true ramifications of illegal immigration, and in general the real state of our union. I encourage both leaders to resolve the media driven wedge between them, and we can keep the debate focused on significant issues at hand. I leave politics of personal destruction to those on the Left and lazy media lapdogs whose only take away from any debate is any salacious slip-up, as if they've never wanted to restate something they've publicly uttered. I'll fight the exhausting, divisive strategy that's taken hold under the current crop of politicians who refuse to allow our United States to unite. Both Mr. Trump and Sen. McCain can contribute their gifts and talents to join that fight to work together, because the Left is headed the other direction, and under their desired division we will fall.

- Sarah Palin

11742673_10153501964628588_7919991124810

From the site Cooks.com, some suggestions. I don't think anyone will go for the jokey manure crust idea, quoth the Raven.

1. CROW CASSEROLE
In skillet brown the crow breasts, then place ... another layer of sauerkraut and pour sauerkraut juice over it. Bake two hours in oven heated to 350 degrees.
Ingredients: 4 (bacon .. breasts .. onion ...)

2. FAMOUS KENTUCKY CROW
Mix one cup Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon with ... manure crust and remove crow. Throw crow away. Serve manure with LARGE shot of Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon.
Ingredients: 3 (bourbon .. crow .. manure)

3. HERB'S CROW HASH
Skin the crows. Cut away ... broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Thicken with flour. Serve over rice or toast. Serves 4.
Ingredients: 14 (broth .. crows .. flour .. leaf .. lemon .. mushrooms ...)

If it happens that you come up to the Vancouver area to cook for Marc and me, take inspiration from Japanese tradition: Areas in Japan’s Ibaraki Prefecture working to protect custom of eating crow ... and also remember that you cannot cross the border with your guns or wildlife (or deadlife). We will have to probably have to catch dinner by hand or slingshot or pellet gun, so be advised.

dscf45791.jpg?w=580&h=435

Love this lady. Class all the way.

Everywhere I go, hard-working patriotic Americans – not "crazies" or "wacko birds" – ask me to pass on to Mr. Trump encouragement to keep educating the masses about true ramifications of illegal immigration, and in general the real state of our union. I encourage both leaders to resolve the media driven wedge between them, and we can keep the debate focused on significant issues at hand. I leave politics of personal destruction to those on the Left and lazy media lapdogs whose only take away from any debate is any salacious slip-up, as if they've never wanted to restate something they've publicly uttered. I'll fight the exhausting, divisive strategy that's taken hold under the current crop of politicians who refuse to allow our United States to unite. Both Mr. Trump and Sen. McCain can contribute their gifts and talents to join that fight to work together, because the Left is headed the other direction, and under their desired division we will fall.

Thank you Marc.

800px-Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jp

Love this lady. Class all the way.

Everywhere I go, hard-working patriotic Americans – not "crazies" or "wacko birds" – ask me to pass on to Mr. Trump encouragement to keep educating the masses about true ramifications of illegal immigration, and in general the real state of our union. I encourage both leaders to resolve the media driven wedge between them, and we can keep the debate focused on significant issues at hand. I leave politics of personal destruction to those on the Left and lazy media lapdogs whose only take away from any debate is any salacious slip-up, as if they've never wanted to restate something they've publicly uttered. I'll fight the exhausting, divisive strategy that's taken hold under the current crop of politicians who refuse to allow our United States to unite. Both Mr. Trump and Sen. McCain can contribute their gifts and talents to join that fight to work together, because the Left is headed the other direction, and under their desired division we will fall.

Thank you Marc.

800px-Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jp

Damn , the Sarah and Donald show for the 3rd party would really shake things up in my estimation and bring that 3rd party into the game . Would love to see that !

Anyway Justin Trudeau vs Harper - this is the real question folks !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a helluva great image concept-wise.

Michael

About as Randian looking as I could ever want!

Nice find Michael.

A...

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.

Who said that? Was it Donald Trump or Dr. Seuss?

Michael wrote: That's a helluva great image concept-wise. end quote

If Trump were a fictional character I suppose he would be better liked by free enterprise, reasoning, Constitutionalists like the fans of Ayn Rand, so I am still waiting for Trump's platform. Usually, we don't expect a candidate's platform so soon, because those are usually put on a web site right around the time of the first primaries. And The Party puts out a platform every four years during the convention - but in this case Trump is so radically different . . . and unknown . . . we cannot rely on the beliefs of past conservatives to identify the deeply held beliefs of Donald Trump.

Admit it. He is full of surprises. I was no political fan of John McCain and I thought he ran a defeatist campaign against Obama but Trump's vindictiveness and vitriol came as a surprise. I hope he does not garner too many supporters who will become disillusioned as they begin to know more about him. If the majority of potential voters think Trump has little chance then why support him SERIOUSLY? It would be better to put your time to supporting Rand Paul (or Ted Cruz?)

As a few have mentioned, being such a maverick may be damaging the chances of all other Republican candidates in the presidential election but it would be worse if Trump pulled a Ross Perot, ran as a third party candidate, and guaranteed an Old Hickory Clinton win.

That's a helluva great image concept-wise.

Michael

About as Randian looking as I could ever want!

Nice find Michael.

A...

Not "Randian looking" as I imagine. "Randian looking" has a basic air of relaxation about it, like a cat.

--Brant

Not "Randian looking" as I imagine. "Randian looking" has a basic air of relaxation about it, like a cat.

Brant,

It's Trump, not Roark.

The fact that it made you think of Roark on a gut level and make a mental comparison shows it is plenty Randian enough.

Michael

Not me, Jose. It was Adam who saw Roark. :laugh:

--Brant

I saw an overly stuffed turkey :tongue:

And The Party puts out a platform every four years during the convention - but in this case Trump is so radically different . . . and unknown . . . we cannot rely on the beliefs of past conservatives to identify the deeply held beliefs of Donald Trump.

Admit it. He is full of surprises.

Peter,

I admit it.

Think about what you are saying though. You want a platform. I dare you (or anybody) to look a the campaign platform of any president in the last 50 years or more and see how it lines up to the reality of what they did in office. Even Reagan said he was for small government, but expanded government.

Is that what you really want? A platform?

I am a person who looks a what a person says and what he does and I tend to go with the latter. Politics in America has become so mucked up and manipulative with behavioral scientists and technocrats pulling strings behind the scenes, people believe we live in a world where only words matter.

So what does Trump do?

He builds things.

He stands up to bullies, even friggen' lynch mobs.

He wins.

Did he do some shady stuff building his things? Did he donate to Hillary, etc.? Yup. But, in general, look at who he had to deal with. Do you see any morally pristine characters in public life that he could have chosen for his permits, etc., instead? I don't. He simply said he wanted XXX done, he found who he needed to get on board and who he needed to get out of the way, and he built things.

That, to me, is his greatest platform.

I believe in his productive character.

And I believe, as a politician, he will do whatever it takes to get shit done, and get it done right. I also believe he has the discernment to know when something is right and when it is really lopsided. Trump is a merit-person, not a political animal. He is wedded to competence and excellence as a top value and virtue.

I don't expect Trump to be a philosopher or a consistent word-smith. Philosophy-wise and ideology-wise, I expect him to be common-sense oriented.

So on typical political issues, I expect him to use his common sense to the best of his ability. That's why I am not worried about specific issues.

I expect him to make mistakes and I expect to disagree with him at times, too. But I expect him to build good shit. I expect him to surround himself with the best America has to offer in talent. I expect him to shoot straight with the public. And I expect him to slap down bullies, then later get most of them on board with him through his charm and deal-making. Not Obama-style stab-you-in-the-back stealth mode deal-making, either. Trump goes for win-win.

Does he say some stupid crap at times? Yup.

I don't care.

I say stupid crap at times, too. As does everybody.

Between what he says and what he does, I'll go with what he does.

Michael

Well said. I will watch what he says and does without hoping for a foot in - mouth dilemma. I know it is easy to be swayed into a pffft, what a buffoon, position by the left wing propagandists and I wont fall for that.

And I understand that anyone dealing with the federal, state, or municipal governments is going to try to bend their will to get things done. As long as he is bending the Government's will and not bending his principles then doing business in America need not be a slippery slope. Nor does running for office need to be compromising BS and feel good soundbites. I think that would be Karl Rove's method of winning office but it need not be Trump's or Rand Paul;s. I just think Trump is unnecessarily alienating some potential voters.

I agree that platforms are rarely followed BUT slogans are. How about some slogans from Trump instead? How about No Trump! Or trumps a verb but Trumps a head of hair? Just kidding. Slogans could tell the voters his philosophy and what he will after being elected. He just needs a lot of slogans if he is not willing to put out any position papers.

54 - 40 or fight. No new taxes. That backfired. Change. That means nothing. Are You Better Off Than You Were Four Years Ago? It's the Economy, Stupid. Don't Swap Horses in Midstream Lincoln. Happy Days Are Here Again FDR. Give Em Hell, Harry. I Like Ike.

My favorite is, Its morning in America. That is truly great. What could also be great is a Republican convention with Trump. The Donald is in the building. If he makes politics fun then go for it.