Hot Times at Objectivist Living

This board has been jumping of late (compared to the other O'ist boards of the Web). I am not complaining at all. I am just slightly amazed. Is it something in the water, or what?

Ba'al Chatzaf

This board has been jumping of late (compared to the other O'ist boards of the Web). I am not complaining at all. I am just slightly amazed. Is it something in the water, or what?

Ba'al Chatzaf

If it's in the water, it's in the bottled water in Shanghai.

Alfonso

What makes you think it's water we've been drinking?

Barbara

Depends on the thread.

Alfonso

Ba'al Chatzaf

I go to R of R about once a week. It's weak. That's because, I'd guess, it makes J. Rowlands look strong, comparatively, when he posts, so he ran off, one way or another, a lot of posters, including Linz whom he defrauded.

SOLOP is populated by children, following the lead of the chief tantrum thrower, Linz. Even Kenny left. I go there once a day and don't stay long.

I don't know about other Objectivist lists; I'm too busy otherwise to bother even looking for them.

--Brant

Barbara

I'll drink to that!

-Ross Barlow.

• 2 months later...

Barbara

I'll have 'water' with Barbara anytime. lol

Brant, from what I've read, it's debatable whether or not Joe defrauded Perigo. The fact that Perigo said so loud and clear and often and in a rage should not be taken to mean it's a fact. Who knows what facts he ommitted or twisted? I've learned that when he makes a statement, it's wise to treat it as if he'd said nothing.

Barbara

I agree with Barbara about the allegations of "FRoRd."

Before my departure from SOLOP last year, I reviewed such facts as Mr. Perigo had actually made available about his split with Mr. Rowlands--not a whole lot of them--and asked how Mr. Rowlands' behavior during or after their split could be taken by any sensible person to constitute fraud.

All I got in return was a shower of abuse from Mr. Perigo and a few of his minions.

Granted, by then Mr. Perigo and his Perigoons were already inclined to shower me with abuse.

But I'm not privy to the agreement that Mr. Perigo and Mr. Rowlands made, back whether they put the old SOLOHQ together--hence, I have no way of knowing what Mr. Rowlands might have done to violate it. And it's inadvisable to count Mr. Perigo's frothing, shouting, or posturing as reliable evidence of anything excerpt further warpage in his view of the world.

If Mr. Perigo could make a reasonable case that Mr. Rowlands ripped him off, he'd have done it long since.

Robert Campbell

PS. Mr. Perigo is now reduced to excommunicating his fellow New Zealanders. I wonder how much longer it will be before he bans Peter Cresswell?

Brant, from what I've read, it's debatable whether or not Joe defrauded Perigo. The fact that Perigo said so loud and clear and often and in a rage should not be taken to mean it's a fact. Who knows what facts he ommitted or twisted? I've learned that when he makes a statement, it's wise to treat it as if he'd said nothing.

Barbara

Agree I do with thee.

--Brant

PS. Mr. Perigo is now reduced to excommunicating his fellow New Zealanders. I wonder how much longer it will be before he bans Peter Cresswell?

Reminds me of a joke which made the rounds (I don't know who started it) back during the Reisman/Packer vs. Peikoff & Co. flap:

"If things go on at this rate, soon there will only be two Objectivists left, Leonard Peikoff and Peter Schwartz. <pause> And then Peter will excommunicate Leonard."

Ellen

___

If Mr. Perigo could make a reasonable case that Mr. Rowlands ripped him off, he'd have done it long since.

The Emperor did not see it coming, was the thing. It stung badly. When the only colours you have on your palette are a stormy dark grey and a light eggshell beige, what are you to do? Which is the colour of villainy and betrayal, and which is the colour of hubris? In high opera, there is little beige, and many swords and knives and fits and screaming.

Rowlands is intolerant, but plays his cards close to his scarcely-beating heart. Lindsay was shocked at a royal flush.

Cresswell has his own martini-fueled lair. He only posts to toot his own bilious horn; Elijah Lineberry is his new martini-chum. It is best to keep one's lackeys close, but Lindsay is a busy man.

Nor do I much care for the way that Mr. Rowlands has been running RoR. I still have an account, but it's been so long since I last visited that I've forgotten my password.

All the same, I don't see how Mr. Rowlands committed fraud against Mr. Perigo.

But as WSS reminds us, what's opera without the repeated use of words like... perfido! empio! spietato! crudel! traditor!

Robert Campbell