A Fond Farewell

PDS

All:

I am afraid duty calls, which means you won't have me to kick around in the near to mid future.

No, not the bad kind of duty traceable to Kant, but the kind that requires a couple of months of trial work. Because trial work requires nothing less than a one-track mind, a benevolent "soft flounce" seems in order. ;)

This is a fabulous community MSK and Kat have created, and they are to be congratulated for attracting some of the Big Minds of the O-ist world, and a wide array of very smart people who regularly contribute around here. Upon my triumphant return, I expect membership will have doubled because of the raging success of Atlas Shrugged, Part 1, that disagreements will be twice as spirited, and thrice as benign. Indeed, if Shayne and Ghs are still discussing the meaning of government, I promise to moderate their discussions for free.

Until then, best wishes, good premises and let's hope those mysterious little Mayans were wrong about 2012. :lol:

PDS:

Good luck. I understand the singleness of concentration and purpose that trial prep requires.

I have enjoyed your contributions and insights.

Adam

All:

I am afraid duty calls, which means you won't have me to kick around in the near to mid future.

No, not the bad kind of duty traceable to Kant, but the kind that requires a couple of months of trial work. Because trial work requires nothing less than a one-track mind, a benevolent "soft flounce" seems in order. ;)

This is a fabulous community MSK and Kat have created, and they are to be congratulated for attracting some of the Big Minds of the O-ist world, and a wide array of very smart people who regularly contribute around here. Upon my triumphant return, I expect membership will have doubled because of the raging success of Atlas Shrugged, Part 1, that disagreements will be twice as spirited, and thrice as benign. Indeed, if Shayne and Ghs are still discussing the meaning of government, I promise to moderate their discussions for free.

Until then, best wishes, good premises and let's hope those mysterious little Mayans were wrong about 2012. :lol:

Sounds like a categorical imperative to me! But I am sure that you will be successful in your endeavors! We look forward to your return! :D

Oh. re the Mayans. The accuracy of their predictive abilities :rolleyes: can most likely be safely judged by their failure to predict the near total destruction of their own civilization (twice) :blush: .

Indeed, if Shayne and Ghs are still discussing the meaning of government, I promise to moderate their discussions for free.

Thanks, but there will be no need for your help. I conceded Shayne's point some time ago: "government" means whatever he would like it to mean at any given point in time.

I hope the trial you spoke of is not your own. I also hope that your resolution to stay away from OL for a while works out better than my resolution. :rolleyes:

Ghs

You know it’s quite enough, perfectly welcome in my book, to just pop in and contribute a one liner every now and then, as it fits into your schedule. I can only think of one OLer who has a problem with that. I haven’t been able to contribute much lately, either.