The Fountainhead of Youth:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ko004kx3.jpg

Kori, you are a tootsie! Damn, we have another cutie pie! Angie baby is a cutie, Laure is a cutie, and you are a cutie! (Sorry, Jeff, the ‘cutie pie’ designation is allotted to girls only—and your sister also fits the bill). B)

Edited by Victor Pross

Still another cutie pie baby! :turned:

Sepia-tone silver print studio portraits of 2 year-old Alice Rosenbaum, [Ayn Rand] the first one with her mother, Anna. This would be circa 1907. [barbara Branden collection].

5851ChildhoodphotosofAynRand.jpg
:heart: Edited by Victor Pross

That's the one, Jeff. :lol:

Jeff; You and your sister are very attractive people. I think saying anything more would get me in trouble with you and the authorities. Are you able to focus with the three eyes?

Now it's your turn, Chris!

Kori, you are a tootsie! Damn, we have another cutie pie! Angie baby is a cutie, Laure is a cutie, and you are a cutie! (Sorry, Jeff, the ‘cutie pie’ designation is allotted to girls only—and your sister also fits the bill). B)

Thanks, dude. I was stumped as to what age I am in that cake picture, but upon further investigation I realized that there are THREE candles on the cake! :lol: *becomes the first to allot the 'cutie pie' designation to some fellas, Victor and Jeff* Yeah, it's groundbreaking, I know. :lol:

Kat, cute pic! You are quite photogenic and it makes me jealous! All of my school pictures are ridiculous. I stopped even getting them taken after a while. Y'all should see my school ID pic (but not really!). I look like I'm fucked up in it. They caught me in a blink, the bastards. What, no retakes?

P.S. Victor, such a cute Rand pic. She even had pretty eyes when she was a baby!

I don't know if this thread really applies to me because I'm just 20 but:

m_3ed0f3d1db92fe08907a06319fdf3c92.jpg

me at nine years of age

m_cc88b5409d094ecd6ae16d60bfa789bd.jpg

16 in a high school musical

m_53feaec99de99c0443bc5b315149eada.jpg

18 at graduation

m_476e10cead12f8e41b5174cfc08dc1b8.jpg

now

Nice pics, Tee-Jay! Jeff is 16 and I am 17 and we both posted ours, so of course you can post here!

What musical were you in?

Also, your graduation robe is much better than mine...I'm jealous. I graduate this year and mine is maroon. :getlost:

P.S. Jeff, where are your baby pics? I wanna see if you were just as serious as a little one. :lol::)

Edited by Kori

Kori,

All right, here is my picture from my flyer as a conductor years ago (sorry the quality isn't better):

MichaelKellyConductorFlyerpicture1.jpg

Here is one as a hillbilly when I was very young. (I got this recently from my parents.) I am the kid with his hand on his hips.

MichaelGaryDonnyBobby.jpg

Here is a press clipping when I was in high school. I am front middle, with glasses. (I also got this one recently from my parents.)

PressNVaYouthOrchestra-MichaelKelly.jpg

Michael

Here is one as a hillbilly when I was very young. (I got this recently from my parents.) I am the kid with his hand on his hips.

MichaelGaryDonnyBobby.jpg

All right, Michael, explanations are in order: why are you suddenly BLOND in this photo?

Judith

Michael, great pics! A hillbilly? What does hillbilly mean to you? Were y'all out on the porch blowin' the jug and strummin' the banjo 'til yo' fingers hurt? *insert Southern stereotype here* LOL. :) This reminds me of a couple of times that I've met people online and I told them I'm from Kansas City, MO and they thought I lived on a farm or something. I'm thinkin', "Dwamn, dude, it's KCMO...it's not all corn fields 'n' shit." :lol:

Anyway, love that pic of you conducting. 'Tis what I like to call tha bomb A.K.A. pure class. Is there any way I can hear some of the music you conducted/composed? Also, I'm curious as to how you decided to go to Brazil and what made you decide to come back. As I understand it, you were there for about 30 years. From all that I've gathered here at OL, I've come to the conclusion that you've had a pretty exciting/bitchin' life!

EDIT: Judith, you bettah get some pics up, dudette. Don't make me come through the screen! :shocked: :)

Edited by Kori

Angie baby, Kori, Laure, Jeff, Kat, Michael, Tee-Jay,

Thank you for participating in this thread. The childhood and youth shots really show a new layer to people we have been interacting with for some time—a layer we would not have otherwise known. This can bring people together. I think such a thread creates an atmosphere of camaraderie and, as my sweetie has said, it “concretizes” the people, making them appear more “real.” I am happy to see Michael jumping on board. At first, he was playing the part of the Overlord referee, but he decided that this thread is just too damn fun. :turned: It is!

I hope to see some more photos from other posters. Don’t be shy, you are among friends.

Victor

EDIT: Judith, you have no excuse to not post, girl! Do it! :wink:

Edited by Victor Pross

Nice pics, Tee-Jay! Jeff is 16 and I am 17 and we both posted ours, so of course you can post here!

What musical were you in?

Also, your graduation robe is much better than mine...I'm jealous. I graduate this year and mine is maroon. :getlost:

P.S. Jeff, where are your baby pics? I wanna see if you were just as serious as a little one. :lol::)

I was in The Music Man and that pic was of me as a Pick-A-Little Lady. I remember how we all sounded like chickens onstage singing. :laugh:

My goodness, a goth stage? I must see it! Did you by any chance look similar to this heah dude?

154742311_9a94ca03b9_m.jpg

:unsure: :devil: :lol:

LMAO. Not quite. He looks really pissed off and unhappy. I never went through that Goth stage of being really pissed off, cynical, unhappy, etc. But I did dress a lot in black, strange clothing, had my hair extremely short, long bangs, dark makeup, etc. Good Lord, someone should have put me out of my misery when they had a chance. OY Victor has actually seen a photo of it. Yikes.

My goodness, a goth stage? I must see it! Did you by any chance look similar to this heah dude?

154742311_9a94ca03b9_m.jpg

:unsure: :devil: :lol:

LMAO. Not quite. He looks really pissed off and unhappy. I never went through that Goth stage of being really pissed off, cynical, unhappy, etc. But I did dress a lot in black, strange clothing, had my hair extremely short, long bangs, dark makeup, etc. Good Lord, someone should have put me out of my misery when they had a chance. OY Victor has actually seen a photo of it. Yikes.

Yeah, Angie baby was a hot little goth chick. God, I wish she would post it. Hey, my 1950s hipster shots have been seen! B)

Jeff, you should post your, "Game face, bitch" picture. I get a kick out of it. :lol:

Edit: Damn, these are all kind of shitty quality. Oh, well.

Me on the left, giving my sis a look like she's a nutjob.

ko001jo1.jpg

Me as a bumblebee.

ko002ay8.jpg

Me blowing out the candles on a clown cake. To my dismay, I couldn't find the Barney cake picture. :cry: :lol:

ko004kx3.jpg

Yeah, I had stringy bangs. What?!

Kori,

You are so damn cute. You've got the most adorable chipmunk cheeks and I just want to squeeze the hell out of them. Do you have dimples as well? My sister has chipmunk cheeks as well as dimples and it's really cute.

Jeff,

Your sister is pretty. But I can't say much for you, DAMN, boy, the third eye and your head, it's so damn big. :lol: Well, hell, at least you don't got the uni-brow goin'. LOL

Kat,

Another cutie. You have really pretty eyes, sky blue. We've got a lot of hotties on OL it looks like.

Tee,

Oh, another cutie. You're prettier now than when you were in high school. You were pretty then but prettier now.

Mike,

Another handsome guy. I like the flyer you put up. You even got the conductor hair ta boot. As for the hillbilly shots, wow, you too, uh? I've got more than my share of those. :lol:

Edited by CNA

Kori,

You are so damn cute. You've got the most adorable chipmunk cheeks and I just want to squeeze the hell out of them. Do you have dimples as well? My sister has chipmunk cheeks as well as dimples and it's really cute.

Yeah yeah yeah, I still have the chipmunk cheeks. Like I told you, "Saxon cheeks." *blush* I don't know about dimples...I don't know what qualifies as dimples. I don't think I have them. *shrug* :lol: No, no, I don't think I do. I just have those little curvies around my mouth when I smile. LOL. Like, y'know, when you draw a smiley face and you put those curvies up at the top of the smile? LMAO!

Anybody pinches my cheeks and you're gettin' my kung fu, y'all! :lol:

P.S. What is a goth anyway? I always hated that label. I just call those cynical and unhappy people...cynical and unhappy people!

Edited by Kori

Kori,

Yeah yeah yeah, I still have the chipmunk cheeks. Like I told you, "Saxon cheeks." *blush* I don't know about dimples...I don't know what qualifies as dimples. I don't think I have them. *shrug* :lol: No, no, I don't think I do. I just have those little curvies around my mouth when I smile. LOL. Like, y'know, when you draw a smiley face and you put those curvies up at the top of the smile? LMAO!

Anybody pinches my cheeks and you're gettin' my kung fu, y'all! :lol:

P.S. What is a goth anyway? I always hated that label. I just call those cynical and unhappy people...cynical and unhappy people!

Girlie Girl,

This is a dimpled smile and your bumble bee pic, looks like ya got 'em, girl. Ah, so adorable !! *e pinches* *running for dear life*

102px-Dimples.jpg

> The childhood and youth shots really show a new layer to people we have been interacting with for some time—a layer we would not have otherwise known. This can bring people together. I think such a thread creates an atmosphere of camaraderie and, as my sweetie has said, it “concretizes” the people, making them appear more “real.” I am happy to see Michael jumping on board. [Victor]

I agree.

I actually like this thread -more- than the more intellectual ones. Wish I had a scanner!!!

> The childhood and youth shots really show a new layer to people we have been interacting with for some time—a layer we would not have otherwise known. This can bring people together. I think such a thread creates an atmosphere of camaraderie and, as my sweetie has said, it “concretizes” the people, making them appear more “real.” I am happy to see Michael jumping on board. [Victor]

I agree.

I actually like this thread -more- than the more intellectual ones. Wish I had a scanner!!!

Philip and Chris,

Dudes, posting a pic is not really a problem. Simply select a photo and go to a place like Kinkos...or some place like it, and they can do it for you. It will require some minimal effort and expense—nothing big—but watch the fun you have to make it worth it. :)

-Victor

p.S.

Thanks for the vote of support, Phil, I suppose it’s the more fun and youthful side of me (not to mention the creative side as well) that inspires threads like this. But balance is a key thing, too-- as Michael said. But I just thought a thread like this was so unique and would be a lot of fun for everyone. Chris' caricature did the same thing.