What, no Easter fans?

BAMF

Yeah, I don't care if you all are a bunch of heathen-ass atheists, I'm wishing y'all a Happy Easter! :devil: :lol:

Does anyone here celebrate Easter? Although I'm an atheist, I do, but only by inhaling candy and ham and whatever else comes across my path. Hell, even without the candy, isn't it just cute to see all the youngins go easter egg huntin'? The answer is, "Yes."

Have a good one, guys!

P.S. Tomorrow is my one-year anniversary here. *sniffles* Don't forget to stop off at Hallmark.

Edited by Kori

Kori; People who went Easter egg hunting on the East coast today needed to dress very warmly. I have to admit I watched a little of Zeffirelli's Jesus of Nazareth. I also watched a little of Sound of Music last night. I near a large church but all the people had overcoats over their Easter frocks. I don't see any great hats on the ladies.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Shame about the hats, Chris. I love those! It's a bit cold here as well, sweater weather.

My sister's parked car got totaled by some dude who bent down to pick something up. What a wonderful Easter surprise! LOL. *shrugs* Even if it was my car, I'd still be in a good mood...Easter is just a good day. I hope yours is going as well as mine.

My younger brother and flat-mate is still, as he says, a Christmas and Easter Christian. More skepticism is added to his considerable total, though, each year, partly at my gentle instigation {g}

I go with him twice a year, as I told him, first to keep him company, and second for the Boy Scouts' pancakes-and-sausage breakfast before the service. (In December, for the beautiful music.)

Sometimes it's pleasant and appropriate to reconnect with threads of one's civilization, and those wearing them in efforts to live in peace, even if you don't dress yourself with them.

Happy Easter everyone!!! Please stop in the kitchen for some Peeps Souffle, Peeps Smores and Peeps Flambe. Oh, and I made a ham, too.

btw - happy anniversary, Kori.

Kat

Kori, tootsie! You go girl!

Yeah, I must say that Christmas holds more fond memories and meaning for me than Easter. At least Christmas speaks of the birth of mankind’s alleged savior whereas Easter reminds me more of a George A. Romero production—a la Night of the Walking Dead sort, and the post-mortem exploits of said savior strikes me as supremely ridiculous -- more so than the Virgin birth. [i’m doing my best Boris Karloff take: “They’re coming to get you!”] :sick:

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

I ate a ham for Jesus and gave the bones to Mohammed! Last week, we went out with some Jewish friends and drank the Bloody Marys of a Gentile barkeeper. :P

Seriously, though, I love Easter. My little boy messed up our living room with his first Easter basket, the plastic "grass" is strewn all about and he has what's left of the chocolate bunny all over his hands, mouth and clothes. It's sweater weather here in San Antonio too, but seeing him having fun makes me warm and toasty all over. =)

Edited by Robert Jones

Heathen that I am, Easter is still an excuse to get together with the family, eat far too much ham and jellybeans and then go into a coma later in the day to recover from all that overeating.

Here's my five-month old great niece, a real cutie!

Bella-voilin.jpg

Ever since I was an undergraduate I stopped noticing when Easter fell because spring break never coincided with Easter. I never have it as a work holiday either, so it's just another weekend. I never notice when it falls, and get annoyed to find that things like the gun club and the stores are closed at times when I want to visit.

Judith

While raised Christian, I am more a deist.

For me, while I 'celebrate' Christmas and Easter with my family, to me its more important as a time of gathering with the family, and all that that entails. The chance to see relatives you may not see except at xmas/easter, etc.

We usually gathered at a relative's home, had a lot of the family over for a big spread, had easter egg hunts, etc. There was always an Easter basket with goodies, always lots of candy (lots of it more 'traditional' easter fare: chocolate bunnies, eggs, jelly beans, etc). Maybe some small gifts (a book or two, nothing like at xmas or birthdays).

Yeah, I must say that Christmas holds more fond memories and meaning for me than Easter.

Well, yeah dawg, mo' presents! :lol:

My little boy messed up our living room with his first Easter basket, the plastic "grass" is strewn all about and he has what's left of the chocolate bunny all over his hands, mouth and clothes.

Hilarious! That plastic grass is a pain in the ass. Why must I hunt for my candy? Why!?

Kori; I missed that tomorrow is your anniversary at OL. You are a welcome addition and I like your postings. Thank you! May you have many more.

Thanks, Chris, but I would not have expected anybody to notice it! LOL. May you have many more postings as well.

Kori,

It has been that long?

BAMF...

Gaaaaaaay...

:)

Glad to have you around. You are important.

Michael

Mike, Mike, Mike! You remembered! LOL. Man, how I miss my GAAAAAY avatar and my B-A-M-Effin' name. Oh, my anonymity! Shnikes! :lol: Thank you, Michael (and Kat of course!) for the comfy place to stay.

Ever since I was an undergraduate I stopped noticing when Easter fell because spring break never coincided with Easter.

LOL. I know that's how I'll be with it when I graduate (along with mother's/father's day, memorial day...pretty much any holiday that isn't about giving me gifts).

For me, while I 'celebrate' Christmas and Easter with my family, to me its more important as a time of gathering with the family, and all that that entails. The chance to see relatives you may not see except at xmas/easter, etc.

Exactly. While I don't like to hang out with most of my family, it's nice to every so often so you can sit around and re-hear those old embarrassing/funny stories about them.

Ed, what a cutie pie! I'll bet she's got mad skillz on the violin.

Glad you all (or so it seems) had a good day!