2 hours ago, tmj said:

It looks like the Proud Boys are not exactly pacifists , but the idea that they are an armed militia organized on the principles of white supremacy is a media concoction.

Thanks. I did not know that. But I do know they are too old to be boys so why pick a name like that? I would not join a group like that. I get it that an on the ground presence is wanted / needed to cancel groups like Antifa but I don't plan on cowering in my basement OR joining in on skull banging. As the replacement Trump flags here on the Eastern Shore say, "Don't tread on me!" 

Mischievous? I rest my case. Got enough food, water, and coffee on hand TMJ? On the Weather Channel winter storm Uri is being discussed and how it will affect the mid-south with power outages, blasts of snow, ice and bitter cold. In Amarillo it will go down to a wind chill of minus 10. Texas power wind mills are freezing up requiring the state to tap into their cache of propane they have. The storm will hit the northeast on Monday and there is another storm on its heels.

DC will be spared so I guess that is a good thing. Wink, wink.   

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Thanks. I did not know that. But I do know they are too old to be boys so why pick a name like that? I would not join a group like that. I get it that an on the ground presence is wanted / needed to cancel groups like Antifa but I don't plan on cowering in my basement OR joining in on skull banging. As the replacement Trump flags here on the Eastern Shore say, "Don't tread on me!" 

Well, that's all well and good, then, Peter. But, rest assured: No matter HOW peaceful, how principled, and how morally correct your particular form of resistance might be, no matter how RIGHT, it will be seen as ALT-RIGHT by the Left, and you will be accused of all the same things that the Proud Boys and others have been. Ask the libertarians who've tried to make peace with the left, only to be smeared as Nazis, or the ARI, who was smeared by Paul Krugman (whatever ARI's faults, they are not the ones Krugman invented). And you'll be scratching your head when it's YOU who is accused of sedition and rebellion, saying, "but I'm not like that! That's not me!"

They don't care, Peter. They don't care. They've already called for harrassment, deplatforming, "cancelling", and "re-education camps".  They've targeted PEACEFUL protesters from 1/6 with this already, and people have lost insurance and jobs over it for doing NOTHING WRONG (never mind that Antifa was allowed to riot and burn churches, but you don't want to talk about that; as Ayn Rand would say, "blank-out"). They've singled out members of the military and smeared them as "white supremacists" simply for being Trump supporters.  But they've been doing all this long before January, anyway. Hell, they've called for this against people who simply voted for Trump.

Wait, YOU voted for Trump, right?

Perhaps you're in favor of seeing the state fall, but not just yet...maybe you don't want others to rock the boat and piss off the overseers, but would rather everyone else wait until after you've rode your pension and your bennies off into the sunset of your golden years... Well, we don't get to pick and choose the times, the times choose us. But if you don't think the state wouldn't cut you off for voting for Trump, you're sadly mistaken.

We're all equal guilty in their eyes. You can shame Trump all you want. But you are not excluded from this. There's no camoflage, here. You, Peter,  can deny Trump 3 times before the cock crows, just as the Biblical Peter denied Jesus. But they'll still know who you are.  You may not be a Judas delivering him to Caiphus, but  stop being their useful idiot. They'll come for you, too.

P

Had a heck of a go of it re winterness, decided to employ someone to plow my driveway this season but ended up stuck for days due to truck failures and irresponsibility. Still stocked up though.

Re McInnes, "Proud" would indicate the mischievousness was amended.

When I see people condemning Trump for the January Capital incident, and smearing peaceful protesters as "insurrectionists" while minimizing or ignoring the left's OUTRIGHT support of BLM and ANTIFA's reign of terror all year...it reminds me when Pontius Pilate offered to free one prisoner, Jesus or Barabbas, the zealous murderer. The mob chose to free Bababbas and to crucify Christ. It's not an exact parallel, but it is an ominous one, nonetheless...Perhaps it's because it's easier to crucify the passive person, who practices restraing, who offers no unearned threat, as opposed to the violent ones who puts up the bigger fight?

THIS is the moral equivalent of who's been freed and and who's been sentenced, today.

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Perhaps others flow with the epistemological wind and change with every new conspiracy theory but I do not. I am not a shameless hypocrite. I am waiting for the evidence. To me it is interesting that there has NOT been much info given from The Secret Service, the FBI, or the Capitol police. And much of the info given has been from the hateful and partisan Democratic Legislature and the leftist internet and TV pundits.

"None so blind..." You're waiting for criminals to provide you with incontrovertible proof. And you're missing the forest for the trees, Peter. This has been a long time coming. If you can't see it, that's your blindness. And I'm not just talking about what the MSM is currently hiding from us, and what the state is lying to us about. I'm talking the "long march through the institutions", the stuff that Ayn Rand and others have been WARNING US ABOUT FOR DECADES. It's Here.

And this has NOTHING to do with "conspiracy theory"; whatever the Q business may or may not be, that's just one facet of all this. I've never needed a Q to show me; I've seen it with my own eyes, and experienced it live. I've seen the riots going back to earlier than Occupy Wall Street, back to the GOP Convention riots in Philadelphia. I've worked around leftists who openly called for this stuff, and threatened widespread violence, and againt me, personally, for having the audacity to challenge the narrative.

You say, "Perhaps others flow with the epistemological wind and change with every new conspiracy theory but I do not."

To that, I say, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining." Perhaps you're comfortable in your current spot in the crab bucket, but I'll be damned if I'll sit by and say nothing while you try to pull the other crabs back down with you. You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, Peter.  And you don't have to be Q to know that the storm is upon us.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

You, Peter,  can deny Trump 3 times before the cock crows, just as the Biblical Peter denied Jesus. But they'll still know who you are.  You may not be a Judas delivering him to Caiphus, but  stop being their useful idiot. They'll come for you, too.

TG,

I love how you are tying the meaning of Christian stories to what is unfolding before our eyes.

(I have to say something, though. This is not an implied criticism of Peter. He is on his own journey and staying true to what he sees, even though it is different than what I do. What value would his acquiescence have--for him, for me, for you, or for anyone--if he bore false witness to his own eyes just to go along with others? I admire Peter. Now, if I could only convince him to look at reality using air molecules and photons only without the filter of an electronic screen... :evil: :) 

Back to Christian stories. As this is a site focused on Objectivism, I bet many people who read your posts are getting a view of Christianity they were not aware of. And it is probably making some uncomfortable.

I certainly hope so. :) 

One does not have to be Christian, or Jewish for that matter, to appreciate this culture and stories, realize the hidden depths and see the good.

A few years ago, I did what most in O-Land I have talked to about this did not do. I read the Bible from cover to cover. Many parts more than once and in different translations. And I did it in my "identify correctly" mode as much as I could muster, meaning without preconceptions.

After that, I had to conclude that altruism, Rand's meaning of altruism, is not the core of Christianity. She basically got that from Nietzsche. Altruism can be--and is--used as a weapon to disarm people by the bad guys (getting them lay down their free will, so to speak), but that is only one form of altruism--a deductive extension of religious (or other) doctrine in certain contexts. Rand's achievement was in making the weaponry clear, not in taking down a major religion.

And she totally missed the social glue part of all major religions.

(This is a long discussion for another time.)

Once I was able to see this, and what an eye-opening it was, I was able to probe and get value from Rand's insights further--much further--than I had before when I simply took her at her word about works and ideas I had not looked at first-hand.

As for those with jerky knees who think you are selling out (believe me, there are such people--they think I have sold out, too :) ), here is one of my favorite passages--from Proverbs, 31:6-7.

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

:) 

To be more exact, let me qualify this passage for the current context by strategically inserting the word "intellectual."

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to intellectually perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Let him drink, and forget his intellectual poverty, and remember his misery no more.

Michael

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

(I have to say something, though. This is not an implied criticism of Peter. He is on his own journey and staying true to what he sees, even though it is different than what I do. What value would his acquiescence have--for him, for me, for you, or for anyone--if he bore false witness to his own eyes just to go along with others? I admire Peter. Now, if I could only convince him to look at reality using air molecules and photons only without the filter of an electronic screen... :evil: :) 

Michael, I understand all that, and could let slide the overriding pessimism of his posts, if it weren't for his own constant swipes at the rest of us about all this when we're trying to work out what we are seeing with our eyes, his persistence in straw-man arguments, and his air of superiority over us "fools" and our so-called "conspiracy theories." So it goes both ways. I'll leave it at that, I've said my peace about it. But yes, I'd rather him not bear "false witness", as you say, to his own eyes.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

One does not have to be Christian, or Jewish for that matter, to appreciate this culture and stories, realize the hidden depths and see the good.

TG,

I love how you are tying the meaning of Christian stories to what is unfolding before our eyes.

Back to Christian stories. As this is a site focused on Objectivism, I bet many people who read your posts are getting a view of Christianity they were not aware of. And it is probably making some uncomfortable.

I certainly hope so. :) 

Thanks. It's not where I started out a year ago with all this, but it seems to be the predominant opposition to the Swamp, so it can't be avoided. Even ATLAS SHRUGGED is steeped in the imagery, even if it's as a challenge, but still. I guess Jordan Peterson was onto something when he said that American is really still Christian deep-down, even the atheists, culturally speaking.

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

If only more people did this, the marriage between the media and Deep State/Democratic Party would end in divorce.

What a nice moment.

It felt like taking a bath after not being able to for a week doing hard labor in hot country...

Michael

Wow! 

Loved that! 

With the metaphysical threats of China, the wuflu attack on western civilization, the rise of a brazen global oligarchy, and totalitarian ideas like the Great Reset, and the recent elections and kangaroo impeachments...

I’m starting to feel like Ayn Rand’s overwhelming focus on altruism was slightly misguided, in the sense that it is not the evil (out there) as such, it is a misdirection and a weapon used by the naked will to power and domination by the tyrannically inclined, targeting our weaknesses to obtain obedience.  But that will to power the tyrannical powers of the psyche seem now to have been unleashed in the powerful and in the sheeple.

The absolute monarch, the oligarchs, the totalitarian they do not hold altruism or community or equality as principles, but as tools of control.  When there are few evil doers we protect ourselves from the ideas they try to use against us, but once the evil doers become prevalent or the majority we few must protect ourselves from them not just their ideas.

The primary external evil is no longer the internal moral failing of the individual, even though it may have been its primary agitator and may have derived its primary power from it in the form of a population who has fallen to and the joined the ranks of the enemies of freedom.

We see the will to power using against us everything we hold dear, peace, harmony, family, our own sense of empathy and benevolence both as threat and as alms.

Granted, Ayn Rand knew of these dynamics and warned us all that this might happen, but the overwhelming focus of warnings against altruism seem out of balance now.  That was primarily a preventative, and not enough people listened.

In her lifetime perhaps it was best to try to stem the philosophical tide toward oblivion, to warn the culture running for the edge of the cliff, but now that it or a large part has careened over, what message or warning or exhortation can be made to those few sane left, perhaps clinging to the edge of the cliff and straining with the dark insane evil mass of suffering still dangling from their feel by some sharp claw, what kind of advice can be given to them who still wish to save themselves?

I begin to feel that a philosophical rejection of Altruism is insufficient now that what it focused on to avoid has come to pass... the power hungry disdain all such ideas, the masses form a new mob of the power hungry, and freedom lovers have no fight with their own ideas as they do with existential threats to their freedoms, their values, their very lives.

philosophy perhaps has run its course?

sigh 

Just starting to feel something...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ThatGuy said, “Michael, I understand all that, and could let slide the overriding pessimism of his posts, if it weren't for his own constant swipes at the rest of us about all this when we're trying to work out what we are seeing with our eyes, his persistence in straw-man arguments, and his air of superiority over us "fools" and our so-called "conspiracy theories."

Pessimism? As of this moment I don’t see a Trump restart, but I have not changed my good opinion of him. However, he made at least one bad mistake when he denied the science about the wuflu (that’s a good name!) and exposed himself, his family, and many others to the virus. Is anyone still denying that the wuflu exists or has that moronic theory gone the way of . . . the unicorn?

Superiority? My use of Spock-ian reason leaves no room for personal emotions and I base my arguments on the facts. Semi-joke. But you are engaging in psychologizing, and if you look for conspiracy theories to shape YOUR theories . . . you are not an objectivist. Period. Boo, hiss.      

• Smile 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

However, he made at least one bad mistake when he denied the science about the wuflu (that’s a good name!) and exposed himself, his family, and many others to the virus. Is anyone still denying that the wuflu exists or has that moronic theory gone the way of . . . the unicorn?

Peter,

I don't understand this.

I don't know of a single person who denies the science behind Wuflu. Not one.

President Trump even fast tracked the development of several vaccines with several pharmaceutical companies and gave daily public briefings--on the science--for a long time.

Trump also fast tracked the use of treatment medication for COVID-19, much of which is effective.

If Biden now has vaccines to play Big Brother with, Trump made them happen even before Biden's cartel stole the election.

How did you miss all that?

Or did you?

I don't understand...

Michael

2 hours ago, Peter said:

But you are engaging in psychologizing, and if you look for conspiracy theories to shape YOUR theories . . . you are not an objectivist. Period. Boo, hiss.      

Peter, it's obvious that we've got nothing constructive to say to each other, so, walking away from this. Go in peace.

If one is going to stage a coup like a stolen election or military takeover, one needs a strong man or woman to lead the aftermath to consolidate power.

The Biden impostors did stage a coup and pulled it off, but Biden is not a strong man and his gang live in a bubble. They constantly show they are scared to death.

The following article at Gateway Pundit shows what this looks like and why the impostors are terrified.

It’s Clear – Since the 2020 Election – Joe Biden and His Gang Are Scared to Death of Facing the American People

The article didn't mention it, but a month after Biden took office, President Trump still leads in the headlines. This is with a press that is slobbering all over Biden.

Think about it. Did Bush lead in the headlines a month after Obama took office? Did Clinton lead after Bush took office?

Yet Trump leads with Biden in office. Does anyone expect this will not continue? Of course it will. And the Biden impostors get what that means.

But rather then quoting text from the article, I'm going to have some fun and crib the photos.

The following is Biden's Washington DC right now. Why is the military still there? Are they protecting against the Chinese? The Russians? The Mouse That Roared? No. They are protecting Biden and his impostors against the American people.

image.png

The following happened before the election last year. That is what the Biden impostors fear.

image.png

The following is what a typical Biden rally looked like before the election.

image.png

The following was a Trump rally. From what I remember, that was a rally before the 2016 election, but still, if President Trump had wanted to do that running against Biden, I am certain he would have--even with the virus. And that is what the Biden impostors fear.

image.png

The following is what President Trump's inauguration looked like. That is what the Biden impostors fear.

image.png

Why do they fear it? Because the following is what Biden's inauguration looked like. 

image.png

The following Trump rally was not too long ago in Butler, Pennsylvania. Could Biden pull that off? Not in your wildest dreams, even with people bussed in as fake audience. That is what the Biden impostors fear.

image.png

Sometimes a visual comparison makes things clear with an impact a lot of words can't.

I know it made me feel good to do this post.

Michael

• Upvote 2

I looked on the coronavirus thread and I could not find anyone “denying the existence of” Covid other than mention of some news stories that denied the actual severity of the disease. But I seem to remember some people not looking at the science. So sorry, for using too wide a brush. Peter

Notes. Michael wrote last year . . . btw - Since WHO declared the coronavirus outbreak as a pandemic, I love how President Trump responded. According to the globalists, he was supposed to put the US under a global authority control (say, WHO, or maybe something health-related from the UN). Instead, he banned travel from Europe--not all of Europe. Just the EU part of Europe that was globalist in nature.

The True Believer: “Thoughts On The Nature Of Mass Movements” is a non-fiction book authored by American philosopher Eric Hoffer. Published in 1951, it depicts a variety of arguments in terms of applied world history and social psychology to explain why mass movements arise to challenge the status quo. Hoffer discusses the sense of individual identity and the holding to particular ideals that can lead to fanaticism among both leaders and followers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I don't understand...

As I have said before, I think President Trump took the virus "lightly" and exposed a lot of people to the virus. Remember the 19 who came down with it from the SCOTUS installation ceremony? He would have won even with the coronavirus on the horizon but after that unwise move I think it cost him him the one percent more he needed for reelection. Not that there was a totally clean election but I stand with the two Trump top employees who saw no "wide spread corruption" or the theft of the Presidency. Peter    

To continue the post on what the Biden impostors fear, here is another article from The Gateway Pundit.

Crowd Goes Wild as President Trump Drives Past in Motorcade at Rally in West Palm Beach on President’s Day (VIDEO)

And to continue the fun, I am cribbing the tweets with video.

First, this is Biden leaving Camp David today after playing Mario Kart there. Don't forget the Biden quote: "We're about to go into a dark winter."

And here is a Trump drive-by in Florida today on President's Day:

Doing this post made me feel good, too.

Michael

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

As I have said before, I think President Trump took the virus "lightly" and exposed a lot of people to the virus. Remember the 19 who came down with it from the SCOTUS installation ceremony? He would have won even with the coronavirus on the horizon but after that unwise move I think it cost him him the one percent more he needed for reelection. Not that there was a totally clean election but I stand with the two Trump top employees who saw no "wide spread corruption" or the theft of the Presidency. Peter    

Peter,

Now I really don't understand.

Michael

• Upvote 1

P

19 people may have contracted the China Death Plague and those same people may have attended the SCOTUS ceremony, but it is almost a certainty they did not contract it at an outside event. Oh and They went not sure how DJT gave it to them even lightly.

Lots and lots of public Antifa and BLM gatherings (including riots) back then. Lots and lots of other public leftie things, too.

And lots and lots of folks and all of them without social distancing and without masks...

But since the fake news media didn't cover it...

Nobody died.

I guess...

:evil: 

Michael

• Like 1

btw - Some day someone needs to make a compilation of all the videos out there like this. I just came across this one by chance.

Here are the angry Trump supporters who invaded the Capitol (more like invited and ushered in by the guards).

There are tons of videos like this. The Trump supporters for real, even the LARPERs acted like this and policed each other.

The anti-Trump infiltrators were climbing the walls and breaking windows and doing things like that. 

But the infiltrators were all the fake news media showed (except for a couple of freak shows like the buffalo horn guy, who was obviously ushered in and staged with a lot of inside help. The fake news media did not show videos like the one above.

Most Trump supporters who went into the Capitol on Jan. 6 thought they were allowed in, seeing how the guards were acting like it was OK for them to be there. Kind of like a jazzed up guided tour.

You ought to see the videos of them walking calmly and admiringly between rope stand barriers that demarcated paths where they were permitted to walk. They stayed on the paths between the barriers and took selfies. If I can find a video of that, I will post it, but I have seen several.

However, you won't see that stuff in the mainstream fake-ass narrative.

Michael

On 2/14/2021 at 10:46 AM, Peter said:

When was the President’s Capitol speech? January 6. When were the Capitol riots” January 6, JUST after the speech. My narrative has not changed. I saw and listened to the speech. I saw what happened on my TV in real time. And I certainly know that news is “filtered” so I keep an open mind. But “seein’s believin’.” I certainly remember what was said at that time on Objectivist Living from people I like and listen to.

Perhaps others flow with the epistemological wind and change with every new conspiracy theory but I do not. I am not a shameless hypocrite. I am waiting for the evidence. To me it is interesting that there has NOT been much info given from The Secret Service, the FBI, or the Capitol police. And much of the info given has been from the hateful and partisan Democratic Legislature and the leftist internet and TV pundits.

How long will it be before the rioters are thoroughly interrogated, tried, and convicted? Does anyone have a timeline? Peter

There was a scientist named Gaede a hundred years ago who was asked if he would believe "it" if he saw it with his own eyes? "Certainly not!" he replied. "First I would test it with many instruments!"

--Brant

no known relation