For batter:

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons vinegar

1 tablespoon oil

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight

Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.

To make batter: Mix together milk, vinegar and oil. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.

Push stick into Twinkie lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most.

Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain. Remove stick and allow Twinkie to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

Serve with your favorite topping... powdered sugar, chocolate sauce or sprinkles, berry sauce, etc.

Makes 6.

Variation: Slice Twinkie into 4 pieces. Flour and batter each before frying. With this treatment, one Twinkie will serve two people if accompanied by a sauce.

Berry Sauce

1 10-ounce jar of seedless raspberry preserves

1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries

In a saucepan, heat preserves over low heat until melted. Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed berries. Heat until sauce just simmers. Cover; refrigerate until served.

Makes 1-1/2 cups

For more Twinkie recipes go to www.twinkie.com

And now for another healthy treat:

Deep-fried Snickers bar

1 egg

1 cup milk

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

Pinch of salt

Snickers bar

Chill or freeze the candy bars. Combine egg, milk and vegetable oil in a cup. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk. Cover and chill for a few minutes while the oil heats.

Remove batter from the refrigerator and adjust the consistency if necessary. Heat about 4 cups of oil or shortening to 375 degrees F. Dip the chilled candy bar in the batter and gently place into the oil. Cook only until the outside is golden. Remove and drain on brown paper. Allow to cool for a minute as the inside can easily burn your mouth.

Ciro,

Can you believe this? Do you approve of this?

Dayaamm!

Michael

Michael, what can I do? that's how felines are: UNPREDICTABLE, they will attack you when you least expect it.

Kat, your eyes have never fooled me, I always knew that you were not a kitten but a tiger instead.

Enjoy your twinkies now! you won't get any meat recepies from me for a least a week!!

Ciro

I'm sure that Mr. No Sugar Michael will enjoy another Twinkie recipe. The Snickers thing looks fun too and maybe it will work with Turtles. I wouldn't try crocodiles because they don't come in chocolate.

I thought it was pretty funny when I read in the paper about the fried Twinkie fad. It's amazing what you can do with these things and they are virtually indestructable. They actually have a Twinkie cookbook out there with tons of recipes.

twinkiesushi.jpg

Hostess Twinkies Sushi

Japanese animation, Hello Kitty, samurais, ninjas, and Sushi are really popular right now! Here"s a wild recipe that"s super easy to make and super fun to eat as a light and fruity snack! This recipe transforms the much loved Twinkie into a hip and tropical flavored treat.

Items Needed:

3 Hostess Twinkies

Assorted dried fruits

Assorted fruity candies

2 green fruit roll ups

Dried mangoes (looks like pickled ginger)

DIRECTIONS:

Slice Hostess Twinkies into pieces about an inch tall. Slice fruit roll ups in strips to the long enough and wide enough to wrap around the Hostess Twinkie pieces. Wrap the fruit roll ups around the Hostess Twinkie pieces. Place dried fruits and candies into the cream filling. Place Twinkie rolls on a plate or in a bento box. Garnish with strips of dried mango to resemble pickled ginger if you wish! Serve with chopsticks if you wish.

Holy shit!

I just realized you said chocodiles, not crocodiles. I googled and looked at wikipedia to find out what it was. Maybe this is a contradiction, maybe not, but it seems that Chocodiles are defined as either:

1) Chocoloate covered Twinkies or

2) shit

LOLOLOL

Kat

Mama always said, "Don't shit where you eat!"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I actually ordered deep fried twinkies at a restaurant (Hamburger Mary's) today and they were pretty yummy. They served up 3 twinkies with raspberry sauce and lots of whipped cream. I shared with 2 friends and they also gave them a thumbs up.

Kat

twinkles.jpg

Deep-Fried Twinkies

For Twinkies:

6 Twinkies

Popsicle sticks

4 cups vegetable oil

Flour for dusting

For batter:

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons vinegar

1 tablespoon oil

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight

Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.

To make batter: Mix together milk, vinegar and oil. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.

Push stick into Twinkie lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most.

Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain. Remove stick and allow Twinkie to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

Serve with your favorite topping... powdered sugar, chocolate sauce or sprinkles, berry sauce, etc.

Makes 6.

Variation: Slice Twinkie into 4 pieces. Flour and batter each before frying. With this treatment, one Twinkie will serve two people if accompanied by a sauce.

Berry Sauce

1 10-ounce jar of seedless raspberry preserves

1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries

In a saucepan, heat preserves over low heat until melted. Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed berries. Heat until sauce just simmers. Cover; refrigerate until served.

Makes 1-1/2 cups

For more Twinkie recipes go to www.twinkie.com

OMG. That's worth about 2 hours on the treadmill, on a 8% incline!