Campaign for Liberty continues to grow and organize...

This is the organization and website established by Ron Paul after he suspended his presidential bid following the last Republican primary in Idaho where he demonstrated his growing support by receiving 24% of the vote.

On this last day of November, 2008, there are 94106 members who have joined together to help restore the Republic by educating the citizenry.

www.campaignforliberty.com

I expect that out of their growing ranks will emerge candidates for Congress and other offices in future elections. They will at least succeed in changing the dialog in the debates and advertising to enlighten the voters about crucial issues not usually addressed these days.

I urge everyone here to join in your locality and to participate in their efforts to spread the word.

galt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the organization and website established by Ron Paul after he suspended his presidential bid following the last Republican primary in Idaho where he demonstrated his growing support by receiving 24% of the vote.

On this last day of November, 2008, there are 94106 members who have joined together to help restore the Republic by educating the citizenry.

I expect that out of their growing ranks will emerge candidates for Congress and other offices in future elections. They will at least succeed in changing the dialog in the debates and advertising to enlighten the voters about crucial issues not usually addressed these days.

I urge everyone here to join in your locality and to participate in their efforts to spread the word.

galt

Are we free yet?

How do you suppose that people with an educational program can oppose people who are armed to the teeth and have police forces and armies to back them up? And if you do succeed in doing away with the current government you will eventually have to go eye to eye with the Sicilian and Russian Mafias. Do you think these brutes can be re-educated? Take a trip to Coney Island or Brighton Beach sometime and see what you are up against. When the Founders of our Republic formulated the Constitution they had no idea of what kind of internal enemies free folks would face. The only way to get rid of these brutes is to become even more brutish than they are. In short, form death squads and forget about the Bill of Rights.

Best policy -- hide in plain sight. What they can't see, they can't take.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Are we free yet?

How do you suppose that people with an educational program can oppose people who are armed to the teeth and have police forces and armies to back them up?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al,

The trick is simply to outnumber them! This morning, if you go to www.campaignforliberty.com and click on States on the menu, you will see that overnight their numbers have grown to 94131. Admittedly a modest modicum of momentum but in time this will continue as their numbers swell, driven by the feats Obama will engage in to outperform his mentors and idols, Marx, Engels and Stalin, Castro, Che and Mao, Adolf, Saddam and Chavez.

Perhaps there will be a surge in membership when people's retirement accounts are nationalized into the Social Security System by Obama as an emergency measure to save the country.

Perhaps another surge when a civilian draft of 18 to 25 year olds is instituted by Obama to fulfill the needs of inner cities.

Perhaps another surge in membership when Obama mimics FDR by confiscating hard earned gold coins from people's ETF accounts and safe deposit accounts.

Just as wise men will move to own gold in the face of egregious creation of paper currency so they will resort to membership in the only organization which still values the Constitution, limited government, sound currency, and the free market, namely: Campaign For Liberty.

Incidentally, we intend to run candidates in both major parties!

Update: Dec 7th membership 95074 thus up one thousand in one week alone and still counting!

galt

Edited by galtgulch

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Dec 16th membership 96345 climbing and still counting!

galt

Update: Dec 17th membership 96523

Join us! We are going to save the country someday when we have enough of us to do it.

100k doubles to 200k doubles to 400k doubles to 800k doubles to 1.6M doubles to 3.2M doubles to 6.4M doubles to 12.5M

doubles to 25M doubles to 50M doubles to 100M

If each does the job of reaching one more at each step up. 100M ought to be enough to do the job. We have reason and reality on our side.

What is the fewest number of books needed to be read to wake someone up? Which ones?

In the time it took to write this the membership grew by one to 96524 at 10:43PM and to 96553 by 7AM the next morning!

Now it is later that day 9 PM and the membership is 96629 over 100 up from last night. No stopping this growth!

Friday morning 19Dec 96658 Not bad for overnight growth between 9PM and 5AM

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Update: Dec 16th membership 96345 climbing and still counting!

galt

Update: Dec 17th membership 96523

Join us! We are going to save the country someday when we have enough of us to do it.

100k doubles to 200k doubles to 400k doubles to 800k doubles to 1.6M doubles to 3.2M doubles to 6.4M doubles to 12.5M

doubles to 25M doubles to 50M doubles to 100M

If each does the job of reaching one more at each step up. 100M ought to be enough to do the job. We have reason and reality on our side.

What is the fewest number of books needed to be read to wake someone up? Which ones?

In the time it took to write this the membership grew by one to 96524 at 10:43PM and to 96553 by 7AM the next morning!

Now it is later that day 9 PM and the membership is 96629 over 100 up from last night. No stopping this growth!

Friday morning 19Dec 96658 Not bad for overnight growth between 9PM and 5AM

galt

Saturday 20 Dec and the number at 6 PM is 96845. And at 8:47 PM 96860 Don't you get the impression that this is a growing movement for freedom i hope! There are interesting videos and commentary at : www.campaignforliberty.com

Edited by galtgulch

galt, can you post some graphs showing membership versus time for us to see? Surely they must have this data. Maybe a couple different time scales would be helpful, too. Thanks.

Dennis

galt: no laugh intended, I'm serious. If the membership is growing as rapidly as you claim, let's see a graph of the membership versus time to see how significant it *really* is. Showing a number over a few day or few week period means little in the context of longer time, which is most important. Everyone in business likes to plot sales - let's see yours.

Dennis

galt: no laugh intended, I'm serious. If the membership is growing as rapidly as you claim, let's see a graph of the membership versus time to see how significant it *really* is. Showing a number over a few day or few week period means little in the context of longer time, which is most important. Everyone in business likes to plot sales - let's see yours.

Dennis

Dennis,

I was amused and thought you were kidding me for posting the membership updates in a random fashion. I am not privy to the kind of data you request. I do know that I joined last summer at the end of the primary season after the last primary in which Ron Paul participated. Then he created Campaign For Liberty and there were about 6000 or 7000 members when I joined probably in July or August. Now there are 96984 at 4:44 PM on 21 Dec 08.

It is my impression that most of that number were Ron Paul supporters and more recently, a couple of weeks ago Ron Paul endorsed Young Americans for Liberty among the Ron Paul college campus groups on between 40 and 100 campuses. Since then the numbers seem to me to be going up at a faster rate. I assume the college members are actively recruiting others to the movement. The numbers were going up before YAL so I expect that all of the members are actively recruiting as well.

No graph but growth is obvious. Whether it will continue I have no doubt. I expect that as this movement matures that their goals will be perceived as feasible and plausible. The growth may very well accelerate. Whether there will ever be enough people involved to become represented in Congress remains to be seen. Their organization is educational but I am confident that some of them will step up and run for Congress and the U.S. Senate and other offices. At the very least they will contribute to the debate during their campaigns. They will be interviewed and their messages will become widespread through the media.

I expect that given the status of our economy and the political status quo that these candidates perspectives will be a breath of fresh air and will deal with issues usually not brought up in our typical American Idol campaigns where nothing serious is discussed.

In particular I expect the Establishment's deviance from the Constitutional limits will be made explicit.

Why are you so interested in a graphical representation of the consistent growth which is admittedly not skyrocketing but is moving up relentlessly? For example in the few minutes it took me to write this post on a Sunday late afternoon the membership is now 96987 at 4:59 PM.

It is a happening! That is why I urge Objectivists to get involved and help to influence the ideas within this movement.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Galt:

How many of the 96,987 paid the $25.00 base membership?

Adam

Galt: "Why are you so interested in a graphical representation of the consistent growth which is admittedly not skyrocketing but is moving up relentlessly?"

Oh, primarily because of all of your past discussion of membership doubling and extrapolating such results into the future. With current membership near 100,000, obviously there has been a lot of doubling going on, but the rate at which this has been happening may not be sustainable into the future. Nevertheless, the growth membership does look impressive.

Dennis

Galt: "Why are you so interested in a graphical representation of the consistent growth which is admittedly not skyrocketing but is moving up relentlessly?"

Oh, primarily because of all of your past discussion of membership doubling and extrapolating such results into the future. With current membership near 100,000, obviously there has been a lot of doubling going on, but the rate at which this has been happening may not be sustainable into the future. Nevertheless, the growth membership does look impressive.

Dennis

Dennis,

I simply do not have the data to ascertain the time frames for the doubling which has occurred as you point out.

I would simply mention that although you may be correct in your observation that the doubling "may not be sustainable into the future" it is also conceivable and perhaps more likely that the doubling will proceed apace. The mere fact that the membership is where it is and the growth from hour to hour is evident would help to motivate everyone involved to greater effort. We can keep track of the time that certain markers are reached from now on, say the time actually taken to go from each thousand mark and each ten thousand mark and each 100,000 mark. I'd wager that the time transpired will diminish for each increment to accrue. I eagerly look forward to the day one million is reached. Surely that will lead to renewed vigorous recruiting as the day their goal to restore the Republic will be seen as closer to attainment.

Looks like we should reach the 97,000 mark this evening as only six more are to be found and it is still early in the evening now. www.campaignforliberty.com membership update 7:38 PM 21 Dec 96,994 At 8:20 PM 97,000 21 Dec 08

I will endeavor to keep track of the milestones reached from now on, hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, millions etc.

The day will come when we will be able to elect like minded souls and restore the Republic and the Constitution!

Incidentally here is the link to the Young Americans for Liberty home page:

http://blog.yaliberty.org/

Notice that the Institute for Humane Studies and other groups of young college age individuals are allied and active.

Edited by galtgulch

Thanks, galt. I was disappointed to see a lack of history of the Campaign for Liberty discussed on their site. If you have any influence with them, you might suggest that they add this info, which could include data on how fast membership has been growing. I realize that you do not have the numbers yourself.

Dennis

Thanks, galt. I was disappointed to see a lack of history of the Campaign for Liberty discussed on their site. If you have any influence with them, you might suggest that they add this info, which could include data on how fast membership has been growing. I realize that you do not have the numbers yourself.

Dennis

Dennis,

Something tells me they are more interested in doing what will build their local networks in order to prepare to engage in the educational mission they espouse than reflecting on their history. Did you go to your state and Congressional district or county to see if there are any members there?

The site is set up to facilitate communication among the members. Of course the Congressional districts might be peculiar as mine is. It is elongated and includes a couple of dozen towns and parts of a city or two. I have met several Ron Paul supporters from surrounding towns and districts and they are all decent people. Not a power luster among them nor are the ones I met other than concerned Americans, working people and professionals and intelligent, knowledgeable family oriented. They share a profound concern for the country their children are growing up in.

Go for it. Thank you for your interest.

22 Dec 08 www.campaignforliberty.com 6:32 AM 97024 22 Dec 5:22 PM 97050

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Dennis

Dennis,

Already approaching incremental gain of 100 members in less than two days:

www.campaignforliberty.com membership update 7:38 PM 21 Dec 96,994 At 8:20 PM 97,000 21 Dec 08

At 6:30 23 Dec 97090

OT: Video telephony might be the next big thing.

ACN brought WGAT back to life. Up from 0.006 a few weeks ago closed at 0.37 yesterday on over 2M volume.

WGAT created the Ojo (www.ojophone.com) enabling callers to see each other at eye level with audio synchrony and just $9.95 per month for unlimited broadband internet video calls worldwide.

galt

Dennis,

Already approaching incremental gain of 100 members in less than two days:

Do the numbers. That is a rate less than 20,000 a year. Hardly exponential. And how many will stay with this movement over the long run?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Folks:

As Jason Robards Jr. stated in the movie "A Thousand Clowns", which was one of the great pro-individualistic movies ever made:

Galt "only visits reality as a tourist!"

Merry Christmas everyone

Adam

ACN brought WGAT back to life. Up from 0.006 a few weeks ago closed at 0.37 yesterday on over 2M volume.

WGAT created the Ojo (www.ojophone.com) enabling callers to see each other at eye level with audio synchrony and just $9.95 per month for unlimited broadband internet video calls worldwide.

galt

Are your stock picks as good as your political prognistications?

Ba'al Chatzaf

galt

Anybody who buys a stock under $1.00 is an idiot or a fool or a stock manipulator or a true believer or has special information, probably illegal to act on. The exception to the last being a company insider--in some cases.

Anybody who pays less than $5.00 a share for a stock better know what the hell he is doing that for.

A good rule of thumb is any stock under $10.00 is a big red warning flag.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

galt

Anybody who buys a stock under $1.00 is an idiot or a fool or a stock manipulator or a true believer or has special information, probably illegal to act on. The exception to the last being a company insider.

Anybody who pays less than $5.00 a share for a stock better know what the hell he is doing that for.

A good rule of thumb is any stock under $10.00 is a big red warning flag.

--Brant

Brant,

I own the Ojo and it enables me to see friends and family who own one as well. Saves on gas and airline tickets. I do not post about it to entice people here to buy the stock of the company which created it. Just look at the chart and see how it went all the way from $50 plus during the tech bubble down to 0.24 then up to $6.89 in Jan 05 when MOT was involved and it won the Best of Innovations Award at the CES then all the way down to 0.006 recently as a month ago, now up to 0.37.

The future outlook is uncertain. The deal with ACN got rid of their debt and without that debt the threat of bankruptcy is diminished. Perhaps a major teleco or cable will be willing now to order the Ojo. If so the sky is the limit. If not then this blip will be just that. In the meantime though the Ojo is a wonderful product which is worthwhile if you have grandchildren you would like to see more often like every day for unlimited video calls over broadband cable internet for just $9.95 a month.

Yes I have a small holding but am otherwise diversified and still working full time and then some. Due diligence advised and I am not a financial advisor just know a good thing when I see it, like Objectivism, Capitalism, Austrian Economics, Individual freedom, Science, Evolution, Heliocentrism, Thermodynamics, Montessori, Ron Paul, U.S. Constitution, Nature, Planet Earth, Classical Music, Individualism, Reason, Friendship, Romantic Love.

www.campaignforliberty.com membership 23 Dec 08 97155

galt

update: membership 97428 almost halfway to another 1000 incremental increase in just a few days. I sure hope these guys and gals are on a rational wavelength and are not theocrats.

www.campaignforliberty.com membership 23 Dec 08 97155; 26 Dec 97494 11:22 PM Growing or what?; 27 Dec 11AM 97524;

28 Dec 4AM 97585; 97690 29 Dec 11:50 AM; 97807 on 30 Dec 8PM; 31 Dec 8PM 97875

I thought I would repost this which is the date of reaching 97,000:

Looks like we should reach the 97,000 mark this evening as only six more are to be found and it is still early in the evening now. www.campaignforliberty.com membership update 7:38 PM 21 Dec 96,994 At 8:20 PM 97,000 21 Dec 08

galt

Edited by galtgulch

update: membership 97428 almost halfway to another 1000 incremental increase in just a few days. I sure hope these guys and gals are on a rational wavelength and are not theocrats.

www.campaignforliberty.com membership 23 Dec 08 97155; 26 Dec 97494 11:22 PM Growing or what?; 27 Dec 11AM 97524;

28 Dec 4AM 97585; 97690 29 Dec 11:50 AM; 97807 on 30 Dec 8PM; 31 Dec 8PM 97875

I thought I would repost this which is the date of reaching 97,000:

I just got home from work and found that membership in the Campaign For Liberty is getting close to the additional thousand mark at 97,991. January 3rd and 98029 so it just took about twelve days to add one thousand members. I marvel that close to thirty were added from last night at midnight and 7 this morning. 98058 at 4PM on Jan 3; 98122 at 6AM on Jan 4

I know some or at least one of you scoffs at this snail's pace growth. Since Dec 21st a thousand people have joined the movement! I am impressed and am eager to see how long it will take for the next thousand member increment to join.

I am always reminded of Hank Rearden's comment in Atlas Shrugged to the businessman who is afraid to antagonize the political bureaucratic regulators. You know the one I mean. To paraphrase; "I regret that in the process of saving my own neck I am obliged to save yours as well!"

Another less tasteful remark comes to mind: " F..k you, and everyone who looks like you!" That feels so much better, but then I was brought up in the tough streets of Brooklyn.

Flatbush

Edited by galtgulch

Galt:

What part of Brooklyn - I know it wasn't the Redhook Projects!

Adam