Conspiracy theories and Conspiracy theorists

1 hour ago, caroljane said:

lol".Black or  ISIS sympathizers, " I thought I wrote but obviously not. Still, to a racist the term "black sympathizer " would probably be a ephemism for a less polite term ,used for white  ant-segregationists  back in the ol pre-MAGA days. Both ways Barr's joke was racist ,

Your comment here was racist. It was much worse than anything Barr has ever said. Focus on your own ugly beliefs and behavior. Your position is that white people who call other white people apes are actually calling them black people or sympathizer of black people. You've revealed your racist soul, and have therefore lost your weapon of trying to smear people with the label of racist.

J

Carol's comments may be biased but I think she is trying to be funny or satiric, just as I do. I doubt her beliefs or behavior are abominable, Snowman. Get it. Minnesota: snow people: Snowman? Now that can be taken as a slur or as a simple jest or tease and I got a million of them. How does a human turn into a humor machine, like Jerry Seinfeld? My older brother was like that when he became a teen and I tried to emulate him, with not as much success. Now, I can't turn it off, though "groans of exasperation" temporarily turn the spigot off.       

1 hour ago, merjet said:

The obnoxious ignoranus has a strong habit of delusions and then regarding his delusions as reality.

Hahaha! What Merlin is referring to here, for anyone who doesn't already know, is a different thread that he's very upset about. It's the Aristotle's Wheel "paradox" thread, and it's a topic that he brought up in which an alleged paradox is presented, but it's not actually a paradox, as almost everyone very quickly recognizes that one of the premises of the setup is mistaken. Even the Wikipedia article that Merlin originally cited in his initial post on the subject explains this simply and clearly, but Merlin doesn't get it. He can't grasp it, even though it's an elementary school level problem, and he's very angry that I, along with everyone else on the thread, have identified the very basic truth of the physical reality of the specific objects in motion, where he can't understand it.. Check out the thread for yourselves. It's essentially the physical principle behind the gearing of a bicycle or motorcycle..

Long story short, Merlin is still very angry at revealing himself to be inept at visuospatial/mechanical reasoning, especially since he had started that thrread with the purpose of trying to show off and give us all a dramatic performance and a lecture.

J

15 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

[Yap, yap, yap]

I'm not angry. I was pointing to his delusions and lies about what caroljane said, and alluding to his delusions and fabrications elsewhere. He shows another of his delusions and fabrications here -- that the gears of a bicycle or motorcycle are relevant to Aristotle's Wheel Paradox. Hahahaha!

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

I can see where someone can interpret Carol's words the way you did. In fact, when the hyperbole is removed, the logic is all there.

However, i don't read her words the way you do.

Here is how I read her words, at least in that post.

Before writing, get into a foggy out-of-focus frame of mind where things like consistency don't matter.

Then go: Mumble mumble mumble against Trump good mumble mumble for Trump bad mumble mumble mumble Trump sucks mumble mumble our side does same thing as Trump? doesn't matter 'cause against Trump good mumble mumble mumble Trump sucks mumble mumble.

Of course, I'm reading the subtext when I do that...

:) 

Michael

You're much too generous to Carol. And, in fact, by her own standards and methods, I'm also being too generous to her.

J.

11 minutes ago, merjet said:

I'm not angry. I was pointing to his delusions and lies about what caroljane said, and alluding to his delusions and fabrications elsewhere. He shows another of his delusions and fabrications here -- that the gears of a bicycle or motorcycle are relevant to Aristotle's Wheel Paradox. Hahahaha!

You're a moron. But, please, keep posting on the topic. Give it longer life, expose more people to it. Seriously, please do continue to promote it and to remind me to do so!

J

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

Carol's comments may be biased but I think she is trying to be funny or satiric...

Her ugly, overt racism isn't funny in the slightest. It is absolutely disgusting that she wrote that she believes that white people who say that other white people look like apes actually mean that they look like black people. Not funny.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

That's what happens when I like someone.

I agree. The fact that I like Carol is why I'm being generous to her. I remember who she used to be prior to her having contracted TDS. She's become quite a hater and a liar, but I still hold out hope that she overcome this dishonest and blurry mindset that she's  embraced.

J

28 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I agree. The fact that I like Carol is why I'm being generous to her. I remember who she used to be prior to her having contracted TDS. She's become quite a hater and a liar, but I still hold out hope that she overcome this dishonest and blurry mindset that she's  embraced.

J

Back at you, bro.

TDS is also an “eye ailment,” per the www.

Here is the title of one of President Trump’s books and he has written a lot of books. See the rest online. Very interesting! From 2008: “Think Big and Kick Ass! in Business and Life” by Donald Trump. I am sure most of you have noticed that Trump is “being nice” when he or his diplomats are talking to elected, authoritarian presidents like Putin, and totalitarian dictators like Kim Jun Un.

Concerning the following from Tracinski, I just wanted to remind you conspiracy buffs that Obama was President in 2013, though I do have concerns about Trump’s current policies on Russia, Iran, and North Korea. Yet, before I cry wolf, I am willing to be in suspense for a while, just to see how things turn out. As a psychological clue, notice who, on our green planet, does not "give the benefit of the doubt" to President Trump. Peter

The Tracinski Letter, (paragraphs closed up for brevity,) July 23, 2018. 1. The Emperor of Etchasketchistan. Back in 2013, I noted that we had reached an "Etcha-a-Sketch" moment in foreign policy.

"The Syrian intervention has finally shaken loose all of the foreign policy alignments that fell into place during the Iraq War, and it's as if someone grabbed the foreign-policy commentariat, turned it upside-down, and shook it so we can start all over again from a blank slate. You can no longer guess where anyone on the left or the right will stand, or who will come off sounding like a realist, a neocon, an isolationist."

This could be a disaster, I concluded, or it could be "a good opportunity to reappraise foreign policy from basic principles. Because that's got to be better than the careening, ad hoc, crisis-driven approach we have now."

Well, that was a nice idea. Too bad it didn't work out. We're still stuck in Etchasketchistan, and Donald Trump is its emperor. Careening and ad hoc is a perfect description of Trump's responses on Russia, which have gone from sucking up to Vladimir Putin to then very unconvincingly trying to walk it back--while calling into question the basis of the entire NATO alliance.

As usual, the crisis and controversy of the moment tends to prevent us from following up on the crisis and controversy of the day before yesterday. So now is a good time to circle back on President Trump's previous summit with a dictator and ask how his big North Korea breakthrough has turned out. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has since traveled to North Korea, again, and gotten nothing in return. Absolutely nothing, except for the insults ("gangsterish" is the latest).

Now here's how things stand.  "Diplomats say the North Koreans have canceled follow-up meetings, demanded more money and failed to maintain basic communications, even as the once-isolated regime's engagements with China and South Korea flourish.

"Meanwhile, a missile-engine testing facility that Trump said would be destroyed remains intact, and US intelligence officials say Pyongyang is working to conceal key aspects of its nuclear program."

If only someone had warned Trump that this would happen.

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

And still no explanation of how your ugly, racist comment wasn't racist.

J

She must have drunk a flagon of ale before tapping on the keys. When I call the kettle black I later scrub it with brillo. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

She must have drunk a flagon of ale before tapping on the keys. When I call the kettle black I later scrub it with brillo. 

Oh, that's so cute, tee hee! It makes Carol's racism fun and cuddly!

J

• Thanks 1

I like your cuddly fox icon, Jonathan. Is it possible Carol was spoofing and trying to be funny? I think so.

Carol? What do you have to say for yourself?

Some suggestions. I was kidding. I was half asleep. I was gassed.  I have Canadian immunity, as a diplomat.

Peter, this is your quarterly reminder that I believe it is good practice to include a direct link to an article available on the web**. In this case, as usual, all one have to do is Copy the URL and then Paste it somewhere in the commentary-quote ...

3 hours ago, Peter said:

The Tracinski Letter ...

https://tracinskiletter.com/2018/07/23/the-emperor-of-etchasketchistan/

howToCopyPasteAnURL.png

-- I note that the Tracinski Letter is protected by copyright: "The rest of this article is available only by e-mail to paid subscribers."

Tracinski's Letter is available through a one-time 30-days free email alerts. To read past the blurb costs 74 smackers a year. 

Edited by william.scherk
Added copyright notice; 30 day free trial; Earl erl url

Peter, what I said was not racist, although Jonathan's endless repetitions have convinced you. It is there for everyone to interpret in context, along with my multitude of other racist comments over the years if that is the impression you have built up of me.

Jonathan should keep his new  pompadour on.  If he wants more explanation, I'll do it, I'll just wait till he stops beating his wife.

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

I like your cuddly fox icon, Jonathan. Is it possible Carol was spoofing and trying to be funny? I think so.

Carol? What do you have to say for yourself?

Some suggestions. I was kidding. I was half asleep. I was gassed.  I have Canadian immunity, as a diplomat.

But, remember, no double standards are allowed. I'm going to use the exact same standards that Carol and her fellow TDS sufferers use in judging others to be racist.

J

2 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Peter, what I said was not racist, although Jonathan's endless repetitions have convinced you. It is there for everyone to interpret in context, along with my multitude of other racist comments over the years if that is the impression you have built up of me.

Jonathan should keep his pompadour on.  If he wants more explanation, I'll do it, I'll just wait till he stops beating his wife.

Still bluffing and stalling for time. You don't have an explanation. Your comment was racist as hell. Anyone can read what you wrote. There's no missing context. Appealing to the past in which you didn't reveal your racist soul is illogical. The attitude of "Look, back on the second Tuesday in May of 2012, I didn't say anything racist," is idiotic and doesn't erase your recent hateful comment.

You equated black people with apes. You clearly, explicitly wrote that when a white person calls another white personal an ape, he is actually calling him a black person.

And you keep using your dishonest tactics in response to my identifying the facts and the truth: You offer no explanation, but instead play the victim card, try to turn the tables, go on the attack, toss up diversions and distractions.

J

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, Jonathan said:

You're a moron. But, please, keep posting on the topic. Give it longer life, expose more people to it. Seriously, please do continue to promote it and to remind me to do so!

Hahahaha. Was that the best you could do? Jonathan resorts to mere name-calling, for the umpteenth time. Nothing he wrote even remotely resembles a rational argument. The Wikipedia article about Aristotle's Wheel Paradox makes no mention of any bicycle or motorcycle gears (or chains). He put no such gears or chains in his con game animated videos. Go for it, moron. On the other thread please explain why gears and chains are essential like you say, or even relevant. Please explain why there are no gears or chains in your con game animated videos despite your claiming they are essential. Please explain why translation doesn't entirely explain the horizontal distance traveled by the "inner circle" in the setup for the paradox. 

1 hour ago, merjet said:

Hahahaha. Was that the best you could do? Jonathan resorts to mere name-calling, for the umpteenth time. Nothing he wrote even remotely resembles a rational argument. The Wikipedia article about Aristotle's Wheel Paradox makes no mention of any bicycle or motorcycle gears (or chains). He put no such gears or chains in his con game animated videos. Go for it, moron. On the other thread please explain why gears and chains are essential like you say, or even relevant. Please explain why there are no gears or chains in your con game animated videos despite your claiming they are essential. Please explain why translation doesn't entirely explain the horizontal distance traveled by the "inner circle" in the setup for the paradox. 

Asked and answered several times over, and by several different people in several different ways.

At this point, you've turned everyone who has tried to help you to understand into an enemy, so I would suggest what you should do is to go ask a trusted friend to help you grasp what everyone else does. Consider asking Roger Bissell or Chris Sciabarra to take a look at the "paradox" thread, and have them tell you what they think of the solutions provided by others and of your arguments against them. I'd be especially interested in hearing their analysis of the philosophical implications of your selective claims that others' solutions involve illusions, visual con games and scams. Please, reach out to them for their help.

J

5 hours ago, merjet said:

The only occurrence of the term “essential” in that link is in this sentence: “It's essentially the physical principle behind the gearing of a bicycle or motorcycle..”. That is obviously not the same as saying: “gears and chains are essential" [for explaining the paradox], as you're suggesting. Nowhere does Jonathan say anything like that. What he does say in that sentence, has a completely different meaning, namely that the theory behind the explanation of the paradox is also in essence the principle behind the gearing of a bicycle or motorcycle.

10 minutes ago, Max said:

The only occurrence of the term “essential” in that link is in this sentence: “It's essentially the physical principle behind the gearing of a bicycle or motorcycle..”. That is obviously not the same as saying: “gears and chains are essential" [for explaining the paradox], as you're suggesting. Nowhere does Jonathan say anything like that. What he does say in that sentence, has a completely different meaning, namely that the theory behind the explanation of the paradox is also in essence the principle behind the gearing of a bicycle or motorcycle.

Thanks, Max, you nailed it. Merlin is just being petulant and trying to pick fights by inventing straw men. He made a fool of himself on the "paradox" thread, and he still doesn't grasp what everyone else understands with ease -- well, not everyone: Peter says that he doesn't want to look into the problem because it's not the type of thing that is in his wheelhouse, which is a mature confession and mindset.

J