The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

Now he has to live with her.

After all the rioting, it makes sense he would choose someone who has a reputation for being overzealous on crime.

But wait until the unruly crowd among Trump supporters (the 4chan-like younger people) finish doing a Sarah Palin on her.

She has a LOT to hide that's not going to look so good when uncovered.

Even Willie Brown told her not to accept (see here). Does anyone think he was looking out for her, or looking out for him, under the coming scrutiny and barrage?

And that's just for starters.

Michael

On 8/10/2020 at 1:49 PM, Jon Letendre said:
On 8/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, william.scherk said:

Future gitmo resident.

Jon,

People who ask either-or questions like that, whether they intend to or not, are trying to rule out it could be both.

🙂

btw - Now that she's VP pick for Biden, she better have done a good job cleaning up more than nips and tucks on her face. There's a lot of ugliness in her past. Evil kind of ugliness.

Michael

On “The Five”: Attacks on her will be portrayed as Sexist and Racist. Trump won’t have a problem going after her though. Bret Baer thinks her strict record in law enforcement will help because no one on the left will NOT vote for her even if she was a top prosecutor.

Let’s get real. I think she is the best pick for Biden’s campaign, and will energize the Democratic Party. As Joe’s 55 year old, attractive back up “President” she lessens fears about Biden’s mental acuity and physical health. Peter

Will her more conservative approach affect how many blacks vote for her? I don’t think so. What percent of black voters will vote for the Republican party of Lincoln, this time? Fewer? I think so. Will more women vote for the Democratic ticket too? Again, I think so. What percent of political pundits, if they are honest, think she is a good pick? We shall see, but . . . . can you feel the energy . . . and hear the cheering on the Left? But all these things will need to play out.

Princeton University Press. African Americans are Democrats. Since 1968 no Republican presidential candidate has received more than 13% of the African American vote and surveys of African Americans regularly show that upwards of 80% of African Americans self-identify as Democrats.  However, understanding why African Americans are such steadfast supporters of the Democratic Party is not as straightforward as it seems. Although committed to the Democratic Party, African Americans are actually one of the most conservative blocs of Democratic supporters. As political scientist Tasha Philpot’s 2017 book title suggests, African Americans are “Conservative but Not Republican.” Understanding how it is that African Americans have been able to maintain such strong support for the Democratic Party despite their increasingly diverging interest with the party is the subject of our new book, Steadfast Democrats: How Social Forces Shape Black Political Behavior.

Trump supporters are completely loyal and Kamala won’t draw in any votes from them. Will the Biden campaign control “the spin” among Independents and people “on the fence?” They will certainly try. Will she be a good campaigner? She didn’t excite very many voters during the primary so who knows. I think she will add to Biden’s popular vote count.  But can she add to the electoral college vote?   

From Bing. Political spin, in politics, the attempt to control or influence communication in order to deliver one’s preferred message. Spin is a pejorative term often used in the context of public relations practitioners and political communicators.

What is spin propaganda? In public relations and politics, spin is a form of propaganda, achieved through knowingly providing a biased interpretation of an event or campaigning to persuade public opinion in favor or against some organization or public figure.

What is spin tactic? While spin is often considered to be a private sector tactic, in the 1990s and 2000s, some politicians and political staff have been accused by their opponents of using deceptive "spin" tactics to manipulate public opinion or deceive the public.

In case anyone needs fact from Kamala Harris's past, Wikileaks has decided to help with search problems.

If you know how to go to Wikileaks, you won't have to worry about them shadow-banning or censoring anything you want to look at and find out.

For normal voters, this won't mean much. But for the writers who serve normal voters, this will be a priceless source of correct information.

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Let’s get real. I think she is the best pick for Biden’s campaign, and will energize the Democratic Party.

Peter,

That would be to somebody like us.

Among the Democrats, don't forget that all it took was one well-placed barrage of truth only a few minutes long against Harris by Tulsi Gabbard to knock Harris completely out of the running during the presidential primaries.

If the party bosses thought Tulsi was so deadly they backed off, wait until this same issue goes against Harris in the hands of Trump.

I know they are strategizing this very point and have been for a while, but ultimately all they will have is a mountain of words and videos. The hatred of Harris and what she did by huge chunks of Democrats is a reality that will not go away.

People like you and me have little idea what the seething fury and loathing these Dems have of her feels like. What's more, many of the black males she put in jail for years over weed were let out of jail by President Trump. Guess who they are going to vote for, even while holding their noses?

An indication of all this is the following.

Do you know what the biggest progressive video news site is? It's called The Young Turks. According to Cenk Uygur, the fearless leader over there, they got a half a billion views of their material in June. Let's say that TYT directly influences about half the Bernie Bros. (It's actually more, but I'm toning it down to make a point.)

So the DNC should be sucking up to them, right?

That's not what happened. TYT was just now communicated that it is not invited to cover the Democrat National Convention. The DNC told that directly to them. There are videos showing documents and everything out there.

The party bosses at least know the shit-storm--and the size of it--that is coming right at them from within the Democratic Party itself. They are already in damage control mode. And that is a stinking rotten place to be at the beginning of a campaign. You're supposed to go in damage control mode after you are running and something blows up on you. Not before you even start running...

I honestly think it plausible that a secretly-nudged Biden death is in the works with them. Or at least it has been seriously considered behind closed doors. That would solve a lot of problems for the party bosses. I'm not saying it will happen, but, in my opinion, I have little doubt it has been looked at deeply by higher ups as an alternative.

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

On “The Five”: Attacks on her will be portrayed as Sexist and Racist. Trump won’t have a problem going after her though. Bret Baer thinks her strict record in law enforcement will help because no one on the left will NOT vote for her even if she was a top prosecutor.

Let’s get real. I think she is the best pick for Biden’s campaign, and will energize the Democratic Party. As Joe’s 55 year old, attractive back up “President” she lessens fears about Biden’s mental acuity and physical health. Peter

mmmkay...

Scott Adams mentioned a new nickname for Joe Biden.

He prefaced it by saying he was not going to put it out on Twitter because it goes against his values. Strongly goes against his values and is not what he is.

(He did put it out in the YouTube video I saw, though.)

And he said he was a horrible person for finding it funny. Then he said it was the one of the funniest nicknames to date.

Do you want to know what it is?

Tired of waiting?

Well, here it comes...

Joe Blow.

🙂

Michael

On 7/29/2020 at 3:16 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I still think she's not VP material. I don't see her invigorating Biden's campaign at all.

Least of all among the blacks. (A wing of blacks will rejoice, but black unity on voting Dem by default is already shattered. Harris, in my opinion, will shrink the middle as they migrate to Trump or stay home. Ditto for the hardcore progressives.)

In fact, I see her as a voter drag in general. If she's chosen, that will become evident to the puppet-masters in the back rooms after it is too late.

If Kamala Harris is going to be this much of a drag on the Democratic ticket, I expect Trump supporters will be thanking Biden for picking the "best" candidate from a Trump campaign point of view -- if not celebrating right now, celebrating when the polls show her deadly effect on Biden's already dim chances.

Ordinarily, a party nominee experiences at least a mild "bounce" of apparent support after the national party convention, only to give it up shortly thereafter. So, in about a month or so we will probably see the effects of Biden's choice/blunder.

National polls are essentially meaningless to the Electoral College map. If you follow the wildly profuse polling landscape or sample RCP averages, you don't have to bother with the BS national numbers. Just keep your eyes out for change in the so-called swing states and states Trump won by a relatively close margin in 2016.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan

2016_EC~2.png

Edited by william.scherk
Fixed image; spelking error; added "after the national party convention"

What will the composite Real Clear Politics poll say about Biden's choice? I think he has been 8 points over Trump up until now. Of course I understand polls are wrong unless they support your choice, joke. However, every campaign pays attention to them and disperses resources to states they can carry.   

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Joe Blow.

That's a good one. How about Comma or Kama but pronounced comma for her?  

Edit. What? Koma has no nickname? How about Kommon then? Or how about semi colon or semi comma? Naw. That makes no sense. 

From NBC News. Harris was difficult to pin down ideologically in the Democratic presidential primary, which left many voters wondering what she stood for and hurt her candidacy and ultimately forced an early exit last December before the first votes were cast. But it also made her a more complicated target for attacks by Trump, who has also struggled to land a punch on Biden: During the Democratic primary, Harris was a rare candidate who polled near the front of the pack but never earned a derisive nickname from the president.

4 hours ago, william.scherk said:

If Kamala Harris is going to be this much of a drag on the Democratic ticket, I expect Trump supporters will be thanking Biden for picking the "best" candidate from a Trump campaign point of view -- if not celebrating right now, celebrating when the polls show her deadly effect on Biden's already dim chances.

William,

Not only Trump supporters.

President Trump himself.

I heard him say he did not believe Kamala Harris was going to be picked because of a series of reasons (like her treatment of Brett Kavanaugh in the confirmation hearings and her nastiness toward Biden himself--this coming from Trump 🙂 ). But from his angle, she was his number one draft pick, meaning that she was much easier to beat in the campaign than the others. He also referred to her 2% or so ratings in the primaries, which was probably a factor in his assessment. 

President Trump said that twice today, once during a press conference and once during an interview with Hannity.

Michael