Trump humor

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
On 2/17/2017 at 9:59 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's so odd to see an entire industry (the press) commit suicide in real time.

This ain't going away.

Shepard Smith, despite his suicide note, is still alive, and on Fox. When should we expect his voice to be extinguished?  I mean, I love the idea of Enemy of the American People. So simple and useful. I expect a kind of Trump Death List to tabulate the purge-by-suicide.  

:rolleyes:

In Russia and Turkey under the autocratic leadership of Putin and Erdogan, the 'bad press' was killed off by fair means and foul.  Much harsher in Turkey, via incarceration of journalists and actual state-directed purges of editorial offices. In Russia the apparatus of control was ownership.  The state sector expanded, eating up everything but Rain TV. 

Interestingly if not funny, Bloomberg ran a sassy story about how Russian media were read a new line this week, in light of the hoopla out of the USA, with the enemy press still active, still potent enough to force Flynn's firing. The new line is "less slavish coverage of Donald Trump. The White House has said some harsh things about Russia lately, we may not count on a new era just yet. Get back to giving Putin more space than Trump."  Which is funny, and makes the Russians out to be 'betrayed.'

Since there was a real Russian feeling that the Trump election would clear away American sanctions and other penalties and help Russia out of its post-Crimea isolation, there is likely real disappointment at the recent tone of official remarks and especially the loss of Flynn; I think over the next four years  there will come a fresh detente, however.  I think Trump will push for this as good strategy (despite Russia's freedom defects), and I think Bannon will do his level best to influence the President that Russia must be an ally in 'civilizational war' ... back to a more Christian and nationalist Europe confronting an Islamic menace together.

Back to the mass suicide of enemy media ...

I figure that the US 'media freedom' is only set to grow. No Putin-Erdogan arrangements of the media landscape are possible, such is the granite fundament of the Constitution.  A President can designate a media outlet or two or the whole landscape as 'enemy' to the people, and use mass rallies or demand prime time to speak directly to the widest audience possible.

In this kind of persuasive appeal, in a perfect world, it would be the singular will of the executive that a thorough purge and seizure of means of dissemination occur (despite constitutional obstacles). A singular will, a powerful executive, a state policy directive, relies on power not exactly spelled out on paper, and may not be subject to effective constraints. 

Gently, with only  a few murders, by 'soft' means in supine legislatures, compliant judicial and prosecuting bodies, abusive investigation and financial decapitation.  That's the Putin way. Erdogan's way is much more titanic and consequential, with a harsher repression. But guess what? Turkey is in NATO, a US ally and nobody bitched out Erdogan in the latter days of Obama! If Turkey can be 'unfree' by US standards and not thoroughly sanctioned, why not Russia?  If traitor media cannot be trusted to communicate 'The Correct News' ...

To my mind anyway, a presidential insistence that media blobs A to E are enemies of [the people/the state] is as much blown hot air as the hoopla from the media aisles.  It is theatrical, rhetorical and perfectly effective in persuading supporters and doubters that he will fight like hell to speak unmediated. But as far as any re-ordering of the landscape on lines from Russia and Turkey, that is just not going to happen. If anything, the designated enemy will 'harden' and become a more determined and entrenched foe.

The American brilliance is in its stern protection of essential freedoms. Freedom of the press trumps any attempt to dampen its activities or effects.  

I think in the short term, the President should carefully purge all ideological foes from the positions he controls in the government, enjoy his near-regal powers with more serenity and assurance.  I mean, aside from an election-style rally now and again.

The only funny thing would be him repeating such spin-tastic howlers as The Travel Ban Roll-Out Was Perfect.

14 hours ago, Peter said:

I tried to find the country of origin for that Apple ipad seven commercial and the net is rigged so you can't. What low life pieces of shit. The people look vaguely eastern European and there is yodeling in the commercial. What country is that?

Let me try to get clarity where there is fog in your mind. Eastern European is vaguely Russia and the Slavic-Baltic and Caucasians from the Caucasus, mixed polities like Macedonia and its neighbours. 

Let's try to un-rig the internets, with search phrase "apple iphone 7 commercials."  That gives links to news of new Apple ads -- two with a focus on a portrait-mode feature of iPhone 7, of a total of four new ads released in one week. It also returns a couple of Youtube videos from the official Apple channel, following which we can arrive at all their videos, and guess which one snagged Peter's inquiring mind.

I think it is this, from roughly a month ago:

-- now, "vaguely eastern European" can be whittled down.  What language are they speaking?  I am pretty sure it is Greek. I watched for other signs and symbols of Greece, including particular religious signs. The first clear sign was a cleric with Orthodox headgear, the clearest was this moment, at 0:44 ...

koypeion.png

That is all I need to figure out to be reasonably certain this is a Greek fishing village. But I can still look further, starting with search term "Where did Apple shoot its Greek iphone 7 commercial?" or simply search "Koypeion."  The latter returns a query page at Reddit, which confirms Greek/Greece: 

New Apple ad. what language they speak? : apple - Reddit

Jan 7, 2017 - The barbershop says Koypeion on the window which google tells me is Greek. Edit: missed opportunity for subtle "it's all Greek to me".

( -- the  yodeling in the commercial is described in its English closed captions as "Pame Sti Honolulu" performed by "Bezos's Hawaiian Orchestra." Who the hell is Bezos?  Is this Pizzagate cracking wide open ...

I found the full ukulele and steel guitar rampage, set to classic locales; Greeks too were entranced by Hawaiian music when it swept the world. The song was recorded in 1936: )

.Back to the theme of Peter's ire: Those lowlife pieces of shit who stood between him and the internet information he required. I got nothing on that.

Edited by william.scherk
Added longer video ...

William wrote: ( -- the  yodeling in the commercial is described in its English closed captions as "Pame Sti Honolulu" performed by "Bezos's Hawaiian Orchestra." Who the hell is Bezos? . . . . end quote

So the Greeks stole Hawaiian music and Swiss yodeling? Is that subliminal seduction? The cads! Thank you William. It just irked me, like it does if you try to find out who the narrator is on a particular commercial. It sounds like Tim The Tool Guy or George Clooney. Dang it, I know it is one or the other. If you type in the key words like “Campbell’s” “Soup” “Red” it should take you to tomato soup. On the replay of the Greek commercial I noticed some of the rhythm and notes from, “Never on Sunday.”

Peter

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Shepard Smith, despite his suicide note, is still alive, and on Fox. When should we expect his voice to be extinguished?

William,

The very next day on Fox after Shepard did his meltdown, Harris Faulkner substituted for him on his show. I only caught that by accident as I was flipping through channels at the time. When I saw her, I decided to watch it a bit.

She spent the entire hour gushing about President Trump.

:) 

I don't know if that means anything, but that does not sound like a substitute Shepard would choose if he had a free choice in the matter. Normally, a Fox substitute sings the regular host's line.

I await Shepard's invitation from CNN or MSNBC with more certainty than I want to feel.

Or, maybe they will keep him around as a token anti-Trumper. The nasty voices out there say Fox is afraid of an anti-discrimination suit if they let him go.

As for me, I don't mind him being there.

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

So the Greeks stole Hawaiian music and Swiss yodeling?

Of-Age Hawaiian music was a potent source of creativity, with its own source of 'yodel'ish falsetto glottal traditions, and it had worldwide impact, as so many American musical-blend inventions do. It is so neat how Bezos combined sources.

From brief inquiry, it seems the 'yodel' has been continuously reinvented since time immemorial, into and out of folk traditions. Look up 'yodeling cowboy' and or/and 'son huasteco' and the effect of Hawaiian music on 'country' music earlier last century (and vice versa -- where did that steel guitar come from, hmmm).  The Greek guy in the recording took it to heart and married it to 'eastern European' tradition.  

Hawaiian Falsetto: 

From the explanatory remarks to the video above:

In Hawaiian-style falsetto, the singer emphasizes the break between registers. Sometimes the singer exaggerates the break through repetition, as a yodel. As with other aspects of Hawaiian music, falsetto developed from a combination of sources, including pre-European Hawaiian chanting, early Christian hymn singing and the songs and yodeling of immigrant cowboys during the Kamehameha Reign in the 1800's when cowboys were brought from Mexico to teach Hawaiians how to care for cattle. Falsetto may have been a natural and comfortable vocal technique for early Hawaiians, since a similar break between registers called "ha'iha'i", is used as an ornament in some traditional chanting styles.
The singer featured here (a man!) is one of the most famous Hawaiian falsettos and he plays with his voice in a remarkable manner.

I am always on standby to offer Google-fu to OLers in need.  One day, Peter, I will succeed in bringing you into the HTML age with your first copy-paste of a URL!

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

The American brilliance is in its stern protection of essential freedoms. Freedom of the press trumps any attempt to dampen its activities or effects.

William,

I find it interesting that you have only seen the "media suicide" in political terms that can only be called "media murder" by the state. What on earth would lead you to believe I would find that good?

So, to be clear, I am talking about media suicide by the media losing their audience and influence on the free market.

Notice that as they weaken, alternative media on the Internet is blowing through the roof.

I'm sure there will always be legacy media. When I say suicide for them, I don't mean they will go out of existence (although they might). I mean them evolving to have the same media influence as, say, Ronan Farrow or Chelsea Clinton achieved in their respective attempts.

If the legacy media keeps on providing the volume of fake news they have recently been serving up, lackluster mediocrity and obscurity are their future. As to a strong man shutting them down, even if that were acceptable, why would he bother when the media is committing suicide all on its own with such zest? 

Here's a quote from Trump's recent presser for inspiration:

... I'm having a good time. Tomorrow, they will say, Donald Trump rants and raves at the press. I'm not ranting and raving. I'm telling you you're dishonest people... 

Michael

Thanks again William.

And I want to congratulate my wife because a week ago she said the people in the commercial were Greek but I did not pay her any heed. I thought the water looked like “higher lake water” and not from a sea around Greece.  

I would like to put a plug in for that hefty Hawaiian guy singing, “Somewhere Over The Rainbow.” It is exquisite. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole – Over The Rainbow & What A Wonderful World – 1993.

I asked a relative of his, “What is he saying at the end?”

And he answered, “He is just riffing, Peter.”

Peter Taylor, Radford High School, Honolulu Hawaii, class of 1965. Hawaiian at heart.    

I don't like that Milo one bit. He has a grain of truth, in that boys when boys reach puberty they become horn dogs . . .  but I think statutory laws should stay in affect, especially for females. Great Caesar's ghost but I remember getting the hots for my friend's moms. I will now say 100 Hail Mary's.     

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 5:15 PM @realDonaldTrump - The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People! 4:48 PM - 17 Feb 2017

Who’s the cat who won’t cop out when there’s trouble all about? Shaft. Right on.

By golly Trump is reading and being influenced by my posts on OL. Honest.

Peter

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I don't like that Milo one bit. He has a grain of truth, in that boys when boys reach puberty they become horn dogs . . .  but I think statutory laws should stay in affect, especially for females. Great Caesar's ghost but I remember getting the hots for my friend's moms. I will now say 100 Hail Mary's.

Peter,

One thing a politician does a lot is say something outrageous, then when caught, he says, "I was just joking."

And everybody goes, yeah, right...

Milo does it a bit differently and he's not making a lame excuse. Like you noticed, he always includes a core of truth when he baits someone. Milo purposely stomps on a liberal's trigger point as his schtick. Half (or more) of what he says when he does that is not what he truly believes. I mean, come on... Feminists are cranky because they don't have orgasms? He actually said that in public and you should have seen the response. :) 

But the thing is, liberals take the bait every single time. It's a kneejerk and they can't help themselves. Milo even tells them to their faces what he is doing (like he did with Bill Maher) and he can still trigger a professional comedian (Larry Wilmore) to pout like mid-schooler and say, "Fuck you."

Do you know what Wilmore's pout was about at that moment? One of Wilmore's putdowns about Milo didn't get traction, then Milo told Maher he needed to get guests on with higher IQ's to keep the show from being boring (or something like that). Schoolyard shit. And Wilmore reacted just like he was 13 years old in a schoolyard. It was a glorious thing to see. :) 

The liberals, poor things, can't help it.

Milo is making a career out of it. His audience knows what he is doing, too. And they invite him to CPAC because of it. (And the liberals are going to howl about racism, anti-semitism, etc., which is exactly what Milo and his fans want. Nobody believes it at root and the liberals will watch their Great Shrinking Party continue to be discredited.)

What's worse, the baiting works almost 100% of the time with liberals. There's even a slang for it: triggering. (Liberals can't stand that word, too. :) )

That's a cautionary tale for liberals. That's the danger of being brainwashed with "narrative" to control others instead of being taught to use one's own eyes and ears to deal with reality.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 5:15 PM @realDonaldTrump - The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People! 4:48 PM - 17 Feb 2017

Who’s the cat who won’t cop out when there’s trouble all about? Shaft. Right on.

By golly Trump is reading and being influenced by my posts on OL. Honest.

Peter,

I should not put this in Trump Humor, but it's exactly what a bully looks like whining after he has been popped in the nose unexpectedly. I only watched this video up through part of Carl Bernstein's talk (where he said Trump's statement wasn't just Nixonian, it was far worse than Nixon :) ), but Brian Stelter... well... I have to go street. He whines like a little bitch.

Now get this. He whines about the term "fake news." The problem is, he and others in the elitist crony corporate media are the ones who started a repetition campaign with the term "fake news" when they were aiming it at Steve Bannon, Infowars, and so on. And all during this campaign, they were making up shit about Trump and his peeps and publishing it as if it were fact. And they kept on and on and on until one day, Trump told them to their faces, "You are fake news."

Oh... (fastidious pose)... oh... the outrage!!!!... 

Reality's a bitch because this term took and stuck to them like stink on shit. Talk about a linguistic kill shot (to use Scott Adams's term). This was a case where Trump did not come up with the kill shot, but he made it stick to them like superglue knowing how to wait for the right moment. He let them hang themselves with their own rope conceptually, then boom! He shot them with the label. Perfect timing.

Now he's hit them with another (enemy of the American people). And it's taking... And I couldn't be happier. 

Anyway, if there is more on this video than bullies whining, sorry about that. I didn't listen to the rest. After all the people Stelter has defamed with bullshit, it's just too precious even for my highly attuned sense of irony to see him pouting because he got slapped back hard and it hurts. :) 

I actually got this from RCP Video: CNN's Brian Stelter: 'Fake News' Label Is Verbal "Poison"

I should find it satisfying, but whining gets old after a couple of minutes. And this thing goes on longer.

Michael

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

There's even a slang for it: triggering.

Dayaamm!

It looks like they're triggering Milo.

But even triggered, he comes out swinging in satire:

A note for idiots (UPDATED):

btw - It seems like the video has been doctored a lot. I don't know with 100% certainty without comparing against the raw footage, but I've followed Milo for some time and his views have always been clear. The doctored video, if taken literally or as framed, doesn't sound anything like his beliefs. That indicates to me this was more fake news by anti-Trump folks--but conservatives this time.

Michael

EDIT: Milo messed with his post and it truncated in the quote above. So here is the text:

A note for idiots (UPDATED):

I do not support pedophilia. Period. It is a vile and disgusting crime, perhaps the very worst. There are selectively edited videos doing the rounds, as part of a co-ordinated effort to discredit me from establishment Republicans, that suggest I am soft on the subject.

If it somehow comes across (through my own sloppy phrasing or through deceptive editing) that I meant any of the ugly things alleged, let me set the record straight: I am completely disgusted by the abuse of children.

Some facts to consider:

1. I have outed THREE pedophiles in my career as a journalist. That's three more than any of my critics and a peculiar strategy for a supposed pedophile apologist.

(a) Luke Bozier, former business partner of Louise Mensch 
http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/…/menshn-co-founder-embroile…/
http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/…/…/3746/luke-bozier-arrested/

(b) Nicholas Nyberg, anti-GamerGate activist who self-described as a pedophile and white nationalist 
http://www.breitbart.com/…/leading-gamergate-critic-sarah-…/

(c) Chris Leydon, a London photographer who has a rape trial starting March 13 thanks to my reporting. 
http://www.breitbart.com/…/tech-city-darling-chris-leydon-…/

2. I have repeatedly expressed disgust at pedophiles in my journalism. 
http://www.breitbart.com/…/heres-why-the-progressive-left-…/

3. I have never defended and would never defend child abusers, as my reporting history shows. The world is messy and complicated, and I recognize it as such, as this furore demonstrates. But that is a red line for any decent person.

4. The videos do not show what people say they show. I *did* joke about giving better head as a result of clerical sexual abuse committed against me when I was a teen. If I choose to deal in an edgy way on an internet livestream with a crime I was the victim of that's my prerogative. It's no different to gallows humor from AIDS sufferers.

5. National Review, whose journalists are tweeting about this, published an article defending Salon for giving a pedophile a platform.

6. I did say that there are relationships between younger men and older men that can help a young gay man escape from a lack of support or understanding at home. That's perfectly true and every gay man knows it. But I was not talking about anything illegal and I was not referring to pre-pubescent boys.

7. I said in the same "Drunken Peasants" podcast from which the footage is taken that I agree with the current age of consent.

8. I shouldn't have used the word "boy" when I talked about those relationships between older men and younger gay men. (I was talking about my own relationship when I was 17 with a man who was 29. The age of consent in the UK is 16.) That was a mistake. Gay men often use the word "boy" when they refer to consenting adults. I understand that heterosexual people might not know that, so it was a sloppy choice of words that I regret.

9. This rush to judgment from establishment conservatives who hate Trump as much as they hate me, before I have had any chance to provide context or a response, is one of the big reasons gays vote Democrat.

10. In case there is any lingering doubt, here's me, in the same interview the other footage is taken from, affirming that the current legal age of consent is about right: "And I think the law is probably about right. It's probably roughly the right age. I think it's probably about ok. But there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age. I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who were sexually active younger. I think it particularly happens in the gay world, by the way."

Menshn co-founder embroiled in sex scandal

The uptight National Review crowd is going to guarantee that this is going to be a fun ride.

Michael

Michael worfed: I don't know with 100% certainty without comparing against the raw footage, but I've followed Milo for some time and his views have always been clear. The doctored video, if taken literally or as framed, doesn't sound anything like his beliefs. end quote

It would not be honorable, Deanna, to ignore this. I will cut them in two with my batlith. You will care for my son Alexander if I do not survive. No one should doctor a video and get away with it. I have one more question Deanna Troi. In his thoughts . . . is Milo a female? Grrrrr!@my place.

Peter

Peter,

The post above your post above has an addition. Milo edited his post on Facebook and that truncated the quote. So I published the full text. I want to repeat one comment from Milo's post, though: "National Review, whose journalists are tweeting about this, published an article defending Salon for giving a pedophile a platform."

This is why I said:

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The uptight National Review crowd is going to guarantee that this is going to be a fun ride.

And, for the record, here is what National Review (Charles Cooke) had to say in Sept. 2015 about Salon's piece on the pedophile dude:

On Salon’s Much-Maligned Pedophilia Piece

And continuing for the record, Milo works for Breitbart. Steve Bannon is his mentor. Here's what Breitbart had to say about the same thing (in fact, it was Milo himself in Sept. 2015):

Here’s Why the Progressive Left Keeps Sticking Up for Pedophiles

The National Review crowd has one thing they do better than the left: blatant hypocrisy. You know why?

They are either globalist elitists or are in the pocket of globalist elitists. They only talk freedom. Their thing is power.

And, believe me, they want their power back so they can weaken and ultimately destroy the US with Endless War for Profit and feather their own nests in the new way things turn out.

(btw - The Pizzagate pedophilia thing involving the rich and powerful ain't going away. Arrests are being made--over 1,500 so far according to David Seaman--but the mainstream press is not reporting on it. I wonder how many among the National Review crowd are going to get caught up in this. Does anyone really believe Hastert was a lone fluke and had no "special friends" in high places? These National Review people and their cohorts who are screaming "pedophile" at Milo don't realize how discredited they are going to be when things come out...)

Michael

Michael asked: Doth I worf? end quote

I enjoy the way Worf speaks overly proper English with few contractions. The Klingon culture is an odd mixture of honor, the warrior’s code, and hedonism. Let me doctor your lines for The Worf and Alexander spinoff, to be shown at 9pm on Showtime.

Welcome to the Worf and Alexander Show.

Father, we have a conspiracy on our hands that could be a direct threat to the security of the Constitution.

Have you ever seen death, Alexander? (Alexander shakes his head) Then look - and always remember. I don't know with 100% certainty without comparing against the raw footage, but I've followed Milo for some time and his views have always been clear. As Head of Security, it is my duty to be... concerned. The doctored video, if taken literally or as framed, doesn't sound anything like his beliefs. So, whenever I run into false news I grab my bat’leth. I do not think of it as a weapon. I make it part of my hand - part of my arm. Make it part of you. We will destroy them. Each member of the Propaganda Press Core has shared in that lie. They will not be so willing to admit their own dishonor. But the day will come when I . . . (Worf raises the bat’leth) . . . convince them to speak the truth about Milo.

More on Milo and, unfortunately, it's no longer funny.

The smear campaign worked and Milo is disinvited from CPAC. Milo's demeanor of being outrageous all the time didn't help. But, in my view, it's just a blip on a brilliant career.

Here's what Milo just said:

Here's the full text just in case something happens with the Facebook post:

I am a gay man, and a child abuse victim.

I would like to restate my utter disgust at adults who sexually abuse minors. I am horrified by pedophilia and I have devoted large portions of my career as a journalist to exposing child abusers. I've outed three of them, in fact -- three more than most of my critics. And I've repeatedly expressed disgust at pedophilia in my feature and opinion writing. My professional record is very clear.

But I do understand that these videos, even though some of them are edited deceptively, paint a different picture.

I'm partly to blame. My own experiences as a victim led me to believe I could say anything I wanted to on this subject, no matter how outrageous. But I understand that my usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor might have come across as flippancy, a lack of care for other victims or, worse, "advocacy." I deeply regret that. People deal with things from their past in different ways.

As to some of the specific claims being made, sometimes things tumble out of your mouth on these long, late-night live-streams, when everyone is spit-balling, that are incompletely expressed or not what you intended. Nonetheless, I've reviewed the tapes that appeared last night in their proper full context and I don't believe they say what is being reported.

I do not advocate for illegal behavior. I explicitly say on the tapes that I think the current age of consent is "about right."

I do not believe sex with 13-year-olds is okay. When I mentioned the number 13, I was talking about the age I lost my own virginity.

I shouldn't have used the word "boy" -- which gay men often do to describe young men of consenting age -- instead of "young man." That was an error.

I am certainly guilty of imprecise language, which I regret.

Anyone who suggests I turn a blind eye to illegal activity or to the abuse of minors is unequivocally wrong. I am implacably opposed to the normalization of pedophilia and I will continue to report and speak accordingly.

Previous statement: https://www.facebook.com/myiannopoulos/posts/851263248344905

And that's where it is right now.

EDIT: For the sake of objectivity, the transcript of what Milo said on the "video making the rounds" is here. I don't know when he said that, but he sure stuck his foot in his mouth.

Milo was abused when he was young so I think he was refusing to play victim in his over-the-top manner. I have never seen him advocate for lowering the age of consent laws, or relaxing legal penalties on pedophiles, or anything like that. On the contrary, I have seen him be harsh on pedophiles. So his comment comes off as a one-off instance of provocative banter rather than an admission of belief. And he has said--emphatically--he regrets those words. Whatever. It is what it was and he is paying the price for it. 

Michael

> A Harley Biker is riding by the zoo in Washington, DC when

> he

> sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.

> Suddenly, the lion grabs her by

> the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to

> slaughter her, under

> the eyes of her screaming parents.

> 

> The biker jumps off his Harley, runs

> to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a

> powerful

> punch.

> Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of

> the girl,

> and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who

> thank him

> endlessly.

> 

> A reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter

> addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the

> most gallant and bravest

> thing I've seen a man do in my whole life. The Harley

> rider replies, 'Why, it

> was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw

> this little kid in

> danger, and acted as I felt right.'

> The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure

> this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know,

> and tomorrow's paper will

> have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a

> living, and what

> political affiliation do you have?'

> The biker replies "I'm a U.S. Marine, a

> Republican and I’m voting for Trump". The journalist

> leaves.

> 

> The

> following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it

> indeed brings news of

> his actions, and reads, on the front page:

> U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN

> IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH

Sorry about conflating Milo and Worf, and Michael and then Worf thinking about Milo in an inappropriate manner. Not good.

I hope this Milo guy stops acting like Miley Cyrus and acts more like a serious conservative or libertarian. My beef is that flashy gay men sound like they are putting on an act for the cameras. They are in a "Bird Cage." They are never "themselves." Just like with Goths it is a plea to look at them. Please look at me. See me act like a trashy idiot.    

Peter

Here's a video by a guy, Jeff Holiday, who goes into the whole Milo thing from a very objective frame of mind.

I'm in agreement with about 95% of what Holiday says. One of the reasons I'm putting it here is because he gives the interview videos in their context and he's extremely fair, both pro and con.

The only place I disagree with him openly is the obligation to call the police if you are at a party and see something bad. Morally, I believe it is a good thing to do if you can protect a child, but there are contexts and contexts.

I, myself, haven't seen child abuse up close, but I have known two people in two different business contexts who had the reputation of being pedophiles. (One was a famous US singer who toured Brazil.) Back then I thought they were creepy and kept my distance. Seeing that everyone around them was into drugs and all kinds of illegal things right there in front of me, it just never occurred to me to call the police. And even if I had of thought about it, I didn't want to bust everyone I was doing business with in one fell swoop. Besides, I was doing crack at the time. I imagine Milo was in some kind of similar position with respective differences.

Maybe if that happened today I would react differently. Especially since I left the wild lane.

Anyway, Holiday ultimately thinks Milo was bullshitting a bit in the interviews to be edgy and provocative. I think that's about right. He thinks Milo could have some emotional baggage from being abused when young. I think that's about right. And he thinks Milo being at a party where he saw what he said he saw is a serious problem because that's not just talk, it's reality. I think that's about right, too. 

Michael