Research help

BAMF

Hello!

I am currently attempting to complete a year-long class, at the end of which I have to give a 30 min. presentation. The topic of my presentation is going to be the impact of violent music on adolescents (psychologically, biologically, etc). For some reason, I can't seem to find many primary sources (scholarly journals, studies, etc.) on this topic. I have searched my school's databases (Ebsco, Proquest), but only found 3 good sources. Just wondering if any of you have any ideas as to where I should look for primary sources (even secondary would be nice). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BAMF, I am not a researcher, but I will give you my own best guess, for what it is worth.

I am a big fan of ScienceDaily.Com, which I scan every day for interesting science news articles. The original research is usually linked for further investigation.

http://www.sciencedaily.com

Searching their site, I entered <adolescents +”violent music”> and came up with a lot of articles from ScienceDaily. I hope this can help in some small way.

-Ross Barlow.

BAMF,

Did you try a Google search? Just type the words "the impact of violent music on adolescents" (without the quotes) in the search field and oodles of stuff pops up. For example, here is a study from 2003 called The Effects of Violent Music on Children and Adolescents that I got off of a search like that. There were 907,000 hits. Surely you can find what you need among all that. (Warning: a lot of the stuff is not usable, so you have to dig a bit.)

Michael

That is actually one of the only 3 studies I could find. :D I have tried Google, but maybe if I keep digging I can find something else. It's just very tedious...I think I've found something and then I look deeper and it's no good. Maybe something will turn up with another search engine. Thanks!