Biden

Peter

6 takeaways from Joe Biden's CNN town hall President Joe Biden took part in his first town hall since entering the White House last month, answering questions from CNN's Anderson Cooper (and audience members) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

1. A hard deadline on vaccinations: Less than five minutes into the town hall, Biden made a promise that will be the big news not just tomorrow but for months to come: He said that "by the end of July, we'll have over 600 million doses, enough to vaccinate every single American." . . . .

2. Clearing up the school reopening question: Biden's press shop got into a bit of hot water over the last week by claiming that schools opening one day a week would count toward his pledge to open the majority of schools within his first 100 days in office. Critics, rightly, pointed out that it appeared as a bit of a cop-out, since most parents, desperate after almost a year of virtual learning, don't see one day of school a week as anything close to normal. Biden blamed the confusion on a "mistake in communication," insisting that he believes that a majority of students from kindergarten to 8th grade would be back in school -- with "many" of them going five days a week.

3. Biden as comforter in chief: Perhaps the biggest contrast between Biden and the man he replaced in office is empathy. . . . .

4. The end of (talking about) Trump: Biden did his best not to mention the former President by name. (Biden's preferred way to name Trump without naming him was to refer to the 45th President as "the former guy.") . . . .

5. A radical view on polarization: Despite study after study that shows that both Congress and the nation as a whole are more deeply divided along party lines than ever before, Biden insisted that we're not. "The nation is not divided," he argued. "You have fringes on both ends." . . . .

6. A rambling man: Biden spent decades in the Senate prior to being chosen by former President Barack Obama to serve as vice president. And it showed on Tuesday night, as Biden gave long and winding answers to a number of the questions posed -- especially when it came to race and policing as well as how his administration would set policy in regard to China. . . .  

image.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

We have need of a "Biden" thread just as we needed a "Trump" thread.

Peter,

You may have a need of a new thread.

I don't.

I already made one a while back: 

The Biden Troubles

For me, when I want to talk about Biden, that's where I intend to do it.

Especially since everything he is doing in office is a legal travesty due to a stolen election.

Michael

I thought I would be fair and do Joe's Presidential thread the same as the best President ever's thread. This is mostly some things I said about Joe Biden over the years. Peter

My Dad Harley Taylor was the commander of the Ocean View VFW and then the assistant State Commander and finally he was the State Commander of the VFW for Delaware. Although Joe Biden was invited to my father’s inauguration he never showed. And for Dad’s other events he would send a “representative. Senator Blowhard was my name for him.

The moderator for the Biden/Palin Vice Presidential debate was a biased Obama fan. She ensured Biden at least pulled off a draw.

Introduction: Implementing the Ninth Amendment* By: Randy E. Barnett  The Rights Retained by the People: The History and Meaning of the Ninth Amendment Volume 2 George Mason University Press (1993): . . . . History may well mark the turning point for popular acceptance of natural rights theory in the United States to be Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Joseph Biden's opening statement during the Thomas confirmation hearings in which he openly embraced natural rights and stated that the issue for him was which version of natural rights the nominee favored. 152

Back in 2008. RUSH LIMBAUGH: By the way, ladies and gentlemen, also from the www.Change.gov website, office the president-elect, "Obama and Biden support a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens."  We will work with Mexico to make this happen.  Can anybody say amnesty?  It's right there on Obama's own website the plans that he has, and the plans that he doesn't have. 

Here is a letter I wrote to Barack and Joe after their inauguration. To President Obama and Vice President Biden. As a former soldier and the son of a career naval officer, I support, “Don’t ask, don’t tell.” When President Obama does away with “Don’t ask, don’t tell,” gay people in the military can openly express their sexuality as long as they continue to be military in their bearing, during the execution of their duties. When gays openly express their sexuality, it would be intolerant straight military personnel who have the problem and not the reverse.

Yet, my gut reaction to doing away with “don’t ask, don’t tell,” is this: it would not be a good thing. What if Sarge goes to the NCO club glammed up in eye makeup, lipstick and dressed in drag? It would compromise the morale of the majority of the troops. Of course, it would be the same if Sarge were a straight, maudlin and blubbering drunk at the NCO club. Both displays would be detrimental. President Obama should insist that certain homosexual or straight behaviors, even off duty or off post, can be inappropriate. He needs to spell it out. Semper cogitans fidele, Peter Taylor

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

I thought I would be fair...

To Biden?

Was he and his cartel fair?

I'm only posting here because I like you. 

So if you want your thread, you've got it.

I doubt you will get much interest in it, though.

Biden's not worth taking seriously other than as an impostor and thief and enemy of the US and probably pervert.

The only thing I hope from him is his ineptness will keep the agenda of his handlers paralyzed for the most part.

Michael

• Upvote 1

It may have been more than 19 at that SCOTUS gathering, Michael. But at a later indoor gathering fewer germs were spread and there was social distancing and masks worn. Peter

From Medical Daily. The question remains: How many of President Trump's 200 guests contracted the coronavirus after attending the announcement of his next Supreme Court nominee? The Sept. 26 gathering, since branded a super-spreader event, has resulted in at least 34 people connected to the event or to the White House testing positive for the coronavirus. An infected person could infect at least two other people.

Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, didn’t parse words Oct. 9 when he told CBS News Radio that data confirms Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s coming-out party seeded the virus’s spread.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

... at least 34 people connected to the event...

Peter,

WaPo? Really?

Check the sources in that article.

The best you are going to get is "... according to Wednesday’s senior leadership brief on the covid-19 response prepared by the Federal Emergency Management Agency."

To be fair, there was one name making statements, "CDC spokesman Jason McDonald." But he wasn't used as a source for any so-called facts.

Most of the time the sources were things like the following (and these are exact quotes from that article): "... experts said." "The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity..." "Several White House staffers and administration officials..."

And on and on and on.

You can believe these people. I don't.

At least, as your friend, let me give you some advice.

Don't buy a used car from them.

You might not like the experience...

:)

Michael

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You can believe these people. I don't.

At least, as your friend, let me give you some advice.

Don't buy a used car from them.

Well said. I agree. How did, and does, the news in general “spin” whatever President Trump says? No matter the headline they will add a twist that is derogatory to former President Trump but not to President O’Biden. I have a few examples below but be on the look-out for more test patterns in the news. Below, if the name Biden is replaced with the name Trump how would the following blurbs read? Peter

From The Hill: Biden reassures child with COVID-19 fears: 'I wouldn't worry about it, baby.'

From CNN: Biden shows he is the voice of presidential sanity.

From Politico:  Reparations bill tests Biden and Harris on racial justice. The House proposal has been introduced in every Congress for more than three decades and would establish a commission of experts to study direct payments to African Americans.

• Upvote 1

From Rasmussen: 54% of Voters Say Biden Is a ‘Puppet’ of the Left Friday, February 19, 2021. Less than a month after President Joe Biden’s inauguration, most voters believe the Democrat is “a puppet of the radical left” and not the moderate “nice guy” he was portrayed as being during the election campaign. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 54% of Likely U.S. Voters say they agree with this statement: “Joe Biden’s not the moderate nice guy that they made him out to be. He’s a puppet of the radical left.” Forty percent (40%) of voters disagree.

• 2 weeks later...

From Rasmussen about President Biden: The president earned a monthly job approval of 50% in February, his first full month in office. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapproved of his job performance last month.

If President Trump stays fit and lucid I say he will run again in 2024. A few years out of the White House resting in the Florida sun, and taking it easy politically, may be just the ticket. If I start getting solicitations for donations from his two online money trails I will start contributing to El Presidente again.

Right now I am worried Biden will thump Iran with way too big a stick. But I think his military advisors are similar if not the same as when President Trump was in office. The DOW is still going strong without any extensions to the Keystone Pipeline and President Biden’s economic meddling has yet to cross the line. Joe is so quiet you can hear a pin drop. We are two months into his first (and last?) term and he seems to be muddling along pretty much like Obama did. Peter    

From POLITICO: In the annual CPAC presidential straw poll released shortly before Trump spoke, 95 percent of conference attendees said the GOP should continue to embrace Trump’s issues and policy ideas, and 68 percent of attendees said Trump should run again in 2024. In a crowded field of potential presidential primary contenders, Trump ran miles ahead with 55 percent support, followed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, at 21 percent. Every other GOP politician polled registered in single digits. Still, for all the current energy surrounding Trump, CPAC is also a reminder of how quickly fortunes can change. In 2016, it was Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) who won the CPAC straw poll, followed by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) — both of them ultimately vanquished by Trump. In 2013, the year after the last presidential election won by a Democrat, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) was the toast of CPAC, before seeing his own presidential ambitions fade.

Who is the meanest, most intolerant, and stupid President in the last hundred years or more? Biden. Why?

Biden’s bad picks for Chief of Staff, DOJ leader, AND Vice President, etc. etc. etc.

Blue state bailout using the Coronavirus bill.

Undocumented aliens with Covid-19 being allowed to cross the border. Shelters at near capacity.

Calling Governors “Neanderthals” for doing what is right in their states.   

Graft. Continuing to let his family profit overseas, using the Biden label.

Zero HUMAN greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 stupidity. He should just kill all the cows, wildebeest, etc. that pass greenhouse gas out their A-holes.  Biden's environmental agenda is lowering Americans standards of living and GNP.

And he is just getting started!

On 3/3/2021 at 11:58 PM, Peter said:

If I start getting solicitations for donations from his two online money trails I will start contributing to El Presidente again.

Peter,

For elections, I think it is now only one online money trail (this one--just look at the URL :) ). btw - I'm not suggesting you donate. That's your decision. I'm just providing information.

But if Trump streamlining control of campaign finance pleases you, I believe these two articles will bring joy to your heart.

Enough Is Enough: Trump Tells GOP and Republicans to Quit Using His Name for Fundraising without Permission

and

Report: President Trump Positioning Resources and Strategy to Destroy DeceptiCons

The party's over for the imposters where Trump is concerned.

During this go around, at least you know the money will be spent on MAGA people and not Deep State people.

Michael

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oy. I never thought of these nuances. It describes how the Deep State keeps grinding on. Peter

Today's Top Stories From the Breitbart News Desk 

President Biden on Wednesday released the outline of his enormous $2 trillion tax and spending bill. It comes wrapped in the packaging of an infrastructure bill, but only a fraction of the bill is for rebuilding infrastructure as it is commonly understood. A huge portion of the bill will go to Green New Deal priorities and other items long on the Democratic Party's left-wing wish list. There is, for example, $40 billion for public housing. There's $10 billion for something called the Civilian Climate Corps. 

By some estimates, the corporate tax hikes are three times the size of the 2017 corporate tax cuts. They would return the U.S. to the highest statutory rate in the developed world. The OECD average is 23.59 percent. Yet corporate America—which has become increasingly vocal on leftwing issues—has barely objected. The CEO of Delta feels free to attack Georgia's voter integrity laws but has not spoken up against this enormous tax hike. 

There are at least three reasons for this silence. One, our biggest corporations do not pay the statutory rate. That's for the suckers with small businesses and without armies of lawyers and lobbyists. Second, corporate executives are rewarded for outperforming other executives. So long as everyone's tax rate moves in the same direction, there's not much to object to. In fact, high taxes with lots of loopholes are best for corporate leaders. 

Importantly, there is so much spending in this bill that it easily dwarfs whatever pain tax hikes might inflict. There is $174 billion to subsidize electric vehicles and the related charging infrastructure, more than enough to buy off the compliance of automakers. One hundred billion dollars to build high-speed broadband infrastructure, padding the profits of the tech and telecom industries. There are R&D subsidies, $50 billion for semiconductor subsidies, $31 billion for small-business subsidies. If you spread the handouts around widely enough, it becomes easier to win support for handouts. 

Don't miss the bigger picture. The deeper purpose of this bill is to remake the economy, with the government playing a much larger role in almost every aspect of business and employment. As the Wall Street Journal explained, the spending program "would reverse Reagan-era tacit understanding that public sector is less efficient than the private in allocating resources." Big government, in short, is not just back—it's going to be everywhere if this bill passes. 

– Alex Marlow & John Carney Breitbart News Network 

Biden’s plan to make everyone carry ID that shows you have been vaccinated before you can enter a public building sounds “interesting”.  Now where and when did we hear of that before? Oh, yeah. Nazi Germany. If that stupid, totalitarian plan had been implemented there would have been passive resistance and violence to defend individual rights. The book “Slanted” mentioned below sounds interesting. Peter

Notes. Friday, April 02, 2021 The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll, Sponsored by SLANTED from Sharyl Attkisson, for Friday shows that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Biden’s job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove.

CNN's Jim Acosta said reporters are experiencing "post-Trump stress disorder" following the former president's exodus from the White House. end quote

Of course everyone knows but they are all in cahoots! I watched SNL and saw the same after election Trump-bashing for weeks, but last night they made fun of Conservative Republicans in general before I turned them off. When Trump was elected they trashed him right then and there, but Biden is getting a pass from their satire. My visceral response was, “What awful people,” especially after I could see the glee on their faces as they did Propaganda Satire.

One sure way to rile up the right  to make any decision at all about public buildings, public lands or public areas in general. I believe that theoncept of a public is problematic to those whose standard of value is the private individual and his private rights. I know an exO'ist who believes that there should be only private property - every single centimetre of land on  the planet should be privately owned ( I'm not sure about bodies of water).

The concept of public health also has a suspicious ring about it, health care is strenuously private in the US despite worldwide trends in the other direction.

Voting is also considered an individual, not  a public process, and the notion of requiring stringent identification for that met with no thoughts of Nazi tactics to you, Peter, did they?

I'm just saying.

Happy Easter

What would be an efficient and egalitarian way to provide a universally recognized legal instrument to demonstrate one’s identity? Post horse and buggy drivers’ license with photos seem a good enough vehicle for the task.

Or is the fascist part in trying to ensure one person one vote ? Don’t you need , meaning isn’t it a legal necessity to ascertain the identity of the individual voters in order to prosecute the election ?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I actually agreed with Peters comments on replacing signature comparisons (too subject to subjectivity) to more objectively solid forms of ID. 

I was really talking about context,as perhaps you picked up.Stringent voting laws in Georgia, good. Stringent mask laws in Georgia courthouse, bad. To extend the point. The expected outcomes of such laws are good, but nobody believes in anybody's good intentions anymore.

Edited by caroljane
typo

2 hours ago, tmj said:

Don’t you need , meaning isn’t it a legal necessity to ascertain the identity of the individual voters in order to prosecute the election ?

Absolutely. you need to show your Driver's license in Maryland and ours have a lot of security features. I am not sure what happens if you don't have one.  

10 hours ago, caroljane said:

One sure way to rile up the right  to make any decision at all about public buildings, public lands or public areas in general.

Carol,

That's way oversimplified.

Here's just one contrary example. President Trump decreed the building of a gigantic statue park of American heroes. This included the park being spread out across the country. On public lands.

The right had no problem at all with this.

Michael

13 hours ago, caroljane said:

I was really talking about context,as perhaps you picked up.Stringent voting laws in Georgia, good. Stringent mask laws in Georgia courthouse, bad.

Yes, mask laws in Georgia courthouse are bad.

But what Peter said Biden is proposing is far worse:

23 hours ago, Peter said:

Biden’s plan to make everyone carry ID that shows you have been vaccinated before you can enter a public building sounds “interesting”.

Get that? Vaccination ID.

Ellen