Donald Trump

Really starting to feel Marco Rubio - John Kasich ticket .

Maybe the wrong thread but Republicans cannot win the WH without Florida and Ohio .

Get your Latinos , your young voters , Ohio on a silver platter .

I could also see Rubio - Carly but looks like Bush is just about done here too .

I would appreciate it if you would put that pick in the thread I started.

See link below...

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/public/style_images/master/icon_share.png

A...

Post Script:

And congrats on your Blue Jays...well deserved!

How many home runs do you think the Blue Jays and Texas Rangers will hit in their series?

Sorry tried to cut and paste but when I hit link , it says icon ?

Surprisingly , I think way less than folks think . Think pitching will do better due to playoffs

And congrats on your Blue Jays...well deserved!

How many home runs do you think the Blue Jays and Texas Rangers will hit in their series?

Sorry tried to cut and paste but when I hit link , it says icon ?

Surprisingly , I think way less than folks think . Think pitching will do better due to playoffs

It is not you, I still cannot perform simple transfers of a prior post at times...William and Michael have explained it and clearly I have still not retained it.

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15199&page=5#entry237032

Let's try that.

Also, I agree as to the HR's. The first time I ever saw it happen was the weekend series where you guys came into our house and kicked ass. Smoltz. I think, was one of the commentators and he nailed it.

The CC announcement surprised a lot of folks.

A...

Ha!

Trump campaign trolls Rubio with bottled water delivery
By Daniel Strauss
10/05/15
Politico

Donald Trump delivered a new dig in his ongoing feud with Sen. Marco Rubio on Monday: a 24-bottle care package with the label “Trump Ice Natural Spring Water.”

The set of bottled water was sent to the Rubio campaign’s Washington office on Monday. The package also had two towels with the “Make America Great Again” Trump campaign slogan, Trump campaign bumper stickers, and a note that said “Since you’re always sweating, we thought you could use some water. Enjoy!”...

It’s a jab at Rubio who awkwardly reached for a bottle of water right in the middle of his 2013 State of the Union rebuttal to President Barack Obama.

. . .

“Rubio, I’ve never seen a young guy sweat that much,” Trump said during a recent appearance in South Carolina. “He’s drinking water, water, water, I never saw anything like this with him with the water.”

:smile:

Michael

Ha!

Trump campaign trolls Rubio with bottled water delivery

By Daniel Strauss

10/05/15

Politico

Donald Trump delivered a new dig in his ongoing feud with Sen. Marco Rubio on Monday: a 24-bottle care package with the label “Trump Ice Natural Spring Water.”

The set of bottled water was sent to the Rubio campaign’s Washington office on Monday. The package also had two towels with the “Make America Great Again” Trump campaign slogan, Trump campaign bumper stickers, and a note that said “Since you’re always sweating, we thought you could use some water. Enjoy!”...

It’s a jab at Rubio who awkwardly reached for a bottle of water right in the middle of his 2013 State of the Union rebuttal to President Barack Obama.

. . .

“Rubio, I’ve never seen a young guy sweat that much,” Trump said during a recent appearance in South Carolina. “He’s drinking water, water, water, I never saw anything like this with him with the water.”

Michael

Love it !!!!! He is making nice with the eventual President !!!!!!!

Gotta love Trump !!!!!

When Trump took the pledge he removed himself as a third party threat and effectively capped his campaign. All that's left is some theater. This is because he cannot take himself up to the next level respecting ideas and policies. Making deals isn't enough. Look at Obama doing that. It's dangerous if you really don't know what you're doing or, in his case, hate your own country.

--Brant

Here's Trump saying what he really meant when he said he would get out if he was doing terribly--the quote that everybody jumped on with a huge, "A ha!"

Direct quote from the end of the video when Trump got exasperated and said he wanted to try to explain it a bit differently:

I'm not getting out. I'm going to win. OK?

Maybe folks will understand that form of speech is easier. Those sweating crows sure as hell do...

Do you want to know what I think?

I think Trump knows enough marketing (know thy customer) to know the media would be all over this and he milked it for all the publicity it would yield, and now he wants to move on to his next manipulation of the media.

Michael

And a moment of love-fest between Donald Trump and Mark Levin:

Notice in the middle somewhere that Trump said about 90% of the regulations will fall by the wayside under his administration. He mentioned that when Levin said we were being ripped off by our own government more than by outside governments.

Yet people claim he wants to be a dictator or fascist or something.

I believe many people who criticize Trump have no idea what he is really going to do once in office because they are not entrepreneurs and/or do not understand the entrepreneur mindset. They think according to other frames.

But the closer Trump comes to winning this thing, the more excited I get.

Good times coming for everyone...

Michael

One of the smartest rattlesnakes in Evita's campaign is James Carville...

Remember what he said as they elected Clinton, Evita's felonious husband.

"It's the economy stupid."

The Donald should use that clip in one of his inter web commercials which are free, or, so I here.

Yeah, The self funding Donald is not going to waste money when he has a 100% name recognition.

I want each of you to ask ten folks who are of voting age and ask them who Ben Carson is?

Ask a separate set of ten who Carly Fiorina is?

All of the folks you should select should be 35 ish or under...and over 18 of course.

No prompts and no qualifiers.

A...

Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert, talked to Reason about Trump's covert persuasion techniques. When I first came across his ideas, I thought they were brilliant and a nice complement to my own perception of Trump's techniques.

Now I'm not so sure. He didn't do that good of a job in this interview. He went more from saying what rather than saying how. He said what Trump did and put a jargon name on it, like "Linguistic Kill Shot." But he didn't tell you how to do one, or how Trump arrived at his. 

This is a sales technique (used mostly in information products)--you say what the benefits and solutions the product provides, but you don't say how it provides them. To find out how, you have to buy the product.

This interview hit Real Clear Politics Video. Massive audience all of a sudden. It's a good thing he plugged his book in this interview--right at the end--and let people know that he goes into depth about covert persuasion techniques in it, huh?

Waiiiiiiit a minute! You sly little devil, you Scott Adams!!! Trying to sell you book on Trump's back, ehhhh???

Still, for those who never think about these things, it's a good start.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/55NxKENplG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael

Michael:

He has a nice blog...

Essentially, it is establishing an "anchor" and pivoting with a "fresh" word that has not been linked to the target. It also is in establishing the "high ground."

Not as complicated as it sounds.

An alert reader who:

...noticed that Trump is already beta-testing a linguistic kill shot for Hillary Clinton.

As Yohami accurately notes, this kill shot is also a high ground maneuver. It takes you out of the weeds of the email server question (where reasonable folks can be confused and disagree) all the way to national security where we all have the same opinion that risk is unacceptable.

Trump’s label will stick because he knows the public is not following the details of Clinton’s server security issue. They just have some general sense of distrust for all things Clinton. Trump put a label on that general distrust: “Major security risk.”

And remember how I told you in a prior post that “risk” is the magic kill word that brought supply-side economics to its knees in the Clinton/Dole election cycle?

“Security risk” is an engineered, linguistic kill shot. And it is the stake-in-the-heart that will cause Clinton to drop out early or limp to the starting line (nomination) mortally wounded.

A candidate can recover from a technical security mistake caused by the people she hired. But no presidential candidate can wash-off the label of being a “major security risk.”

And how about the word “major” in that sentence. Yup, an anchor. Trump doesn’t need you to accept that the risk is major. But setting that anchor in your mind probably makes you think there is SOME security risk with Clinton that is unique. And even the smallest extra risk in this sort of situation means we all die.

A key to making a linguistic kill shot stick is that you have to pick a fresh label that doesn’t come with any baggage. If you call someone a liberal, the other side loves it, and the word is a bit ragged and empty in 2015.

But if you call Bush “low-energy” you have a fresh field. No one ever used that label for a candidate. It sticks because the label had no baggage to bring with it. Likewise, “major security risk” is a label no candidate ever had to fend off. It is fresh and sticky.

And engineered.

Still think Trump is winging it?

Funny how the "media" missed this and a number of other Trump positives.

They of course did not miss it, it just was not "worth" reporting to the peons...

This was at the bottom of Adams' blog:

Bonus Thought: This quote today from an article in BusinessInsider.com.

“According to the poll, 61% of Iowa Republicans now view him (Trump) either mostly or very favorably, compared with just 35% who see him in an unfavorable light. That’s almost directly contrasted with their views in a May poll by the same firm — then, Iowa Republicans viewed him unfavorably by a 63-27 margin.”

Right on schedule.

http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/8978181-trump-engineers-a-clinton-linguistic-kill-shot

A...

When Trump took the pledge he removed himself as a third party threat and effectively capped his campaign. All that's left is some theater. This is because he cannot take himself up to the next level respecting ideas and policies. Making deals isn't enough. Look at Obama doing that. It's dangerous if you really don't know what you're doing or, in his case, hate your own country.

--Brant

Could not agree more !

Love it !!!!! He is making nice with the eventual President !!!!!!!

Gotta love Trump !!!!!

Why do the crows around me tremble when I mention Marc's name?...

It seems like they are getting worse as time goes on...

Michael

They trembling cause they are happy that they are free , it like the feeling that Turkeys get after US Thanksgiving . I mean until the next year comes ( or in DTs case , until the next election -2020 , this time I mean it - all the war through the primaries )

They trembling cause they are happy that they are free , it like the feeling that Turkeys get after US Thanksgiving . I mean until the next year comes ( or in DTs case , until the next election -2020 , this time I mean it - all the war through the primaries )

Nah, I do not think anyone will primary The Donald when he runs for re-election in 2016...

--Brant

Could not agree more !

Try.

--Brant

Interview with Michael Savage:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Faxc_rabL-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The interesting thing to me about this particular interview is how Trump handled a weird pleading from Savage at the end. Savage openly asked Trump to appoint him head of the National Institute of Health once elected.

Now... I will predict that will never happen. Under any circumstances. A crow prediction, too. :smile:

But look how Trump stayed focused on the positive message, and kept Savage on the positive message, without giving an inch or humiliating Savage.

That is how he is going to treat special interests.

How do I know?

Because that is how he already treats them in his massive projects.

Michael

Interview with Bret Baier:

The hard-core conservative, libertarian and Objectivist ideological purists are going to go nuts because Trump said he supported eminent domain and the Kelo decision. I do not agree with Trump on this, but to me it is clear that:

1. He is only considering cases where lots of money is involved in major real estate developments, especially where holdouts make a ton-load they would never otherwise get;
  2. Sarah Palin, Mark Levin, and these kinds of people who he is surrounding himself with are going to straighten him out over time (I truly believe this);
  3. Eminent domain is a minor issue when compared to Trump's stance on immigration, health care, veterans, jobs creation, foreign policy, overhauling the tax system, abolishing regulations, and so on;
  4. Any other politician would fudge on this point for political reasons, but Trump's frank answer is an indication that we will always know where he stands (he knows this view is not popular with the people who support him); and
  5. I do not expect Trump to be perfectly aligned with all my values. He's got the big ones nailed, though.

That is the context that makes this not a deal-killer to me. I believe many people feel as I do.

Besides, Trump was brilliant during the rest of the interview. Bret got him talking in more specifics than normal about several big matters, even though Bret was a bit rude at times.

Those more interested in ideological purity will ignore the rest of this interview and focus solely on Trump's views on eminent domain. However, Trump supporters and a whole lot of independents will pay attention to the rest. 

I'm already seeing lots of comments on social media where people say they are switching over to Trump and will vote for him.

Also, I wonder if this topic will be the next media shitstorm Trump will string along and play like a virtuoso to stay in the public eye and increase his ratings.

Michael

Michael:

As Carville said, it's the economy stupid and the economy is directly tied to immigration which has to be stopped cold as it was in 1925.

There is no getting around these linked issues.

All the rest is PC noise in the communications channel...static.

A...

A question for Kelly from FOX.

I wonder if she thinks that this poll shows The Donald "losing ground" which just strangely seems to be her lead night after night...

She then rolls out the WSJ hack Marc Thiessen, who visibly sneers at Trump's name.

Quinnipiak poll shows three "swing states" that will have a decisive influence on 2016:

Florida

Trump tops the Republican primary list in Florida with 28 percent, up from 21 percent in Quinnipiac University's August 20 Swing State Poll. Carson has 16 percent with 14 percent for Rubio, 12 percent for Bush, 7 percent for Fiorina and 6 percent for Cruz. No other candidate is over 2 percent and 10 percent are undecided.

Or,

Pennsylvania

Trump's 23 percent standing among Republicans in Pennsylvania compares to 24 percent August 20. Carson is close with 17 percent, with 12 percent for Rubio, 8 percent for Fiorina, 6 percent for Cruz, 5 percent for New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie and 4 percent each for Bush and Huckabee. No other candidate tops 3 percent and 12 percent are undecided.

Or,

Ohio

Ohio Republicans go 23 percent for Trump, compared to 21 percent in August. Carson gets 18 percent, with 13 percent for Kasich, 11 percent for Cruz, 10 percent for Fiorina, 7 percent for Rubio and 4 percent for Bush. No other candidate tops 3 percent and 6 percent are undecided. Among Republicans, 29 percent say they would "definitely not support" Trump.

So, can Kelly read?

If so, why is she presenting an unfair, biased and unbalanced point of view on the Fair and Balanced cable network?

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/2016-presidential-swing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2287

A...

Michael wrote about Eminent Domain: He is only considering cases where lots of money is involved in major real estate developments, especially where holdouts make a ton-load they would never otherwise get; Sarah Palin, Mark Levin, and these kinds of people who he is surrounding himself with are going to straighten him out over time (I truly believe this);
end quote

Even with the wishful thinking involved in Michael’s observation, Trump’s doubling down on his support for Eminent Domain is a strike against him with Objectivists, conservatives, even paleo-conservatives, Tea Party members, home owners, and everyday voters. I think Trump will have trouble winning over several major demographics. I hope he assembles free market voices and Constitutionalists in his coalition and that he does it soon. I am getting sick of his refusal to admit a mistake. I am tired of Trump's thin skinned rebuttals.

Michael wrote: Eminent domain is a minor issue when compared to Trump's stance on immigration, health care, veterans, jobs creation, foreign policy, overhauling the tax system, abolishing regulations, and so on; Any other politician would fudge on this point for political reasons, but Trump's frank answer is an indication that we will always know where he stands (he knows this view is not popular with the people who support him); and I do not expect Trump to be perfectly aligned with all my values. He's got the big ones nailed, though.
end quote

Trump said his government would pay for universal health care. His government would meddle in the free market and force hospitals to charge less. And I think Trump’s proposed meddling is a form of price control as in Nixon’s time. Trump would greatly increase the power of the executive branch. He would not touch Social Security. Trump would spend a lot on his emotionally favorite projects. He would build up the military using your tax dollars, and there is NO likelihood that he will not use the military as a bargaining chip or as a way of forcing his will.

The evidence is mounting and I do not think one good point negates a bad position on Trump’s part. Instead, the bad will accumulate and outweigh the good. Yet I will hold off on strike two until more evidence is in. I am almost back where I started with Trump, but now there is more to hate.
Peter

Trump said his government would pay for universal health care. His government would meddle in the free market and force hospitals to charge less. And I think Trump’s proposed meddling is a form of price control as in Nixon’s time. Trump would greatly increase the power of the executive branch. He would not touch Social Security. Trump would spend a lot on his emotionally favorite projects. He would build up the military using your tax dollars, and there is NO likelihood that he will not use the military as a bargaining chip or as a way of forcing his will.

The evidence is mounting and I do not think one good point negates a bad position on Trump’s part. Instead, the bad will accumulate and outweigh the good. Yet I will hold off on strike two until more evidence is in. I am almost back where I started with Trump, but now there is more to hate.

Peter,

Do you believe Mark Levin is so stupid, he would fall for a new Nixon wage-price control mess, universal health care, and so on and call it good?

You really should listen to the interview above (the one in this post). Levin draws out of Trump the words that jam a monkeywrench in the automatic reaction of people who are accustomed to thinking in small government rhetoric.

(Don't forget, Levin is a small government constitutionalist--one of the best and most learned in my opinion. He is anything but a fool.)

For instance, when Trump talks about this government program or that (social security, etc.), Levin says something like, "Let me understand this correctly. You are not proposing to expand anything. The government already has this in place. You seem to be proposing to cut out waste and remanage what is already there."

Then Trump responds that he is right, and then mentions, in an offhand manner, that we need to get rid about about 90% of the regulations on the books. (In one of these exchanges, he actually said about 90% of small business regulations will fall by the wayside or something like that.)

This thinking applies when Trump says the government will pay for something (like medical bills of poor folks who cannot afford insurance or the vets). He's talking about what the government already is doing, but doing so poorly it isn't working. He isn't talking about adding a new program.

The problem with the way people think these days is that they ALWAYS expect a politician to intend increasing government controls regardless of what comes out of his or her mouth. They don't grok someone whose default mindset is to finish projects early and under budget. It's not their fault, either. All politicians have done in recent memory is increase government, with projects as smokescreens that come in late and way over budget, that is when the damn things get finished.

But I know people who work and think the way Trump does. I am sure Levin, Limbaugh and the others see what I do, too.

It's a beautiful sight once you see it. Definitely nothing to hate.

Think Objectivist epistemology. There is a difference between concept and word. A word is merely a label thrown on a concept to make it concrete enough so you can work with it and share it with others. And a concept has referents in reality.

I suggest that the words that people on our side find offensive when Trump talks about the role of government belong to the second and third definitions in the dictionary (metaphorically speaking). These words to people like Trump mean different concepts and they refer to different things in reality than normal political usage.

Trump builds things. A project for him inherently leaves traces in reality (like massive buildings), so he sees skilled people and materials when he thinks "project." To a normal politician, a project means a new law, new taxes, legal counsel and new people to manipulate for votes.

These are totally different conceptual referents.

It's luuuuuuuv, Peter, not hate.

Michael

Ha!

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) {  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3";  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-post" data-href="

data-width="500"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="
><p>To the Media pundits and Politicians that said he poll numbers dropped, "Take notice baby" Donald J. Trump is still on Top! #stillwinning</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/theviewersview">Diamond And Silk</a> on <a href="
>Wednesday, October 7, 2015</a></blockquote></div></div>

Michael