UFO - Not Conspiracy Theory Anymore

UFO - Not Conspiracy Theory Anymore

As Jimmy Dore just pointed out, now that CNN has reported it, UFO's are no longer the domain of tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

As the gatekeeper to PermittedThink, CNN and the other fakenews mainstream media will tell you what to think and when it's OK to change the party line. Until then, especially about asking questions like during elections, just consume and agree and obey... obey... obey...

:)

As an aside, even Jimmy noted that the use of the term "conspiracy theory" was established by the CIA right after the Kennedy assassination to shut down discussions.

Anyway, in the video below, Jimmy posts tracking feed of UFO's from Navy pilots. And the UFO's do things that the Navy equipment cannot keep up with.

At least the aliens will be happy to know CNN approves of talking about them. Otherwise, they would not exist at all. There is power in the press...

Thank God here in America we have CNN and a mainstream media establishment that can tell us what to think and when to think so we don't have to.

Michael

Mick West of Metabunk wrote an interesting article on a 'crowd-sourcing' process of examining UFOs (or 'unidentified aerial phenomena'), at Skeptical Inquirer:

"Curated Crowdsourcing In UFO Investigations," from: Skeptical Briefs Volume 27.1 / May 25, 2017

[...] Skydentify is a sub-forum on Metabunk.com where people who enjoy identifying unknown aerial objects collaborate to do just that. We specialize in aircraft and contrails but cover all kind of unidentified phenomena, so this was just the type of thing the Skydentify crowd likes. The next day, January 7, @Trailblazer posted that he had found the ADS-B coverage for that area on that day.

ADS-B is a relatively new system where aircraft use GPS to locate themselves and then broadcast their position, altitude, heading, etc., over radio to local ADS-B receivers. These receivers then share the information over the Internet, where it is collated and made freely available to the public by sites such as planefinder.net and flightradar24.com. The data is archived, and you can look at what planes were where at any time for several years back.

It quickly became apparent that there were only two possible planes. Due to the age of the data, we initially only had an overhead view of the air traffic, and I thought it was a twin engine LAN airlines plane (LA330). However, on January 8, I converted the data to a 3D format viewable in Google Earth, and it seemed that a four engine Iberian jet (IB6830) was a better fit for most of the movement of the object, although LA330 seemed a bit better for the second contrail in the video. [...]

-- for folks interested in the three videos currently being discussed in various forums and outlets, another item from Metabunk ...

metabunkNavyUAO.png

Edited by william.scherk
On the one hand, on the other hand, on the other hands ... + added link to the Skeptical Inquirer site

Was all that special effects cause by the viewing equipment? The initial imaging is still unidentified but I think it could be generated by one real, outside object or one computer generated object, viewed through different platforms and permutations.  Zoom in. Zoom out. Rotate. A kid’s kite could look like a UFO with a bit of Miley Cyrus tweeking and twerking.  

The Abominable Snowman  

What is a UFO? It is an Unidentified Flying Object. It is a flying object that is not identified. It does not mean it's an alien craft from outer space. It means merely you don't know what it is.

If you identify it as an alien craft from outer space, it is no longer unidentified; it is identified and should be called an IFO, Identified Flying Object.

UFOs are real. There are flying objects that you don't know what they are. Alien crafts from outer space are not proved and not likely considering the extreme distances of the stars and considering they are not likely from Earth or from any of the planets or moons in our solar system.

35 minutes ago, jts said:

What is a UFO? It is an Unidentified Flying Object. It is a flying object that is not identified. It does not mean it's an alien craft from outer space. It means merely you don't know what it is.

If you identify it as an alien craft from outer space, it is no longer unidentified; it is identified and should be called an IFO, Identified Flying Object.

UFOs are real. There are flying objects that you don't know what they are. Alien crafts from outer space are not proved and not likely considering the extreme distances of the stars and considering they are not likely from Earth or from any of the planets or moons in our solar system.

Considering the numbers of billions and billions of, *Goldilocks Planets,” at the speed of light and radio we should have received some signals from intelligent, alien life. Just one intelligent signal would change human life on earth forever. In the meantime we will be broadcasting outwards, to all those concerned! Just don’t send us an RSVP, or a message that you are coming to visit, please, because that would scare the crap out of us. But if we did receive a message what will we be doing in 20 years? What are the worst and best case scenarios?     

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Was all that special effects cause by the viewing equipment?

Peter,

Anything's possible, but in the way the US Navy presented it, the Navy would have to be complicit in staging a hoax on the entire world, USA included.

I don't trust the government, but I find that idea too remote to take seriously right now.

Michael

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Mick West of Metabunk...

William,

Now you get to write on Metabunk that UFO's are real.

CNN is on board with the idea, so it's OK now.

They should save their questions for Trump's mental health, the Russian interference to elect Trump, the Ukraine being given a quid pro quo to look into Biden, and things like that. Maybe worship a plant or two and ask for forgiveness from them for manmade climate change.

After all, if CNN says UFO's are legitimate, who is anyone to question that?

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
4 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Mick West of Metabunk...

William,

Now you get to write on Metabunk that UFO's are real.

Crowd-sourcing investigations into unidentified aerial phenomena looks like fun, if not entirely fun for the person curating projects. I don't quite understand the point being made in the sentence quoted.  Is this 'in other words' for "Now you can write that Metabunk/Mick West says "UFOs are 'real'"? 

If I put back in the rest of my sentence, I could sketch a better 'in other words.'  Reason: Solving Mysteries for Fun and Profit!

4 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Mick West of Metabunk wrote an interesting article on a 'crowd-sourcing' process of examining UFOs (or 'unidentified aerial phenomena'), at Skeptical Inquirer:

"Curated Crowdsourcing In UFO Investigations," from: Skeptical Briefs Volume 27.1 / May 25, 2017

[...] Skydentify is a sub-forum on Metabunk.com where people who enjoy identifying unknown aerial objects collaborate to do just that.

19 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Crowd-sourcing investigations... looks like fun...

William,

You mean like Q?

:evil:  :) 

btw - I only quoted you mentioning the dude at the Metabunk site to highlight it as a reference for one of the "legitimate authorities" in your world.

My intent was to say there is another "legitimate authority" (CNN) in that world that has given people who rely on such legitimate authorities permission to think the previously unthinkable.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s have a show of hands. How many of you have seen UFO’s or aliens? How many of you think Area 51 is where aliens or alien bodies are kept. How many of you think the government lies about alien contacts? How many of you have turned a radio on and listened to AM static and suddenly a strange voice is there speaking an unearthly language? Peter

Notes. From Insider. UFO seekers are flocking to a huge Buddha statue in Thailand saying it is home to a wormhole that aliens use to travel to different dimensions by Rosie Perper

A group of Buddhist worshippers on a remote hilltop in Thailand believe that aliens communicate with people in the area. Khao Kala in Nakhon Sawan - which translates to "City of Heaven" - is located just three hours north of Bangkok and has become a hotspot for tourists looking to experience the supernatural. The remote area is located on a hill among a sugar cane plantation. Believers say the hill hides a secret wormhole that allows aliens from Pluto and elsewhere to travel between different dimensions. As alien seekers flock to the area, local police are becoming increasingly frustrated. Officers have recently raided the area and expressed concern that the influx of tourism could endanger the protected forests. There is no substantive evidence that the site has supernatural or alien qualities.

Wassana Chuensamnaun, a lead campaigner for the extraterrestrials, told CNN that aliens from Pluto "are made of energy" and have expressed concern about devastation on Earth. Loku aliens, he says, have "knowledge of high technology" and present in physical form. He says Pluto's alien leader claimed Buddha was the "greatest human mind." According to local daily Khao Sod, a member of UFO Khao Kala predicted that World War III would break out by 2022. Wassana told CNN that aliens have promised to take care of a select few "survivors" in the event of such fallout. 

• 11 months later...

Politics getting old? Time for some speculative science? I know we are listening with all our might, but when will we hear from “them.” How will “they” change the way we “are”? Peter  

“Comfortably Numb” by Pink Floyd

Hello? (Hello, hello, hello)

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me

Is there anyone home?

Come on (Come on, come on), now

I hear you're feeling down

Well, I can ease your pain

From an article about Freeman Dyson. Caution reigns. Other researchers are warming to the idea of panspermia, but remain cautious. "This idea that the evolution of life has been tied to space is one that has been growing stronger and stronger," said Benjamin Weiss, a Caltech researcher. Weiss led a recent study of a Mars meteorite found in Antarctica, discovering that the space rock remained cool enough to have supported the transfer of microbial life.  "But until someone actually finds evidence that life has come from space -- not just evidence that such an event is highly likely -- panspermia is still going to be just a hypothesis, and rightly so," Weiss said.

Notes. Professor Freeman Dyson works at the independent Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, NJ. (Where Einstein spent his days in the US.) He was speaking on the University of California TV, the other day. He is one of the first modern proponents of the Open Universe Theory. He didn't win a Nobel prize, but many scientists think he deserved it. He was a key developer of the theory of quantum electrodynamics (QED) - a theory for which the Nobel prize was indeed awarded - but a maximum of three researchers may win the prize in a given year. (The award was given in 1965 to Feynman, Schwinger, and Tomonga.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Perigee: The point in the orbit of the moon or a satellite at which it is nearest to the earth. The opposite of apogee.

Those official Naval films of triangular shaped objects flying above U.S. ships gave me the shivers. Was it a hoax or “aliens” letting us know . . . they are here, but do not want to cause an Earth meltdown.   

9 hours ago, Peter said:

Those official Naval films of triangular shaped objects flying above U.S. ships gave me the shivers. Was it a hoax or “aliens” letting us know . . . they are here, but do not want to cause an Earth meltdown.   

Mick West of Metabunk has a possible solution to the mystery -- Bokeh!

See also "Pyramid" UFO's in Night Vision Footage - Maybe Bokeh?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 11:37 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

As Jimmy Dore just pointed out, now that CNN has reported it, UFO's are no longer the domain of tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

Sigh. Another slow day on the objectivist farm. Here’s an oldie about aliens visiting earth. Has it already happened? Watch the sky’s.  

To: Starship_Forum Subject: [Starship_Forum] "Would Aliens Visit?" Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:01:05 -0000 When it comes to alien activities, visiting Earth seems to be pretty high on the "to do" list. But does that make sense? [...] ...We have enticed the aliens with human activity. Let's set aside the question of whether advanced galactic societies would have the slightest interest in our wars, our pollution problems, or our reproductive systems. The real question is, how would they know about us at all?

In fact, there's only one clear and persistent "signal" that Homo sapiens has ever sent to the stars: our high-frequency radio transmissions, including television and radar. The Victorians (let alone the Egyptians or the Nazca Indians), despite all their technical sophistication, could never have been spotted from light-years away. Humans have been making their presence known to the universe only for the last 70 years or so.

And that's a problem. It means that even if, after receiving an earthly transmission, the aliens can immediately scramble their spacecraft and fly to Earth at the speed of light, they can't be farther than 8 light-years away to have arrived by 1947. There are four star systems within this distance. Count `em, four. We’re back to winning the lottery. What about warp drive? Maybe the aliens can create wormholes and get here in essentially no time. It doesn't matter. Our signals travel at the speed of light, and this means that even with infinitely fast spacecraft, the aliens can't be farther off than 15 light-years to have reached our lovely planet by 1947. The number of star systems within 15 light-years is about three dozen. There would have to be 10 billion technically sophisticated societies in the Galaxy to have a reasonable chance of finding one camped out among the nearest three dozen stars. That's optimism of a high level indeed. It's nice to think that either Earth or its human inhabitants have not only attracted the attention of galactic neighbors, but encouraged them to visit. But frankly, the numbers don't give much support to this somewhat self-indulgent idea.

From: "Dennis May"  Reply-To: Starship_Forum Subject: [ "Would Aliens Visit?” Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:17:13 -0500  >Would Aliens Visit?  >http://www.space.com/searchforlife/seti_shostak_visit_020627.html

>When it comes to alien activities, visiting Earth seems to be pretty high on the "to do" list. But does that make sense? >...It means that even if, after receiving an earthly transmission, the aliens can immediately scramble their spacecraft and fly to Earth at the speed of light, they can't be farther than 8 light-years away to have arrived by 1947.

I wouldn't take anything SETI says too seriously. They have demonstrated on more than one occasion a scientific approach wearing blinders due to their political bias.  Carl Sagan, the former fair hair leftist media magnet of SETI, more than once slanted science for political beliefs.  His cronies still have high influence both at SETI and the "Skeptical Inquirer" magazine.

I once had a brief correspondence with the editor of the "Skeptical Inquirer" explaining why his publication is way off base in placing UFO's in the same class as the paranormal.  In his response he indicated he would have to think more about what I had said.  That has been 4-5 years ago and the message apparently has been lost. I will repeat it here in brief form. In the 1950's Fermi and von Neumann among others showed with simple pen and paper calculations that even a single technological civilization in our or a nearby galaxy has had plenty of time to colonize and re-colonize the galaxy many times over without any new physics being involved. The galaxy is old enough this could have happened over and over many times prior to man coming on the scene.  This means that listening posts and hidden alien assets can be anywhere and everywhere.

The SETI model is based upon benign statist aliens who have come into technology about the same time we did. Let's see, my great-grandmother was born long before airplanes but died after the space shuttle was old news.  If an alien civilization was created before dinosaurs walked the Earth do you think they might have outgrown the one dimension SETI model? Those who demand hard evidence of alien visits are well aware that the United States government will confiscate any evidence they know of and protect it at a higher level of classification than even nuclear or code secrets.  There are many dozens of reports over the last fifty years that this is exactly what has occurred with any substantial physical or photographic evidence.  I used to work right across the base from the Foreign Technology Division of the US Air Force at Wright-Patterson Air Force base.  They re-verse engineer intercepted foreign technology and have a TOP SECRET mandate for what are often innovations generally equal to what we have anyway.  Can you imagine the level of secrecy involved and the ends the government would go to in order to protect alien technology from prying eyes?  I guarantee they would scramble black helicopters and men on ropes would come crashing through your windows within hours of their actually believing you have such "Hard Evidence" in your possession.  After the fact, depending on the degree of force used, you would be accused of running a meth lab or being involved with terrorists seeking nuclear weapons.  Dennis May

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Anything's possible, but in the way the US Navy presented it, the Navy would have to be complicit in staging a hoax on the entire world, USA included.

I don't trust the government, but I find that idea too remote to take seriously right now.

I agree, I don't think it's a hoax. Lev and I discuss this evidence on our podcast. Thought you'd be interested. We'll probably do a part 2, so I'm curious what people think are the most important factors or issues concerning these UFOs.

• 7 months later...

Here we go again as we get smarter but continue on our curious ways. IF and when we detect alien life will it be so advanced that until now because of our lower technology, we never knew they were there? Or will Earth be the more advanced civilization? Which is better? I think the distances involved indicate no significant physical contact between us . . . unless we go the SciFi route and communicate or travel through wormholes. I think any detection of alien life would profoundly change the human race. It’s too late for us to NOT be sending out signals. Peter   

Notes from Business Insider: Unknown objects at the heart of the Milky Way are beaming radio signals, then mysteriously disappearing Morgan McFall-Johnsen - 5h ago. The object emitted powerful radio waves throughout 2020 — six signals over nine months. Its irregular pattern and polarized radio emissions didn't look like anything the researchers had seen before . . . . Murphy is "100% confident" that the signals aren't coming from aliens, because technological signals would cover a much narrower range of frequencies, like humans' broadcast radios do. GCRTs have been a mystery for decades now. Nobody knows what type of star would make those unique signals, and each GCRT is different, leading researchers to believe the four signals are not coming from the same type of object.

• 1 year later...

The government has been pumping the UFO story hard these days trying to get the Biden woes off the headlines.

Some top military people are saying this is true. And saying the US military has been studying UFO technology from crashed UFO vehicles for a long time.

Not many people are buying it, though. This meme has been making the rounds.

image.png

On another funny note, Mitch McConnell recently had a small stroke while giving a press conference. He simply stopped in mid-sentence and stared straight ahead without moving. Finally, an assistant helped walk him bask a little.

Scott Adams said he believes this as a case of an alien making a body-snatch. An alien snatched the body of Mitch McConnell.

The problem is the aliens have not yet mastered how to get the mouth and arms and legs going once they have snatched a body, but they are working on it.

Michael