What Recovery?

Selene

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you gonna hang though? In the afterlife as well this one? I am starting to see you as a heretical Calvinist.

What afterlife?

Do you believe in the concept of original sin and Baptism?

Could you define what original sin and baptism mean to you personally? It will greatly help me in offering an answer which will be a more accurate match to your question.

As fun as it is us playing What's My Line, you can take off the blindfold and I'll just go ahead and turn over all the cards and disclose that I do not belong to any religious organization nor do I speak on behalf of any particular Christian sect. I'm speaking solely for myself, and only from the viewpoint of my own real world personal experience, and not even from anything I've read or studied.

Could you define what original sin and baptism mean to you personally? It will greatly help me in offering an answer which will be a more accurate match to your question.

As fun as it is us playing What's My Line, you can take off the blindfold and I'll just go ahead and turn over all the cards and disclose that I do not belong to any religious organization nor do I speak on behalf of any particular Christian sect. I'm speaking solely for myself, and only from the viewpoint of my own real world personal experience, and not even from anything I've read or studied.

Thought so.

I knew my John Daly moderator voice would get some results.

Being born nominally Catholic, and having my father, one of the finest men I have known, excommunicated by the Catholic Church in the 1930's for being a Mason, did not keep me Catholic for long.

I do not believe in Original sin, Babtism is an interesting ceremony/sacrament that is based on cleansing that Original sin. Never worked logically for me.

A...

Thought so.

I knew my John Daly moderator voice would get some results.

Being born nominally Catholic, and having my father, one of the finest men I have known, excommunicated by the Catholic Church in the 1930's for being a Mason, did not keep me Catholic for long.

I do not believe in Original sin, Babtism is an interesting ceremony/sacrament that is based on cleansing that Original sin. Never worked logically for me.

A...

Religion serves a higher purpose than itself, for it is a vessel for transporting moral values from generation to generation. So, in my view, religious doctrines aren't as important as the moral values we each express in our day to day behavior. For it is only our actual behavior which makes this world what it is, and not our beliefs or intentions.

Religion serves a higher purpose than itself, for it is a vessel for transporting moral values from generation to generation. So, in my view, religious doctrines aren't as important as the moral values we each express in our day to day behavior. For it is only our actual behavior which makes this world what it is, and not our beliefs or intentions.

Greg:
Agreed. Additionally, the time tested memes of the Ten Commandments form a solid foundation of moral common law that has stoood the test of time.
A...

Greg:
Agreed. Additionally, the time tested memes of the Ten Commandments form a solid foundation of moral common law that has stoood the test of time.
A...

Without the Bible, there would have been no America.

This was the originally proposed design for the Great Seal of the United States. It depicts the Israelites' journey to freedom from the slavery of Egypt crossing the Red Sea while the Egyptians are being destroyed. That thing floating in the center of the seal is the pillar of fire which was a physical manifestation of God's presence. Highly appropriate considering what happened. :wink:

seal-large1_zpsb4ac4348.jpg

Also note the highly inflammatory yet spiritual inscription what was going to be the Motto of the United States:

"REBELLION TO TYRANTS IS OBEDIENCE TO GOD"

The Liberty Bell also has a scripture from Isaiah cast into it.

"Proclaim LIBERTY throughout all the Land unto all the inhabitants thereof" (Leviticus 25:10).

bell.jpg

page02_message01_hiRez.jpg

Ben saw the value of religion as a vessel to carry morality.

700_ben_franklin_quote.jpg

...and so did George.

700_religion_morality.jpg