Donald Trump

Today I see that left is upping the ante and pushing even harder with the "Trump put babies in cages" Narrative! And they're still going it with pictures from 2014!!!! Self-immolation. Moderate democrats, who have been silent and scared for too long, are beginning to murmur, and to hint at starting to speak up. Too late? I think so.

J

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Today I see that left is upping the ante and pushing even harder with the "Trump put babies in cages" Narrative! And they're still going it with pictures from 2014!!!! Self-immolation. Moderate democrats, who have been silent and scared for too long, are beginning to murmur, and to hint at starting to speak up. Too late? I think so.

J

It is a wonderful sign.

They have always aimed for maximal lying and misdirection, but here we are at this late stage, and this particular bullshit is what they figure to be their best shot at the moment. Wonderful.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

July 9.

That's an important date.

President Trump said that this is the day he will announce his candidate for the Supreme Court to fill the vacancy of Anthony Kennedy.

His short list is five people, two of whom are women.

Michael

Let me add this:

:) 

Michael

And look at little-bitch-no-more Lindsey Graham:

“We’ll see what the president does. But as soon as we get a name we’ll go to work to get the person confirmed.”

Trump’s 2nd Supreme appointment will be seated very soon. 2nd of many.

Appointed by a pedoisland frequent-flyer and serial rapist, Ruth Bader “age of consent should be 12” Pedoburg is next.

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

First, you gotta get some data, right?

Okay, what does Praying Medic have to say?

Well, he or she has a 91-item tweetstorm. Jon Letendre has copied and pasted from the long thread. 

Here is the first:

And here the last ...

And here the summary in a video.  

Not just the last, Billyboy, you also included the 2nd to last post of Praying Medic’s thread, about someone else’s, religious, contribution to the conversation. I haven’t looked at it because I have no interest. But you made sure to include it. Praying Medic is Christian is that what you to be sure our readers notice? Are you engaging in subtle ad hominem? Are you a bigot when it comes to Christians, or just hopeful you can smear messengers to blunt what’s coming? I’m not a Christian, I used to make fun of it/them but I respect Christians now. I would bet the average Christian is going to be nicer when all breaks loose, when the facts are out about our sick world, nicer toward the guilty than the average Objectivist is going to be.

Jules,

The double standard is this. Countries outside the US want to impose tariffs on US goods, but balk when fairness means the US imposing tariffs on their goods. They think US tariffs are the end of the world, but they will not even discuss ending their own tariffs.

Here is a transcript of a relevant part of the Bartiromo interview above (at about 9:23 or so):

PRESIDENT TRUMP: First of all, I love free trade. You know, when I was at the G7, I said I have an idea, everybody. I'll guarantee you we'll do it immediately. Nobody pay any more tax. Everybody take down your barriers. No barriers. No tax. Everybody. Are you all set? No more tax. Canada, you're not gonna get two hundred and seventy five percent for your dairy and you're gonna take down all your barriers. We're gonna take down all our barriers. We're going to take down all our taxes. Right? You know what happened? Everybody said: Uh... can we get on to another subject?

President Trump is not playing by the rules of the US being the sucker any longer.

He offered to play fair at G7. There's a video of him joking about it with Trudeau. I believe he wants to play fair more than he wants to pass tariffs. And in the end, I believe he is going to make everyone who wants to trade with the US to play fair and the tariffs will fall or be drastically reduced on all sides.

Everybody else wants to play with the cards stacked in their favor like they have been doing for decades. And they blank out the barriers on their side. Those barriers, to them, are THE GIVEN. The NOT TO BE QUESTIONED. Nobody can blame them, though. Over time, people get used to unearned privileges so much, they forget they are unearned. That's just human nature.

I think in the end, after a period of strategic disruptions President Trump will prompt using whatever tools are available to him (including tariffs, when relevant), certain crony elites on all sides will not be happy, but working people--in the US and Canada and in every other country trading with America--will be very, very happy. So will startups in practically all industries--at least startups that target free market success and not government protections. :) 

When you get irritated by it all, ask yourself this. What other politician in power other than President Trump is calling for all countries to drop all trade barriers?

Any Canadians? I'm not aware of any.

(And, to answer your specific question, I understand "all" to mean "all." That would include sugar. :) )

Michael

Do you know how large the dairy industry in Canada is?  Negligible. As in .06% of Canada’s GDP.

I for one as previously stated think T2 is an idiot.

Also Trump focusing purely on raw materials like steel and aluminum to state “America is losing in trade deals with Canada” is only part of the picture, if you add all trade including services the US comes out ahead by about 8 billion/year.  Over all trade with Canada/US is very balanced.  As stated earlier he is treating Canada more like an enemy rogue state than its number 1 trading partner and ally.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I took a screenshot of this because I have no doubt it will be deleted soon.

06.27.2018-19.35.png

The GIF just shows the gun moving back and forth slightly to give it a sense of realism.

I'm surprised this thing has stayed up for the past seven days.

btw - I don't know who the charming young lady is, but I hope she likes becoming famous for the wrong reasons and being interviewed by cops...

EDIT: Here's the embed link for as long as it will stay up.

There are over 5,000 comments in that thread and someone said she was from England. Maybe she is...

Michael

I reported her, they finally got back to me with all of her misconducts.  Banbanbanned I think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jules Troy said:

I reported her, they finally got back to me with all of her misconducts.  Banbanbanned I think?

My god - flashback, do you remember Pippi here long ago? She put up the same image, but it was only me she was sick of so no harm done.

7 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Over all trade with Canada/US is very balanced.

Jules,

If you are on the inside. Cronies always try to make things look right to the casual viewer.

Once again, I ask, what is wrong with eliminating tariffs?

That was President Trump's first offer. It was on the table. Trudeau rejected it.

Michael

Some members of the press initially hoped to blame Trump for the Annapolis shooting, including employees of the Capital Gazette. They tried very hard to make links and push that fake news false Narrative™. It didn't work out so well. It became confirmation and an example of fake news.

So, now we're on to the Emergency Backup Narrative™.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-responds-capital-gazette-shooting_us_5b35e777e4b08c3a8f692bc3

One of the survivors of the shooting in Annapolis, Maryland, writer Selene San Felice, responded to Trump’s tweet about prayers in an interview with CNN on Thursday.

“I’ve heard that President Trump sent his prayers. I’m not trying to make this political, right? But we need more than prayers. I appreciate the prayers. I was praying the entire time I was [hiding] under that desk. I want your prayers but I want something else,” San Felice said. 

“I’m going to need more than a couple days of news coverage and some thoughts and prayers because our whole lives have been shattered,” she added. “Thanks for your prayers, but I couldn’t give a fuck about them if there’s nothing else.” 

What is the "something else" that she wants? Does she want to ban AR-15s? None were used in the shooting. Um, so maybe she wants to ban shotguns, since a shotgun was used? All guns? All weapons of any kind?

I think that it would be helpful if people who want more from The Others than just their thoughts and prayers would begin to specify what it is that they want. Right now, they seem to be reluctant to present any ideas, yet very eager to express anger at others for not solving any problems.

What do you want? Have the courage and the honesty to identify it.

J

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jules,

If you are on the inside. Cronies always try to make things look right to the casual viewer.

Once again, I ask, what is wrong with eliminating tariffs?

That was President Trump's first offer. It was on the table. Trudeau rejected it.

Michael

Indeed. And that's the primary reason that I'm not yet getting twitchy on the tariff issue. I'm assuming that Trump has eliminating tariffs as the end goal. Or I'm hoping.

J

13 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

Well as I said, Trudeau is an idiot.  On the bright side our ex Prime minister Stephen Harper is visiting the whitehouse today.  Andddd we have a federal election next year.

Why Stephen Harper,  the crafty devil.

Hope he is not auditioning for an on-air Fox News job, which I hear they are calling "Lord He-Haw", a contemporary mix of the classic down-home comedy series with hard-hitting news updates on the Trade War. The buzz us that both John Voight and Roseanne Barr have expressed interest in the role of Grandpa Jones.

We all know someone who wrote, “The Art of the Deal,” so “Let’s Make a Deal!” Which trading partners of the United States will take off all tariffs and barriers to trade? When one country says “Aye” we take off all barriers on them, (if they exist at this time,) and we hype the deal.

And perhaps Canada says “Oui!” Then free trade between Canada and the U.S. would be increased and cemented in place for five or ten years, whatever the deal is. Next Japan says “Hai!” and so it goes . . . each deal is publicized and mentioned frequently in the years to come.

We could call the list, “The free trade partners” or some new term. How big would the list of countries be?  And by the end of the first deal, which countries of the world will have prospered because of the deal (and the near absolute surety of knowing all partners will abide?)

Good evening. This is Edward R. Morrow III reporting on the world economy. Since the world-wide free trade agreement went into effect, 55 countries have joined the deal. Even North Korea has joined and opened their borders . . . . At the end of each agreement, what percent of the participating countries has extended the deal? 95 percent of them!    

15 minutes ago, Peter said:

We all know someone who wrote, “The Art of the Deal,”

Tony Schwartz, with generous assistance from Donald J Trump.

Homework:  review the history of the WTO and its predecessor, the GATT.  Review the hemispheric deals to reduce and eliminate tariffs, duties and other concrete impediments to free and fair trade between Canada and the USA.  In Canada, this was known as FTA. It was negotiated between two 'conservative' govern-ments ... Reagan's and Mulroney's.

Review the difference between tariff  regimes before and after NAFTA.  Were more or less items and classes subject to tariffs and duties?

Summarize the main points of dispute in the NAFTA renewal negotiations.

Speak out loudly and wisely, while paying strict attention to the details that matter. Think in historical terms.

Q

Edited by william.scherk
Answer all my questions or I will pull your credentials

5 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Tony Schwartz, with generous assistance from Donald J Trump.

Homework:  review the history of the WTO and its predecessor, the GATT.  Review the hemispheric deals to reduce and eliminate tariffs, duties and other concrete impediments to free and fair trade between Canada and the USA.  In Canada, this was known as FTA. It was negotiated between two 'conservative' govern-ments ... Reagan's and Mulroney's.

Review the difference between tariff  regimes before and after NAFTA.  Were more or less items and classes subject to tariffs and duties?

Summarize the main points of dispute in the NAFTA renewal negotiations.

Speak out loudly and wisely, while paying strict attention to the details that matter. Think in historical terms.

Q

Naw. I suggest we all just chant, "Laissez Faire. Laissez Faire!"

On 6/22/2018 at 8:18 AM, Jonathan said:
On 6/21/2018 at 2:00 PM, william.scherk said:

why did Michael Cohen choose for his new defense team an ex-prosecutor from the Southern District of New York who was/is pally with the gang that remained after Preet Bharara was fired? I mean, the ex-prosecutor from the same office now investigating his thing ...

I heard that Cohen is going to plead guilty to being Manafort's accomplice in manslaughter!

Where did you hear that?  Sounds a bit Faye to me.

In other news regarding Cohen, breathless Hollywood-Squares-style shout-fests will probably result from Michael Cohen's appearance with Stephanopoulos of ABC Faye.

Michael Cohen hints at flipping and says 'first loyalty' is to family – not Trump
"Fixer who once said he would ‘take a bullet’ for Trump says: ‘I will not be a punching bag as part of anyone’s defense strategy’"

24 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Where did you hear that?  Sounds a bit Faye to me.

I think it was ABC Canoes. Cohen helped Manafort kill five innocent undocumented immigrant babies whom Trump had personally ripped -- and I mean seriously ripped, like violently yanked with all of his might -- from the arms of their sobbing mothers. Not only that, but they killed them with military-style fully-automatic assault knives.

Q-level curiosity: "Cohen helped Manafort kill five innocent undocumented immigrant babies"

19 minutes ago, Q-level Clearance Sale said:

Cohen helped Manafort kill five innocent undocumented immigrant babies whom Trump had personally ripped -- and I mean seriously ripped, like violently yanked with all of his might -- from the arms of their sobbing mothers.

jan.png

Edited by william.scherk
Q, queue, cue, Cutey, Goodbye ...