Donald Trump

And the campaign grind goes on:

Donald Trump makes his way to Hot Springs
by Marielle Mohs
July 14, 2015
THV11

From the article:

"You may or may not agree with Mr. Trump's position, but it's our right to listen and his right to speak about those issues," said Republican state chairman Doyle Webb, who says their party is excited for Trump to speak at their Reagan Rockefeller dinner.

. . .

After Trump agreed to speak, the event was moved from Horner Hall to a much larger exhibit room at the Hot Springs Convention Center.

Hint to the intelligentsia who are snarking in the mainstream.

All these people vote. Most didn't bother before because they felt it was all rigged.

Cantcha feel the luv all around?

:)

Michael

If he gets the nomination he may have the ability to spike the massive vote fraud the Democrats specialize in and do it before the voters go to the polls. It may have re-elected Obama. It "elected" Kennedy in 1960. (Texas and Illinois then.)

The mainstream media continual endorsement of liberal-left Democrats in Presidential elections is the big number two against a Republican next year. Trump would blow that completely out of the water considering how pathetic they've been toward him so far. He'd do that with social media and with massive spending on TV in the last week to counter the massive barrage of negative ads that will be unleashed just before the election.

If he's been phoney about his money and drops out in lieu of releasing his financials, however, he's toast.

--Brant

Michael you are right on point.

I think that many libertarians and Objectivists get psychological cramps when they even hear the tittle of his book, The Art of the Deal...

All of life is political.

Five of the major holes in Objectivism as a movement was/is:

Ayn's aversion to psychology and politics;

Repressive Aesthetic theory;

Absence of orators;

Sense of humor; and

Absence of interest in main stream cultural currents, e.g., sports.

A...

Michael you are right on point.

I think that many libertarians and Objectivists get psychological cramps when they even hear the tittle of his book, The Art of the Deal...

All of life is political.

Five of the major holes in Objectivism as a movement was/is:

Ayn's aversion to psychology and politics;

Repressive Aesthetic theory;

Absence of orators;

Sense of humor; and

Absence of interest in main stream cultural currents, e.g., sports.

A...

Out of the public-presented context of Objectivism, sure. (But "sports" is a bridge too far or more in the mouth than can be chewed.)

Behind the scenes it was ego projection and done the wrong way. It was theater, with the principal actors up there on the stage and in the immediate audience were "students of Objectivism" and beyond them the general interested public. Rand and Branden were two very big rocks--big, not huge--tossed into a quiet pond of statist acceptance creating outgoing circles of waves.

Rand and Branden weren't standing on a philosophy but defending a work of art, her magnum opus Atlas Shrugged. Objectivism is an elaboration off Galt's speech, pretty much delivered in the same literary style, albeit more benevolently, of Galt speaking to a corrupt and doomed world. But that was not the world Objectivism was really addressing. Ironically it wasn't the world Galt was addressing either--that is. he was addressing a fictional world not the end of the world of Truman and Eisenhower and, later, Kennedy, et al. for the world of the 1950s wasn't an end of the world world. Galt's was an alternate reality future world.

Ayn Rand put so much of herself into her novel she was absorbed by its matrix and she took a lot of folks into it with her. When she blew up like a volcano she blew Nathaniel Branden out--her way or the highway--of that context and into a better workable and livable personal and professional context, much to his eventual relief after the shock and pain wore off. I don't think he'd have gotten out on his own. It's pretty much what happened to most students of Objectivism too, and the so-called Objectivist movement, already pretty much stalled out, btw. It stalled out and basically went away because it was too much a cult and not enough of a religion on the one hand and not enough of a philosophy on the other it was so corrupted by its cultural artifacts, primarily from its top-downism and Russian-European influences never completely and substantially enough transcended by Ayn Rand. The real theme of Atlas Shrugged is give-upism. The heroes gave up one by one with the biggest heroes lasting the longest and John Galt the least heroic of all her heroes. As for the bad guys, they kept trucking until the fuel ran out. Then, like any good parasites, I suppose they died. Everybody went on strike except the bad guys. They were so powerful they couldn't be corrupted out of their corruption. They laid waste to the entire world! Rand called this "the impotence of evil"--a deeply defendable but superficially ironic appellation.

--Brant

Michael, what is the secret of embedding Tweets here at OL?

William,

Right at the bottom of a tweet, there is a thingie thing with 3 dots.

There is Reply (crooked arrow), Retweet (two crooked arrows), Favorite (star), and the 3 dots thingie thing.

Click on that and a dropdown menu opens with an embed option.

Copy the embed code, then post to OL. But then prepare for "Enable HTML" hell. :)

Michael

Got it, thanks Michael!

(I am not as afraid of HTML hell as I let on earlier, since I taught myself to code it.)

And the beat goes on...

Suffolk University/USA TODAY Poll Shows Trump on Top with GOP Voters Nationwide

From the article:

Republican businessman Donald Trump is on a roll with likely GOP presidential primary voters, according to a Suffolk University/USA TODAY national poll.

Among voters who identify either as Republicans or independents and who plan to vote in their states’ Republican primaries or caucuses, 17 percent named Trump as their first choice for the GOP nomination in the 2016 presidential race.

Trump was followed by former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (14 percent), Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (8 percent), Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (6 percent), Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (5 percent), retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson (4 percent), Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul (4 percent), former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (4 percent) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (3 percent). Receiving less than 2 percent each were former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, businesswoman Carly Fiorina, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, and former New York Gov. George Pataki.

Drip... drip... drip...

:smile:

Michael

This polls internals are quite suspect to me.

First, they ascertained by the interviewed's own statement that they "intended to vote."

Second, they asked for the youngest adult in the house!! Really?

Finally, the sample is of 349 responses.

It is quite foolish to project anything forward. It does indicate name identification which Trump has never had a problem with.

http://www.suffolk.edu/documents/SUPRC/7_14_2015_tables.pdf <<<< one of the sub pages in the poll.

It is right outside of Boston.

A...

Adam,

Of course no poll means anything right now in terms of what things will look like close to the primaries.

However, everybody and their brother reported on this one, so it was worth the media buzz.

And, just for the hell of it, let's hear Trump on CNN trash Obama and the Iranian deal.

And here on Fox Business, where he also talked about El Chapo and other stuff.

Michael

Michael:

I know you understand that "public" polls at best get some degree of accuracy some six (6) to eight (8) weeks out.

The internals that are run by the campaigns and rarely see the light of day are the accurate trend line polls that are reasonably reliable.

I was not clear about how poor the sample was and how tilted the opening question was.

A...

Adam,

You were clear and I understood that. But, frankly, I think this thing backfired.

I think it was rigged to showcase someone else.

I wonder who might have been, I wonder...

Sometimes a poll tells a better story than the one on the surface...

Here is some more of my Trumpishness:

From the article:

Macy’s was “inundated with complaints” from roughly 30,000 customers who are defending GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, according to TMZ.

. . .

The thousands of Macy’s customers have decided not to shop at the store anymore and are cutting up their Macy’s cards.

And the TMZ article to which this one referred:

Donald Trump -- Macy's Takes it In the Shorts Over Firing
by TMZ Staff
7/13/2015
TMZ

Macy's is paying the price for sacking Donald Trump, because we've learned thousands of customers are cutting up their Macy's credit card in protest.

Sources connected to the department store tell TMZ, Macy's has received complaints from approximately 30,000 customers since ending its relationship with Trump nearly 2 weeks ago.

. . .

Our sources say thousands of customers have vowed never to shop at Macy's again and many of them say they're cutting up their Macy's credit card to make a statement.

We're told the complaints have come in various ways, including phone, Facebook and email.

If it seems like I'm having fun, I am.

Best of all, Trump's success is really pissing off a lot of folks. Scaring a lot, too.

Man, does that feel good.

Michael

No problem.

We are both on the same page.

I have gotten a few dozen folks to send back their Macys cards.

Working on some other action oriented options for folks also.

A...

Trump's media manipulation killer:

As of this post, here is today's leaderboard for PolitiTrends:

07.15.2015-13.50.png

07.15.2015-13.52.png

Trump kills it because he knows how to use Twitter for influence.

Hands on media strategy, so to speak.

Michael

And a pleasure to observe.

Adam,

You were clear and I understood that. But, frankly, I think this thing backfired.

I think it was rigged to showcase someone else.

I wonder who might have been, I wonder...

Sometimes a poll tells a better story than the one on the surface...

Here is some more of my Trumpishness:

From the article:

Macy’s was “inundated with complaints” from roughly 30,000 customers who are defending GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, according to TMZ.

. . .

The thousands of Macy’s customers have decided not to shop at the store anymore and are cutting up their Macy’s cards.

And the TMZ article to which this one referred:

Donald Trump -- Macy's Takes it In the Shorts Over Firing

by TMZ Staff

7/13/2015

TMZ

Macy's is paying the price for sacking Donald Trump, because we've learned thousands of customers are cutting up their Macy's credit card in protest.

Sources connected to the department store tell TMZ, Macy's has received complaints from approximately 30,000 customers since ending its relationship with Trump nearly 2 weeks ago.

. . .

Our sources say thousands of customers have vowed never to shop at Macy's again and many of them say they're cutting up their Macy's credit card to make a statement.

We're told the complaints have come in various ways, including phone, Facebook and email.

If it seems like I'm having fun, I am.

Best of all, Trump's success is really pissing off a lot of folks. Scaring a lot, too.

Man, does that feel good.

Michael

Trump is not the typical boring dull Republican White Guy. And he is not a poster boy for Erectile Dysfunction Monthly either.

Here's a little conflict to jazz it up a bit.

Penn Jillette bashing Donald Trump:

The Donald got pissed:

And this:

Penn, admits, too, that his appearance on The Apprentice made a huge difference to his live shows, and that it was important to be on TV and not important to say what he does on TV--that people can discover that part once they come out, buy the ticket and enter the theater.

For people in O-Land, Penn delighted some (ortho-side) and pissed others off (for me, not funny) when he bashed the crap out of Nathaniel Branden (see here and here).

Michael

Here's how to blow some leftie dishonest bullshit out of the water real fast.

Lawrence O'Donnell (on Morning Joe) said categorically--and fell out with the others about this--that Donald Trump has been one of the lowest paid TV celebrities on NBC and that Trump was lying about the salary he received for The Apprentice.

The story he tried to promote was that Trump was paying his way to fame.

However, Trump called in and made a public bet to O'Donnell. You can read about it on The Hill:

Wanna bet? Trump makes wager after MSNBC host calls him liar
By Ben Kamisar
July 16, 2015
The Hill

From the article:

“Let me explain something to you, Donald Trump didn’t even make a million dollars in his first year,” O’Donnell said.

He added that when Trump said in 2011 that he had made $130 million for two years of the show, “NBC was forced to release a statement saying he’s lying.

“Trump has been one of the lowest-paid people to have an hour-long show,” he said, as he got into a shouting match with Scarborough.

“Every actor you can name on television, if you can name them, I guarantee you they made more money than Donald Trump,” O’Donnell said.

About an hour after O’Donnell bashed Trump, Scarborough came back from a commercial break and told viewers that Trump had just called in to bet O’Donnell that his salary was accurately reported.

Trump told the “Morning Joe” host that he’d give O’Donnell one year of the MSNBC host's television salary if his income from NBC cannot be verified. Under the terms of Trump's bet, O’Donnell would have to give one year of his salary to Trump if the candidate's FEC reports are correct.

“Oh, that’s a challenge. I wonder if he’s going to do it,” co-host Mika Brzezinski said.

Here is a video of Joe and Mika discussing it:

Now let's see if O'Donnell will keep up his lying when his own money is at stake.

Heh.

Michael