Donald Trump

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

I am not sure it is true but I heard yesterday that outside of security and volunteers, Trump has three people working for him.

Peter,

Just listen to yourself.

Dayaamm!

Slow down, man. You're going to give yourself a heart attack over fairy tales.

:) 

(And you have to last. Friends like you don't come a dime a dozen. :) )

Michael

Maybe this means something, maybe it doesn't.

I suspect it does a little.

Meet Wisconsin’s First Pro-Trump State Legislator
By Reid J. Epstein
Mar 30, 2016
Wall Street Journal

From the article:

Epstein said:

The first Wisconsin state lawmaker to publicly endorse Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in next Tuesday’s Wisconsin primary said Wednesday that he decided to back the New Yorker after the state’s Republican establishment lined up against him.

Republican state assemblyman James “Jimmy Boy” Edming said in an interview that attacks on Mr. Trump from the state’s leading elected Republicans and talk-radio hosts  drove him to support the businessman after previously backing Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

“Now that I’m seeing that the Republicans are trying to tackle Donald Trump, the more I see on the news, the more pissed off I get,” Mr. Edming said. “If the election was tomorrow, I would vote for Donald Trump.”

. . .

In his district, which covers parts of four counties in the northwest corner of the state four-and-a-half hours from Milwaukee, Mr. Edming predicted Mr. Trump would prevail by a large margin.

“I think here he’s going to win this hands down,” he said. “If it goes the way it’s going right now, boy, up here in the north woods, it’s heavy for Trump.”

. . .

Mr. Edming said his position is common in his part of the state.

“I’ve talked to a kazillion people here in the last two to three weeks,” he said. “The more and more that they attack Trump, the more people are going to vote for him.”

Feelin' the luv...

Michael

43 minutes ago, Peter said:

I read the news today oh boy about a lucky man who thought he had made the grade. And though the news was rather sad, I had to look, and then I just had to shakily laugh because I had foreseen the future. November 2016: Trump lost by a landslide and the democrats have a majority in the House and Senate. Oh boy.

Meh.  Weak Beatles parody.  I saw a good Metallica parody yesterday:

"Hush little babies don't say a word, your hero Bernie is also absurd. And if you'd like to overreact, think about Hillary's vote on Iraq."

https://reason.com/blog/2016/04/01/reason-weekly-contest-readers-respond-to

(After I wrote that a pundit said yesterday that Trump had three people working for him outside of volunteers and security) Michael opined: Slow down, man. You're going to give yourself a heart attack over fairy tales. end quote

Oh, come on Michael. You know I was NOT talking about Trump enterprises, just the Trump campaign.  

Weak Beatles parody, NinthDoctor? Perhaps. My really, really advanced technique was to locate quote, cut and paste, and try to work in current events in 3 minutes or less. The other day I was going to do a Caine Mutiny mashup but the actual dialogue was so good I left it as is.

But how about my prediction? Using the data available and the leading candidate’s unpopularity, are we not risking Hillary becoming President if we vote for Trump in the primaries or in any way support him up and until he is the only liberal republican (except for about 6 issues) available? At 1pm, Saturday, it was just announced Trump is still 10 points behind Cruz in Wisconsin with 3 days to go. I wish a political statistician would do continuing risk analyses of the Trump candidacy. Look both ways, Snoop Cat, before crossing the road. Larry Sabato, University of Virginia political scientist, as an example, would be a good choice to be in charge with Data as his number’s cruncher.

Peter   

Notes. 
Lt. Jenna D'Sora: [reminiscing about the past] Those times were really special... I wish we were back there now, you and I.
Lt. Cmdr. Data: The unidirectional nature of the time continuum makes that an unlikely possibility.
Lt. Jenna D'Sora: [nonplussed, then laughs] That's what I love about you, Data. You make me laugh.

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

Larry Sabato, University of Virginia political scientist, as an example, would be a good choice to be in charge with Data as his number’s cruncher.

Peter,

Like he was all during last year?

How did all those data-driven Trump is tanking predictions work out for him?

btw - I did realize you were talking about Trump's campaign. If you believe he only has 3 people on his campaign payroll other than security, I have a big fat bridge for a great price for ya'. And if you don't like bridges, I can get you an entire lake for cheap. A big one, too. 

Michael

Here ya' go, Peter.

Look at a different perspective than some of the Neocon News you like to quote a lot.

Here's a Trump-baiting Yahoo reporter (Alexis Christoforous) trying to trip up Barry Bennett, a senior Trump campaign advisor.

Bennett almost seemed sleepy with all the baiting. Then when he spoke too quickly and said winning Wisconsin was never in their vote calculations for getting to the magic number of delegates, he realized this could be taken to mean they didn't think Wisconsin was worth winning. Sure enough, the headline to the Yahoo News article is this: Trump senior adviser: ‘We’ve always assumed that we would lose Wisconsin’.

So he came to life quickly and said they want to win Wisconsin, of course. But it's not for them like it is for Ted Cruz. For Cruz, it's do-or-die. If he doesn't sweep Wisconsin with all 42 delegates, it becomes a mathematical impossibility for him to reach the magic number.

And her stunned silence was pretty funny. You could almost hear her thinking, This wasn't in my briefing of media talking points. Why didn't I ever realize this?

But she recovered and went back on the snark attack and Bennett went back to his nap.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Mr. Edming said his position is common in his part of the state.

“I’ve talked to a kazillion people here in the last two to three weeks,” he said. “The more and more that they attack Trump, the more people are going to vote for him.”

At some point, his projected vote totals will exceed that of the number of even potential registered voters in America, so they will have to start counting the dead in Chicago cemeteries and illegal aliens! :cool:

REB

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bennett almost seemed sleepy with all the baiting. Then when he spoke too quickly and said winning Wisconsin was never in their vote calculations for getting to the magic number of delegates, he realized this could be taken to mean they didn't think Wisconsin was worth winning. ....

So he came to life quickly and said they want to win Wisconsin, of course. But it's not for them like it is for Ted Cruz. For Cruz, it's do-or-die. If he doesn't sweep Wisconsin with all 42 delegates, it becomes a mathematical impossibility for him to reach the magic number.

And her stunned silence was pretty funny. You could almost hear her thinking, This wasn't in my briefing of media talking points. Why didn't I ever realize this?

But she recovered and went back on the snark attack and Bennett went back to his nap.

Michael

Good find Michael.

In my analysis on one of the OL threads, I did not count Wisconsin in Trumps column also and he still gets to number needed to win the nomination.

I assumed it was winner take all which it isn't.

So I am happy I was right. 

Anything Trump picks up in Wisconsin is gravy.

A...

Edited by william.scherk
Video of Palin encounter with voters added. Notable walk-back on Heidi-retweet and apology. Apparently Trump was reading Robert Campbell in this thread.

Here's a super PAC chipping in to help Trump.

It's called the Great America PAC.

Notice the message at the end.

Instead of: "I'm Donald Trump and I approve of this message," there's a different one.

"Paid for by Great America PAC, which is responsible for the content of this message. Not authorized by any candidate or any candidate's committee. GreatAmericaPAC.com."

It looks like they're starting to put some serious money into ad buys.

Michael

49 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I just saw the Racine, Wisconsin Trump rally online.

He was introduced by Sarah Palin.

The crowd absolutely loved them both. See for yourself.

Michael

You didn't drive up to see it in person?!!!

J

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here ya' go, Peter.

Look at a different perspective than some of the Neocon News you like to quote a lot.

Here's a Trump-baiting Yahoo reporter (Alexis Christoforous) trying to trip up Barry Bennett, a senior Trump campaign advisor.

Bennett almost seemed sleepy with all the baiting. Then when he spoke too quickly and said winning Wisconsin was never in their vote calculations for getting to the magic number of delegates, he realized this could be taken to mean they didn't think Wisconsin was worth winning. Sure enough, the headline to the Yahoo News article is this: Trump senior adviser: ‘We’ve always assumed that we would lose Wisconsin’.

Michael

Not for the second ballot.

--Brant

17 hours ago, Peter said:

Shlonging, Shtumping or Shlumping in the backyard? His myriad mistakes laughed off till now are accumulating. His critics can now list two dozen or more horrible gaffs going back to ridiculing John McCain's POW status.

I don't know if that was a mistake. I've always seen McCain as a political dirt bag, a con man and a betrayer, and I suspect that he was already scheming and calculating all the way back to his military years (if not earlier). And I've heard or read about a lot of other people who have the same impression. I think that it's quite likely that his alleged heroism and concern for his fellow prisoners was primarily about crafting an image of himself in order to be rewarded with power.

J

45 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's a super PAC chipping in to help Trump.

It's called the Great America PAC.

[...]

Notice the message at the end.

Instead of: "I'm Donald Trump and I approve of this message," there's a different one.

"Paid for by Great America PAC, which is responsible for the content of this message. Not authorized by any candidate or any candidate's committee. GreatAmericaPAC.com."

It looks like they're starting to put some serious money into ad buys.

Michael

Did she put her hand on the stove as an analogy?

Interesting..  nice video

New York Congressman Peter King was on Fox and he is not a Trump fan because of the very wrong, and uninformed things Trump says. Trump is not ready for prime time or the Presidency. The emotional wing of the Republican Party supports Trump. In New York if 50 percent of the vote is not gotten then delegates are proportioned out. Kasich’s portion could be crucial, though in a CBS poll he and Cruz are polling in the low 20 percent’s and DT is at 52 percent as of now.  

Later, a Convention expert who is individually talking to the delegates says, that in the general convention100 Trump delegates are legally, ready, (did I say legally?), and willing to leave Trump after the first ballot. After the second ballot more delegates are free to vote their conscience. After the third ballots Florida’s are unbound and so it goes with each ballot as more and more delegates are unbound. That is the way it is required to proceed.

Scott Baio, who is a self described conservative independent is talking to Fox’s Maria Bartiromo and says Trump is the only one to have the vitality to fight for what he believes in. What is the point of doing an election if your lying, winning candidates do a 180? What a perspective. He says though he disagrees with virtually every aspect of Obama’s perspective, Obama has won his agenda! Therefor he will be considered a good President! He thinks the Republicans will screw the convention up and piss (his un-blipped word) everybody off.

I wonder if Trump will throw a tantrum after a third ballot? That is his speed. “You lying, sniveling, delegates with no balls. You better vote for me on the next one or I am going third party! Should you Trump supporters punch them? I can't tell you what to do."

A panel including Ed Rollins and Scott Brown are talking about Trump’s claim that in 8 years of The Donald he will erase the 19 to 23 trillion dollar debt. Not if he really cuts taxes the way he says. The prosperity and benefits will not accumulate the money needed, so smarter tax cuts would be needed to even make a dent, especially if Trump leaves entitlements alone and increases military spending. 47 percent of Republican women say they will never vote for Trump.

Peter

Here's a little pushback on the polls in Wisconsin and the glee which the press is spinning them.

As a Trump supporter, I hope Still is right. As a person who looks at media spin a lot, I find his remarks plausible.

But I'm still waiting for those other three women Still said that Cruz had an affair with to materialize. So my BS meter is running, too.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

Michael

Who fits the bill in some ways?

from Wikipedia: Gail Wynand is a wealthy newspaper mogul who rose from a destitute childhood in the ghettoes of New York City to control much of the city's print media. While Wynand shares many of the character qualities of Roark, his success is dependent upon his ability to pander to public opinion, a flaw which eventually leads to his downfall. In her journals Rand described Wynand as "the man who could have been" a heroic individualist, contrasting him to Roark, "the man who can be and is".[30] Some elements of Wynand's character were inspired by real-life newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst,[31] including Hearst's mixed success in attempts to gain political influence.[32] Wynand is a tragic figure who ultimately fails in his attempts to wield power, losing his newspaper, his wife, and his friendship with Roark.[33] The character has been interpreted as a representation of Nietzsche's "master morality",[34] and his tragic nature illustrates Rand's rejection of Nietzsche's philosophy.[35] In Rand's view, a person like Wynand, who seeks power over others, is just as much a "second-hander" as a conformist like Keating.[36]

For those who are interested in a different kind of polling (the article links to the Washington Examiner):

Byron York: What it takes to see Donald Trump

This was at the Central Wisconsin Convention & Expo Center just outside Wausau, Wisconsin. The hall has half-full when the video was taken. That's one long-ass line. :) 

Here's the video:

(NOTE: I removed the video because of the goddam ad autostart. But go to the link and see it. If I find a YouTube version, I will post it.)

Man, they're killing Trump in the polls.

Michael