Favorite Movies not Written by Ayn Rand

On 6/13/2023 at 12:49 AM, Peter said:

... American Western film...

Peter,

Have you rewatched any John Wayne movies recently?

I did, starting with True Grit.

They surprised me at how good they are. I had been away from them for so long and listening to that nonstop blathering about racism and woke shit in the culture.

My suggestion. Go see a good John Wayne movie and feel good for a few days.

I think even Ayn Rand would have approved of that one.

:) 

Michael

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Have you rewatched any John Wayne movies recently?

I haven’t watched a John Wayne movie in a while, but I remember it was better the second time around. And he was one of Rand’s favorite stars. I looked for any of my references to The Duke and I only found two. Peter

I wrote about a Lee Child “Jack Reacher” movie: Tom Cruise is an odd choice to play him because his physical presence is such a necessary part of his character. The script would need to start by showing Tom Cruise as a person who is overwhelmingly deadly, not from a kung foo, Jackie Chan way, but with a “John Wayne” incident where he physically overcomes a large, villainous person, preferably a man and not Janet Napolitano. 

I also wrote about my life as a Navy Brat: Our Naval Captain Bulkeley, who wrote the book "They Were Expendable”, (made into a movie starring John Wayne) which was about his exploits as a PT Boat Captain during WWII outranked Colonel Samuelson by two days and did not like the marines meddling into the Navy's business . . . .

• 2 weeks later...