Donald Trump

btw - I love the moments when Trump invades an interviewer's space. Like when he told Chuck Todd just now that Todd's ratings will probably increase because he is interviewing Trump.

It's a hoot to see the sanctimonious Social Justice Warrior suddenly turn RESPECTFUL.

VEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRYYY RESPECTFUL...

I love these moments, probably because I love watching covert manipulation get blown out of the water in real time like a pompous man slipping on a banana as he is dissing someone he considers inferior. That might be my favorite brand of comedy.

Michael

Michael:

I just watched The Fountainhead on TCM [Turner Classic Movies].

I think that Roger Enright is comparable to The Donald.

Just substitute coal mines for the Wharton School and the Manhattan real estate jungle.

Particularly when he explains the Enright House and how and why it exists and how and why he wanted Howard.

The quaint manual typed letter he receives at the Connecticut granite quarry, with the P.S. "I've seen your buildings."

A...

geez Howard "drilling" into the hard granite with Dominique The Debutante vicariously visualizing is quite amusing.

Adam,

It looks like Trump was smart to go after Fox the way he did and keep his other media stuff running on full throttle.

News Corp owns Fox and Rubio has just been chosen by News Corp insiders to trump Trump:

News Corp chief tips Rubio to trump Trump
by Jamie Smyth
Aug 14, 2015

Financial Times

I'll let people read the article if they want. After all, this is a Trump thread.

But I will make a couple of comments.

I believe the News Corp people are thinking about Rubio the same way a company thinks about a new employee--get a young one who looks and acts like a company man so the company's investment in him (or her) will pay dividends for a longer time than with an older person who has his own mind (like Trump).

But the kicker for me is the name of the News Corp chief who "fell in love" with Rubio:

Mr. Thomson

That's not Mr. Thompson, but it's pretty damn close.

:smile:

Michael

I thought Donald looked a bit airsick when he got out of his helicopter and I thought the heat of the Iowa Fair was getting to him, though he was using a golf cart. And maybe he was tired of traveling, but is he tired of campaigning too? He is beholden to know one and if he should ever decide to bow out I bet it will be a ten second decision. I'm out.

Does he have any medical problems? I just went to four dentists in two weeks and had a molar extracted on Friday. It was NOT an old root canal like I thought. Not the gum which was hurting in one spot, but it was a cavity. I fixed that but still had pain. Then another tooth was diagnosed as bad and pulled since it was not matched with a tooth on top. I rarely let my regular dentist take an Xray. That may not have been smart. They prescribed me ten dopey pills but I only used about one and a half. I got some literature about implants. They sound like a good deal, and I might get two of them.

I thought Donald looked a bit airsick when he got out of his helicopter and I thought the heat of the Iowa Fair was getting to him, though he was using a golf cart. And maybe he was tired of traveling, but is he tired of campaigning too? He is beholden to know one and if he should ever decide to bow out I bet it will be a ten second decision. I'm out.

Does he have any medical problems? I just went to four dentists in two weeks and had a molar extracted on Friday. It was NOT an old root canal like I thought. Not the gum which was hurting in one spot, but it was a cavity. I fixed that but still had pain. Then another tooth was diagnosed as bad and pulled since it was not matched with a tooth on top. I rarely let my regular dentist take an Xray. That may not have been smart. They prescribed me ten dopey pills but I only used about one and a half. I got some literature about implants. They sound like a good deal, and I might get two of them.

When I had orthodontia in the late 1950s I had X-ray after X-ray. Those old X-ray machines used much more radiation than you'll ever get from modern dental X-rays. I'm still not waiting for the brain cancer--or Godot.

--Brant

research: radiation hormesis

See we all knew he would never be specific!!

Always work in threes...

Immigration Reform That Will Make America Great Again

The three core principles of Donald J. Trump's immigration plan

When politicians talk about “immigration reform” they mean: amnesty, cheap labor and open borders. The Schumer-Rubio immigration bill was nothing more than a giveaway to the corporate patrons who run both parties.

Real immigration reform puts the needs of working people first – not wealthy globetrotting donors. We are the only country in the world whose immigration system puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own. That must change. Here are the three core principles of real immigration reform:

1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.

2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.

3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

OK ... OK

So it has nineteen (19) specifics, however, when is he going to flesh them out?

Oops...

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

For many years, Mexico’s leaders have been taking advantage of the United States by using illegal immigration to export the crime and poverty in their own country (as well as in other Latin American countries). They have even published pamphlets on how to illegally immigrate to the United States. The costs for the United States have been extraordinary: U.S. taxpayers have been asked to pick up hundreds of billions in healthcare costs, housing costs, education costs, welfare costs, etc. Indeed, the annual cost of free tax credits alone paid to illegal immigrants quadrupled to $4.2 billion in 2011. The effects on jobseekers have also been disastrous, and black Americans have been particularly harmed.

The impact in terms of crime has been tragic. In recent weeks, the headlines have been covered with cases of criminals who crossed our border illegally only to go on to commit horrific crimes against Americans. Most recently, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, with a long arrest record, is charged with breaking into a 64 year-old women’s home, crushing her skull and eye sockets with a hammer, raping her, and murdering her. The Police Chief in Santa Maria says the “blood trail” leads straight to Washington.

In 2011, the Government Accountability Office found that there were a shocking 3 million arrests attached to the incarcerated alien population, including tens of thousands of violent beatings, rapes and murders.

Meanwhile, Mexico continues to make billions on not only our bad trade deals but also relies heavily on the billions of dollars in remittances sent from illegal immigrants in the United States back to Mexico ($22 billion in 2013 alone).

In short, the Mexican government has taken the United States to the cleaners. They are responsible for this problem, and they must help pay to clean it up.

The cost of building a permanent border wall pales mightily in comparison to what American taxpayers spend every single year on dealing with the fallout of illegal immigration on their communities, schools and unemployment offices.

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Well, that's just one!

OK more than one is fleshed out...

Defend The Laws And Constitution Of The United States

America will only be great as long as America remains a nation of laws that lives according to the Constitution. No one is above the law. The following steps will return to the American people the safety of their laws, which politicians have stolen from them:

Adam,

LOL...

Trump critics seem to think he is the kind of person who never heard of a business plan--that he says, "I think I want to build a skyscraper over there," then takes a gob of money and corrupts politicians with it, and uses tricks to get other people to build the damn thing for him. And as gravy, he cuts everybody out in the end and slaps his name on it.

:smile:

Listen to their criticisms. They actually think this is how Trump runs his business and how he would govern.

But look at Trump's core constituency so far. Rather than the illiterate old white bigots that his enemies try to paint, Trump supporters come from all demographics. But you can find one core value in all of them--they are people devoted to doing productive work to the best of their ability. They are either doing it or trying to find some so they can do it.

These people know who is able to devise and work a business plan, who bluffs, who plans for evil, and who doesn't have a clue. All you have to do is listen to how they talk about others in their respective fields.

Michael

Michael:

I am still astounded by even OLers who sneer at Trump for various "high crimes and misdemeanors" in the business world.

At any rate, I was checking a few of the columns on Drudge and pulled up Sarah's Facebook link.

And looky here, it is that bomb throwing Southern dude...

Erick Erickson,

Today a friend forwarded your apology for mocking my family – again – and in answer to your point, yes, I do remember people taking repeated potshots at my family, friends, and supporters (many of whom politely pointed out to you and your staffers that the sleazy photoshopped picture you ran of me was indeed fake, but were dismissed and mocked repeatedly for doing so.) Also, in your summary of our interactions, you forgot to mention things like your public comparison of me to L. Ron Hubbard (and not in a way that would make Tom Cruise proud). Apparently you’ve forgotten your other indiscretions, including elevating your staffer, Mr. Wolf, who has been trashing my daughter and entire family on Twitter for days now. Adult males like y’all are just delightful to work with in that GOP machine. Since your man there appears to be your go-to-guy when you want to diss me or my family, try telling him that your organization’s gleeful perpetuation of your problems involving taking unwarranted shots at various conservatives makes it almost silly to take seriously your after-you’ve-been-busted apologies. But thanks for suggesting one anyway today; it’s accepted.

And since we’re clearing the air here, you need to make peace with Mr. Trump and Dr. Carson, whom you also delight in besmirching. They are obviously very sharp, successful, courageous men who certainly did not draw first blood in the battles you picked with them. Do it, so we may have a strong, positive, uncensored primary to elect the strongest nominee to assure there is no “third term” for Barack Obama. And just so you know going forward, a mama grizzly is always going to defend her cubs – especially from a Wolf.

- Sarah Palin

PS: By the way, Erick, it’s August. Why don’t you chill out while Donald Trump brings 24 million people to watch Republican debates, when these debates are full of talented, well-spoken individuals advocating beautifully for our shared values?

These folks are really sad.

A...

Glenn Beck earlier made a public appeal to Hannity and other famous conservative celebrities asking them why they didn't bash Trump like he does. What did they see in him?

Sean Hannity replied and Glenn posted it on his Facebook feed. Hannity gave one of the best political explanations of Trump's appeal that I have seen so far. I still think Trump's deepest appeal is the story and archetype of the competent productive doer who doesn't take crap from anyone, but Hannity is discussing this from a purely political standpoint.

If you have time, I highly recommend reading this.

Glenn,

You are a friend and a patriot who has asked an honest and thoughtful question, and I will attempt to answer it in this post.

You asked, "Can we actually have a civil discourse based on facts? Not on emotion or feelings?" Of course we can! For all of you leftists out there in the media and elsewhere hoping this will become a "food fight," you will be extremely disappointed.

Let me first point out that I am personally UNDECIDED as to whom I I will support in the GOP primaries. The good news is the Iowa Caucus is February 1, 2016. That gives us over 5 1/2 months before the REAL process begins in deciding who the Republican presidential nominee will be. Five and a half months is an eternity in political terms.

A lot can and will happen between now and then. Some candidates will trip and fall or stumble. Some will recover and others may not. Polls will shift, debates will hopefully enlighten, and voters (that is, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE) will decide which way this is going to go.

This is not my first rodeo. I began my talk radio journey in 1987. I am about to begin my 20th year on the Fox News Channel. I have followed presidential politics closely since my early teens. I often remind both my listeners and viewers that this is a PROCESS. We do not have to decide today.

As a registered conservative in New York state, I only have one vote. From a voting perspective, I will have no say, really, in deciding who the Republican presidential nominee will be in 2016. Just as I have in past presidential cycles, I feel I can best serve both my television and radio audiences by giving them as much access as possible to all of the candidates so they can make an informed decision in the primary.

For example, in just the last 2 weeks I have had on both radio and TV Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ben Carson, Scott Walker, Carly Fiorina, John Kasich Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, and Chris Christie.

I have given many of the candidates a FULL hour on my TV show, as well. My plan is to continue to offer all the candidates more airtime throughout the entire process.

As I mentioned, I have two jobs that I love to do every day (which is to build an audience, and to generate revenue), but that is not my primary motivation. As somebody who follows the news closely every day, I am extremely concerned about the direction of the country and the world in general.

In my view, America is at a crossroads -- a tipping point. To me, this election is not about ME OR WHO I VOTE FOR. I personally want the most CONSERVATIVE candidate (because conservatism works) with the best, most inspiring solutions for the country; someone who can passionately articulate those solutions, and win.

Which Republican candidate can offer solutions that will:

1. Create jobs and help the 93 million Americans who are out of the labor force get back to work

2. Help get nearly 50 million Americans out of poverty

3. Help nearly 46 million Americans who are on food stamps get back to work

4. Stop robbing future generations with record debt and deficits. We now have over 18 trillion dollars in debt and over 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

5. Balance the budget, force the government to live within its means, and lower taxes by transforming our tax code

6. Save Social Security (because the "Lock Box" has been stolen)

7. Save Medicare

8. Repeal Obamacare, and hopefully replace it with personal healthcare savings accounts

9. Make America energy independent. This would create jobs, lower the cost of energy, and reduce our dependence on imported oil from countries that hate us.

10. Protect our borders from those who do not respect our laws and sovereignty, and those who enter the country to cause us harm

11. Transform a broken educational system and replace public schools with school choice for parents and kids trapped in failing schools

12. End burdensome regulations

13. Restore constitutional order and separation of powers with co-equal branches of government as our founders intended

14. Identify by name our biggest enemy (radical Islamists) and take every step necessary to defeat this evil

15. Undo this horrific, naive, and incredibly dangerous deal with the radical Mullahs in Iran that chant death to America

16. Restore America's sacred and special relationship with Israel

17. Empower moderate nations and people in the Middle East and elsewhere to defeat enemies in the region

18. Confront Putin with strength to stop his geopolitical ambitions

19. Confront China and thwart its geopolitical ambitions and unfair trade practices

20. Commit to the idea that America is the single greatest force for good in the world, and that America's role is to lead the fight for freedom around the world

This is only a short list of challenges we now face as a country. As our mutual friend "The Great One," Mark Levin, says, we are living in a post constitutional America. I have a sense of urgency that I have never had before in my life that the "America" we love and grew up in is slipping away, literally hanging in the balance. Now is NOT the time for half measures It is time, as Reagan said, for a "revitalized second party with no pale pastels but BOLD COLORED DIFFERENCES."

I am extremely disappointed with current congressional "leadership," as they have failed to keep their most BASIC promises. They refused to use their constitutional authority of the power of the purse to defund Obamacare. They caved on their main 2014 campaign promise to stop Obama's illegal and unconstitutional executive amnesty. And they are generally weak, timid and afraid to confront Obama for fear they will be blamed for a government shutdown.

With that said I am greatly encouraged by many of the 17 candidates currently running for the GOP nomination.

Sen. Ted Cruz has shown a willingness few in Congress have shown TO FIGHT! His filibuster in 2013 was inspiring, as is his willingness to take on his own party.

Sen. Rand Paul's reminders about limited government and fidelity to the Constitution is similarly refreshing.

Sen. Marco Rubio offers an extremely bright, articulate and friendly vision of conservatism that will inspire many Americans.

Former Sen. Rick Santorum is making a strong push to rebuild the "Reagan Coalition" and is articulating how blue collar voters will benefit under conservatism.

Gov. Scott Walker has shown that a conservative can win in a blue state, and turn deficits into surpluses, create jobs, and he was willing to put his political career on the line for his conservative beliefs.

Gov. John Kasich similarly took record deficits in Ohio and turned them into record surpluses. He also created hundreds of thousands of jobs. While budget chairman in DC, Kasich was the architect of REAL BALANCED BUDGETS.

Gov. Jeb Bush's record in Florida is equally impressive. He created 1.4 million jobs, the nations first school voucher program, and produced balanced budgets.

Gov. Rick Perry, but for his leadership in Texas, America would have experienced a NET loss of jobs in Obama's first term. Obama owes Gov. Perry a debt of gratitude.

Gov. Bobby Jindal, who is young, bright, and vibrant, had massive reductions in the size of government, vouchers, and a proven willingness to take on the status quo.

Gov. Mike Huckabee deserves major kudos for his commitment to religious freedom, the Constitution and the Fair Tax, which, I believe, will transform the American economy for the better.

Gov. Chris Christie deserves credit for taking on the third rail in politics, i.e., ENTITLEMENTS! The bottom line is we have been lied to and stolen from, and unless we deal with these entitlements (which have become the majority of government spending), our kids will not have a future.

Dr. Ben Carson has articulated a version of common sense, conservatism, and courage in confronting Obama that congressional Republicans should learn from. His vision for healthcare savings accounts is the perfect antidote to Obamacare.

Carly Fiorina has been nothing short of inspiring in confronting Hillary Clinton's moral, ethical, and legal deficiencies. Her knowledge of the economy and world affairs has captivated the country.

Now, I could point out areas of disagreement and deficiencies in all the candidates ... but I will leave that to the voters and the liberal Obama-loving media. The Republican field of candidates offer a far more inspiring vision for our country than either Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders. If conservative principles are implemented we can save and preserve the country for our kids and grandkids.

My hope is that the GOP candidates will all push each other to become stronger in their commitment to this conservative vision -- all of which will get this country back on track before we become another version of Greece.

Now to Mr Trump: The first debate attracted 24 million Americans, by far a cable television record. There is zero doubt in my mind that he was a big part of that record breaking debate.

By comparison, the first Republican debate of the 2012 cycle hosted by Fox News in May 2011, drew just 3.2 million viewers, according to Nielsen. Its highest-rated Republican debate (in 2012) drew 6.7 million viewers.

Kudos to Donald Trump for creating an audience that not only benefitted him, but every other candidate and the entire country. He single handedly made politics refreshingly fun, unpredictable and interesting. That is a great benefit to the country.

Now to your specific points, because you said you "really want to understand."

First you wrote:

"I get that Trump is reflective of what people are feeling; secure the border; fight to win; don't give in to China, etc. I really do understand that he is saying things that people are feeling. Justifiably.

"I get the fact that he is saying that America is a great place and that we can be great again. That is rare and refreshing.

I understand that he is seen, and has the proof in New York City, as a guy who can get things done.

I understand and like the fact that he just says what he is thinking. No politically correct BS, no focus groups, and he does it with out apologizing."

My only comment to this, Glenn, is ... you are answering your own question in many ways. These are not insignificant things. Why, at this early stage, would you be so dismissive?

1. Fight to win

2. Stand up to China

3. Make America great again

4. Trump has a track record of getting the job done

5. Secure the border

6. Straight talking, non-politically correct politician!

To address what you say you do not understand:

1. "He is part of the problem when he, by his own admission, buys politicians":

How refreshingly honest that he admits what we all know. I asked him about this and he answered by saying he "hates" the system, wants to change it, but as a businessman he played the game. I applaud the honesty and desire to change it.

2. Trump "identifies his policies more as a Democrat; he makes President Obama look truly humble..."

If you are looking for humble, Trump is not your guy.

As for his political views I asked him a number of times about it, including this week. He was clear that he was once a Democrat and changed his views. You will have to decide for yourself how sincere he is. My sense is that he is sincere. He is correct in pointing out that Reagan was was a pro-choice Democrat who also evolved.

Glenn, one of the things I admire about you is how you have changed. Your life story is extremely compelling because of the significant changes you have made in your life.

You are not shy about pointing out how you once led a pretty fast life. (I did, too, when I was young, as we have all sinned and fallen short), how you found your faith, how you changed your politics, and how your thinking evolved by studying our founders and framers. I read that you recently became a libertarian. I like the changes you have made and your willingness to share those things with your audience. Are you a better person as a result of these changes? My guess is you are.

3. Trump was very pro-abortion until very recently.

His answer at the debate was extremely compelling, about how his views changed. He said he changed his mind because of a child that was going to be aborted, but then wasn't. That is believable to me. Do you think he is lying about that?

4. He still says, "Don't defund planned parenthood ..."

I asked him about that this week, and he was very clear that funding would be dependent on whether Planned Parenthood gets out of the abortion business. Personally, with our debt situation, and with what Planned Parenthood has done, I wouldn't give them a penny.

5. Trump is pro- "assault weapon ban ..."

He said to me he that he "was" for the ban, past tense. He now has a pistol carry-permit in NYC and said he believes law-abiding Americans should have the right to "carry."

6. He is in favor of a wealth tax that would just "take money out of people's bank accounts ..."

I also asked him about this earlier this week. He said when he supported this one-time tax on the very wealthy that we were at a point when, if implemented, the tax would have paid off the entire federal debt. He wanted this coupled with a balanced budget amendment. My impression of this was that it would be meant as a patriotic gesture by those who have greatly benefitted from the American Dream. Misguided, well intentioned, perhaps. But he says he is against it now.

7. Trump "says he is for boots on the ground in Iraq, and for 'taking the oil' from the Iraqi people..."

Mr. Trump and I disagreed about the Iraq war; I was for it and he was against it. But I loved his idea of making Iraq pay for its own liberation. I also love the idea of Iraq paying the families of nearly 5,000 Americans who were killed fighting in that war. They deserve that money. They deserve millions of dollars. Similarly, so do those soldiers and families that suffered severe injuries. It's the least Iraq should do for them.

As far as Trump's plan against Isis of creating a perimeter around the oil fields, which is their main financial source for terror? I like that idea, if it is a part of a more comprehensive plan of defeating them. Americans died in Mosul, Ramadi, Fallujah and Tikrit, cities now controlled by Isis. They are modern day Nazis and are getting stronger and richer and more evil every day. I have one caveat: IF AMERICA FIGHTS ANY WAR, WE MUST WIN IT AND WIN IT QUICKLY. NO MORE POLITICALLY CORRECT WARS THAT ARE POLITICIZED AND THEN ABANDONED.

This out of the box thinking is refreshing. Why didn't Iraq pay our military heroes?

8. Trump is a progressive "republican ..."

He says he is a conservative. It's up to you as to what you want to believe.

9. He says single payer healthcare works; he would give people more than just Obama care ...

Again, this week, in his interview with me, Trump went into great detail about how he supports healthcare savings accounts to replace Obamacare. I have been an advocate of healthcare savings accounts since reading the book by the Cato institute, "Patient Power." A GREAT IDEA.

10. The First Lady would be the first to have posed nude in lesbian porno shots ...

I thought you were libertarian? Also I go back to the fact that you have changed. Trump's wife is a mother and what she did in the past doesn't make my top 10,000 list of problems we face as a country.

11. He said he keeps all the Bibles he is given in a "special place," outside the city -- and he only goes to church on Christmas and Easter ...

I have met atheists and agnostics who seem more in awe of and dazzled by the majesty of God's creation than those who can cite every chapter and verse. To me, religion is a deeply, deeply held personal issue that involves the heart. I am a Christian but a deeply flawed one who regularly needs forgiveness. Having been raised a Catholic, I also have issues with the "church" since sex scandal. I have never lost faith in God. The Bible does say, "... The Kingdom of Heaven is within us," and instructs us to "go into our closets and pray." I hope for Trump's sake, and for everybody's sake, that he has peace in his faith; I know I do.

12. Trump is generally not a likable guy ...

The polls show Republicans like Trump at this moment more than the other candidates. I have known him for years and have found him to be extremely likable and engaging.

13. He has around 16 percent favorability with Hispanics ...

I also saw a poll where he was leading with Hispanic voters in Nevada. IMHO, it's too early to conclude where that settles out.

14. He has gone bankrupt four times.

I thought his explanation at the debate was extremely solid. He never went bankrupt personally, and of the hundreds of business deals he has been involved in, four of them didn't work out well. Shouldn't that be balanced out with all of the deals he has made that have been successful? I think that is only fair. How many jobs has he created over the years? How many careers were made because of his risk taking. Also the proof is in the pudding. He has by every measure been an extremely successful businessman who has made billions of dollars. Not something many people can pull off. I admire success stories. If Trump was president, and he made hundreds of decisions and only four of them went badly, we would likely be in pretty good shape.

15. Just based on his favorability ratings, he could never win in a general. Research shows that he may be near his ceiling now ...

In the end, that's up to the American people to decide, not us.

In conclusion, Glenn, I repeat ... I am personally undecided at this point. But I am glad Donald Trump is in this race. I like his straightforward outsider's view of politics. His personality and background are impressive and refreshing. I like anybody who is not politically correct.

I hope his outspokenness and his courage rubs off on his fellow Republicans, who have all become stale, timid, weak, and generally (especially in DC) useless. Many Republicans can learn a thing or two from Trump.

We have 5 1/2 months until the Iowa caucuses. My promise is to dig deeper into the questions you and others have raised that deserve answers. I also promise to give Mr. Trump and every other candidate a fair shot to explain their views in detail. I think a FAIR SHOT is the best way to serve my audience. Then it's up to the American people, as it should be.

My hope and prayer is that we elect a bold, inspiring conservative visionary who will undo the damage caused by Obama and leftist politicians, and that we can work together to save the country we both love.

Best always,

Sean

Glenn is going to devote a show to Hannity's reply tomorrow. Let's see if he actually groks what Hannity is saying or if he lets the cybernetic system of his core story (the meek shall inherit the earth a la Ghandi, MLK, Bonhoeffer, etc.) course correct him back to bashing the strong, thus bashing Trump.

My bet is he will try to be objective, but his core story will win out. People's core stories generally do.

At least, for now, he is sharing Hannity's reply without edit or comment. That shows the good will to let people see and decide for themselves.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Michael

Sheesh. Bambi? A 99 point plan? Are you becoming a Thumper? Oh, its Trumper. Well, what would Ayn think? She would like him, but not endorse him? Well, come on Michael. Ayn was kind of boyish, so give me a break. Seriously? How can he sell himself to the women voters? And please no emotional transference. So he wins Iowa and New Hampshire. What comes next?

Let's see what happens tomorrow? Ok, its almost 1am here. Good night.

One Trump. Two Trump. Three Trump . . .

Donald said pissed, mommy. What's not to like?

From Yahoo News. Donald Trump has said global warming is a hoax created by the Chinese so that the United States would not be competitive in manufacturing, a contention scientists scoff at. The billionaire reality TV star also has criticized the Obama administration for “the billions it pissed away” investing in failed green energy projects. On numerous occasions, Trump has brought up the persistence of temperate zone seasons as an argument against the existence of climate change. “It’s snowing & freezing in NYC. What the hell ever happened to global warming?” he tweeted in March 2013.

Ted Cruz, U.S. senator from Texas Anthropogenic climate change: pseudoscience Ted Cruz said global warming is not happening and dismissed it as a “pseudoscientific theory” in a conversation with Yahoo global news anchor Katie Couric. “Satellite data shows there has been no significant recorded warming — none. When the satellites are measuring the temperature, it’s not happening,” he said. Cruz claimed that politicians who want more control over people’s lives are pushing climate change.

There is climate change and there is global warming--since the Little Ice Age (think Valley Forge and the Thames freezing over and walking from Manhattan to Staten Island [on the ice])--and with just as much scientific assurredness we can say there has yet to be any warming (or cooling) caused by human action or endeavor. We can also so say CO2 is good for life and by putting more into the atmosphere we are encouraging more plant and animal life on our humble planet.

--Brant

hooray for humanity!

The pruning begins in six months. February Monday, February 1 Iowa caucus - Tuesday, February 9 New Hampshire. As Michael humorously mentioned, after Iowa and New Hampshire come the other states. And Trump will continue to get the most votes for a while, but then the field narrows. A lot of women are predicting that Trump will NOT get a majority of the women’s vote, and that ultimately would mean less than 50 percent of Republican primary voters. So, do a lot of women know what they are talking about? Are they in touch with more women who won’t vote for Trump, and on and on . . ? I heard of a story where Trump sent England’s Princess Di flowers after she divorced Charles, and he courted her. Wouldn’t she have been a great trophy wife? Tick. Tick. Tick.

On to Saturday, February 20 Nevada caucus (Dem) South Carolina (GOP), Tuesday, February 23 Nevada caucus (GOP), Saturday, February 27 South Carolina (Dem). I bet we will be down to 8 candidates after these dates.

Now we reach March and Super Tuesday. Tuesday, March 1 Alabama Arkansas Colorado caucuses Georgia Massachusetts Minnesota caucuses North Carolina Oklahoma Tennessee Texas Vermont Virginia.

I DON'T think the pollsters are ready to go out on a limb quite yet but what do Trump supporters predict? I will boldly predict that the more candidates there are, the bigger will be Trump’s percentage. Conversely, the fewer the candidates there are, the smaller will be Trump’s percentage, and he will never reach 50 percent, which is up from my last prediction that he would never reach 30 percent.

How about an Objectivist Living prediction contest just before Iowa and New Hampshire? Losers donate X amount of dollars or Euro’s to this site?

Anyone want to guess where these two opening paragraphs in a digital newspaper came from?

Nothing these days in the world of real politik surprises me; so when I learned that American property mogul Donald Trump declared his candidacy to be the next present twit of America it came as no shock. What did surprise (appalled even more) me though was the extent of the liberal MSM's vitriol directed towards the billionaire businessman after he surged to the lead in many of the national polls.

No-one believes the MSM

A prime‐time example: Trump's interview with CNN's silver fox, the uber liberal Anderson Cooper. After the midget reporter tried to cold‐cock him with an innocuous meaningless poll that cast him in a negative light, and falling fast, Trump fired back. And did he ever. His counter punch, a short, sharp, crisp right upper‐cut landed squarely on Cooper's weak jaw; closed his mouth down. Trump's response bears repeating. "No one believes you (the MSM)!"

A...

As I predicted, right on cue, Glenn is sticking with his core story. Either that, or he's trying to save face by allowing himself to gradually be persuaded (so to speak). But that doesn't sound like him to me.

I think Glenn converted to a Christian core story that the meek shall inherit the earth, meaning meekness is now the nature of his strength (with Gandhi, MLK, etc. as examples), and, in this interpretation, it means he is supposed to despise outward strength like Trump's on principle.

I want to tell him (in his language) that God made the lamb and the lion and loves both, but I am pretty sure it would fall on deaf ears.

Beck Says ‘We’re at an Impasse’ After Hannity Responds to His ‘Honest Question’ on Trump

I only see two outcomes here. Either Glenn gradually comes over to the position of Hannity, Levin, Coulter, etc., or he is going to end up fighting with them. I see no possibility of him convincing them of his view.

I predict the fight.

Why?

Trump supporters are not going anywhere. And core stories are powerful subconscious cybernetic systems.

Michael