Gerardo Hernandez R.I.P.

caroljane

Yawn. Another psycho has shot somebody in a delusional frenzy. I think I heard a schoolteacher got killed this way recently too. Nothing unusual, no need for new commentary.

It seems particularly meanminded, even for a psycho killer, to return and finish off a victim, just for emphasis. Reports say that the person he hated most was Janet Napolitano, who was nearby in California... why could he have not assassinated her. if he really wanted to make a statement...assault rifles and handguns can both do the job, however. Make sure they are nearby when you need to make your statement, psychos.

There is no real use in posting this except, as somebody said, Attention must be paid. Each and every time.

For the record, there were no assault rifles used to kill this officer.

May his family find peace somehow.

A...

Sorry, the report «I read said it was such a rifle. You know that to me, a gun is a gun is a gun.

I share your prayer for the family. If he was such a man as reported, his children will have a legacy of integrity, hard work and honour.

Sorry, the report «I read said it was such a rifle. You know that to me, a gun is a gun is a gun.

I share your prayer for the family. If he was such a man as reported, his children will have a legacy of integrity, hard work and honour.

Yes Ms. Freud sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I could not make that same analysis for that screaming psycho Hillary.

Damn she's the worst since that Mary Todd gal and her husband didn't even smoke cigars!!!!

Again, for the record, all I have seen reported is a semi-automatic rifle, usually once, and then, somewhere in the rest of the messaging it is always assault rifle/weapon.

I actually need to do a content analysis on some of these "reports."

A...

You need to do a content analysis on your own post.

It had nothing to do with my previous one. Hillary had nothing to do with the shooting of Hernandez, for one thing. For another thing, get a grip.

It was humor dear.

And would that be a pistol grip?

Why did I not laugh then? I usually recognise your humour and it always make me laugh.

I am just thinking about who gets killed by guns in the US : Mostly criminals and gangs who kill each other; neighbours and acquaintances who have grievances they resolve the American way; children whose parents keep guns in the home, those pesky kids get into everything; and the crazies, who get hold of guns easily to kill the Gerardo Hernandezes, or anyone else they feel like killing.

Why did I not laugh then? I usually recognise your humour and it always make me laugh.

I am just thinking about who gets killed by guns in the US : Mostly criminals and gangs who kill each other; neighbours and acquaintances who have grievances they resolve the American way; children whose parents keep guns in the home, those pesky kids get into everything; and the crazies, who get hold of guns easily to kill the Gerardo Hernandezes, or anyone else they feel like killing.

"[G]rievances they resolve the American way."

You just can't help yourself on this topic, can you?

"In 2010, it was estimated that about 299,838 individuals were injured in motor vehicle crashes. MADD Canada estimates that approximately 63,821 of these individuals were injured in impairment-related crashes (roughly 175 per day). Note that this figure is limited to motor vehicle crashes only."

I guess driving while under the influence is the Canadian Way, eh?

You are right, I cannot help myself on this topic sometimes.

Maybe the American drunk driving statistics are way better than ours. Because Americans stay home polishing their guns instead of driving around drunk. Or we give our kids a shot of vodka and the car keys, and hope they do not run over anybody.

Gerardo Hernandez did not die in a car crash. Driving, like carrying guns, is not an obligatory activity.

You are right, I cannot help myself on this topic sometimes.

Maybe the American drunk driving statistics are way better than ours. Because Americans stay home polishing their guns instead of driving around drunk. Or we give our kids a shot of vodka and the car keys, and hope they do not run over anybody.

Gerardo Hernandez did not die in a car crash. Driving, like carrying guns, is not an obligatory activity.

The 63,000+ people above each had/have names too. And they didn't die or get maimed from gun polishing. They were harmed by the persistent Canadian drunk driving prolem.

Why not write a RIP for one of them on this site so we can collectively lament the odd habit Canadians have when it comes to drinking and driving? I am sure MSK, Adam, Brant, KacyRay and RB and others can come up with some great ideas for how Canada can reorder its society to deal with this issue we Americans find so troubling. In fact, I can think of several solutions already: maybe Canadians should exercise more self-discipline and not drink and drive quite so much. Or: maybe they should put down their beer and pick up a book.

Seriously, Daunce, why not write an RIP for one of your fellow citizens?

Your quote mentions injuries, not deaths, and there are no statistics that I can find, of Canadian citizens being deliberately murdered by automobiles.

I have written a few RIPs for my fellow citizens, publicly and in my own heart. Every killed person has a name, as you say.

I only said the name of Hernandez here, because none of his fellow Americans did.

If you think cars are the same as guns, then you think so. I don't.

And if the 23 year old psycho, oops, misunderstood young man struggling for identity, was wearing a suicide vest and killed ten (10) people, including four (4) TSA workers should I think that explosives on belts are the same, or, not the same as "guns?"

And, if so, it would make a difference how?

Daunce there is a knew $17, 000 to $21, 000 rifle that is computer operated that guarantees the bullet hiting a target the size of a dinner plate with 100% accuracy at 3,000 feet which is ten football fields, or, in Canadian terms fifteen (15) hockey rinks laid end to end: brr lot of ice

Rule 1 - Rink

1.1 Rink - National Hockey League games shall be played on an ice surface known as the “Rink” and must adhere to the dimensions and specifications prescribed by the League and these rules. No ice markings shall be permitted except those provided for under these rules unless express written permission has been obtained from the League. On-ice logos must not interfere with any official ice markings provided for the proper playing of the game. In the interval between periods, the ice surface shall be flooded unless mutually agreed to the contrary.

1.2 Dimensions - The official size of the rink shall be two hundred feet (200') long and eighty-five feet (85') wide. The corners shall be rounded in the arc of a circle with a radius of twenty-eight feet (28'). See diagram below.

rink_diagram_sm.gif

I do not understand your point here. \of course if a properly armed person wanted to shoot up a hockey rink he could do so. Of course I am glad that nobody has wanted to do it so far.....???\

The hockey rink was just for distance perspective - the weaponry that is being produced now makes an "assault" rifle/weapon look like a toy.

Daunce, the point is it is people with evil intent, or, "justification" in their "mind" that initiate force and kill their fellow man.

The methodology doesn't really matter.

A...

I often think how many are not killed by guns, you know, law abiding people, simply because they owned a firearm & used it. If my life or loved ones lives are threathened I would like to have a tool that's efficient-a firearm works for me. It sure beats a frying pan, even a hot one.

I too often think about people who are not killed by guns. Specifically, a former student whose husband threatened to kill her, tried to do so by strangulation. He also tried to obtain a gun, as was attested in court, but silly government regulations prevented him, so he tried with a knife but she survived.

She is not hypothetical but real, and she was not protected by anything except luck and perhaps, the law.

Yes, of course. It is much more efficient to kill someone than just to burn or hit them on the head.

When protecting my life & loved ones, yes, efficiency becomes a factor.

Yes, of course. It is much more efficient to kill someone than just to burn or hit them on the head.

Joe:

This is the first Armed Citizen column, 1958. I can remember reading this, I was 12.

I have used these columns in debates on the Second Amendment ever since. It will give you the testikmonials to back up the statistical data that an armed citizenry is a requirement for our Consitutionally Limited Representative Republic.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article.php?id=13988&cat=3&sub=0

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Armed-Citizen <<<< the column to the right is the October 29, 2013 Armed Citizen column.

Enjoy.

A...

I would suggest a semi-automatic shotgun - like this as the optimal model:

A Versa Max Tactical finally appeared in 2011, premiering with a 7+1 capacity that’s been increased to 8+1, and it’s hard find a 3-gun match without a few of them in the hands of competitors.

Of course if you live in a dangerous place you must be vigilant. How often do muggers and burglars try to rob you or enter your home?

Just one intrusion during one's life will ruin your whole day.

Joe:

This is the first Armed Citizen column, 1958. I can remember reading this, I was 12.

I have used these columns in debates on the Second Amendment ever since. It will give you the testikmonials to back up the statistical data that an armed citizenry is a requirement for our Consitutionally Limited Representative Republic.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Armed-Citizen <<<< the column to the right is the October 29, 2013 Armed Citizen column.

Enjoy.

A...

I would suggest a semi-automatic shotgun - like this as the optimal model:

A Versa Max Tactical finally appeared in 2011, premiering with a 7+1 capacity that’s been increased to 8+1, and it’s hard find a 3-gun match without a few of them in the hands of competitors.

Thanks for the links Adam.

Yes. A 12 gauge semi-auto is included on my top shelf for defensive weapons.

Also, within the confines of a home I like a semi-auto pistol- a .40 cal, .45ACP, .44 mag or .44 Special if only because a rifle is unwieldy in confined areas (hallways, small rooms, stairwells). Money permitting, I would recommend both.

Of course if you live in a dangerous place you must be vigilant. How often do muggers and burglars try to rob you or enter your home?

Well that is true, and I would be armed to the teeth, if I lived in the back seat of Ted Kennedy's car!

However, if I was a woman and lived in Pennsylvania:

A Pennsylvania woman was saved by her current boyfriend, when an ex-boyfriend threatened her life. She had told her ex, who had a criminal record, to stay away. When he broke into her home in the early morning and pistol whipped her in the face, the woman's current boyfriend used his own firearm to shoot the ex in the chest, fatally wounding him. (Gunssavelives.net, 10/22/13)

Damn this site has some nice interactivity:

http://gunssavelives.net/browse-stories/

http://gunssavelives.net/incident-map/