Trump humor

Heh.

:) 

btw - Is anyone saying that Jeb! or Rubio or whoever would be beating Hillary Clinton right now if only that had been nominated?

:evil:  :)

Michael

No, but I bet they both did their pre-candidacy self-oppo research they were supposed to do.  And I bet neither of them would have found an Access Hollywood style tape, had sexual misconduct accusations like Trump has, or said sick sh*t about their daughters:

#Rubio2020

No, but I bet they both did their pre-candidacy self-oppo research they were supposed to do.  And I bet neither of them would have found an Access Hollywood style tape, had sexual misconduct accusations like Trump has, or said sick sh*t about their daughters:

Korben,

Right. Those guys are regular moral giants, they are.

Perfectly formatted for the American soul.

They would have no problem with Hillary Clinton's smear machine on the morality score, right? Wanna buy a doobie from ole Jeb or take a bubble-bath with Marco? That's just on the surface...

There is one point that confuses me. And this does confuse me--it is not banter.

I have seen you and others refer to Trump's quips about his daughters with such loathing, it confounds me. I get the smear people. They grasp at anything and try to inflate it. If Trump says, "Good morning," they holler that Trump thinks most mornings are awful because he had to make an exception for today.

Anyway, my parents were prudes and I have not a touch of pedophilia in my bones--I have always been attracted to females appropriate to my age group, but I don't find anything wrong in Trump's quips about Ivanka. They were quips. Nothing more.

I sincerely don't understand where the loathing comes from. I see it in some people (not everybody by far, but some people I respect like you) so I know it's real. But trying to comprehend this visceral value judgment to me is like trying to take fear of vampires seriously. I don't want to be disrespectful, but that accurately characterizes my inner response.

Vampires are harmless entertainment for storytelling, not real bloodsucking creatures spawned in hell. That's the way I see Trump's quips about Ivanka. I can see finding vampires (or edgy quips) tasteless, maybe crude or boring, not never a real threat. It confuses me when educated people do see a threat and express strong loathing about it.

Michael

Korben,

Right. Those guys are regular moral giants, they are.

Perfectly formatted for the American soul.

They would have no problem with Hillary Clinton's smear machine on the morality score, right? Wanna buy a doobie from ole Jeb or take a bubble-bath with Marco? That's just on the surface...

There is one point that confuses me. And this does confuse me--it is not banter.

I have seen you and others refer to Trump's quips about his daughters with such loathing, it confounds me. I get the smear people. They grasp at anything and try to inflate it. If Trump says, "Good morning," they holler that Trump thinks most mornings are awful because he had to make an exception for today.

Anyway, my parents were prudes and I have not a touch of pedophilia in my bones--I have always been attracted to females appropriate to my age group, but I don't find anything wrong in Trump's quips about Ivanka. They were quips. Nothing more.

I sincerely don't understand where the loathing comes from. I see it in some people (not everybody by far, but some people I respect like you) so I know it's real. But trying to comprehend this visceral value judgment to me is like trying to take fear of vampires seriously. I don't want to be disrespectful, but that accurately characterizes my inner response.

Vampires are harmless entertainment for storytelling, not real bloodsucking creatures spawned in hell. That's the way I see Trump's quips about Ivanka. I can see finding vampires (or edgy quips) tasteless, maybe crude or boring, not never a real threat. It confuses me when educated people do see a threat and express strong loathing about it.

Michael

What Trump said in that video are of same kind pedophiles say.  It's revolting when heard from an actual pedophile.  I worked around law enforcement and prosecutors for a while and this kind of language would draw their attention, fast.  Trump said these kinds of things more than once, spanning years, and in real life I'd distance myself from someone who has said these things so that's what I'm doing for him.  I don't know what he is or isn't.  He still has millions of voters, and I doubt many would care if they heard it, but for me I don't find it funny.  Anyway, that's my explanation.

2 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

What Trump said in that video are of same kind pedophiles say.

. . .

I don't know what he is or isn't.

Korben,

Well, pedophiles eat Big Macs, too. Should we boycott McDonalds because of it? The kind of quips Trump makes are standard among show-business people. They're tame, in fact. Have you ever seen comedy roasts where women are constantly called cunts? And that's when they are being respectful to women. Talk of actual pedophilia abounds--and not in a condemnatory way. And that's just one place in show-business. Shall we talk about movies? Modern TV series? The theater? Do you distance yourself from those comedians or actors or celebrities who go there? And those who watch?

As to what Trump is or isn't (insinuating he might be a pedophile), all I can say is look at Ivanka.

If you've been around the legal system re pedophiles, then you know the profile of women who were abused when young.

That ain't Ivanka. Not even close.

(I've actually known quite a few. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous were full of them during the time I was active in those organizations. Undoubtedly, they still are. And I mean men and women who were abused as children.)

I once insinuated, then accused a man of pedophilia based on what others were saying. His name is James Peron. And I did it on an Objectivist site (the old SoloHQ led by idiot and bonehead, Lindsay Perigo, who championed Jim's crucifixion on that false charge. He even jiggered the politics so that Jim got thrown out of New Zealand.)

It was one of the most shameful things I ever did because this charge hits people emotionally in a manner that the accused is guilty until proven innocent. After I looked at the evidence with reason, not just emotion, and looked at the way people were clamoring for his head, it was easy to see that James Peron was innocent. There is a thread here on OL with my apology to him and my analysis of what went on, with links, quotes, all of it. Shame on the people who did that to him.

(btw - Jim hates Trump so much, it's scary. I see it on Facebook. I have not talked with him for a long time precisely to avoid hostilities over this election. :) )

I am no friend of pedophiles. And I am no friend of witch hunts. It's wrong to damage children and it's wrong to destroy innocent adults. In my view, this is a a topic where maximum objectivity is required if a person wishes to claim reason.

If someone wants to call Trump a pedophile, that's their business. But what I've seen so far has nothing to do with reason or rationality.

Michael

Back to humor, this is not a biggie, but it is funny.

God, will Hillary Clinton ever learn the right time to make a shit-eating grin?

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

Well, pedophiles eat Big Macs, too. Should we boycott McDonalds because of it? The kind of quips Trump makes are standard among show-business people. They're tame, in fact. Have you ever seen comedy roasts where women are constantly called cunts? And that's when they are being respectful to women. Talk of actual pedophilia abounds--and not in a condemnatory way. And that's just one place in show-business. Shall we talk about movies? Modern TV series? The theater? Do you distance yourself from those comedians or actors or celebrities who go there? And those who watch?

As to what Trump is or isn't (insinuating he might be a pedophile), all I can say is look at Ivanka.

If you've been around the legal system re pedophiles, then you know the profile of women who were abused when young.

That ain't Ivanka. Not even close.

Logos

(I've actually known quite a few. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous were full of them during the time I was active in those organizations. Undoubtedly, they still are. And I mean men and women who were abused as children.)

I once insinuated, then accused a man of pedophilia based on what others were saying. His name is James Peron. And I did it on an Objectivist site (the old SoloHQ led by idiot and bonehead, Lindsay Perigo, who championed Jim's crucifixion on that false charge. He even jiggered the politics so that Jim got thrown out of New Zealand.)

It was one of the most shameful things I ever did because this charge hits people emotionally in a manner that the accused is guilty until proven innocent. After I looked at the evidence with reason, not just emotion, and looked at the way people were clamoring for his head, it was easy to see that James Peron was innocent. There is a thread here on OL with my apology to him and my analysis of what went on, with links, quotes, all of it. Shame on the people who did that to him.

(btw - Jim hates Trump so much, it's scary. I see it on Facebook. I have not talked with him for a long time precisely to avoid hostilities over this election. :) )

Pathos

I am no friend of pedophiles. And I am no friend of witch hunts. It's wrong to damage children and it's wrong to destroy innocent adults. In my view, this is a a topic where maximum objectivity is required if a person wishes to claim reason.

If someone wants to call Trump a pedophile, that's their business. But what I've seen so far has nothing to do with reason or rationality.

Michael

Ethos

(quote function is back :) )

Edited by william.scherk
Swapped out one ombré ref for another

I'm only putting this up because if people don't, this horse's-ass hypocrisy gets swept aside by the corrupt media.

Is it funny? Yeah, the first time.

But there are too many instances in the culture to keep funny running for long.

Michael

Thanks to William for the close up of Trump’s earlobe. He does not have the  characteristic *crease* found on people who are approaching a medical emergency like a heart attack or stroke. The crease looks like this  (  ,left to right, as you look at their ear. I give Donald a clean bill of health, but I predict he will start drinking champagne after winning the Presidency.

Peter

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Thanks to William for the close up of Trump’s earlobe. He does not have the  characteristic *crease* found on people who are approaching a medical emergency like a heart attack or stroke. The crease looks like this  (  ,left to right, as you look at their ear. I give Donald a clean bill of health, but I predict he will start drinking champagne after winning the Presidency.

Peter

And if he loses he will also drink champaign sometime or another...

I found this while exploring Memeorandum's wall of hoopla about the looming election. It is from a person called sundance and appeared at the Conservative Treehouse ...  emphasis added.

The real battle, is the battle for your mind…

The peak U.S. media false polling cycle is thankfully in the rear-view mirror.  Over the next eight days corporate media entities will begin scaling back the promoted pro-Clinton polling advantages they have falsely inserted into the presidential election narrative.  By Friday October 28th, their manipulative cycle will have concluded.

Ask yourself If Hillary Clinton was actually winning by the margins presented, then why is President Obama in Miami Florida, M.I.A.M.I, campaigning on her behalf?

obama-miami-2obama-florida

You already know the answer.  Everything the media has been putting forth for the past two weeks is simply a ruse.  A well designed and well orchestrated ruse; indeed a corporate ruse, but a ruse nonetheless.

In predictable Alinsky fashion, today President Obama heads to Miami and Michelle Obama head-fakes to Arizona for a media speech delivered under the guise of a campaign speech.  Meanwhile, without any campaign events today, Pickles heads back to bed …to recover from the 90 minute debate that she needed 5 days of non-campaigning rest to prepare for.

Go figure.

Unlike most of the media polling Rasmussen shows a tight race with Donald Trump ahead of Pickles by 3 points (43/40 SEE HERE).

54 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I found this while exploring Memeorandum's wall of hoopla about the looming election. It is from a person called sundance and appeared at the Conservative Treehouse ...  emphasis added.

What is magic about the date Oct. 28?

7-john-darkow-columbia-daily-tribune-mis