Campaign For Liberty surging ahead all of a sudden...

The membership had been increasing at the rate of about 1000 every week or so. Suddenly there has been a surge of over 1200 in one day from about 107000 yesterday to 108294 at this moment. 12MAR 9:15PM 108494, 9:20PM 108518, 108601@9:51PM

We will see if this trend continues but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

My impression is that people are more open to what this movement has to offer, understanding in the short run and a truly free society in the long run to oversimplify quite a bit.

I ask people whom I encounter whether they think Obama knows what he is doing. More often they respond that they don't know but they hope so or are willing to give him more time but it is all based on his word, his promises, his optimistic outlook, his eloquence, his education, his calmness in the face of calamity, his hopefulness, his desire to change, to be transparent, to tell the truth and the like.

But his appointments have been a pathetic bunch of tax evaders. He rushed through his 1000 page bailout with a demand to vote on it overnight without reading it because of the urgency of the situation. So much for transparency and change in the way Congress and the presidency work.

He said to us that the government was not responsible for the crisis but is the only entity which can resolve it. Then we learn that the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 compelled the bankers to lower their criteria so those who couldn't afford to borrow money or meet the standard criteria for loans could realize the American Dream of home ownership. Obama blamed the irresponsible bankers but is unwilling to acknowledge that politicians of his party were responsible for forcing those bankers to abandon responsible loan practices. Obama knew that because his organization of ACORN Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now was protesting the banks which refused to give loans to those unqualified to borrow. By not telling the truth Obama undercut his credibility. He clearly has an agenda and is willing to obfuscate to achieve goals he keeps to himself.

No wonder the ranks of the Campaign For Liberty are growing at an accelerating rate. No wonder there are now over 125 colleges and universities with chapters of the Young Americans for Liberty which started with just 40 a few months ago.

No wonder sales of Atlas Shrugged are going up at Amazon.

In the time it has taken for me to compose this post more individuals have joined so membership is now 108343 at 8:30 PM 108370 @8:40PM 108494 @ 9:15PM, 108518 @ 9:20, 108601@9:51PM

I once again urge you to join also and to contribute your wisdom and Objectivist perspective to the movement. These people are willing to listen to reason and are as open as you would wish to hear the truth in any realm of philosophy or economics or politics or history.

Well, at least there will be a legacy…Is the title of a post at the YALiberty.org site with a delightful cartoon which you could see if you scroll down to the entry dated March 10. It shows a man with his little boy and girl in hand looking out from a vantage point where they can see a mountain labeled DEBT rising out of the clouds in their future. http://blog.yaliberty.org/

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

The membership had been increasing at the rate of about 1000 every week or so. Suddenly there has been a surge of over 1200 in one day from about 107000 yesterday to 108294 at this moment. 12MAR 9:15PM 108494, 9:20PM 108518,

We will see if this trend continues but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Another 18 years and you will be up to a million! Way to go!

Wake me up when you guys can elect a dog catcher.

Ba'al Chatzaf

The membership had been increasing at the rate of about 1000 every week or so. Suddenly there has been a surge of over 1200 in one day from about 107000 yesterday to 108294 at this moment. 12MAR 9:15PM 108494, 9:20PM 108518,

Another 18 years and you will be up to a million! Way to go!

Wake me up when you guys can elect a dog catcher.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al,

I trust the day will come when you live to regret your scoffing. I already regret that in the process of fighting for my own freedom that free riders such as yourself perhaps and scoffers such as you evidently are, will be free as well.

I don't really mean that I just wanted to say it.

12 Mar 9:55 108617

gulch

Would you have elected dog-catchers in a fully free society? I'd expect this to be the responsibility of property owners and the property managers and security firms they hired. On the other hand, if the dogs posed a threat of violence you could justify police action.

um a .25 cent hollow point long rifle 22 caliber should work quite well

Would you have elected dog-catchers in a fully free society? I'd expect this to be the responsibility of property owners and the property managers and security firms they hired. On the other hand, if the dogs posed a threat of violence you could justify police action.

Reidy,

"You talkin to me?"

www.campaignforliberty.com 12Mar 11PM 108815! still growing every minute even at this hour. 13Mar 5:50AM 109251

Curious that no one chooses to comment on this movement that is clearly a happening which will have repercussions. It is not just going to grow to a certain point and then fizzle out with nothing accomplished. Those involved appreciate the freedoms they have lost and the fact that the thieves and crooks and powerlusters are in power acting as if they are the legitimate representatives of the people who elected them because of their misrepresentation of their true premises and intentions. The bad guys are in power but not for long. They give their approval to the plunder of the productive and the production of counterfeit currency thus taxing away the value of hard earned money saved by the working men and women.

I predict that the Campaign For Liberty movement will be successful in offering the voters enlightenment and trustworthy representatives who will restore our democratic Constitutional Republic.

I have to get to bed because tomorrow is my long day with an early start, one hour commute each way and get home at 10PM.

I love my work knowing now that the day will surely come when the taxing and regulating and dictating will come to an end, the foreign and domestic interventions will come to an end in the near future and our republic will once again be a beacon to those who value their lives and freedom.

This time we have the knowledge to set a more consistent, principled, rational course after learning from experience just where the cracks were in the armor which was supposed to protect and secure our rights and where seeds germinated and took root from which grew vines which strangled the producers, hobbled those who sought to stand on their own two feet, and stunted the growth of generations of children compelled to attend government institutions of indoctrination, conformity and suppression of creativity and individuality.

I just wish that Objectivists would become involved in this passionate pro freedom movement because it too has inconsistencies which need to be corrected before their ideas are implemented.

www.campaignforliberty.com and www.YALiberty.org

membership at 12Mar 11:15PM 108849; 13Mar 5:51AM 109251

Edited by galtgulch

"You talkin to me?"

www.campaignforliberty.com 12Mar 11PM 108815! still growing every minute even at this hour.

There are 1440 minutes in a day so the Movement is growing at a rate under one a minute (so-far).

If your movement grows at 50,000 a year it will take 20 years to gain a million --- round numbers.

Wake me up when you reach a million.

P.S. I am the son of a certified public accountant. Pop made sure I knew how to count by the age of one and how to divide by the age of three. My dad was like that.

Ba'al chatzaf

"You talkin to me?"

www.campaignforliberty.com 12Mar 11PM 108815! still growing every minute even at this hour.

There are 1440 minutes in a day so the Movement is growing at a rate under one a minute (so-far).

If your movement grows at 50,000 a year it will take 20 years to gain a million --- round numbers.

Wake me up when you reach a million.

P.S. I am the son of a certified public accountant. Pop made sure I knew how to count by the age of one and how to divide by the age of three. My dad was like that.

Ba'al chatzaf

Ba'al,

I am only aware of the change in the counter on the Campaign For Liberty website. I understand that in reality there are only discrete entities we refer to as persons or individuals of one gender or another. The number on the counter changes and is different each time I go to the site or refresh it.

My mother was an assistant bookkeeper and taught me how to think and focus and how to earn a living and survive.

When I used the expression "still growing every minute" that was admittedly imprecise but was intended to convey that the counter keeps changing almost every time I look at it. It is more in the category of an idiom not meant to be taken literally. I was not attempting to arrive at a specific rate but an approximation. I had chosen the time it took to add another thousand members.

I happen to live with an attractive female who is even more skeptical than I am. By comparison I am quite gullible but believe me I am a skeptic who requires rational evidence as proof of anything. People sitting in front of me, face to face, who look me in the eye, lie to me almost every day. "I didn't do it! I didn't do nuthin! That CO doesn't like me! " That's why we have video cameras all over the place. Anyway my wife doesn't believe the counter is really keeping track of members at all. So she doesn't get excited when I tell her the number has gone up or that the rate of increase is changing and going faster. The marriage may not survive.

But here all we have is a counter on an internet website. For all I know there is some program set to randomly increase the number shown on the counter? But this is a Ron Paul created and devoted site so I believe that the counter shows an increase only when someone submits a form having joined the movement somewhere in the world. These days I assume the growth is in the colleges and universities mostly.

I believe that because Ron Paul endorsed the Young Americans for Liberty and they appear to be active in recruiting. I even encountered a college girl working the checkout counter at a Price Chopper supermarket yesterday who told me so when I mentioned the Campaign For Liberty. She had an intelligent look in her eyes and wrote down Atlas Shrugged on a piece of paper. She had never heard of The Fountainhead either.

Now at 6AM on 13 Mar we have 109257 on the counter. Remember it read 107000 just yesterday around midnight if I recall correctly. So the growth rate appears to have been about 2250 per roughly a full day. You get the idea. Aside from dog catcher each town in the country appears to have a library with librarians and a place in the town budget. There is usually a Board devoted to it as well with an elected official. Perhaps we should endeavor to get one of us elected to the town library so we could be in a position to add books by the Objectivist philosophy and the Austrian school of economics to every library as well as the various magazines which exist in our movement such as The Objectivist Standard, Reason, The Freeman, Freedom Daily etc.

A minute has passed and it is now 109258 so it is moving again 13Mar 7AM 109284

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Remember it read 107000 just yesterday, 12Mar around midnight, if I recall correctly. 13Mar 7AM 109284

Now I checked to find 13 Mar 10PM 112829, 11PM 113065; 14Mar 3AM 113519,

So the rate increase has persisted from the recent weeks where it took seven or eight days to add 1000, to yesterdays increase of over 2200 and now to 3500 in one day.

I attribute it largely to the fact that the Young Americans for Liberty a sister entity of the Campaign for Liberty has grown and gone from 40 to 125 colleges and universities with very active chapters at each. I know they are advertising on the campuses. This is going to be huge!

If this growth of 5000 in two days persists that means that in one year there would be one million members! I expect the rate to go up so the one million mark will be reached before that. Given the boost in morale from such an accomplishment growth will likely explode after that into the millions and then tens of millions.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Remember it read 107000 just yesterday, 12Mar around midnight, if I recall correctly. 13Mar 7AM 109284

Now I checked to find 13 Mar 10PM 112829, 11PM 113065; 14Mar 3AM 113519, 9:25 AM 113891

So the rate increase has persisted from the recent weeks where it took seven or eight days to add 1000, to yesterdays increase of over 2200 and now to 3500 in one day.

I attribute it largely to the fact that the Young Americans for Liberty a sister entity of the Campaign for Liberty has grown and gone from 40 to 125 colleges and universities with very active chapters at each. I know they are advertising on the campuses. This is going to be huge!

If this growth of 5000 in two days persists that means that in one year there would be one million members! I expect the rate to go up so the one million mark will be reached before that. Given the boost in morale from such an accomplishment growth will likely explode after that into the millions and then tens of millions.

gulch

14Mar 3AM 113543, 4AM 113584, 9AM 113851, 9:25AM 113891 You have got to be impressed with an increase of 6,500 in a couple of days! If this keeps up virtually every college student in the country will be involved. It is truly a movement of ideas. I attribute it to the folks at the Young Americans for Liberty at http://www.YALiberty.com

I do find it to be amazing that 41 joined between 3AM and 4AM Does this movement ever sleep? Now another 270 between 4AM and 9AM?

I find that hard to believe myself. But then again the movement is worldwide.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

On March 11 membership reached 107,000 for the first time.

Now 14Mar 1PM 114,563, 5PM 115073, 6PM 115160 and changing every minute! Explosive and one can only wonder what arguments are being used to entice and persuade anyone to join.

Sorry if my updates are annoying anyone.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch,

No you're not.

:)

Michael

Michael,

No I am not sorry?, or no I am not annoying anyone?

www.campaignforliberty.com 14Mar 10PM 115442

gulch

gulch -

LOL.

Bill P

Gulch,

No you're not.

Michael

Michael,

www.campaignforliberty.com 14Mar 10PM 115442; 15Mar 5AM 115687, 6AM 115694, 8AM 115728, 9AM 115771, 11PM 115834, 11:23 115877, 4PM 116192, 116240, 5PM 116281, 7PM 116383, 10PM 116590

It somehow seems natural that 245 souls have joined between 10PM and 5AM. But then this is a worldwide movement and it is in the colleges and universities now where i understand the Campaign For Liberty is advertising on the campuses.

gulch

gulch -

LOL.

Bill P

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch,

No you're not.

Michael

Michael,

gulch

gulch -

LOL.

Bill P

Et al,

Some years ago I came across a small book entitled Powder Alarm 1774. This preceded Paul Revere's famous gallop to rouse the citizenry but I found it quite moving. No battle ensued so it has been lost to history except for this little book. In it, if I recall, there was a similar concern that the British who occupied Boston were going to march out of the city into the countryside with the intention of taking possession of powder being held in a building designed for the purpose of storage out of the way of the inhabitants in case it ignited so no harm would come to anyone.

I don't recall just where this powder house was, in what town outside Boston. The point is that an alarm did go out in all directions and from far and wide men and boys took up their weapons and rode in the direction from which the alarm came. I don't recall the exact number of men and whether they were formal militia or just those who knew. I wonder just what they knew. That they were British subjects who were living in British Colonies across a wide ocean from the motherland where their King George resided. They knew the king ruled them and had imposed taxes and levies but also offered a measure of protection for them from the fierce Indians and the French.

They also knew that they were oppressed in many ways and that their only protection was borne by themselves and that in the event that the King sought to move against them that the powder was necessary to use in their defense. So they came in great numbers by the hundreds and by the thousands and in the end it was a false alarm I think but almost sixty thousand men came riding from not just surrounding towns but from as far away as Maine, Rhode Island and Connecticut.

I recall how moving it was to read that book some years ago. I felt an emotion which was not simple excitement at the prospect of a fight about to happen. Part of that surge of emotion is hard to name but the idea of esprit de corps comes to mind, as if I were there with them thrilled to see they were all willing to come to the aid of those who would have to meet the British near their homes.

I am reminded of that book and that feeling when I watch the numbers on the counter at the Campaign For Liberty site rise upwards higher and higher. The numbers represent a real person, probably a young person, who is aware of the danger to our country and our freedom which we face now in our time. This is a different kind of struggle and now I am reminded of the words of Colonel Chamberlain to the Maine men who had put down their arms not just because their enlistments had expired a day before the Battle of Gettysburg began.

It is a philosophical struggle between two ideologies which are coming to a head in our time. Those who are joining the movement which might be called a pro freedom movement, have mixed premises and some of their ideas are inconsistent. Still they know they are right about certain issues and they are so certain of their rightness about those things that they are willing to join in this struggle. It is no doubt their hope that the matter will be settled peacefully. IF that is to happen they need to grow their movement into the tens of millions so they can win by ballot. The feat they must accomplish is daunting and unlikely given the status quo and passivity of so many of those who have yet to join.

There is no guarantee of victory. Their numbers now increase in one day what had taken over one week. 15Mar 10PM 116630, 11PM 116667, 11:30PM 116698; 16Mar 6AM 116874, 6PM 117821

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Colonel Joshua Chamberlain - a teacher of Rhetoric my friends:

I love this movie.

Adam

Colonel Joshua Chamberlain - a teacher of Rhetoric my friends:

I love this movie.

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for the youtube video. My wife and I have watched this movie several times. The first time we saw it in a small theater and noticed behind us were a couple of young boys. I wondered aloud what their parents were thinking to let them see a war movie in which there was bound to be much bloodshed. Their mother sat behind us as well, heard me, and informed us gently that both boys actually are reenactors who have been on battlefields.

There is no time like the first time, for making love, or watching many movies. The anticipation of a fight was exciting as a teen in Brooklyn and I felt it too when I first saw it on screen. This scene is the most inspiring as is Chamberlain's talk with his Sergeant discussing race.

What has to happen or be said here to make all of us aware that we are in need of fighting for our freedom again now and either we do it by verbal argument in political campaigns to try to get our like minded kin into positions of power and the power out of the hands of those who are enslaving us now, or either submit or take up arms in revolt in the future within our lifetimes?

www.campaignforliberty.com 16Mar 6AM 116874, 6PM 117821

Remarkable! Almost one thousand have joined within just 12 hours today! We, meaning Objectivists and Libertarians and free market advocates, and individualists, naturalists, Brights, enlightened souls, should be joining and adding our voices to the debate and persuasion at hand.

gulch

Gulch:

We are close to being on the same path, mine has always been a more activist path with a lot more dust that is the only difference.

Both of these are about leadership and trust - first one is about Chamberlain and the second is from a more modern soldier poet leader from Vietnam

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeec...ingaddress.html

Adam

Gulch:

We are close to being on the same path, mine has always been a more activist path with a lot more dust that is the only difference.

Both of these are about leadership and trust - first one is about Chamberlain and the second is from a more modern soldier poet leader from Vietnam

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeec...ingaddress.html

Adam

Adam,

One question is are we on a path of our own choosing or on a path dictated to us by the powers that be. Also what can we do about it.

I left off the question marks because they are rhetorical questions.

My favorite time in history is the time leading up to the creation of our own country. Last evening my wife and I watched the John Adams movie based on the book of the same name which came out recently. In the movie Adams is played by Paul Giametti and Laura Linney plays Abigail Adams. This version might be as close as we come to the actual historic truth regarding the realities of everyday life for the characters involved.

I haven't looked to read the posts about this movie, if there are any, on our very own movie section forum.

There are very sad scenes in it to be sure but it was worth watching.

I think each of us should seriously consider stepping up and running for the Congress and the Senate in the next election. I think if we do we might find support from our communities especially if we express our ideas and principles to our local media.

It is urgent that leaders who stand for the beliefs we hold be heard.

www.campaignforliberty.com 16Mar 7PM 117888 These individuals in the CFL are open to men and women willing to lead and would lend their support in your very own district. I know most of us would hope that someone would speak the words each of us want to hear. But it may be necessary for each of us to be that one.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch:

Agreed. However, for a Federal Senate race, except for a very small retail politics state like Alaska or New Hampshire, with strong libertarian and contrarian roots, you would need too much money to even be respectable.

Congress and local council races are excellent generic targets. Certain state assembly districts also, You could physically shake the hands of every registered voter in an 18 month period. John Kasich from Ohio did that in the Newt revolution and the Contract with America.

Finally, the agreement that I always attempt to make with the press, or I will not consent to be interviewed, is that the article shall be shown to me before submission so that I can check any quote that allegedly came from my mouth and that it is accurate.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Gulch:

Agreed. However, for a Federal Senate race, except for a very small retail politics state like Alaska or New Hampshire, with strong libertarian and contrarian roots, you would need too much money to even be respectable.

Congress and local council races are excellent generic targets. Certain state assembly districts also, You could physically shake the hands of every registered voter in an 18 month period. John Kasich from Ohio did that in the Newt revolution and the Contract with America.

Finally, the agreement that I always attempt to make with the press, or I will not consent to be interviewed, is that the article shall be shown to me before submission so that I can check any quote that allegedly came from my mouth and that it is accurate.

Adam

Adam,

My claim to fame is that I attended as a delegate the first national libertarian party convention in Denver at which John Hospers and Tonie Nathan were selected to be the candidates for president and vice president. Tonie stayed at the home of my wife and myself during her campaign and we have a picture of her kissing our son who was a few months old at the time. We founded the LP of PA but i am long forgotten as the LP has grown with many subsequent leaders and spear carriers.

I have never run for office but have always voted Libertarian except that I got to vote for the first time for JFK with much naive hope and expectation. I was in my freshman year in medical school in a gross anatomy lab the day JFK was shot and killed. Heartbreaker for everyone and for the country, the first of several.

I believe I share the dreams of some of the Founders and of many who lived under oppression to live in a free country where justice of the non social kind prevails.

I do believe that Ayn Rand gave voice to the only rational philosophy appropriate for human life on Earth so the answer is known, the antidote is in our hands and minds. The next generation needs to hear it to set them free from the whim worship which exists and has almost caused the collapse of our experiment in liberty here.

www.campaignforliberty.com 16Mar 11PM 118068

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Join us!

gulch

Precisely. You are a person of integrity who can look at a person the way you look at the family member of one of your patients and communicate.

You have an automatic ethos because you are an MD. You have passion and can emote so that takes care of the pathos part of the persuasion equation. Finally, although you and I have argued about issues, you are logical so there is the trifecta - the logos.

Now it is up to you, I will find out how many signatures that you need, but I am reasonably sure it is not a lot.

I think you would be a good Congressman.

Adam

Precisely. You are a person of integrity who can look at a person the way you look at the family member of one of your patients and communicate.

You have an automatic ethos because you are an MD. You have passion and can emote so that takes care of the pathos part of the persuasion equation. Finally, although you and I have argued about issues, you are logical so there is the trifecta - the logos.

Now it is up to you, I will find out how many signatures that you need, but I am reasonably sure it is not a lot.

I think you would be a good Congressman.

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I mentioned that there is a businessman in my district who has some contacts within the hierarchy of the Republican Party in the state and has expressed an intention to run for Congress against the incumbent who is James McGovern, beloved by his minions in the big cities in the district. If find it troublesome that my guy is prolife but otherwise is reading up on Austrian economics. He even sent me a copy of Murray Rothbard's The Case Against The Fed.

So I would be tempted to run against him in the primary for the fun of it to give voters a choice of a Republican who is avowedly pro choice and if asked if I believe in evolution would be able to say I do. Darwin and Mendel, Galileo and Giordano Bruno are among my many heroes. J.J. Hill comes to mind. Ayn Rand's philosophy would enter the dialog for the sake of the children listening. Nathaniel Branden as well might come up too.

The only problem I anticipate is that if I got the beat my friend in the primary and won the election to go to the Congress I might not be able to afford the cut in pay.

Watch Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice this Sunday as he is featuring a company which is selling a video telephone which is going to incorporate the software of a still better video telephone called the Ojo which will be downloaded to all the phones they have already sold. The company is ACN a private company involved with multilevel marketing and they bought into the company, WorldGate, which created the Ojo. I own the Ojo and use it to keep in touch with friends who own it as well. Operates over the internet for $9.95 a month but if you buy it through the ACN the phone would only cost $99 but the monthly fee is then $29. The Ojo from WGAT www.ojophone.com costs more unless you get it from an Ebay auction.

www.campaignforliberty.com 17Mar midnight 118100 Still amazes me that the number grows all night!

gulch