Donald Trump

13 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

David,

If that is what you think the Trump supporters think and the way they think, I actually do have a leg up...

Here's just one nuance. They don't think India and so on are stealing American jobs. They think the crony capitalists and government officials are such morons, they caused this situation and ignored that they were screwing their own constituents. They don't blame the Chinese or Indians or Mexicans or whatnot. They blame the morons who are giving America away for whatever reason they do it.

Michael

I said one example.   I don't think anybody needs to be subjected to everything my father said at the dinner table. 

So you don't think Trump supporters blame the Mexicans for any of America's problems?

Come on, man. 

1 minute ago, PDS said:

So you don't think Trump supporters blame the Mexicans for any of America's problems?

Come on, man. 

David,

I don't think they blame the Mexicans for our piss-poor border.

And I do think they believe that solving the border and deporting the illegals (or getting them legal by having them leave and coming back in with correct documentation) will solve most of the problems with Mexicans.

From the people I know, they like Mexicans who follow the rules.

Michael

Donald Trump just exposed America's dirty little secret 

"[Trump] recognizes that we have a bubble and he wants to make America great again," Schiff said, adding that of all the candidates he has the best understanding of how bad the problems are.

"To get great again we need to recreate what made us great in the first place, and so we're going to have to let interest rates go up," Schiff added. "A big part of that is admitting that we aren't going to be able to re-pay the debt."

Repay the debt to whom? It's dollar debt. Push a button and there's more dollars. When the Treasury issues a T-Bill and it's purchased someone or some entity gives it dollars which in turn are spent, mostly right into the domestic economy. Dollar debt is de jure, not de facto. There is no real national debt. There are national problems consequent to all this, but not debt. What's madness is reducing the national debt. Here would come the recession-depression to match the one in the 1930s. Trump could turn into the next Herbert Hoover--protectionism and the gross contraction of the money supply, etc. Oh, yes, maybe a war too. R E A L  B I G  W A R.

--Brant

I don't know anything about this guy, but he claims to have insider information and is confident of his prediction. And he claims to have made other correct predictions during this primary cycle based on insider information.

So here it is for what it's worth. It still needs to be confirmed before anyone can say this is a fact, but it could be an advance notice.

Ted Cruz Will Actively Campaign For Donald Trump
by David Spuria
The American Independent (blog)
May 9, 2016

From the blog post:

Spuria said:

First, the American Independent is a blog. We are not a hard news site. But we do get information from many underground sources. Our rate of accuracy is fairly high. We predicted that Bobby Jindal would leave the presidential race the day before he actually did.

. . .

Former Cruz campaign spokesperson, Rick Tyler has revealed to a number of close confidants that Ted Cruz will actively campaign for and with Donald Trump once the general election season gets fully underway. Tyler also believes that Cruz has been promised a role in a new Trump administration.

. . .

Several of Tyler’s associates have made it clear that most of the Cruz campaign team is ready to climb aboard the Trump train.

Toby Neugebauer, one of Cruz’s largest campaign donors has already switched his allegiance to Trump. And many campaign surrogates see this as a signal of things to come.

. . .

... look for the wheels to start turning sometime after the California primary.

I hope this is true.

:) 

Michael

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is the most colorful endorsement for Trump yet:

Azealia Banks Endorses Donald Trump for President

When one of her fans complained and claimed that Trump was a racist, she wrote back, "So am I!"

Michael

If President Trump runs with Palin , will Azealia still support ? loll , JK 

I like reading Thomas Sowell a lot , and I recall he said along side me ( look at me ego ) that President Trump could not win .

So , lets get this straight - no one wanted Trump to run 3rd party as it would give the Dems the win . Now Trump has the Nomination wrapped up so "they"are going to start preaching someone should run 3rd party to unseat what "The People " , really want -a Trump Presidency . 

I don't give a flying f---  about the historical negative reactions towards this Nominee , I care about the votes . 

The people have spoken .

LANDSLIDE , Walter Mondale/Geraldine Ferraro 

A sweep , all 50 states 

POTUS Trump 

What was once feared most by the Republican establishment -- a third party candidate for President -- may represent the only slim chance for saving this country from a catastrophic administration in an age of proliferating nuclear weapons.

If a third party candidate could divide the vote enough to prevent anyone from getting an electoral college majority, that would throw the election into the House of Representatives, where any semblance of sanity could produce a better president than these two.

6 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

H. L. Mencken warned us that one day we will be ruled by boors  and rubes.  Welcome to the Future.  Ain't Democracy wonderful??????

Better to be "ruled" by "boors and rubes" than by "elites."

J

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Without me there would be no quote.

I'm going to have to do some research, because I'm not sure that's correct. :cool: 

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

REB is standing on the shoulders of a giant.

I have in the past, and I will again in the future. Giants are much appreciated as a perch for perspective. :excl:

REB

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Better to be "ruled" by "boors and rubes" than by "elites."

J

Better still...be ruled by oneself.  --J

1 hour ago, KorbenDallas said:

Good to see that Man Baby is such a stalwart Republican. 

2006 was, what, a decade ago

13 minutes ago, PDS said:

Good to see that Man Baby is such a stalwart Republican. 

2006 was, what, a decade ago

Yeah, it's kind of funny how Trump and Ryan have basically traded positions during that decade. Trump has become more conservative and Ryan has become a moderate, spineless puke (alone with many other Washingtonized Republicans).

J

45 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Yeah, it's kind of funny how Trump and Ryan have basically traded positions during that decade. Trump has become more conservative and Ryan has become a moderate, spineless puke (alone with many other Washingtonized Republicans).

J

I'm curious what has led to your dim view of Ryan.  He seems like a standard-issue politician to me-- with a dash of lip service to Rand thrown in.  

But I'm not aware anything he's specifically done that Trump (at least when he's impersonating a conservative) would claim not to generally agree with.  

On May 8, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You are right about the need to source, though. I just don't like the presumption I am lying to win an argument, if that is what you were doing. When passions rise, it's hard to tell.

It's going to be a slog (and I really do not have the time to look beyond a certain number of hours) to find Trump's statement about intending to phase out Social Security through offering private accounts to younger folks, but I cannot blame you for wanting the source. In your shoes, I would want it, too. It is 100% correct to want it.

And, since it is so hard to find, I will not rule out a glitch in my memory. I clearly remember it, but my memory is fallible just like the memories of all humans. 

At least you can see (through a direct quote I provided from my Google search) that Trump thinks of Social Security as a deal Americans made with the government and he thinks the government should honor its side of the deal to them. It's not in the article, but Trump also holds those who want to welch on working Americans in contempt. This is a moral position, not mere bluster.

If I can't find the statement for the other part, we will just have to assume I am wrong. I don't think I am, but I agree I have to find the source if I am going to state it as a fact.

I remember the statement from the beginning (or early middle) of the campaign. Hopefully, someone wrote about it. If not, now there are all those goddam videos with no search function for their content...

Michael,

At a number of points in these discussions, you gave the impression of exulting in lies told by others (and given further circulation by yourself), as long as it appeared they would help your guy win.

You know, the alleged extramarital affairs of Randy Ted Cruz, and all.

But I did not think, and was not presuming, that you were lying about Donald Trump's stated views regarding Social Security.

I did think that you have may have been indulging in wishful thinking regarding them.

Trump has been rather adamant, since BNTE 2, that Social Security MUST BE PRESERVED.  And he hasn't tried to discourage anyone from inferring that Social Security MUST BE PERPETUATED.  If he actually has proposed a phase-out via private accounts, and he hasn't subsequently repudiated it (or pretended he never said it, because he does that, too), it's important to know these facts.

Meanwhile, I actually don't know whether Donald Trump "holds those who want to welch on working Americans in contempt."  

How do you know this?

A lot of the views that Donald Trump supporters like to impute to him are hard to relate to his actual statements.

I have in mind your insistence, elsewhere on this thread, that Donald Trump supporters never blame any adverse economic outcomes here in the United States on CHIIiina, or Mexico, or even Japan—and of course would never blame any particular person or persons from those countries.

We are supposed to believe, on pain of being permanently dismissed as blind and hate-ridden, that for the trade and immigration issues that concern them Trump supporters only blame those Republican politicians who are not presently aligned with Donald Trump (the roster keeps shifting there).   Only those politicians, who are morons and stooges of special interests, will ever receive the blame (and the particular special interests are rarely identified, which is just as well because now we have no idea when Donald Trump will start asking for their money).

Well, if all of his supporters are doing as you say, they are purposely rejecting plentiful and powerful rhetorical encouragement their own candidate has been giving them.  I can hear with my own two ears, and I've posted some material upthread that I heard with my own two ears.

Robert

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump just officially won Nebraska and West Virginia.

Another 70 delegates.

Michael

Since he is getting more than he needs, why doesn't he make a deal and sell off the surplus?

--Art

One big problem for (with) Trump if he's elected is this deal making leitmotif. It's going to be deal making to feed his ego. Who's going to feed this? The people who elected him or the people he will have to make government policy with? When George H.W. Bush said, "Read my lips, no new taxes" he, apparently, unknowingly, made a deal with the American people (at least those who cared about it). He broke that deal by making a deal--with Congress. He then lost the election. At least the Bushes didn't have weak egos; they were merely, when it came to foreign policy for instance, oil-centered elitists.

--Brant

The President cannot make legally binding deals (aka Treaties)  w.o. the consent of the Senate.   If the President makes deals on the side which are not acceptable to Congress he opens himself up to impeachment and possible removal from office.  Given that President Trump is thoroughly disliked by the core of both major policies he may be the first president impeached AND  removed  in U.S. history.  President Trump cannot do as he damn well pleases.  Trump can be Trumped by Congress and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.