Is OL a gay site?

Anfama

Happy Birthday, Reek. But, you should have learned more after sixty five years on this earth.

I read somewhere that the name “Peter” originated in the New Testament, when Jesus started calling his follower Simon by that name, meaning “Rock”. It wasn’t used as a proper name before that. This name is usually interpreted as a positive thing, Jesus was saying this guy is made of solid stuff. An alternate interpretation, more in keeping with the role Peter plays, is that he was 1st: a block-head, 2nd: it’s meant ironically, since Peter was not someone Jesus could rely on (denying him 3 times, falling asleep at Gethsemane, etc.). He’s ever the bumbling foil for the master’s wisdom, illiterate, with the IQ of a rock. So if that’s Peter, were your parents thinking that when they named you?

In any event, making fun of someone’s name is pretty weak flaming. If you can tie it in to some fault the person has displayed, it can be clever, but Ted’s bathing habits and aroma are unknown and irrelevant here. What makes you think it’s his birthday, anyhow? And what's Det? Sounds Hungarian, when I was in Budapest I had to find a street called Det something, never mind, I forget.

EDIT: Had to look it up, it was Deak Ter. Right by the river. Beautiful city.

Edited by Ninth Doctor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninth Doctor wrote:

In any event, making fun of someone’s name is pretty weak flaming.

End quote

Age and gender jokes are always a favorite too. How about this?

There is a little child in a yellow butterfly dress complete with huge wings, and sandals in this month’s “Parenting” magazine, and daw gone it, if it isn’t about Det Reek.

It’s titled, “From Babbling to Blabbing, Is Your Little Talker on Track?”

What a cute little girl you are, Reek, in your pretty dress and cheap shoes.

Class Reek. It’s about class.

Hannibal

How’s that Doc? I look for amusement. Ted seems to take offense at everything, forgets no slights (unlike you,) and I honestly cannot tell where he is coming from. He can’t take a hint and insists on taking his flaming where it does not belong, outside this garbage thread. Perhaps he suffers from Asperger’s.

It is a beautiful day so I am going jogging.

I saw, "Harry Browne" on DVD the other night, with Michael Cane. Jeez, has England gone to pot. That's what Progressivism will do for a people. It looks like a third world country now. The movie was an Ok revenge flick and like all of Michael's later films, a slow moving character study.

Peter The Rock