On 6/21/2020 at 7:35 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Sometimes the Deep Staters have to go out kicking and screaming, but out they are going.

Here is a nutshell outline of this issue.

1. Geoffrey Berman was United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He was originally Trump-friendly, but gradually soured on Trump (going after Michael Cohen, then Giuliani and others). Although his actions were couched as legal independence, he pursued cases with an eye for the political damage to Trump they could cause.

2. AG Barr made a decision to replace him and the DOJ issued a statement that he was stepping down.

3. Berman pushed back and issued a statement saying hell no he won't go. The press had a field day with this, saying that Trump met his match, that Barr needs to be impeached, yada yada yada.

4. The reason Berman he thought he could get away with that is because he had been an interim appointment by Jeff Sessions, but after his 120 day period expired, the other judges voted he could state in office until the Senate confirmed his replacement.

5. The President has the power to fire and replace federal judges at will. So AG Barr asked President Trump to do just that and he did.

Below is the letter by Barr to Berman informing him of this.

Here is the text just in case the image is too small to read;

The fact that he would not go when asked shows just how invested he was in trying to damage President Trump's reelection campaign.

He is a staunch Republican, but let's say he became a closet Never-Trumper.

So good riddance to bad trash.

Michael

Lo and behold, just days after Berman's being taken out, SDNY's case against Jeffrey Epstein's child victim procurer Ghislaine Maxwell finally proceeds after having been sat on for years.

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/07/02/epstein-confidante-maxwell-arrested-in-new-hampshire/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

Lo and behold, just days after Berman's being taken out, SDNY's case against Jeffrey Epstein's child victim procurer Ghislaine Maxwell finally proceeds after having been sat on for years.

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/07/02/epstein-confidante-maxwell-arrested-in-new-hampshire/

Jon,

Just for the reader, here is a bolded headline to that link and some excerpts:

Epstein Confidante Maxwell Arrested In New Hampshire [Updated]

In a surprising move, Ghislaine Maxwell, the British heiress and confidante to the late financier Jeffrey Epstein, has been arrested in New Hampshire. Maxwell’s arrest  could have a ripple effect on both criminal and civil matters ranging from the still uncertain status of Prince Andrew to a number of defamation lawsuits.  One of Maxwell’s principal accuser was Virginia Roberts Giuffre who has filed lawsuits against Maxwell as well as figures like Harvard Professor Alan Dershowitz.  It appears that the charges derive from the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, another indication that the recent controversy of the replacement of the U.S. Attorney has not impacted underlying investigations.

Frankly, as a criminal defense lawyer, I am surprised that Maxwell risked returning to the United States. She was believed to be living in Paris.  It was well-known that the Justice Department was pursuing the case, including demands to interview Prince Andrew.

Her arrest may be unnerving for figures like Prince Andrew.  She would be the ultimate cooperating witness if she decided to cooperate on broader criminal inquiries. 

. . .

She is currently facing six counts tied to her alleged assistance to Epstein in finding girls as young as 14 years old for sexual acts back as far as 1994.

“In some instances, Maxwell was present for and participated in the sexual abuse of minor victims,” the indictment says.

. . .

One interesting twist will be the infamous deal cut.

. . .

Despite a strong case for prosecution, Epstein’s lawyers, including Alan Dershowitz and Ken Starr, were able to secure a ridiculous deal with prosecutors. He was accused of abusing abused more than forty minor girls (with many between the ages of 13 and 17).  Epstein pleaded guilty to a Florida state charge of felony solicitation of underage girls in 2008 and served a 13-month jail sentence.  Epstein was facing a 53-page indictment that could have resulted in life in prison in jail. However, he got the 13 month deal. Moreover, to my lasting surprise, the Senate approved the man who cut that disgraceful deal, former Miami U.S. attorney Alexander Acosta, as labor secretary.  He later resigned.

That deal does not mention Maxwell but it expressly stated that federal prosecutors “will not institute any criminal charges against any potential co-conspirators of Epstein, including but not limited to Sarah Kellen, Adriana Ross, Lesley Groff, or Nadia Marcinkova.”  Any criminal charge linked to the Epstein case against Maxwell would seem to be a charge against a “potential co-conspirator of Epstein.”

That deal however was not lawfully executed by Acosta who did a great disservice not only to justice but more importantly these victims.  Judge Kenneth A. Marra of Federal District Court in West Palm Beach found, as many of us have long argued, that the deal cut by Acosta violated federal law and allowed the infamous financier to get a disgracefully low sentence.

. . .

Thus, the improper role played by the Justice Department in the case may actually help it now with any prosecution of Maxwell.

. . .

Any problem with the Acosta deal made be avoided by not just attacking the validity of the agreement, as noted, but reliance on perjury counts stemming from depositions (which would not be impacted by the agreement even if enforceable). 

Here is the indictment if anyone is interested.

Also, a video right out of the oven of the official press conference about Maxwell's arrest.

This case shows AG Bill Barr's method of working. Re investigations, he's a plodder and keeps a tight ship on leaks. When the time comes he and his staff believe they have an air-tight case, they clean the path (like getting rid of Berman through political channels), then swoop in and arrest bad guys who have no idea what hit them.

I bet there are a lot of Deep Staters who are observing this very process and, suddenly as their arrogance turns into bile and goes down their throats with a big-ass gulp, are contemplating a move to another country that has no extradition treaty.

And, as you keep reminding readers, the people who disparaged as a conspiracy theory and a sign of warped non-Objectivist epistemology the idea that elites controlled other elites through pedophilia-connected blackmail are silent about this. Reality doesn't fit the story they keep telling themselves where they are the superior good guys. From their words and deeds, they are protectors of science and reason and defenders of decent people of prominence who don't deserve to be smeared. That's the story they tell themselves. In reality, as the investigations are now proving and later prosecutions and jail will prove, many of their public heroes are pedophiles and have been blackmailed for years because of it. 

Some way to do philosophy and epistemology if it blinds people that much, huh?

Let's just say I'm enjoying the show.

🙂

Michael

• Like 2

I was just reading over some of the founding documents of the USA.

I noticed the following quote from the end of The Declaration of Independence.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor. And Ghislaine Maxwell did not kill herself.

Opps...

I think I got ahead of myself...

🙂

Michael

From
Hollywood Producer (and Friend of Jeffrey Epstein) Steve Bing Dead After Falling Off a Building

Although no suicide note found, Bing’s death was quickly ruled as a suicide by law enforcement. The reported reason for the suicide: He was depressed about the lack of human contact during the quarantine.

In other words, this exceedingly rich man, who has bought “human contact” his entire life, killed himself right as COVID lockdown measures are loosening. The circumstances behind this death are as bizarre and illogical as those surrounding Epstein’s “suicide”.

Bye, bye, Steve Bing, it was nice hearing of your death.

I hope you found the sidewalk OK. Just kidding, it sounds like you definitely did!

I hope the ground felt real bad.

Tick-Tock, Slick Willy! Pick a side of your building, you may as well start thinking about it now.

On 2/11/2020 at 5:08 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The big thumb in President Trump's eye from Mueller's flank in the Deep State was the persecution of Roger Stone.

Well, the thumb in the eye just turned into an elbow slamming into the Deep State's throat.

Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence, days before prison term set to begin

I know something about this that most people don't.

I think President Trump was inclined to pardon Roger Stone, but Roger himself requested a commutation.

Why?

Because now he gets to drag the Deep State through the courts and sue one person after another, demanding discovery, until he his conviction gets overturned in the courts. And Roger knows where the bodies are buried.

It's going to be one hell of a show because Roger is already back with Alex Jones, with his millions and millions of viewers watching. And wait until he does all the talk shows. With the information Roger is going to be feeding out in the Alex Jones venue and elsewhere, this is going to be one of the Deep State's worst public relations nightmares--like a cancer that spreads into it and all throughout it and doesn't respond to treatment.

Michael

As followup.

The full statement from The White House Office of the Press Secretary:

Subject: Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Executive Grant of Clemency for Roger Stone, Jr.

The following quote from that document is part of the elbow slamming into the throat of the Deep State I mention in my previous post.

Roger Stone has already suffered greatly. He was treated very unfairly, as were many others in this case.

Guess what that means?

Michael

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peter said:

I am glad he is free. Will he still be politically or legally active? 

Peter,

Of course.

Roger Stone is a free man.

I don't know about voting so long as the conviction is still on his record, but he's going to have that overturned. Once that happens, any such restrictions he has will fall.

Then he's going to recover his money by suing the shit out of many many people in the manner that kid from the Catholic school is doing (the one staring and smiling at a Native American drummer who got in his face). I would say Roger has managed to take care of his family for several generations once it is all over.

btw - Here is Roger getting the news directly from President Trump. (btw - Adria is Roger's daughter.)

🙂

Michael

Odd, old news. The Roger Stone case and pardon sound like Alice in the looking glass. “The time has come, to talk of other things–of shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings. Calloo, Callay, no work today, we’re the cabbages and kings.” – The Walrus

Roger Stone's indictment is all bun and no beef By JON HEALEY JAN 25, 2019 AT 2:45 PM . . . . One of the more tantalizing allegations in the indictment is that Stone worked through Credico to ask Assange for any hacked emails he might have from Clinton herself or the State Department that could confirm an unspecified accusation about Clinton’s work as secretary of state. While the indictment asserts that Assange got the request, there’s no indication that anything came of it. That’s the indictment in a nutshell. Stone comes across as someone who talked a good game about his insights into what WikiLeaks had obtained and what it planned, then allegedly lied to Congress about what he’d done and said. But Mueller’s team hasn’t offered much about what Stone actually . . . .

Notes. Alice in Wonderland Quotes to Send You Down the Rabbit Hole 1. “I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.” – Alice  2. “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” — The Duchess 3. “If you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?” – The Unicorn 4. “I’m not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different than yours.” – The Cheshire Cat  5. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”  – Alice 6. “It’s a poor sort of memory that only works backwards” – The Queen of Hearts 7. “Begin at the beginning”, the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” – The King 8. “I am under no obligation to make sense to you.” – Mad Hatter 9. “For if one drinks much from a bottle marked ‘poison,’ it’s almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later.” – Alice 10. “You know you say things are “much of a muchness” — did you ever see such a thing as a drawing of a muchness?’ – The Dormouse 11. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.” – Alice 12. “No wise fish would go anywhere without a porpoise.” – The Mock Turtle 13. “If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there.” – The Cheshire Cat 14. “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.” — Alice 15. “The Duchess! The Duchess! Oh my dear paws! Oh my fur and whiskers! She’ll get me executed, as sure as ferrets are ferrets!” – The White Rabbit 16. “Curiouser and curiouser!” – Alice 17. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” — The Cheshire Cat 18. “How puzzling all these changes are! I’m never sure what I’m going to be, from one minute to another.” – Alice 19. “Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.” – The Duchess 20. “And what is the use of a book,” thought Alice, “without pictures or conversations?” – Alice 21. ”You mean you can’t take less; it’s very easy to take more than nothing.” – The Hatter 22. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!” – The Queen of Hearts 23. “Why is a raven like a writing desk?” – Mad Hatter 24. “But that’s the point. If you don’t think, you shouldn’t talk.” – March Hare 25. “’Tis the voice of the Lobster: I heard him declare / ‘You have baked me too brown, I must sugar my hair.” – Alice. 26. “Oh, my fur and whiskers! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” – White Rabbit 27. “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – The White Queen 28. “We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.” – Cheshire Cat. 29. “Who cares for you?” said Alice, (she had grown to her full size by this time.) You’re nothing but a pack of cards!” – Alice 30. “You used to be much more…muchier. You’ve lost your muchness.” – The Mad Hatter 31. “Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.” – The Duchess 32. “I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?” – Alice 33. “Caterpillar? Oh, for goodness sake. Alice, I – Oh, well. Come along. It’s time for tea.” – Alice’s Sister 34. “Only the insane equate pain with success.” – Cheshire Cat 35. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!” – The Red Queen 36. “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.” – The White Rabbit 37. “Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!” – Alice 38. “I don’t see how he can ever finish if he doesn’t begin.” – The Mock 39. “Can you do addition? What’s one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one?” – The White Queen 40. “The time has come, to talk of other things–of shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings. Calloo, Callay, no work today, we’re the cabbages and kings.” – The Walrus

2 hours ago, Peter said:

“The time has come, to talk of other things...

Peter,

But so far, this thing with Roger Stone is making all the right heads explode.

It is signaling to the Deep State its lack of efficacy. And that is infuriating them. People as infuriated as they are make many mistakes.

The best person to sum up the Roger Stone case to date is Jesse Waters. President Trump liked his recent opening statement so much, he pinned the video to the top of his Twitter feed.

Here is President Trump signaling his like:

And here is the video of Jesse Waters:

The Exploding Heads

Now look how heads are exploding. After Mueller's disastrous July 24, 2019 appearance before two House committees, has anybody heard from him? No. Why? Because he's losing his mind in an old-age kind of way. So he's stayed silent. Until now.

Robert Mueller breaks his silence and condemns Trump for commuting Roger Stone's sentence

Obviously someone wrote the WaPo op-ed for him. (My vote is for Andrew Weissmann, the nastiest piece of work from his former team--and, boy, is Weissmann hopping mad, see here.) Lee Smith, author of the best and bestselling book on the Deep State operation against President Trump, The Plot Against the President: The True Story of How Congressman Devin Nunes Uncovered the Biggest Political Scandal in U.S. History, agrees with me:

There is a huge risk in dragging Mueller out. If he gets interviewed or ambushed by a reporter, he's going to make Biden sound coherent. Yet they are risking it because Roger Stone is more of a symbol to them than a case. He is a symbol of their weakness, of the public exposure of their weakness, and that eats them alive inside.

Tinseltown

Take a look at these beauties from Hollywood (on Breitbart). 

Hollywood Erupts After Trump Commutes Roger Stone’s Sentence: ‘Treason’

If you are into schadenfreude, reading all that is deeply satisfying. 🙂 They are howling in impotent rage because they claim to be able to strike fear in the hearts of anyone, especially someone like Roger Stone who they want to see dead, but they are powerless and the whole world sees it right now. They can't even nail an inconsequential reprobate (to them) like Roger Stone.

This may not seem like much, but in the story-wars department, it is moving the Overton Window a couple of notches. Don't forget, we have an election in 4 months and the Overton Window is more important during this time than it is at other times because it impacts voting habits.

Never Trumpers

Look at the anti-Trump Republicans:

Romney blasts Trump's Stone commutation: 'Historic corruption'

Others like Pat Toomey, Mark Sanford, Bill Krystol have come out in public against President Trump for commuting Roger Stone's sentence. Imagine what the anti-Trumper Republicans are saying behind the scenes. Here is an indication from The Lincoln Project (a group of never Trump Republicans who now support Biden--they are led by Kellyanne Conway's boneheaded husband, George Conway and others, see here). 

There's a hidden message in that video. The Deep State framed most of those "felons" or entrapped them with legal minutia. The hidden message is: Do not oppose us or this is what we will do to you. And Trump's time is coming... 

It isn't, but dogs have to bark, pigs have to grunt, snakes have to hiss and so on. Poor things, they can't help it...

Final thought for this post

If Roger Stone is not that important, why are all the heads of these famous people exploding? 🙂

I say, in addition to hating President Trump, every one of them wants the power to jail someone they don't like simply because they don't like him or her.

In other words, when you look favorably at any of these creeps, make sure you do not get on their bad side. They are vindictive spiteful snakes. They play much dirtier than Roger Stone ever did (and he played plenty dirty). They will turn on you in a fraction of a second if they think this will help them get back their lost power. I mean that literally, too. If they take a disliking to you, and I mean you Peter, for whatever reason and it gets strong enough, regardless of legality, they will throw you in jail and make up some kind of bullshit reason for it. Wielding that kind of power is what gives them meaning to themselves. It's like crack cocaine to them.

I, for one, like sticking it to them. That is one of the reasons I like Roger Stone and particularly the news of his commutation. It makes them crazy.

So that's my final thought about Roger Stone for this post...

But not my final thought about Roger Stone...

🙂 

Michael

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In other words, when you look favorably at any of these creeps, make sure you do not get on their bad side. They are vindictive spiteful snakes.

Just in case anyone doesn't fully believe this, look at this pile of crap from National Review.

An Indefensible Commutation

The gist of the article has an OK part to it--that the prosecution and persecution of Roger Stone was a travesty.

... the indictment of Stone and subsequent trial definitively established that Stone had no inside knowledge of Russian hacking or WikiLeaks’s role in disseminating stolen DNC emails; instead, he tried to parlay media gossip and what he heard from an intermediary into a sense that he knew more than he did.

. . .

... there is no reason to believe that Stone actually knows more damaging information about Trump’s dealings with Russia. Mueller’s investigators interviewed, subpoenaed, and searched hundreds of witnesses and prosecuted a couple of dozen Russian operatives and entities, and concluded that the Russians neither got help nor were looking for help from the Trump campaign.

. . .

This isn’t to deny the excesses of Trump’s critics and the prosecutors. The focus on Stone as the linchpin of a great international conspiracy was always absurd, even though some people — including Andrew Weissman, the zealous Democratic prosecutor who had a large hand in running the Mueller probe — are still clinging to it today. The early-morning SWAT team raid on Stone’s home, somehow covered by a CNN crew, was a travesty.

There.

Lip service. Check.

And to make their idiocy look objective, they present President Trump's legal powers and (what they would call) worse excesses of past presidents.

The commutation is a move fully within the president’s powers and in keeping with the long-established pattern of presidents’ pardoning or commuting the sentences of associates caught up in special-counsel probes... We’re a long way from George H. W. Bush’s pardoning Cap Weinberger, the great Reagan-era defense official, who had been indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice in the Lawrence Walsh investigation.

So more lip service. Check.

Now they get down to business.

There is no doubt, though, that Stone was guilty of perjury and a laughably ham-handed attempt at witness tampering. He was justly convicted of these charges and deserved to go to jail; in our system of justice, self-parody is no defense.

Notice that these idiots just said President Trump had the full power to commute this sentence and that this specific commutation was not nearly as objectionable as some commutations and pardons of past presidents. They even recognized that every objection they presented here as if it had been overturned still stood. They said so themselves:

... Trump didn’t pardon him, which means that his convictions still stand.

In other words, legally Stone is still guilty of perjury, he is still guilty of witness tampering, he was convicted and remains convicted, and he was sentenced to jail. There was no defense of self-parody. (I don't agree with their charge of self-parody, but that's beside the point I am making.)

Think about it this way. Self-parody is also not a crime. But man, these people object to it if that is what they perceive. It's the worst of the worst, far worse than murder to these war-mongering creeps. So look what they said about President Trump.

... Trump’s handling of the matter is indefensible.

Why?

Why is it indefensible? Especially since these clowns themselves gave solid legal and contextual reasons to defend it.

The answer is easy. It's because they don't like Roger Stone.That is their entire foundation.

Look at the following. Their words, not mine:

... Stone’s talk of omerta is a pose, it is grotesque and alone makes him unworthy of clemency.

(Omerta means code of silence Italian-style.)

Setting aside that, according to the Constitution, President Trump alone decides who is worthy of clemency, notice that, to these boneheads, illegality does not make Stone "unworthy of clemency." A pose does. They think it's grotesque.

A pose?

They still want to lock a guy up in the face of a Presidential commutation because they don't like what they call a pose?

Let that sink in.

Now suppose that was you they were talking about.

Is there any doubt that, if these assholes were the ones in power, you would be in jail if they didn't like you? Roger Stone certainly would. And a whole lot of other people.

Using words divorced from reality, these creeps give lip service to legal and moral principles. In deeds, that is, in reality, they abuse the power of the courts and law enforcement because they don't like someone. They savor this abuse, too. They long for it, they crave it, and get furious when they can't exercise it.

Enough of this crap.

These people are evil and they are idiots to boot. They don't care about you. They want to send your sons and daughters off to be killed in unnecessary wars so they can afford to enjoy expensive cigars with vintage cognac and strike poses in their insider cliques. (That is just one outrageous thing about them. There are many.)

Lurking beneath this editorial by the full National Review editorial board, there is hatred of President Trump himself, and, by extension, hatred of you--that is, if you want to be more than livestock on their farms. Never be fooled into thinking otherwise. These people give me the creeps.

Michael

Now Mr. Stone can seek to have his conviction overthrown in the courts and will have the ability to bring it all out into the legal open legally. Those who did him in are going to get done in.

--Brant

I hope

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, according to Nancy Pelosi, the commutation of Roger Stone's sentence by President Trump is a threat to the USA national security because of the Russian connection, which she said she and her party will continue to pursue.

She and the interviewer (Dana Bash) toyed with the word impeachment...

Man, does she look pissed in the thumbnail of the video. And if Dana Bash were a dog, she would be wagging her tail.

(Ditto for much of the video itself.)

🙂

Michael

Nancy can Botox her face, but not her mind.

You cannot delimit the President's pardon power without a constitutional amendment.

--Brant

more stupid than senile and basically and necessarily thoroughly evil