Donald Trump

9 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

If that's what he is saying, he has it very wrong.

Korben,

There is a question nobody has asked up to now.

Where did he get that notion of Rand from? (Irvine? :evil: )

What Rand-lovers around him talk to him about her ideas? (Yes, there are some very Rand-friendly people around him.)

For example, in the Q&A to the talk at the link above, but reposted below for convenience, Bannon mentioned the Eric Cantor overthrow in Virginia. He didn't talk about David Brat in this Q&A, but he supported Brat and Brat is a supporter of Ayn Rand, albeit he's not a Randian.

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

btw - Read that Q&A if you wish. I think you will be heartened by the worldview.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I hold that philosophy (and law) are made for human beings ... The following is tricky and I'm not certain on legalities, but I hold psychological bullying of a kid is evil.

I've addressed it several times. If a kid cries out in anguish, any doctor, neighbor, passerby can raise the alarm. Where it gets really slippery is public schools, when kids are crippled by teachers. I had to intervene several times because my kid got punched and kicked by a teacher's child in her class -- a really unqualified teacher to boot.

However, that's not the core legal problem. Government of any kind has to address and deal with parties in dispute, the combined might of a community, and custody of people who are legally or mentally incapable of conducting their own affairs. Evil is fairly straightforward. Custody isn't. Compelling testimony is legal aggression. Losing an election is a catastrophe for special snowflakes and schoolteachers.

"I couldn't stop crying!" and "I vomited!" are dispositive proof that Trump is a bad man -- not that these people are mentally unbalanced. Their own paranoia is cited to show how evil their enemies are. [Ann Coulter column today]

and the subject of child abuse...

"Compelling testimony is legal aggression." Would you unpack this a bit?

If I witness a crime am I not complicit in that crime if I refuse to be a witness, all else being equal? I am not talking about an ancillary consideration such as fearing for my life, etc. The only cost is going to court and testifying. I see this as the basic question and want to know if you take issue with any complicity.

--Brant

17 hours ago, Mikee said:

" a man with no consistent ideological grounding, "

A man with a perfectly consistent ideological grounding is like a broken clock.  When right, absolutely right!  But wrong most of the time.  See "The True Believer".

A person with consistent ideological grounding   tells  the right time  twice a day.  

Reactions to the President-elect are turning vile, even here, so hateful that in fact the Left's true colours have clearly emerged. Social Democrats, they might call themselves, but neither social nor democratic are they. The majority has spoken, live with it, put up and shut up.

1 hour ago, anthony said:

Reactions to the President-elect are turning vile, even here, so hateful that in fact the Left's true colours have clearly emerged. Social Democrats, they might call themselves, but neither social nor democratic are they. The majority has spoken, live with it, put up and shut up.

The Hillary got a high popular vote count than the Donald.  So the majority has spoken,  but that is not how we elect a president under our constitution. 

Hahahaha...

Yesterday, Trump met with Bill de Blasio, the mayor of New York City.

After listening to de Blasio go on and on about inclusiveness, diversity, oppression, how fearful the residents of the city are, how government leaders have to keep the big picture of big social issues in mind, they finally got down to business.

A lot of traffic jams are occurring around Trump Tower and the city is going into holiday mode, so Mayor Bill de Blasio needs President-elect Donald Trump to fix New York's traffic for him.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 will be a start. I don’t like people using public office as a springboard to reap corrupt wealth. But, I have just always been of two minds about term limits, though it makes great sense for the Presidency to have a two term limit. I would not want to wave bye to Ted Cruz or Rand Paul. Does England or other countries have limits on their Parliaments? I doubt the House of Lords does but that is antiquated.     

Earlier, I only heard one sentence on Fox before I had to leave but it was intriguing. President Trump will help Americans save trillions of dollars by eliminating thousands of regulations. Trillions with a “T.”

Peter 

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

How about Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi?

:)

Michael

Is that "Taps" I hear?

From the Hollywood Reporter, Tom Hanks: We are going to be all right because we constantly get to tell the world who we are. We constantly get to define ourselves as American. We do have the greatest country in the world. We move at a slow pace. We have the greatest country in the world because we are always moving towards a more perfect union. That journey never ceases, it never stops. Sometimes, to quote a Springsteen song, it’s “one step forward, two steps back,” but we still aggregately move forward. We, who are a week into wondering what the hell just happened, will continue to move forward. We have to choose to do so, but we will move forward because if we do not move forward, what is to be said of us? This is the United States of America. We’ll go on. There’s great like-minded people out there who are Americans first and Republicans or Democrats second. I hope the president-elect does such a great job that I vote for his re-election in four years. end quote

More badassery:

and

Michael

12 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

The Hillary got a high popular vote count than the Donald.  So the majority has spoken,  but that is not how we elect a president under our constitution. 

The candidates were running for the electorial votes. As someone else said, if it were by popular vote each would have waged a different campaign.

Then there's that ole voter fraudie thingy.

--Brant

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

The candidates were running for the electorial votes. As someone else said, if it were by popular vote each would have waged a different campaign.

Brant,

Trump himself said it:

and

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump himself said it:

So Trump hypothetically wins?

5 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

So Trump hypothetically wins?

Korben,

No.

Donald Trump definitively won.

He is saying here that the legal rules were one way, so he campaigned in reality one way and kicked Clinton's ass. If the legal rules were different, he would have campaigned in a different manner and kicked Clinton's ass.

In other words, Trump adapts the legal rules to the reality he encounters, then adjusts his strategies accordingly. And he wins. He likes to produce and he likes to win.

That's why he builds big beautiful skyscrapers and runs them within capitalism and dogmatic ideologues do not.

Michael

1 hour ago, merjet said:

Merlin,

LOL...

I expect there is going to be a bunch of companies that had no plans--none, do you hear me, not one--to move out of the USA, but decided to stay and will take the effort to tell the president-elect they decided to stay.

Michael

57 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Mike Pompeo CIA director.

Not badass...

Wait and see...

Michael

I dont know about that. #1 in his West Point class. Owned and sold a successful business. A lawyer. And has been openly critical of Obama.

Reading his views I see that hes for bringing Snowden back and executing him. While I appreciate Snowden committed an unlawful treasonous act, I will forever be in his debt as the person who revealed NSA's spy program. I dont know if those revelations contributed to public knowledge which ultimately led to public pressure and Apples' subsequent approach to their software that made them unbreakable. But anything that can cast a light on the internal workings of big brother are good things to know. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pompeo

I know Sly is a Trump supporter. Perhaps Rambo?

Hoekstra is the other mention, a congressman for 28 yrs. Ugh!