Donald Trump

I think it is hilarious watching these inept "journalists," who have not had a serious thought that did not die of loneliness, and, only visit reality as a tourist, interviewing Trump..

I have to find the two recent clips and post them.

A...

They were incompetent when they arrived in college.

They were inept and incompetent when they left.

--Brant

I can get nastier than this

I think it is hilarious watching these inept "journalists," who have not had a serious thought that did not die of loneliness, and, only visit reality as a tourist, interviewing Trump..

A...

--Brant

Please do because I am just warming up.

I made a decision about ten days ago and if I am able to it actualize it will make me quite pleased.

A...

I'm enjoying the deer in the headlights effect on all these pundits.

The funniest ones are those who keep saying they are sure Trump will not run, like Lawrence O'Donnell.

Here's a video of pure progressive snarking and sniggering along with that damn deer in the headlights expression on people's faces. :smile: Even Katy Tur is on the panel (she's the NBC reporter in an earlier video I posted on this thread).

Sorry, this video does not embed so you have to go there:

Lawrence O'Donnell: RNC Chair Reince Priebus Called Trump To "Tone It Down"
Real Clear Politics Video

The panel is very funny, especially how they try to downplay the reality of the Mack truck that is coming right at them. :smile:

One of the real problems with their spin, of course, is that the call from Priebus wasn't exactly like the way they said. Trump tweeted about this earlier, but see the New York Times: 

Donald Trump Says R.N.C. Chairman Called to Congratulate Him
by Maggie Haberman
July 9, 2015
NYT

“The call lasted for 10 minutes – maximum, maximum 15 minutes,” Mr. Trump said.

Mr. Priebus, he said, “knows better than to lecture me.” He added, “We're not dealing with a five-star Army general.”

. . .

Mr. Priebus “said wow, you're really doing well in the polls, you really hit a nerve,” Mr. Trump described the chairman as saying. Mr. Priebus added, according to Mr. Trump, “It could be that you’ll be number one in the polls.”

“He said, ‘Well, you really have hit a nerve, keep going,’” Mr. Trump recalled. “He said, ‘If you could tone it down – I know that's tough – but if you could tone it down, that wouldn't be bad.”

The reality TV personality said his aides have been in touch with Mr. Priebus frequently in recent weeks, but that no concern had ever been expressed about Mr. Trump’s comments.

“It was more of a congratulatory call,” Mr. Trump said.

Other good deer in the headlights are Republicans.

Hannity, of all people, has been putting Republicans against Trump's words and asking them to specifically say what they disagree with. I've seen him do this with Rick Perry and Carly Fiorina so far. Maybe there have been others, but I haven't seen them because I am not seeking so far. In what I have seen, Hannity tells them: Trump says "this." You just heard him. And you say he said "that." Please explain what you mean. 

And you know what has come so far?

Deer in the headlights along with yawp yawp yawp...

:smile:

No one has to like Ann Coulter to see her point in the following conversation with Laura Ingraham:

Man am I loving this!

Michael

A...

--Brant

Please do because I am just warming up.

I made a decision about ten days ago and if I am able to it actualize it will make me quite pleased.

A...

Modern day journalists just out of college are liberal-left whores of their Marxist-fascist educational system, the moral "intellectual" tit of which they are to remain sucking on the rest of their stupid, ignorant lives. THEY KNOW NOTHING except which side they are on which is not American so American they dump on fed by corporate envy-appeasement monies as too most of the Congress-critters all soaking and cavorting in a huge hot tub you want to toss the hair dryer into.

--Brant

I can get nastier than this (but the language would make a sailor blush)

I'm waiting for some similar semi-endorsements to come from the left. I am sure they will come.

It's coming faster than I anticipated.

Here is Peggy Noonan in a Wall Street Journal article (dated today, July 9): Donald Trump’s Appeal—and Its Limits

Now Peggy was a high-level Reagan person, not the left. I often find her insightful, but often I get irritated at her snobbery and talking down her nose. So obviously she is going to have a few hoity-toity restrictions about Trump. But she does present on a lot of left-leaning news programs, so she has friends. And she wrote the following:

But Donald Trump has a real following, and people make a mistake in assuming his appeal is limited to Republicans. His persona and particular brand of populism have hit a nerve among some independents and moderate Democrats too, and I say this because two independent voters and one Democrat (they are all working-class or think of themselves that way) volunteered to me this week how much they like him, and why. This is purely anecdotal, but here’s what they said:

They think he’s real, that he’s under nobody’s thumb, that maybe he’s a big-mouth but he’s a truth-teller. He’s afraid of no one, he’s not politically correct. He’s rich and can’t be bought by some billionaire, because he is the billionaire. He’s talking about what people are thinking and don’t feel free to say. He can turn the economy around because he made a lot of money, so he probably knows how to make jobs.

He is a fighter. People want a fighter. Maybe he’s impolitic but he’s better than some guy who filters everything he says through a screen of political calculation.

I expect to see some independents and soft-leftists come out for Trump in print before too long.

As an aside, I can't resist this:

Mr. Trump’s loquacity will be a challenge in the debates. How will anyone get a word in edgewise? Candidates will rely on the moderator. The moderator may amuse himself by stepping back and watching the fun. None of the candidates will want to take Mr. Trump head-on because he doesn’t play within the margins of traditional political comportment. He’s a squid: poke him and get ink all over you.

He has the power of the man with nothing to lose. If he won he’d be president. If he loses he’s Donald Trump, only a little more famous. His next show will get even higher ratings.

Michael

A tut-tut-tutting Time magazine seems to insinuate this kind of news is going to dampen Trump's appeal. But the contrary is true:

18 Republicans Donald Trump Has Insulted

He's called them losers, clowns, dummies and lightweights

Those tweets are hilarious.

Michael

Now I know why he won't be nominated and it's the same reason he shouldn't be. After years of insulting and bad-mouthing important people, there's no way he can unit the party behind his candidacy. He'd be less electable than Roosevelt in 1912 or Perot in 1992. Also, Goldwater in 1964. Can you imagine the other Republican candidates dropping out and throwing their endorsements to him?

--Brant

Can you imagine the other Republican candidates dropping out and throwing their endorsements to him?

Brant,

Good Lord!

These are politicians. You're acting like they have a sense of honor.

Of course they will throw in with him.

Don't forget he's a charming deal-maker.

And don't forget Give 'Em Hell Harry.

Michael

EDIT: And don't forget something else. Trump is not Lindsay Perigo. He has charm to balance his brashness and he actually builds things.

Build a coalition, Donald. Build, build, build.

Michael, uh, Michael--you're being consumed by your Donald momentum. Don't stop. It's valuable for the interested disinterested observer. All else is relative. Besides, you may run over yourself.

--Brant

disinterested interested?

Brant,

I haven't felt this good about a viable political candidate for president in a long time.

This is the stumping section.

I'm stumping.

Michael

EDIT: btw - The Donald is building a coalition. It's not getting into the mainstream news, which prefers the colorful stuff, but it's big, strong and growing. Also, he's got a ground machine running all over the country and it's getting bigger.

Here's a lame hit-piece on Trump from Glenn Beck's sidekick, Stu:

Pro-Choice! Pro-Amnesty! Pro-Oprah! All the reasons you should NOT vote for Donald Trump

This was put on Glenn Beck's own site, not The Blaze, because no comments are allowed on Glenn's site and he's wise enough to know this one would get hammered hard. Glenn's own public is strongly pro-Trump.

Why is the hit-piece lame?

Get this.

Because with all the people trying to paint Trump as a racist against Mexicans, Stu thinks it's different.

He says Trump supports a path to citizenship for the illegals. That's the big deal for him. That's Trump's disqualifier.

Trump actually does, too, as he said to Bill O'Reilly. But in a common-sense way on a case-by-case basis that will take a long time.

In Trump's words (as posted in Stu's hit-piece):

Bill O’Reilly: Now, the 15 million illegal aliens already in the United States, what do you do with them?

Donald Trump: I think right now you’re going to have to do something. It’s hard to generalize, but you’re going to have to look at the individual people, see how they’ve done, see how productive they’ve been, see what their references are, and then make a decision.

Bill O’Reilly: All right, on a case-by-case—going to take a long time and a lot of people.

Donald Trump: A long time, but you know, you have some great, productive people that came. You have to give them a path. You have 20 million, 30 million, nobody knows what it is. It used to be 11 million. Now, today I hear it’s 11, but I don’t think it’s 11. I actually heard you probably have 30 million. You have to give them a path, and you have to make it possible for them to succeed. You have to do that.

Here I believe Stu (and Glenn) are misreading the general productive American. From the people I normally talk to, nobody really cares how someone came into America if he or she is a good guy. For good guys, the more the merrier. They don't want the garbage and bandits and welfare parasites coming in.

I believe what Trumps said will resonate with these kinds of folks because they feel the same way he does and they believe he means what he says. And they believe he will find a way to make this work out well for everybody, especially the good hardworking folks, while getting rid of most of the trash. I know I believe he will take this more seriously and be more reality-based than anyone else.

Also, Trump once made a quip that he wanted Oprah as vice-president. Stu is taking this seriously.

Come on, Stu. You do great stuff at times, but really? A quip is your beef?

Are you suddenly taking lessons from MSNBC? Your entire presentation sounds like an MSNBC high-spin gotcha session.

Michael

EDIT: As proof of what I said about Glenn's public being pro-Trump, he posted this article on Facebook. You ought to see the comments (see here). The amount of people saying "vote for Trump" and "you are wrong, Glenn" is staggering.

Brant,

I haven't felt this good about a viable political candidate for president in a long time.

This is the stumping section.

I'm stumping.

Michael

Wait, did I miss something?

You want a Trump presidency?

From the outside perspective, Trump is beginning to look very attractive, and I haven't been a particular admirer of him previously. No matter also how much Progressivists in Europe and Libs I know outwardly mock him (and would squeal if he made it into Office) - a President who says what he means and follows through, would be secretly a stabilizing reassurance to them. An America to be respected as the hallmark of liberty is what everybody wants back again, even and especially those who vilify her the most. The experiment with international egalitarianism has almost run its course and seen to have failed. I believe many want a firm and principled US, while not necessarily the world's policeman and benefactor.

Tony, I like what you said. I would trust Carly Fiorina more dealing with people like Putin. Putin knows how to push the buttons of big egos like Trump's and make them look like fools. Not going to happen with Fiorina. There is nothing Trump knows about deal making and tough decisions that Fiorina doesn't know better. She's a lot smarter than Trump. My opinion.

Why are ex-Presidents so nice to each other? They're retired politicians no longer fighting over the same turf. They're more like normal people. Why don't the Republican candidates, except Trump, rip each other to threads? Each is looking for the others' eventual endorsements. After the conventions the two remaining big boys rip each other to pieces. Trump has it backwards. All the others are looking to be the most-powerful-man-in-the-world including the PIAPS (Pig in a Pantsuit). Why backwards? He's not a politician. There are two possible extremes. (1) He craps out and doesn't release his financials. Why? Because his financials may be grossly disappointing and it was bullshit all along, bs going back decades. (2) He is elected President. Why? He's not a politician--or perceived not to be one--in spades, and rides in on a cross-party populous wave obliterating both the Democratic Party and the Republican National Committee types.

--Brant

I predict in early November 2016 someone will be elected President of the United States--unless Michelle Obama seizes power--so, take that!--anti-prognosticating Ba'al

Big oil and big crony capitalism responds:

Military analysts: Donald Trump's plan to bomb Iraq's oil fields not a good one

CNN

One military analyst dude, Lieutenant Colonel Rick Francona, is an MSNBC darling and the other, Lieutenant General Mark Phillip Hertling, is an Obama darling.

And I see both pointing the way to big oil from the government's side.

Gotta keep that oil in place the way it is, even if it means funding ISIS so it can literally crucify, behead, burn and drown people in public ceremonies and engage in wars of conquest.

There's a big difference between nation building and letting the oil companies sort out the consequences if they fund real bad guys. These military analysts are not using the term "nation building," but their criticism of Trump's strategy has its ballast in precisely that.

Michael

Tony, I like what you said. I would trust Carly Fiorina more dealing with people like Putin. Putin knows how to push the buttons of big egos like Trump's and make them look like fools. Not going to happen with Fiorina. There is nothing Trump knows about deal making and tough decisions that Fiorina doesn't know better. She's a lot smarter than Trump. My opinion.

I'm sure you're right, being much more familiar with them than I. From the get-go, I'd just like to hear a President say "Yes, you DID build that!* (now tell me how we the government can get out of your way so you can build more).

*There's a campaign slogan right there - for either candidate. ;)

This is absolutely no surprise to me at all.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Following the murder of a young woman in San Francisco by an illegal immigrant from Mexico, voters want to get tough on so-called “sanctuary cities” that refuse to enforce immigration laws.

Sixty-two percent (62%) of Likely U.S. Voters think the U.S. Justice Department should take legal action against cities that provide sanctuary for illegal immigrants. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 26% oppose Justice Department action against sanctuary cities. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Fifty-eight percent (58%) believe the federal government should cut off funds to cities that provide sanctuary for illegal immigrants. Thirty-two percent (32%) disagree, while 10% are not sure. This marks little change from May 2011 when legislation was unsuccessfully proposed in Congress to stop all federal funding for sanctuary cities.

Republicans and unaffiliated voters are much stronger supporters of both actions than Democrats are.

In addition to San Francisco, numerous major cities in the United States are now sanctuary cities including New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Miami, Denver, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston and Detroit.

Voters told Rasmussen Reports two years ago that the best ways to stop illegal immigration are to impose strong penalties on those who hire illegal immigrants and to end federal funding for sanctuary cities that are violating immigration law.

There is talk about the "silent majority."

I believe it is now a silent plurality, however it votes when motivated and damn Trump is a motivator.

Moreover, it is the decider in tight elections and we seem to be at that 47% taker voter and the 47% producer voter balance.

Motivating the "Silent Plurality" is the key to victory in this election.

Also, an actual election day operation that works which would be a whole new concept for the corporatist Republican "leadership' which does not lead.

A...

There is nothing Trump knows about deal making and tough decisions that Fiorina doesn't know better. She's a lot smarter than Trump. My opinion.

Mike,

We do disagree.

I never liked Carly ever since her days at Hewlett Packard. I don't know if you ever used their printers, but if you did, remember when the ink cartridges suddenly got waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy smaller and the cost to change them went waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy up as they pushed hard their line of printers that were bundled with scanners? And when you installed the printer software, it took over your computer and filled it full of spyware?

That was Carly's baby. Granted, she did move HP around to merge with Compaq, so she's good at the backroom deal level. On the user level, though, her approach has been to screw the users and milk them for all they've got.

If taken to the political arena, I see a serious risk she would do just that: crony capitalism in spades in the backrooms while raising taxes on the middle class. I might be wrong because her rhetoric is different now, but I can't get what she did out of my mind.

I suppose people could say something similar about some of Trump's past monkeyshines. But with him, there were a lot of big things he did right (gorgeous buildings and constructions, TV show, bestselling book, Miss pageants, etc.). Carly's claim to fame was HP and I'm not much of a fan of her performance there--with one caveat, she did make the company bigger through mergers.

Michael

I expect to see some independents and soft-leftists come out for Trump in print before too long.

Dayaamm!

I wrote that last night.

Look what just came out from Salon in one of my news feeds (and Salon is about as left as it comes without being communist):

Donald Trump savages George W. Bush in one tweet and actually makes sense for the first time

All right, we'll say it: Trump got this one just right

Salon Staff

July 9, 2015

Actually, this came out before I posted my comment above because it is time-stamped 11:24 AM CDT.

Trump's words in his tweet:

You mean George Bush sends our soldiers into combat, they are severely wounded, and then he wants $120,000 to make a boring speech to them?

:)

Drip... drip... drip...

Michael

MSNBC's Chris Hayes, of all people, did something obvious to fact-check one of Trump's claims.

He asked the former president of Mexico, Felipe Calderón, if the Mexican government is actually sending their problem people to the USA. And guess what the answer was?

Calderón refused to refute Trump's claim!

He refused to discuss it!

Here's the title on Real Clear Politics Video (posted July 9):

Former Mexican President Felipe Calderon Won't Refute Trump's Immigration Claims: "Trying To Get Votes"

I want to embed the video, but you have to go to the link above to see it. MSNBC makes embedding their videos extremely complicated.

But consider this.

When MSNBC starts proving Trump's comments, even ones that make the left look bad, you know things are weird in the mainstream press.

And, of course, great for Trump.

:)

Michael

Nugent on Trump...lovin me some Ted...

The problem with guys like Ari Fleischer, the former press secretary of George W. Bush, is that he’s drunk the inside-the-beltway political Kookaid for so long that he actually believes his own spin. Poor guy went down for the third time in the denial goo long ago.

Donald Trump’s biggest critics all believe that the engine of all things good and serious emanates from the professional Fedzillacrats who apparently enjoy wallowing in the said goo of Washington, D.C.

In a recent Politico article, Fleischer is quoted as saying, in part, that “Donald Trump is like watching a roadside accident. Everybody pulls over to see the mess.”

Donald Trump is a mess? Maybe Mr. Fleischer should open up the political garbage can he and the majority of Fedzillacrats live in and take a look at the real, certifiable, rotting, stinking mess that has been caused by the professional scammers of both political stripes for the past 50 years.

Mr. Fleischer and other critics of Mr. Trump aren’t listening to the blaring trumpets of dissatisfaction that are blown by millions of Americans who realize that it’s the professional political punks in D.C. who have engineered the economic train wreck that is strangling the economy, shrinking the middle class and creating even further embarrassing, America-destroying dependence on Fedzilla by tens and tens of millions of Americans.

Mr. Trump didn’t create this economic swan dive to the street. Our politicians did, the very guys Mr. Fleischer apparently believes are the solution to the problem. If he actually believes this jabberwocky, Fleischer should seek political mental health disability.

Donald Trump is running strong in the early polls because Americans are fed up with the political status quo, especially from left-leaning GOP Fedzillacrats who want to feed us cow dung while telling us it’s a cheeseburger.

Our forefathers wouldn’t recognize the political labyrinth our professional politicians have created. The very things our forefathers warned us not to do as it pertains to embracing a centralized, powerful federal government is the very cliff our professional politicians have steered the Goodship America straight off of.

And Donald Trump is a mess?

American doesn’t need any more professional political punks in D.C., unless you believe sticking a red hot crowbar in your eye is an excellent treatment for cataracts.

It’s professional political punks who have created the puss-filled infected wound of fundamental transformation, not Donald Trump.

They are the ones calling for a bigger bureaucratic shovel for the hole they have already dug, not Donald Trump.

They are the ones who have lied to Americans or intentionally hidden the truth from us, not Donald Trump.

It’s professional politicians who are the enemy of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, not Donald Trump.

Experience more of Ted Nugent’s no-holds-barred passion and patriotism in his books and WND’s “Ted Nugent for President!” bumper sticker

Donald Trump’s message sings to Americans because he doesn’t play politically correct brain-dead games. He calls them like he sees them. That’s refreshing to millions of Americans who believe political correctness is a public cancer that has eroded free speech and everything else good about America.

Those who condemn Donald Trump for refusing to use cowardly, politically correct words would be wise to remember the words of Harry Truman who said, “Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.”

Instead of being condemned and lampooned by the likes of Ari Fleischer and his ilk, Donald Trump should be given the Medal of Freedom for speaking his mind in such a bold, honest and straight-forward manner.

If you want to watch a real political train wreck, witness a real mess in progress, you need look no further than the professional politicians who have borrowed and spent this country into oblivion. Trump that if you dare.

Carry on, Mr. Trump. Unless you are taking flak, you’re not over the target.

And for the record, I dare anybody to show me one word from Trump that isn’t accurate. What sort of denial gagged liar denies that our country is being invaded by drugrunners, murderers and rapists? What sort of denial gagged liar could possibly believe Trump meant legal immigrants?

GOP, your very existence is on the line here. Show some honesty or you’re done.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/give-trump-the-medal-of-freedom/#QIl0KK56R9mJtQME.99

Harvey gets hammered by the Daily News, see photo in the link for thanking Donald...

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/donald-trump-matt-harvey-new-york-mets-071015

Maybe we should start talking about that Freedom of the Press stuff too...