Donald Trump

I just finished reading The Art of the Deal.

I have no doubt Donald Trump will be an excellent president.

He knows how to get and keep top talent for gigantic projects, he oversees things in a hands-on manner, he brings projects in on time and under-budget, he knows how to handle the press, he has lots of experience navigating the labyrinth of government regulations and laws, he knows how to drive a hard bargain, and he keeps his word once he makes a deal.

No wonder this book was bestseller.

Michael

You should have doubts. In principle, you should have doubts.

--Brant

can you argue the negative case?

You should have doubts. In principle, you should have doubts.

--Brant

can you argue the negative case?

Brant,

I should have doubts when stumping?!!

Be a half-assed stumper?!!

:)

Of course I can argue a negative case and I do it all the time in my mind. When I come out with a strong opinion during a stump, it's because I have already done the critical thinking. Now my words are for promoting my conclusions... It's a different gig...

Here, just for fun, an old tongue-twister:

A skunk sat on a stump

The stump thunk the skunk stunk

The skunk thunk the stump stunk

Now let me re-work this:

The Trump they said would slump

The slump thunk the Trump sunk

The Trump thunk the slump sunk

But the stump hunked, the spunk jumped

And the Trump debunked the chumps

Vote for Donald Trump.

(Not great, but what screwed up rhymes! :) )

Michael

This is from about 5 days ago, but what an excellent analysis of why Trump supporters are supporting him.

Not all the reasons, but, like Hannity said at the end, Mark Steyn was really on his game with this one.

To the doubters, I say: "Listen and learn."

(as I fondly think of how to season their crow pie...)

:smile:

Michael

I went looking for the Sarah Palin cleavage shot, couldn't find it but I read some more of what she said. I change my mind. She is not a light weight intellectually, may be as intelligent as Rubio, but not as smart or consistent as Ted Cruz. How can you search for a picture on OL? Does anyone remember posting it?

(as I fondly think of how to season their crow pie...)

Michael

Is it going to be gluten free?

You know how finicky crow pie eaters can be when they have to eat crow...

babycrow.gif

I went looking for the Sarah Palin cleavage shot, couldn't find it but I read some more of what she said. I change my mind. She is not a light weight intellectually...

Peter,

The cleavage shot was Photoshopped. That dork, Erikson from RedState, published the cleavage shot. Erikson is the genius who canceled Trump's speaking engagement because Mr. Dork walked right into Trump's menstruation trap about Megyn Kelly.

Bristol Palin got up in arms about Sir Dork Erikson after the menstruation trap was sprung and he looked like a bigass dorky dork dork to the entire country. He even apologized to Sarah (kind of).

Here is a link by Bristol in the middle of the dustup a couple of weeks ago: RedState, I Don’t Think the Phrase “Good Deed” Means What You Think It Means.

The photo of the infamous Christmas present, i.e., the false frontispiece wrapping Sarah's own boobies, is at that link, leering Santa and all. In fact, you can get links to all the rest there.

The left had a field-day with this kerfuffle, but, ultimately, it is nothing more than a tiny ripple in the culture.

Apropos, why are you so interested in Sarah Palin's cleavage?

Hmmmmm?!!

Michael

Yeah. Inflation is not a big problem. Inflation needs production to service an expanded economy for the amount that comes through does matter. Deflation can be put off to some extent with third party intervention. Australian Austrian economists could call this "fluffing," but the final result is complete collapse regardless. This isn't as bad as it sounds. That leaves me, for instance, free to do other things like post on OL or go the oral route to keep things going. Everybody has to do their part to keep it up or its poverty and depression for America and Americans.

--Brant

life is full of choices but Keynes can't win in the end but he could get it there--didn't he?

Hmmmmm Butthead, why are you so interested in Sarah Palin's cleavage?

Beevis, Sarah Palin said, “That leaves me, for instance, free to do other things like post on OL or go the oral route to keep things going.”

Snicker, snicker. She said, “oral,”

Sorry, I don't have time for one more. I am going to donate some books to the library. Some of them are new hard covers, like Memory Man. I wonder if they would want some old vinyl albums in their original covers?

The lovely ladies Diamond and Silk speak on Sarah Palin's Mama Grizzly Radio:

I didn't include Part Two because it did not include Silk, Diamond or Sarah. Just a different lady reading a rant she wrote about Cuba. (It was all right, I guess, but nothing more than a rant...). Here's the link for those who might want to hear it.

Michael

I watched Donald Trump on O’Reilly tonight. It was one of the few times I have seen him that he seemed genuine. What do I mean by that? The circus barker wasn’t absent but he was subdued. I think he is no longer making a deal or playing a part. And I am quite sure that O’Reilly is for him. Bill is bad at fooling anybody. Donald wants to win and he thinks he can win – and he understands that showmanship will not, ahem, trump the gut feeling and the certainty that the electorate needs to OWN - before they know they are going to back this man to the hilt. It felt good to him and it felt good to me to see him with the façade lowered. If he wins the primary process I will support him, as I did Romney. With McCain I was supporting Sarah Palin.
Peter

Here we go again:

And this:

And this:

And this:

And there's even more...

Michael

I think Trump should drop the retaliation. It seems petty, just as it does against Rosie O. He probably got a percent of a bump after the debate from Megan’s punch to the cheek but holding vendettas against women isn’t going to do him any good. Besides another critic will be coming along soon, because that is the nature of elections.

The Republican debate schedule from Policy.mic:. Sept. 16, 2015: The next Republican candidate debate is scheduled for Sept. 16 and will be hosted by CNN and Salem Media Group. It will be televised from the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California. The moderators are CNN anchor Jake Tapper and Salem Radio Network host Hugh Hewitt. Unlike Fox News, which had the top 10 candidates debate and relegated the seven remaining candidates to a pre-debate "happy hour debate," CNN said it would divide the candidates into two separate debates on the same night.

Oct. 28, 2015: CNBC will host the following GOP debate on Oct. 28 at the University of Colorado in Boulder.

November 2015: There's not a set date yet for the November debate hosted by Fox Business Network and the Wall Street Journal. It's expected to be held in Wisconsin.

Dec. 15, 2015: The December Republican debate will be held in Las Vegas and hosted by CNN and Salem Media Group.

January 2016: The date is TBD, but Fox News will host again.

Feb. 6, 2016: ABC News and IJREview will host the debate at the St. Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Feb. 6. "New Hampshire voters are independent-minded, they love their country and just plain enjoy discussing politics, and that means New Hampshire is truly IJ country," IJReview founder Alex Skatell said in a statement. "We're excited to be in the First In The Nation state for our first presidential debate, and to partner with ABC News."

Feb. 26, 2016: NBC and Telemundo will host a GOP debate in Texas.

March 2016: Fox News will host another debate, but the exact day and location have not been set.

March 10, 2016: CNN and Salem Media Group will host the final Republican primary debate in Florida on March 10.
end quote

Two photo shopped pictures in my email. Hillary is shown sitting in a jail cell wearing orange. Bill is outside her cell crying.
“How long am I going to be in here, Bill?”
“Sob. At this point, what difference does it make?”

The second photo shows Al Sharpton wagging his finger and saying, “If Trump is elected President I am moving back to Africa.”
Peter

Thomas Sowell mentioned that Trump will certainly have a big percentage of the delegates, and could be a kingmaker even if he does not get the nomination at the Republican Convention. All primaries between March 1 and March 14, which includes Super Tuesday will be proportional and not winner take all. But after that it will be winner take all. Scratching your head? It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either, but here is one possible explanation.
Peter

From About News, The 2016 Republican Primaries: The first states to hold primaries, as usual, will be Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. Voters in those states will go to the polls in February under the party rules passed in 2014. States that attempt to jump ahead of those four states will be punished with the loss of delegates.

States that hold their primaries between March 1 and March 14, 2016, will award their delegates on a proportional basis, meaning that no one candidate could likely win the nomination before late-voting states get to hold their primaries. States voting on March 15, 2016, or later will award their delegates on a winner-take-all basis, meaning candidates will likely pay more attention to them. The party believes that the new system of awarding delegates will prevent the front-loading of primaries early in the season, and offers states an incentive to hold theirs in the spring and summer instead of trying to leapfrog each other for influence and attention.

Why Long Primary Seasons Are a Problem. Drawn-out primary battles force the eventual nominee to spend too much of his time and money defending himself from attacks by members of his own party, thereby weakening the campaign before the fall election and exposing its flaws to the opposition. Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told the media the 2014 rule change will benefit the eventual presidential nominee in 2016.

"We have been saying for months that we were no longer going to sit around and allow ourselves to slice and dice for six months, participate in a circus of debates, that we were going to take hold once again of our responsibility at the Republican National Committee because we are the custodians of the nomination process," Priebus said.
end quote

Dump Trump!

Trump can only keep this superficial bs up so long. He's better than George Wallace and worse than Nelson Rockefeller. Underneath the mouth all he's doing of any consequence is ripping up the mainstream media and the other Republicans. This has value up to a point for the latter and up to no point for the former, but what we do not want is slo Joe Bidden as the next President. (Hillary seems to be toast.) Trump would be better but can't we do better?

Dump Trump!

Most of what Trump the Chump brings to the campaign is next to worthless in competent presidentiality, but he will "build." Wrongo! (He belongs in the Congo!) Government needs to be dismantled, squeezed, teeth extracted--not built up by a "builder." In truth, however, he's only 1/3 a builder plus 1/3 a mouth plus 1/3 a manipulator. That's it! that's 100%. There is nothing in reserve. He'd be just a bull inside and destroying the Peace House, such as it is.

Dump Trump!

Of course, after a few nukes go off in all the wrong places, all domestic considerations will be shot and Leviathan won't matter for all the additional build up. (The radioactive cloud's silver lining but ten of millions dead and dying.)

--Brant (pushing the envelop; living dangerously)

rant, pant, rant, pant (a little too much coffee this morning and too much truth spilt out: "Brant, there is a whole Internet out there for you to dump on Trump, but--please, read the site guidelines" ("I like you, I really like you, but you are Trumped and OL is not a dump on Trump dump--chump")

Dump Trump!

https://youtu.be/-fPtmRZQVHo

Frank Luntz, the "genius" pollster who declared that Trump had crashed and burned after the debate with a stacked focus group to prove it (right before Trump's ratings increased :smile: ), just tried to wield his influence again.

And guess what happened?

He got scared. Real scared.

See Time's "WTF happened?" story today by Sam Frizell: Pollster’s Legs Wobble After Fawning Donald Trump Focus Group

Luntz's game plan was to get a bunch of Trump supporters in a room, poll them on every negative thing he could think of about Trump, backed up by damning videos of Trump, then poll them at the end on how much they still supported Trump.

The idea was to show that they would lower their approval of Trump if talked at in a certain manner.

From the article:

At the end of the session, the vast majority said they liked Trump more than when they walked in.

“You guys understand how significant this is?” Luntz asked the press breathlessly when he came back into the room behind the glass. “This is real. I’m having trouble processing it. Like, my legs are shaking.”

In other words, Trump supporters are not listening to anything media manipulators are saying to them. Not even when the media manipulators come with video proof.

And if the media manipulators try to torch Trump, the supporters dig in further. Notice that they didn't just approve of Trump more, they liked him more after going through a masterful smear Trump attempt. (And make no mistake, Luntz is a master.)

No wonder Luntz's legs are shaking. He has no way to control people like this.

I feel what those people do so I understand it. The media manipulating morons never will. It goes something like this (my words):

Yeah, Trump changed his mind a lot, he's said some offensive things I wouldn't, done a few monkeyshines, and he's probably got a couple of personal interests tucked away in his game plan, but in general, he's not lying to me. He's saying what I've been thinking for years and in the same tone of voice. And he does stuff well.

You media people and politicians, on the other hand, screw up everything you put your hands to. And you're always lying to me, even when you tell the truth. I wish you would stop, but you won't. You think I'm stupid.

Between you and Trump, I'll go with Trump.

I read anti-Trump people here in O-Land who are now taking the elitist approach. Before it was Trump was stupid. Now, it's that American voters are stupid. They're the problem to these folks.

That's a premise I doubt they will ever check.

But it's a premise that will not rationally stand if checked. I know. I've checked it.

The American people are good people in general. Intelligent, too.

Especially the Silent Majority.

And it's not just anger. The elites have lost their credibility to the average Silent Majority producer for lying and manipulating so much, all the while screwing up simple things.

I guess I'm one of those the elites say is stupid, yet they refuse to see this simple fact, even when it is rubbed in their noses like what just happened with Frank Luntz.

So who's really the moron?

Michael

Now you all know what it is like to be Canadian...about time too.

If the Trump supporters are like the RoFo supporters were here.. intractably stupid, yet considering that a virtue..god and galt both help you/.

Now I know Trump is on his way!

When an angry Canadian woman has to get emotional about the next President of the United States...

angry-wife-smashing-dishes.gif

She wants Evita...hillary-clinton-smiley-emoticon.gif

A...

Brant wrote: Dump Trump! . . . Trump would be better but can't we do better? . . . Dump Trump!
end quote

Ah, come on. Donald isn’t Victor Newman on The Young and the Restless. That chant is a bit premature, though it might be taken up at the Republican Convention. If Hillary does bow out it is MUCH MORE LIKELY the other Republican candidates will have a better chance of beating Trump to the nomination. As it is, we need the biggest dawg in the yard to out bark her and the Progressive / Totalitarian media, and that German Shepherd is named Sir Donald Trump. Good dog. Stay.

I would be more FOR several other candidates if Old Hickory Clinton bows out. Why would I support the others? I am still not convinced Trump would be a freedom candidate. I worry that a Trump government would be a louder, clumsier, more of the same Statism we have had, but with certain quirky things he will do away with by fiat. I can see Trump through executive decrees bringing down the wrath of the House and Senate and the wrath would be that of the Democrats and Tea Party Republicans like Rand Paul, and Ted Cruz.

Luckily our trial by fire process will put the best candidates into the primaries, though probably not the best ideologically. Right? Sic um’ boy.

Ready for some more silliness? Elephants and donkeys are the party’s symbols, so which candidate matches up with these fictional dogs? Big Red, Rin Tin Tin, Clifford, Belle, Cujo, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Lassie, Nana from Peter Pan, Marmaduke, Snoopy, Balto, Beethoven, Benji, Old Yeller, Astro, Asta, and McGruff the Crime Dog.

Any cats in the mix? Grumpy Cat, Macavity, Morris?
Peter

Now you all know what it is like to be Canadian...about time too.

If the Trump supporters are like the RoFo supporters were here.. intractably stupid, yet considering that a virtue..god and galt both help you/.

Carol! You are a treasure! We are in desperate need of some good poetry. I just can't get anywhere:

"Trump the chump"

"In the rump with Trump"

"Dump Trump" [i was working on it first]

Your most casual effort would be more than welcome!

Hopefully you have a kind word for Carly Fiorina? Nevermind Hillary, when Obama stops protecting her...-->straight to prison!

Fondly,

Mike

Hey--I gotta inject some humor or everything will get old fast and the election is far, far away in time.

--Brant

when I was 2 1/2 I started to think, I think--and when I was 3 I became an elitiest (it felt good): it's been all down the up staircase since

I think Trump should drop the retaliation. It seems petty, just as it does against Rosie O.

Peter,

Wasn't it Rand who said the following through Toohey?

Don't bother to examine a folly—ask yourself only what it accomplishes.

I don't think Trump cares one way or another about Megyn. I think his deal is Roger Ailes.

His bashing of Megyn's show (in other Tweets, he complained about her views of the issues she presented) shows he has clout enough to damage one of Ailes's top performers.

See this Politico article: Roger Ailes: Donald Trump should apologize to Megyn Kelly

And Trump's response in the article?

I totally disagree with the FOX statement. I do not think Megyn Kelly is a quality journalist. I think her questioning of me, despite all of the polls saying I won the debate, was very unfair. Hopefully in the future I will be proven wrong and she will be able to elevate her standards to a level of professionalism that a network such as FOX deserves.

He put the hidden marriage between Fox and the old Republican money on notice. Trump isn't going to ignore dirty tricks. For example, the current backstage push to use an oath to any future Republican candidate as a pre-qualifier for eligibility in a Republican debate. (Believe it or not, there is a Republican around-the-clock anti-Trump war-room.)

And Trump let it be known that his opinion could change of Kelly. As if to say, "Now the ball's in your court. Whatcha gonna do? Play or get killed?"

I'm sure Ailes is not used to this kind of response.

And guess what?

It makes me like Trump even more than before.

Michael