ThatGuy wrote: Perhaps she'd be looking towards someone like her hero Enroljas from Les Miserables to spearhead a second American Revolution...

At least: No one is singing, “Don’t cry for me Argentina . . .” and hurrahing leftist politics. Not even the disaster of the coronavirus has changed the mind of half of Americans.

At most: Trump has it all.  Former President Donald Trump is the leader of the Republican Party. That is not going away and that movement will last even if he ages and becomes America’s Winston Churchill. WE will be here for a generation or more. The Rino’s will have one tenth the money and enthusiasm of Trump. And not only that, Trump supporters are learning to truly despise the left / middle Republicans.

As we daily watch Biden chip away at our freedom and safety, America’s Trump majority will get that final one or two percent of the vote back. We really need to become vigilant, now and in 2022. ”Don’t tread on me!”  Peter  

If Trump didn't have that 'final one or two percent of the vote' , what could he do differently to get "it" ?

I think he did have that one or two, more likely higher , percent , the vote counters took it and literally threw it away.

The election was literally stolen, what makes that so hard to believe? Next time we just vote 'harder' ?

I don't know, but it doesn't feel like voting is going to be the fix , yeah ?

• Thanks 1

Notwithstanding the actual mechanics of voting pandemically, coupled with court and legislative shenanigans, vetting potential future office holders needs more scrutiny geared to weeding out any past office holders  an age old problem , but without a concerted effort in that direction , the rot and ooze will fill in all the cracks .

T,

The media is not covering it, but there is a huge nationwide effort at the local levels to get voting integrity fixed before the next election. There is resistance from the bad guys, but I don't think they will ever be able to pull off a coup like they did this last time. The sun came out on them only after it was too late.

Now the sunlight it on them and there are spotlights at night. And local people are pissed.

If people set fire to the bad guys by exposing and fixing voter fraud county by county, city by city, etc., with President Trump pouring on the gasoline on the fire the closer we get to the 2022 elections by campaigning and funding campaigns through his SuperPAC, I predict there will be a huge wave of Republican (Trump Republican) wins in both the House and Senate.

If both those houses become majority Trump Republican, or even close with some establishment still holding on, there will be a festival of impeachments that will make history. And the bad guys will be stuck because they kicked it all off doing bogus impeachments on Trump.

This has to be Trump's intention right now.

Hell, it feels good just to think about it.

:) 

Michael

1 hour ago, tmj said:

Notwithstanding the actual mechanics of voting pandemically, coupled with court and legislative shenanigans, vetting potential future office holders needs more scrutiny geared to weeding out any past office holders  an age old problem , but without a concerted effort in that direction , the rot and ooze will fill in all the cracks .

As Frank Chodorov put it:

"Why should any self-respecting citizen endorse an institution grounded on thievery? For that is what one does when one votes. If it be argued that we must let bygones be bygones, see what can be done toward cleaning up the institution of the State so that it might be useful in the maintenance of orderly existence, the answer is that it cannot be done; you cannot clean up a brothel and yet leave the business intact. We have been voting for one 'good government' after another, and what have we got?"

24 minutes ago, tmj said:

It's true what they say,you are a hell of an optimist. Goodonya

T,

Stop looking at mainstream fake news. And stop following the political things big tech promotes. Look elsewhere for your information.

You will become an optimist, too.

When you poke your head out of the propaganda and listen to the little kid who has been drowned out by the noise, it's easy to see it.

The emperor has no clothes on.

He's on the throne and making sundry messes, but look around.

Except in the media, do you personally know anybody who supports cheating as a political philosophy (unless they're on the take)?

Except in the media, do you personally know you know anybody who wants floods of illegal aliens coming in, many of whom are sick with COVID-19?

Except in the media, do you personally know you know anybody who likes muscle-bound men competing in girl sports and beating them all the time?

Except in the media, do you personally know you know anybody who hates Dr. Seuss?

Should I go on?

Hell, it's only been two months and the Biden people have only started shitting all over themselves.

And here's what else I see.

The $1.9 trillion bill that will be signed shortly will spread money like wildfire to the election cheaters and their cronies and supporters. They will spread this money all over the US.

What happens when lefties score big like that? Do they get more careful and organized? Hell no. They go on a spending spree and live in one sex-drug-alcohol fueled party after another.

Meanwhile, there are 100 million plus people all over America who are really pissed at them for stealing an election. They are pissed at themselves, too, for letting the cancer grow and watching the result happen right under their very noses.

Trump people are doers, not just talkers. There's a problem and they are working on fixing it.

Do you think a $1,400 check will prompt them to sell out?

Heh...

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Do you think a $1,400 check will prompt them to sell out?

A money guy on Fox said today that 50 percent of young people aged 20 to 30 are going to put half their stimulus into stocks. Even with Biden chipping away at the coming prosperity, people are optimistic and KNOW "America after Covid" will become a boom town. The Gold Rush is nearly upon us. Peter  

We have to defund the Deep State to beat it. And that starts in-house.

“No More Money for RINOS!” – President Trump Responds to RNC – Tells His Donors to Donate Directly to Save America PAC at DonaldJTrump.com

image.png

The odd part is that this is not odd at all. This is obvious as a first step. But it has taken up to now to make that step.

Maybe a stolen election comes with a silver lining...

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:09 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... I don't even mind that Gurri is not a Trump fan. The authoritarian ruling class is the problem and the philosophy of nihilism is the weapon they use to drive the indoctrinated masses to action--that is, destroy all social structures and don't worry about what to build in its place. But this is a horrible strategy beyond the short term. As the young people say for their pet causes, this is not sustainable

Just by exposing that so clearly, Gurri has done a great service.

We The People can take care of the rest.

Now after a happy pause, back to work.

The first item is to frame Gurri correctly. I got his book, The Revolt of the Public and the Crisis of Authority in the New Millennium, and read it. All of it.

The last chapter is about Trump, Brexit, etc. The book was written in 2014 and this final update (new chapter) was written in 2018. So Gurri only talked about Trump from the perspective of less than the first two years of his term of office.

I wrote the following to a friend and it sums up my thinking on it. (I changed a few things for clarity.)

I finished the book. The Trump chapter is really good except for one problem: Gurri totally misidentifies Trump. When he talked about Trump, it felt to me like he was identifying a lion as one of those animal thingies like a mouse or zebra or dog. After all, they are all interchangeable because they all have 4 legs. 

I don't mind the criticism of Trump, but you have to evaluate what you correctly identify. 

A lion has a whole lot of differences from the other animals. It does have 4 legs and that is correctly identified. But focusing only on the 4 legs is misidentification by omission. It's like saying your essence, what makes you you, is that you have a neck.

Yeah, Trump tweets. And he disrupted the way society was working. And he exaggerated (which his enemies called lying). But he did a hell of a lot more than that. And his followers went with him because of that "hell of a lot more," not just because he insulted the people in a certain type of elite class. He was not solely a manifestation of disgust by an ignored majority with the ruling class. He was that, but not only that. So Gurri gets that wrong.

However, this chapter is full of great insights and it will take some effort to tease out the great ideas. But I'm going to do it. I want to get closer to what Gurri sees. He's really onto something.

I will admit to one thing in terms of my own fire. It abated a bit, not because I am accepting the stolen election. It's because before I saw the people who engineered that as evil in the way monsters are evil. Now I look at them and think they are lucky and only evil in the way mold is evil.

My adrenalin boils against a monster. Not so much mold.

But a job needs to be done, the bad guys need to go while Trump needs to be President, and I, for one, am signed up to help get this done.

Michael

On 3/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, ThatGuy said:

Now, what would Rand of 1932 have to say to Rand of 1979? And what would they have to say about 2021? Rand's last words on the matter, in "Don't Let it Go", was that as long as we had free speech, there was still time, but that we were headed for civil war, even then. Now that even free speech has been near-destroyed, she might have reversed her previous position about "not being the kind of person to go out on the barricades; "it's much too soon for that..." Perhaps she'd be looking towards someone like her hero Enroljas from Les Miserables to spearhead a second American Revolution. (That's just speculation, of course. But not an unwarranted one, I think. But even if I'm wrong, I'll continue to speculate until it is illegal to do so...and even then..

Here's an real-time example of just how far we've come since Rand's concluding comments in the early 80's, of just how far freedom of speech is at risk, both here and around the world, and just how close we are to the need for "storming the barricades" (literally, I mean, there are LITERALLY barricades at the Capital building...). "It can't happen here..." well, it IS. And if America goes...

On 3/8/2021 at 8:19 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And here's what else I see.

The $1.9 trillion bill that will be signed shortly will spread money like wildfire to the election cheaters and their cronies and supporters. They will spread this money all over the US.

What happens when lefties score big like that? Do they get more careful and organized? Hell no. They go on a spending spree and live in one sex-drug-alcohol fueled party after another.

I want to add to this thought.

The people who are fighting to right the injustice of a stolen election are going to go through a "calm before the storm" phase and it's going to be extremely irritating.

The issue is money.

After I got into Rand, it took me a long time to realize just how much money changes the enthusiasm frame for morality, even in O-Land and l-land.

Rand attacked (and attacked hard) the attackers of greed so the good guys, the producers, could have a moral base to enjoy their wealth. That was a great thing to do, but there's a trap. Her framing is not the whole picture.

in addition to Rand's arguments, there actually is a greed monster out there that makes people go "squish" morality-wise. I saw it in the hearts of people where I expected something different. That surprised me.

Squish

For example, a while back, I recall a freedom festival (sorry, I can't remember which), that had a lot of people I admire speaking. But it also had a famous money person who gave a lecture on investing. This was publicized--in the freedom festival's material--in a way that had nothing to do with freedom. I wish I could remember the names to make this more concrete, but I didn't plan to attend the festival, so I was only marginally interested.

With my weak memory for names (my lifelong burden), no names stuck. Regardless, that is not important to my point. I can look it up later if needed.

I remember reading that the attendance at the investment person's lecture was huge compared to the other lectures--something like 10 times more people. That might be exaggerated due to time and distance and memory, still, the difference in attendance was blatant and, to repeat, huge.

If everybody was so into freedom, how come they all went to a freedom festival only to make the money man the rock star?

Hmmmm?

That's just one example of the power of money to make mush out of ideology.

I can list countless other examples. At least reality always returns as the money runs out and people suddenly rediscover their ideological integrity. :) 

So, in light of the upcoming orgy of money from the stimulus package, I predict this will happen to the public zeal and impact of the pro-Trump "fix the election" and "throw the bums out" message. Even MAGA. For a time, the heat will be only with the fringe and there will be a perceivable toning down in the mainstream as the middle goes squishy.

But that won't last. It will be irritating to people who think like I do because it will seem nobody cares anymore. But, to repeat, it will not last.

What to do

So what to do in the meantime? I say keep your morale up. As the world goes off to party, some real work is getting done at the roots. Local 2020 election audits are coming--real audits, not those idiotic efforts made for show--and so are local election overhauls. These will, by their nature, have real-world consequences. That is just one example. There is plenty going on. 

On the morale front, we have to keep the fire smoldering under brush like in the prairie. When a gust of wind comes along, it will flame up and consume everything in its path. The 2022 midterms is such a gust.

Meanwhile, during this money orgy, if you can get a piece of the action, I suggest you do so.

Come on, Michael!

Really?

Yes, really. And don't feel guilty about it, either. Just be careful and don't sell out your soul.

This is not moral equivalence or going squishy. It's like Rand talking about getting aid from the government for, say, education. (I don't remember the context and details, but I can dig it up later if anyone is interested). She said the structure is so big and controlling, you have no practical free market choices. Just take the knowledge (and resources) and use it to help destroy the big government that provided it.

That's how you wed context to ideology.

I say ditto for a stimulus package the size of $1.9 trillion. That's like a friggin' tidal wave. There is nothing practical to do against it as an individual that, ultimately, doesn't smell of self-sacrifice.

If you want to make a moral stand against this tidal wave, OK. But do so where it is effective, not where it will damage you. And the only thing that will be effective will be to do so in ideas. The effect will be later, not immediate, but at least that's something real. So do ideas.

btw - I don't know how to take the money, but this is big government with big money. That means there are many paths open. They bore the hell out of me, so I don't expect to become an expert. But I say learn them and use them. For those interested, a good place to start is probably the crazy free money guy Lesko of infomercial fame (see here).

Money-wise, don't let the looters get armed while you sit and talk about the need to not participate due to an upcoming collapse of the economy or whatever. The looters already looted and are now going to spread the loot around--to everybody--in a drunken euphoria. Take what you can and get armed yourself. The fight is here and it's real--reality kind of real. This is not a syllogism.

Shrugging in this context does nothing except remove you from the battlefield. It's easier, that's for sure. But I won't speak against it since each person's context is different. God knows, I have shrugged my share. Just keep in mind that ignoring a tidal wave will not make it go away.

A person in Brazil once told me, when situations like this arise, take the money if you can and do something beautiful and important with it before the bad guys take that same money and use it to keep fucking up the world.

To say it differently, as the world goes morally squishy for a while (which you cannot control), take the party-money of the bad guys and use it (which you can control) for laying the foundation of their destruction.

Hell, here's an idea. Get a chunk of this "free money" and donate it Trump's SuperPAC.

That's just one way, but it's practical. Once back in power, we can fix the looting and much of the madness.

Michael

• Upvote 1

That certainly describes a lot of GOP "lawmakers" right now, I cannot but consider the likes of Graham to be anything but a craven turncoat.  Wasn't it a Republican  who said, "I,d rather be right than President?"  (You see I ' ve found the ""s)

politics makes strange bedfellows I know but is just hating the same people enough for more than a one night stand? and do you feel great about yourself the morning after?

caveat The Dems are worse, deep state is everywhere and I know I am writing on a proud weapon of magaworld, so I am grateful for your forbearance.

Lying down with .the dogs of lithe culture wars, you can .get up with some pretty big fleas.

For those who have missed Sidney, here is her most recent interview.

Sidney Powell: "This The Greatest Constitutional Crisis...Save The Civil War"

image.png

The gist is she is not stopping.

Nor is Lin Wood.

Nor is Gen. Flynn.

Sidney will continue filing cases until she gets her first judge to look at the evidence.

Up to now, not a single judge has seen the evidence within a court filing.

She considers that an abomination of the current legal system. So do I.

She made it clear that there will be no military intervention and that she will not be prosecuting anyone in a military court.

She and her people are going to do this the hard way. Going by her history, she has won many cases against the corrupt machine.

The good news is her base of support is firm and growing despite a massive attack against her by the ruling class perverts and swindlers, which means most of them.

Michael

29 minutes ago, caroljane said:

The Dems are worse, deep state is everywhere...

Carol,

I hope this is sincere. And if it is, welcome to the same reality I live in.

I don't remember you ever writing about the Deep State before, but for years, you have openly belonged to the group of people who said the Deep State did not exist. Years. Over and over and over.

This group constantly mocked those who bore witness to their eyes.

And, yes, the Deep State involves Republicans, too. It always did. In fact, it was probably a CIA Republican, Allen Dulles, who got the ball rolling.

You said the Dems are worse. They are worse right now. Tomorrow, who knows?

The real divide is not Democrats against Republicans. It is between a corrupt vile oligarchy and the rest of us.

Michael

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Michael, I cannot honesty say that My concept of the Deep State is yours. I cannot see a clever ruthless conspiracy when m

Carol,

Your post chopped off, but you don't need to go further.

You already know what I think, right?

If you have read my words, you will understand that I do not consider the Deep State "a clever ruthless conspiracy."

What is it? Go back and read. I've only been talking about it for years. And my thinking has been consistent.

So I'm glad I said "if true." In light of your post, your qualification sounds to me like an indirect way to say the Deep State does not exist.

Like I said, no need to go further.

Michael

12 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Michael, I cannot in honesty say that my. concept of the Deep State is yours. I cannot see a clever ruthless conspiracy when my eyes and mind shout me the same old  jumble of power seekers, idealists, geniuses and idiots that have tried to move the world forward since it  began. iKnow the lure of naming and targeting the nameless enemies of our soul,s peace, but just as I cannot believe in a heaven I cannot believe in a practical political remedy for the immortal longings of our minds and hearts.Maybe only Americans have the ability and will to so believe.

screen froze , still hate this...

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

Did go further - apologies.  iHave not ,read you on this subject because .for Years I only browsed sporadically after I realized .there was no place for me here , but I guess hope springs eternal.

Carol,

I don't want to dismiss your effort right now without at least trying to meet you in terms I hope you can understand. I can't guarantee you will, but I can make a try.

An analogy

Analogies are a great way to give a general idea of the unfamiliar or not understood. So here is the best analogy I can find for my objection to your characterization of what I have been writing against for several years now.

Would you call the Deep South in the USA during the slave years "a clever ruthless conspiracy?"

Would you say that slavery was not really the issue, the issue was that you don't mean what I do when talking about the Deep South? I mean, who would be stupid enough to think the entire Deep South was a secret conspiracy, right?

Well, of course that's not the case. Calling that a conspiracy is a cartoon, not a serious attempt to understand anything. The Deep South was a way of life. Morally, one of its roots was an abomination, slavery.

Who made up the Deep South? There were the slave owners, the slaves, the people who grew up in that structure and didn't mind, the people who hated it (and others, but let's keep the analogy simple). Removing the people who hated slavery (and not all of them at that), almost all of the others believed white humans were superior to black humans simply because that is the way it is. And that fact gave the white slave owners the moral right to rule the black slaves.

Elitism is like that. It's a way of life with its own form of bigotry. But it's a master-slave mindset at root. A moral abomination.

Digging deeper into the analogy

To continue the analogy with the Deep South, many slave owners had their own groups to make sure their power was not disrupted. Until the Civil War, there was no single organization across the whole south. It was a bunch of smaller organizations, some with large reach and some local.

The elitists have such organizations within modern society. Among the ruling class, many of these organizations exist that involve people in government jobs, spy and law enforcement agencies (like the CIA and FBI in the US), the military-industrial complex that keeps the endless war for profit policies running, and so on. The agglomeration of these organizations is what I call the Deep State.

The essential component is that they consider themselves above the rest of humanity in the manner former white slave masters used to consider themselves above blacks because it was obvious whites were fully human and blacks were not. Right?

Translate this to the context of the Deep State and it is easy to see that although the Deep State runs on money and power wielded from the shadows, psychologically, it is rooted in bigotry of the worst kind.

To wit, based on the way elitists act, elitist oligarchies are "oh so obviously" made up of superior humans whose very existence gives them the moral foundation to rule over the rest of the inferior people (most of mankind) and use them as human livestock.

This cruddy moral sanction from innate superiority principle applies to the different secret polices and shadow governments of the elitist oligarchies. It applies to other organizations and anyone else in the Deep State. At least in their minds.

It also applied in the same manner to the white slave holders in the Deep South. They had their own secret polices, shadow governments, organizations, etc. And, of course, all were higher level humans, not those black things that looked like humans...

Using eyes instead of predigested stories

That is the nature of the people you support. Not the Deep South, but yes the Deep State. But what is the essential difference? One form of bigotry instead of another?

Their media outlets and Internet trolls have said for years that the Deep State does not exist, right? But now those same people are using the term. Why?

That's something to think about.

Now use your eyes.

How many more bioweapons that result in pandemics are you willing to ignore? How many more wars? How many more censorships? How many more riots? How many more assassinations? How much more pedophilia are you willing to ignore? And the political blackmail from it? Shall I go on?

All of this is part of the culture that produced the Deep State. Blue collar workers do not run the Deep State. People of good will do not run the Deep State. And, as a rule, they don't do that crap I mentioned. 

Elitist bigots do. And man are they callous and vicious where there money, power and perversions are concerned.

They self-police, too. The only sacred rule for elitist bigots is that all is permitted except getting caught and exposed.

Also, they encourage each other to say in public how much they care. They have feelings. And man do they care. They care and nobody else does. Bah...

All of that is so much more than "a clever ruthless conspiracy." That characterization is just a cartoon vision that works as a smokescreen to hide the master-slave mindset, master-slave intentions and master-slave structures resulting from elitism.

The Deep State and the environment where it is fostered is a way of life lived by flawed human beings who have corrupted their souls and live as parasites on the productive part of humanity, all while believing they are entitled to do so because they are innately superior.

And, like you said (although you may not still mean), the Deep State is everywhere.

This is what I see when I look at the people you support. This is what I think of them. There are millions of people who think like I do, too.

I can't say it any clearer than that.

Another point

On another point, of course you have a place here at OL. I'm just not going to sugar-coat my identification and judgment of the moral rot of elitism anymore.

As religious people say, ALL people are God's children, not just the slave masters.

Michael