Donald Trump

Cenk Uygur over at The Young Turks keeps a running criticism of Trump going.

But his more left-wing collaborators, they are livid with Clinton and the DNC.

Does anyone think these guys and their fans are going to vote for Hillary Clinton?

This reminds me of a joke that was common in my days in the Brazilian underworld.

Q: Who wins when Bandit A fights a war with Bandit B?
A: The police.

:)

Michael

11 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

This is too mechanistic. When the sperm hits the egg you have an unrepeatable uniqueness that will eventually be expressed by consciousness--unless aborted, naturally or otherwise.

--Brant

A fertilized egg cannot think.   It is thinking that makes a human a person.  When a human (with a human genome)  can start thinking then it is a person.

And mechanistic is best.  It is definite, it is accurate.  No slop.  

That is why science and mathematics succeed  and philosophy  and theology fail.

8 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

A fertilized egg cannot think.   It is thinking that makes a human a person.  When a human (with a human genome)  can start thinking then it is a person.

Why, again?

An argument by repeated mere asseveration is not an argument at al.

I agree that philosophy fails you. Or is that the other way around?

Since philosophy fails and science succeeds you fail here for I see no science, only blab. Science is a philosophy, but philosophy is not just for science.

For you "science" never fails for qua science the "truth" will come to the top. And "philosophy" always fails. The truth will stay buried. So goes your perfect world.

The problem is the buried truth in philosophy is beyond your interest and means. It has to be there, however, because the falsehoods are not primary. Everything hangs on truth. If philosophy fails it can be set right. But you say that's impossible, but you can't say that with science.

Science without reason is not science; it's nothing.

--Brant

11 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Why, again?

An argument by repeated mere asseveration is not an argument at al.

I agree that philosophy fails you. Or is that the other way around?

Since philosophy fails and science succeeds you fail here for I see no science, only blab. Science is a philosophy, but philosophy is not just for science.

For you "science" never fails for qua science the "truth" will come to the top. And "philosophy" always fails. The truth will stay buried. So goes your perfect world.

The problem is the buried truth in philosophy is beyond your interest and means. It has to be there, however, because the falsehoods are not primary. Everything hangs on truth. If philosophy fails it can be set right. But you say that's impossible, but you can't say that with science.

Science without reason is not science; it's nothing.

--Brant

Not an argument.  The fact we are discussing this issue over a computer network  makes  my point......

Glenn Beck keeps on keeping on when he hates.

Now he thinks WikiLeaks is immoral because it helps Trump.

If it trashed Trump, I have no doubt he would say it was moral, maybe that God was using a flawed organization to do His fine work.

Michael

Does anyone want to see how a Hillary Clinton rally works?

This was in Cleveland a few days ago.

Check it out:

Michael

Jimmy Dore in the following video shows exactly where the majority of Bernie's people are at.

Except for one thing. Dore won't vote for Trump and he despises Hillary Clinton too much to vote for her, so he prefers to vote for someone he agrees with and lose. I think a lot of his followers will vote for Trump just to make sure Clinton loses.

btw - With a tweak here and there, these guys sound just like Alex Jones about the current situation with Russia.

Michael

12 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Personhood at conception, OR personhood when the baby's brain "fires up around the 26th to 28th week after the creation of an embryo, OR, Personhood upon birth. Bestowing of most rights around the teenage years and full citizenship at 18 or 21? I still think a person is there "when a person is thinking." Its location does not matter if he or she is thinking. Change the location to outside the womb, and display a baby born naturally and a baby "aborted" by an operation because the mother does not want it? Well, if both are thinking normally no Doctor will ever say the aborted baby is less of a person.

Peter     

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Personhood at conception, OR personhood when the baby's brain "fires up around the 26th to 28th week after the creation of an embryo, OR, Personhood upon birth. Bestowing of most rights around the teenage years and full citizenship at 18 or 21? I still think a person is there "when a person is thinking." Its location does not matter if he or she is thinking. Change the location to outside the womb, and display a baby born naturally and a baby "aborted" by an operation because the mother does not want it? Well, if both are thinking normally no Doctor will ever say the aborted baby is less of a person.

Peter     

Most doctors will not say abortion is murder or homicide.   If they believed that they would have to report an abortion to the police....

Think about it. Hillary will deny Americans their “civil rights.” That is a slant Trump could use.

I just read Tracinski’s latest homage to “the RCP polls,” which correctly showed there was no surge for Romney in 2012 and shows no surge for Trump now. He does not think the email leaks showing the Clinton team is a calculating, un-American machine, or the Trump bimbos who are trying to soak him are going to have any more affect.

Fox is just showing Clinton with 307 electoral votes to 181 for Trump, with 50 toss ups. That is bleak.

On Rush’s radio show just now, Reuters (from last Friday) is saying Trump is gaining and his “rigged” comment is resonating at 70 percent of Republicans think the election can be rigged . . .. but Trump is behind by over 10 percent nationally. Podesta in the latest email gives the media a 37 page guide to rig the election and the polls.  

I watched “Goldfinger” for a while last night until Madam Secretary came on about 9:30 and I was surprised to see a national advertisement for Trump. It was pretty good. Remember Bond’s school boy antics and dialogue? Goldfinger’s female enforcer “Pussy Galore?” If you were alive to watch that when it first came out, you just say ho hum at some of Trump’s 60’s theatricality.  Pussy, pussy, pussy . . .every guy I knew suddenly had a new, though it soon got old, favorite word. Women did not like it back then either. 

Also on the news Saturday night at 6:30 on NBC it was actually skewed a bit for Trump. Of course this was on a weekend when fewer people are watching and it adds to their fair and balance rating without influencing a bigger audience. Still, it was refreshing.

Peter

Notes. Rasmussen. Monday, October 24, 2016. Donald Trump still has a slight edge in Rasmussen Reports’ latest White House Watch.

The new national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows Trump with 43% support to Clinton’s 41%. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson gets five percent (5%) of the vote, while Green Party nominee picks up three percent (3%). Another three percent (3%) like some other candidate, while five percent (5%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Hillary Clinton was shocked at Donald Trump’s statement during the final presidential debate that he will wait until the election results are final before accepting them because he's concerned about potential voter fraud. But most voters think that’s the right decision. (To see survey question wording, National Survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters Conducted October 20 and 23, 2016
By Rasmussen Reports:

1* How serious a problem is voter fraud in America today?

2* If a presidential candidate suspects that voter fraud may be a problem in an election, should they say they will accept the election results before those results are actually announced, or should they wait until the results are final?

NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/-3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

From: NRoarkofConn To: atlantis Subject: Re: ATL: Re: Is Consciousness relevant to abortion?

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:23:29 EDT. On May 25, I wrote: >And from what we know about memory and its dependence upon perception, is it really a surprise that once a fetus begins collecting perceptual information (at about 28 weeks), the fetus also ~stores~ that information (automatically, of course)? No pun, intended, Morganis, but this is really a no-brainer. :-) end quote

Ba’al wrote: Most doctors will not say abortion is murder or homicide.   If they believed that they would have to report an abortion to the police.... end quote

Did you know God touches a baby’s forehead when it is conceived, like in that Michelangelo painting on the ceiling? How could you or they not know their religious fate trumps reason? I suggest the medical mechanics always check beyond the engine lights from a non religious mindset.

The issue definitely, *seems* like a difficult ethical issue but it is not. At what point are civil rights violated when a baby is killed? When should rights be bestowed by our legal system with an overall framework including the Constitution? Right now the Medical ethicists use fetal viability as the last stop . . . before “Far Point.” The baby could live with that.

Of course Christian Evangelicals would not rest until rights are bestowed upon conception. Yet, except for a fringe even they understand that certain mental or medical conditions mean abortion is not just practical but ethical, and I am taking about Catholics and most other Christians. The severely mentally retarded as dramatized by the Zika virus illustrates the point.

Viability at around 20 weeks precedes *brain quickening* at 26 to 28 weeks when signs of consciousness occur and I could accept viability as a LEGAL standard of conduct. If the solution to an unwanted birth were a jagged little pill, could you give it to a beloved female without too much remorse, if it were before viability? I think I could with regrets but I would definitely hesitate if the baby were thinking inside the womb. But I would never kill a baby if it were born and crying. Never. 

Peter    

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, Peter said:

What does the Talmud or The Ten Commandments say about the gray areas of morality? 

In the Bible there is a distinction drawn between murder and killing.

Murder is specifically prohibited, whereas killing, as in war or self defense, is not.

Greg

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:34 AM, Brant Gaede said:

Nobody is denying consequences except Bob denying some consequences.

--Brant

Moral consequences are both universal and unavoidable... as real as gravity.

Greg

On 10/20/2016 at 1:34 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The National Enquirer is being ignored right now, but you can bet it is flying off the shelves. And after a sales run of a few days, you can be sure other media will start reporting on it.

The shitstorm will soon start.

Mr. Fix It, the guy mentioned in The National Enquirer who cleaned up after Hillary Clinton's sexual excesses and dirty tricks, will be interviewed by Hannity tonight. Here's the headline at the The National Enquirer site:

Hillary’s Mr. Fix It Unmasked! Clinton Operative Gives TV Tell-All

From the article:

Hillary Clinton’s shady Mr. Fix It will tell all on TV tonight, just days after his explosive confession in The National ENQUIRER hit the stands.

The man who’s rocked Washington, D.C., will join Sean Hannity on tonight’s episode of “Hannity” — airing on the FOX News Channel at 10 p.m. EST — to reveal his true identity at last.

. . .

As The ENQUIRER reported, this man played a key role in some of the Clintons’ dirtiest schemes: the plot to take down Bill Clinton mistress Monica Lewinsky, sleazy deals to buy women’s silence, and so much more.

Michael

32 minutes ago, moralist said:

Moral consequences are both universal and unavoidable... as real as gravity.

Greg

Moral beliefs ahd principle do not produce physical consequences.  Only overt actions do.  So Morality has at most an indirect effect on observable states of the world. 

I have no doubt that if bad morals lead to evil acts then less they pleasing consequences are likely to occur.  Human history is a testament to that.

OK. I will try to remember to watch Hannity at 10.

Kellyanne, Trump’s chieftess who is in my email box today (shucks Beevis, he said “box”, snork snork) concedes that Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Penn, Ohio, Maine, Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, and Minnesota are too close to call. The oddest for me is Iowa in the RCP average. Trump is only 3.7 ahead in Iowa !?! Republican Senator Chuck Grassley is 15.7 percent ahead of Democrat Patty Judge. Texas is in the toss up column. And Texas, in the tossup column ?!? That’s oddity number two. Get with it Senator Cruz, Rubio, and Grassley!  

I just looked again at the RCP map. Trump is back to being able to win it with 126 for Trump plus 150 undecided’s, which could put him at 6 over. Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’ keep them doggies rollin’.

Peter

“Rawhide”

. . . She rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them doggies rollin', rawhide

. . . All the things I'm missin'
Good vittles, love an' kissin'
Are waitin' at the end of my ride

. . . Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope, throw an' brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high an' wide

My heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin'
Be waitin' at the end of my ride

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide . . . .

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rawhide, rawhide

Songwriters: DIMITRI TIOMKIN, NED WASHINGTON © PATTI WASHINGTON MUSIC, SHAPIRO BERNSTEIN & CO. INC.

6 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Moral beliefs ahd principle do not produce physical consequences. 

Correct, they don't. Moral beliefs, intentions, or even intellectual theories, or emotions are ALL absolutely meaningless, because only actions can be either moral or immoral. That's why I said moral consequences are both universal and unavoidable and you responded as if I had said moral beliefs when I actually did not. That's a government educated intellect for ya. :wink:

But even if a person does what's morally right for all the wrong reasons, it's still morally right and good will come of it and they will become a better person for it.

Greg

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:53 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

I will "give it a rest" when you start making coherent  logical sense. 

Bob,  we'll always have two different views because I'm a private sector businessman and you're a government employee.

Greg

12 hours ago, moralist said:

Bob,  we'll always have two different views because I'm a private sector businessman and you're a government employee.

Greg

Not since 1968

We hatessss the government, Preciousssssss  and we wants to see it bleed.

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The shitstorm will soon start.

Mr. Fix It, the guy mentioned in The National Enquirer who cleaned up after Hillary Clinton's sexual excesses and dirty tricks, will be interviewed by Hannity tonight.

Total fizzle.

The guy, Jeff Rovin, came forth and gave his identity, but little else.

From LifeZette:

Alleged Clinton Fixer: ‘New York Times Has Become the National Enquirer’

It's obvious from the way he talked that he had much more (I cracked up when he said, "If you've seen Weiner, then you know what I'm talking about," :) )  and Hannity is good at vetting guests, but Rovin didn't want to give it up for whatever reason.

I imagine he wanted more money than Fox was willing to pay or he got some serious-ass threats to his family, but that's just my speculation.

Michael