Biden

Peter

PJ Media's got a story with an "Answer" as to why Biden's got a fake Oval Office setup (contra to the fact checkers), but it's behind a paywall...
Has anyone else here read it/know the scoop?

51707387360_9145606a15_o-1200x630.jpg
PJMEDIA.COM

One year ago, Reuters and all the rest of the mainstreams released their minion fact-checkers to debunk the notion that Joe Biden had a fake...
joe-biden.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The set features fake windows that display a digital view of the White House Rose Garden.

Newsweek is claiming :

Why was a fake Oval Office built?

"The event space is being used for White House events that are being broadcast. The area is bigger than the actual Oval Office, and provides an area for journalists.

"Martha Kumar, director of the White House Transition Project explained that this room in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building is being used more regularly due to it being more accessible."

Wondering if it's the same as the PJ Media answer...

TG,

Here's a trick for you.

Learn about Archive. It's legal.

For example, here is the link to the PJ Media article you want (I haven't read it yet since I just got on the Internet).

The URL for Archive has changed over time (the extension), but archive.today will always get you there. At least so far and it's been years.

When you get to the Archive page, it will look like this:

image.png

More often than not, there will already be a "snapshot" or "snapshots" of the page you are looking for, so I often start with the lower field to see first. Just copy/paste the URL of the article you want to read, the one that is behind a paywall or other content-locker, into the field and click "Search."

If there is no snapshot (or if you just feel like it), copy/paste the URL into the upper field and click "Save." It will bump and grind for a while, then voilà. You get a URL where you can read the article.

Sometimes the coding for a page is so complex or protected that this service doesn't work. But that's rare.

The good news for me about Archive is that asshole publications like the NYT don't get a cent when people use it.

Of course, as a common sense thing, if you use articles from the same site often and it is not the corrupt fake news, it's a good idea to support it by becoming a paying member.

But normally, I, for one, use Archive and don't feel the least bit like I'm doing something wrong. It's more like getting a free sample.

In my experience, most sites know about this and they just deal with it. Should any complain, well, it's legal and the law is the law. I mean, that's what they always tell you when they legally screw you, right? :) 

Michael

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Here's a trick for you.

Learn about Archive. It's legal.

For example, here is the link to the PJ Media article you want (I haven't read it yet since I just got on the Internet).

The URL for Archive has changed over time (the extension), but archive.today will always get you there. At least so far and it's been years.

When you get to the Archive page, it will look like this:

image.png

More often than not, there will already be a "snapshot" or "snapshots" of the page you are looking for, so I often start with the lower field to see first. Just copy/paste the URL of the article you want to read, the one that is behind a paywall or other content-locker, into the field and click "Search."

If there is no snapshot (or if you just feel like it), copy/paste the URL into the upper field and click "Save." It will bump and grind for a while, then voilà. You get a URL where you can read the article.

Sometimes the coding for a page is so complex or protected that this service doesn't work. But that's rare.

The good news for me about Archive is that asshole publications like the NYT don't get a cent when people use it.

Of course, as a common sense thing, if you use articles from the same site often and it is not the corrupt fake news, it's a good idea to support it by becoming a paying member.

But normally, I, for one, use Archive and don't feel the least bit like I'm doing something wrong. It's more like getting a free sample.

In my experience, most sites know about this and they just deal with it. Should any complain, well, it's legal and the law is the law. I mean, that's what they always tell you when they legally screw you, right? :) 

Michael

Thanks, Michael. I used to use the Google "cache" option that used to appear on Google searches, but I think those are gone now, so this is good to know.

Interesting. So the PJ Media article does reference the Newsweek article, which admits that the set is fake, but the real controversy was the previous DENIALS by "Fact checkers" that it was fake, and how they're spinning the reasoning for it, now:

from the article:

"Reuters was aghast that anyone would dare say their candidate built a Potemkin Oval Office, calling the claim of a 'fake White House set' 'misleading.'
"But the fake fact-checkers were wrong. All wrong.
"In Sept. 2021, when Joe got his COVID booster in his Potemkin White House office, the Left’s fake fact-checkers pretended their previous protestations, guffaws, and 'fact checks' to the contrary were no big deal. Nothing to see here."

• 4 months later...

President Biden moans about the cost of gas but he may be contemplating something really wrong, just as President Nixon laid on wage and price controls. Instead, Mr. President, open up the Keystone Pipeline, and expand oil and gas production by untethering the Free Market. And ensure our trust in our good neighbor and ally, Canada. Peter    

From Wikipedia: . . . TransCanada Keystone Pipeline GP Ltd, abbreviated here as Keystone, operates four phases of the project. In 2013, the first two phases had the capacity to deliver up to 590,000 barrels (94,000 m3) per day of oil into the Midwest refineries. Phase III has capacity to deliver up to 700,000 barrels (110,000 m3) per day to the Texas refineries. By comparison, production of petroleum in the United States averaged 9.4 million barrels (1.5 million cubic meters) per day in first-half 2015, with gross exports of 500,000 barrels (79,000 m3) per day through July 2015 . . . . The pipeline became well known when Phase IV KXL attracted opposition from environmentalists, becoming a symbol of the battle over climate change and fossil fuels. In 2015 KXL was temporarily delayed by President Barack Obama. On January 24, 2017, President Donald Trump took action intended to permit the pipeline's completion. On January 20, 2021, President Joe Biden signed an executive order[ to revoke the permit[21] that was granted to TC Energy Corporation for the Keystone XL Pipeline (Phase 4). On June 9, 2021, TC Energy abandoned plans for the Keystone XL Pipeline . . . .

O Canada!
Beneath our shining skies,
May stalwart sons, and gentle maidens rise.
To keep thee steadfast through the years,
From east to western sea,
Our own beloved native land,
Our true north strong and free!

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

(Reuters) - Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who served as White House press secretary under Donald Trump, will deliver the Republican response to President Joe Biden's State of the Union address next week, party leaders announced on Thursday . . . Elected last year, in January, she became the first woman to lead the state of Arkansas . . . .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

(Reuters) - Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who served as White House press secretary under Donald Trump, will deliver the Republican response to President Joe Biden's State of the Union address next week, party leaders announced on Thursday . . . Elected last year, in January, she became the first woman to lead the state of Arkansas . . . .

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!