Donald Trump

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

So far.

Keep your name and address off the board of public awareness.

--Brant

The American value of needing the government only works for me until I'm dead. After that it won't matter! :lol: 

And public awareness has absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact it has nothing to do with anyone else, not even the government...

...but rather my own personal choice to live by American values...

...the primary value being not needing the government.

It only works for those who choose to live by it... and no one else.

Greg

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Greg,

It occurred to me that Trump found a great way for government to leave him alone.

Now that's an insightful observation, Michael...   :)

I found that same great way to be left alone by the government, and it's readily available for anyone else who wants it. Even though I operate on a micro scale, the principle is exactly the same.

No real solution is ever outside-in... it's always inside-out. :wink: 

Greg

Mario Cuomo's son and the brother of the other idiot child who is the Governor of New York.

This clown actually recently said that Communism was about ...lifting folks out of poverty and into freedom, or, words to that

effect.

His brother the Governor held up signs outside St. John's University chanting "Vote for Cuomo not the homo!" when his dad ran against Ed Koch.

Political slime and stupidity infect both of the sons. 

His brother, the Governor, was the head of HUD during Clinton's regime.

A...

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
6 hours ago, Robert Campbell said:

None of the Trumpians hereabouts have shown much interest in Paul Manafort.

I've talked about Paul Manafort.

Even posted a few videos.

manafortMSKdiscussion.jpg

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

A very, very inspiring message from Lynne Patton, a black female executive of the Trump Organization.

This is the kind of loyalty Trump's employees feel toward him.

Notice she mentioned he stood by her despite a problem with addiction. That one hits home to me...

Michael

Beautiful.

For people still confused about who the establishment is, let's say Hillary Clinton is part of the establishment. (Duh... I know... but I want to be clear for those with doubts.)

Now let's add a staunch Republican establishment mouthpiece: George Will. Intellectualoid. Smoke screen artist for establishment shenanigans and corruption. He makes the public look at lofty things in people who do despicable things.

What does he think about Hillary? Um... not so bad. See for yourself:

If Trump is nominated, the GOP must keep him out of the White House
by George Will
April 29, 2016
The Washington Post

From the article (he's talking about Trump):

George Will said:

Were he to be nominated, conservatives would have two tasks. One would be to help him lose 50 states...

You read that right. The second task doesn't matter after that. George Will said the GOP conservatives should work to make Trump lose the election in all 50 states if he is nominated.

If Republicans adhered his boneheaded plan, it means Hillary Clinton (the probable opponent) would win.

George Will even gives Clinton some election advice on how to beat Trump:

George Will said:

Hillary Clinton’s optimal running mate might be Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio, a pro-labor populist whose selection would be balm for the bruised feelings of Bernie Sanders’s legions. Running mates rarely matter as electoral factors: In 2000, Al Gore got 43.2 percent of the North Carolina vote. In 2004, John Kerry, trying to improve upon Gore’s total there, ran with North Carolina Sen. John Edwards but received 43.6 percent. If, however, Brown were to help deliver Ohio for Clinton, the Republican path to 270 electoral votes would be narrower than a needle’s eye.

You see, that's how it works. The establishment people help each other out. Republican or Democrat, it doesn't matter. They all belong to the establishment, America's royalty. And American citizens be damned.

To them, since they are the royalty, they are the ones who should decide. They are the smart ones. They are the beautiful people. They all have their snouts slopped in the same royal trough and they want to keep it that way. So they protect each other behind the scenes.

Some of them, like George Will, are not even trying to hide it anymore.

Michael

This is the most amazing campaign season.  The crime scene is America after the last few decades of American politics.  This election is all about the guy with the spray bottle and UV light.  All the blood splatters are shining bright...

48 minutes ago, PDS said:

By the way, whatever happened to our Canadian friend, the Rubio champion?

I miss his exclamation points!!!!!!

David,

You might not believe this, but Marc's a Trump supporter now.

And, you might not further believe this, but he's sincere about it. And I don't even razz him.

He'll show up one day and talk about it. But since we now agree and he can't rub my nose in anything, I think the fun went away.

Besides, he was, you know, wrong... :evil: 

(Well, I guess I razz him a little. :) )

btw - I gave an executive pardon to the crows who were waiting on death row for him.

:)

Michael

Personally, I'm not a "Trump supporter." The closest I could ever get is hoping Hillary loses. The only thing that might contain Trump's anti-intellectualism, ignorance and it's all about Trump looking good is reality, which is too much room to romp.

--Brant

Donald Drumpf: Hillary Clinton doesn't do very well with women.

"She's playing the woman card," Drumpf told host Chris Cuomo. "And if she didn't play the woman card, she would have no chance whatsoever of winning."

Drumpf went on to say that Clinton’s standing among female voters in particular is nothing to write home about.

"Frankly, (Hillary Clinton) doesn’t do very well with women," Drumpf said. "If you look at what happened recently, … in the last two weeks, including New York. I won with women by vast, vast majorities. I was way, way up with women far above anybody else in the exit polls of the recent election."

Clinton may have gleefully embraced Drumpf’s "woman card" attack line, but we thought it’s still worth checking whether Drumpf is right that Clinton "doesn’t do very well with women."

Drumpf, as it turns out, couldn’t be more wrong.

[...]

Drumpf unquestionably routed his opponents among female voters during the four recent primaries for which exit polls exist. He won 57 percent of women in the New York primary, 55 percent of women in the Connecticut primary, 50 percent of women in the Maryland primary, and 54 percent of women in the Pennsylvania primary.

That said, even among women voting in these GOP primaries, Drumpf experiences a gender gap: According to these exit polls, women -- by a modest but consistent margin -- supported Drumpf by smaller margins than men did. In New York, he was six points stronger among men. In Connecticut that gap was five points, in Maryland it was nine points, and in Pennsylvania it was seven points.

And there’s an even more important problem for Drumpf’s claim: His own success among Republican women doesn’t have anything to say about how well or poorly Clinton is doing with women.

11 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Personally, I'm not a "Trump supporter." The closest I could ever get is hoping Hillary loses. The only thing that might contain Trump's anti-intellectualism, ignorance and it's all about Trump looking good is reality, which is too much room to romp.

--Brant

That's where I'm at, more or less.   Every time Trump does something in the neighborhood of adding to the plus column (for instance, I actually kind of liked his foreign policy speech), he does something like this.    One step forward, 2 or 3 steps back.  

The dude really has no class. 

1 hour ago, PDS said:
1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

--Brant

That's where I'm at, more or less.   Every time Trump does something in the neighborhood of adding to the plus column (for instance, I actually kind of liked his foreign policy speech), he does something like this.    One step forward, 2 or 3 steps back.  

The dude really has no class. 

Maybe he should be invited to join (L)OL.

REB

PLUS!! 

Donald Drumpf goes after Ted Cruz's father, linking him to JFK's assassin

Business Insider 
  •  

Donald Drumpf took several swings Tuesday morning at Sen. Ted Cruz’s father, Rafael Cruz — even linking him to President John F. Kennedy’s assassin.

Speaking by telephone with “Fox and Friends” on Tuesday, Drumpf took issue with Cruz’s father’s recent suggestion to an audience of Christian voters in Indiana that a presidency by Drumpf, the frontrunner for the Republican nomination, “could be the destruction of America.”

“I think it’s a disgrace that he’s allowed to do it,” Drumpf said. “I think that it’s a disgrace that he’s allowed to say it.”

He continued: “It’s disgraceful that his father can go out there and do that, and so many people are angry.”

Drumpf also pushed back against the elder Cruz’s pitch to evangelical voters in which he pointed out high-profile endorsements from figures like Liberty University president Jerry Falwell Jr.

During Tuesday’s interview, Drumpf also sought to undermine Rafael Cruz’s legitimacy by parroting a dubious National Enquirer story. The story claimed Rafael Cruz was photographed in the early 1960s handing out pro-Fidel Castro leaflets with President John F. Kennedy’s assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald.

Edited by william.scherk

On May 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

So what did Trump do? Over his lifetime, he simply bought the politicians (using money, prestige, fame, whatever currency he had that they wanted) to get them out of his way. Then it didn't matter what the law said.

And then he built.

From looking at the size of his political donations, he got off cheap, too.

[...]

In fact, that's where Club for Growth went off the rails in trying to blackmail him. Trump's donation amounts were hardly ever large sums. He normally gave out donation amounts like $50k a pop tops. At the start of his campaign, Club for Growth insisted on a cool million and made it clear he would never win without them. Trump told them to take a hike (to use a euphemism :) ) and the rest is history.

I am pretty sure Trump is going to govern that way when he needs to employ extra-deal persuasion against entrenched political obstacles. He'll squeeze his opponents on things they value that he controls, and cajole them with SMALL incentives--preferably not money--instead of the hog trough they are used to.

Michael,

I won't ask you what sort of hate is driving you.

But I am morbidly fascinated by your own account of your guy's tactics.

Perhaps you can explain what he got—cheaply, of course—by giving Mitch McConnell $60,000 to deliver a punch in the nose to Matt Bevin and other Tea Party opponents of sitting Republican Senators.

As for the Club for Growth story, what is your evidence for the Club for Growth people telling him he would never win without them?

The chairman of the Club sent Corey Lewandowski a letter asking for $1 million, apparently after having met with Trump at Trump Tower.

I believe the letter, because Trump produced it.

What leads you to suppose that the rest of the story is any more credible than Donald's "perfect statistics" (20% unemployment in Wisconsin!) or his claim to have invented the tired slogan, "Common-sense conservatism"?

Though it has occurred to me that you may not care whether it's true or not, as long as it helps Trump win.

And he is winning in Indiana, which probably makes him the Republican nominee.

Robert

On May 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I've talked about Paul Manafort.

Even posted a few videos.

Michael,

Do you have anything to say about Viktor Yanukovych?  You know, the politician who was Paul Manafort's client for 6 years, give or take...

I suppose it could be that people who see Yanukovych fail to see you, and people who see you will fail to see him.

Robert

On May 2, 2016 at 2:40 PM, KorbenDallas said:

I'm gonna guess Jon might have other Purposes than your own.

But I'm emotionally affected that my assignment had a word count requirement while Jon's didn't.

Oh well, there's always the student union.

Korben,

What you appear to be saying is that you don't actually care what Donald Trump's position is on anything.

All that matters is that he is winning.

That's great for Donald Trump, and it's pretty attractive to anyone who is, or will be, on his payroll.

What does it do for you?

Robert

On May 2, 2016 at 3:25 PM, KorbenDallas said:

McCarthyism?  Yah.

Time to start another blacklist.

Korben,

My final paragraph was about the expedient stuff.

You know, Donald Trump wanting to defeat Hillary Clinton.

Donald says, "Hillary Clinton takes money from Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs."  (Which, of course, is true.)

Hillary says, "Donald Trump's campaign manager takes money from Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs." (Which is also true.)

I'm actually wondering why Donald Trump would accept such an exposure.

What the hell does any of this have to do with McCarthyism?

Robert