Robertson, Of Duck Dynasty Fired For His Personal Opinions - Regarding Sexuality...

Selene

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has beautiful ...er ...eyes um er philosophical insights in her um ass um show me what a man finds sexually attractive in bed and I will tell you his philosophy of life...

um does that include my ass fetish?

Just askin becacause I want to be a true blue dyed in the hmmm capitalistic processing stuff obedient, hmm that sucks and is so not individualistically decided upon pursuant to the lady's check your premises stuff...

did she check her premises? I need to be silenced, the Pope needs to perform an Objectivist Obexorcism and cast out those of us that do not accept the faith...er...the only conclusion that the rationally selfish can conclude...

If I read to myself all night as to her proper words, I will be able to recite them in the morning and I will be accepted in the ARI portals...I shall be saved...and humbled hmm wait a minute that does not work ...rebellion now!!

What do you know... Phil is back on the show now and the filming schedule didn't even get disrupted. Big defeat for the perpetually offended leftist word Nazis. Who'd have thought they'd lose this battle? I sure didn't.

Greg

What do you know... Phil is back on the show now and the filming schedule didn't even get disrupted. Big defeat for the perpetually offended leftist word Nazis. Who'd have thought they'd lose this battle? I sure didn't.

Greg

They already had 9 of ten shows for the next season in the can. The family would have walked. Now Phil Robertson has achieved tremendous public gravitas for being a boulder unmoved by a raging river.

--Brant

that a view is wrong or controversial doesn't mean it should be suppressed

Greg

They already had 9 of ten shows for the next season in the can. The family would have walked. Now Phil Robertson has achieved tremendous public gravitas for being a boulder unmoved by a raging river.

--Brant

that a view is wrong or controversial doesn't mean it should be suppressed

I'm truly surprized. It's not very often that Americans prevail over the hysterical shrieks of the politically correct totalitarian left.

Greg

Follow the money.

--Brant

Phil makes $200,000 an episode.

Duck makes A&E $400 million a year.

God, I love Capitalism! :smile:

It also demonstrates the principle that the money earned from working can indeed be used to buy your freedom. In fact personal freedom cannot exist without first working to secure economic freedom.

Greg

Personal freedom and economic freedom are one and the same. (Wealth merely increase your choices.) This is because freedom is primarily a spiritual thing--in your head. If all you had was "free speech" you'd find yourself with very little to say. You might go to the barricades, half of you naked, the rest in rags.

--Brant

and stinking to high heaven

Personal freedom and economic freedom are one and the same. (Wealth merely increase your choices.) This is because freedom is primarily a spiritual thing--in your head. If all you had was "free speech" you'd find yourself with very little to say. You might go to the barricades, half of you naked, the rest in rags.

--Brant

For me it was going into business for myself to work to earn the money to buy the freedom of financial independence of never having to worry about money for the rest of my life.

Wow... you actually used the word ~spiritual~! (haha) I totally understand your meaning. freedom begins on the inside, and then spreads into the world around you which is within your personal sphere of influence.

Greg

--Brant

For me it was going into business for myself to work to earn the money to buy the freedom of financial independence of never having to worry about money for the rest of my life.

Wow... you actually used the word ~spiritual~! (haha) I totally understand your meaning. freedom begins on the inside, and then spreads into the world around you which is within your personal sphere of influence.

Greg

You went to work for yourself in America, not Haiti, so you probably did better for yourself. More (political) freedom = more (economic) opportunities.

--Brant

--Brant

Greg

You went to work for yourself in America, not Haiti, so you probably did better for yourself. More (political) freedom = more (economic) opportunities.

--Brant

Yes. It's just one of the blessings of living in a country built upon Judeo/Christian values, where the Founding Fathers understood that the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness do NOT come from government but are granted by God. So they designed a system of government that only works when people are decent... which also explains why it is not working today.

Greg

Yes. It's just one of the blessings of living in a country built upon Judeo/Christian values, where the Founding Fathers understood that the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness do NOT come from government but are granted by God. So they designed a system of government that only works when people are decent... which also explains why it is not working today.

Greg

"Granted by God" means granted by human nature. If you want to interject "God" here, that's fine, in that he "made" man, if he did. That is, man has certain needs and requirements considering his nature and part of that is human rights, a human invention, BTW, thanks, God.

--Brant

a little twist here and a little twist there and--viola!--we agree!

Greg

"Granted by God" means granted by human nature. If you want to interject "God" here, that's fine,

I didn't.

They did.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Yes. It's just one of the blessings of living in a country built upon Judeo/Christian values, where the Founding Fathers understood that the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness do NOT come from government but are granted by God. So they designed a system of government that only works when people are decent... which also explains why it is not working today.Greg

"Granted by God" means granted by human nature. If you want to interject "God" here, that's fine,
I didn't.They did."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Actually you are naming the creator, not them. Given the command of language those responsible for those documents and sentiments , the lack of specificity is interesting at least,no?

Yes. It's just one of the blessings of living in a country built upon Judeo/Christian values, where the Founding Fathers understood that the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness do NOT come from government but are granted by God. So they designed a system of government that only works when people are decent... which also explains why it is not working today.Greg

I didn't.They did."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Actually you are naming the creator, not them. Given the command of language those responsible for those documents and sentiments , the lack of specificity is interesting at least,no?

That's really straining at a semantic nit, when the word God is no more specific than the word Creator, and each is a synonym of the other. Although I can appreciate your effort to minimize the meaning of the original D of I statement.

Greg

That's really straining at a semantic nit, when the word God is no more specific than the word Creator, and each is a synonym of the other. Although I can appreciate your effort to minimize the meaning of the original D of I statement.

Greg

Many of the founders were deists and Masons. Both require belief in a Creator.

In Masonism you take an oath that you believe in a Grand Architect of the Universe.

I am particularly comfortable with the Masonic oath having taken it.

A...

Greg

Many of the founders were deists and Masons. Both require belief in a Creator.

In Masonism you take an oath that you believe in a Grand Architect of the Universe.

I am particularly comfortable with the Masonic oath having taken it.

A...

It actually adds credibility when the descriptive words are generic and universal so as to appeal to as wide a variety of decent men as possible.

Greg

I didn't.They did."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."Actually you are naming the creator, not them. Given the command of language those responsible for those documents and sentiments , the lack of specificity is interesting at least,no?That's really straining at a semantic nit, when the word God is no more specific than the word Creator, and each is a synonym of the other. Although I can appreciate your effort to minimize the meaning of the original D of I statement.

Greg

Straining? You are saying that they meant G of A, I say if that is what meant that is what they would have stated. Just cause I get the sense they were a little nit picky. But hey , you know apparently.

Greg

I didn't.

They did.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

You don't want to "inject 'God' here"? Are you aware you don't really read or respond to a great deal of what I write but imply you do?

--Brant

typically

Actually you are naming the creator, not them.

God is not a name any more than Creator is.

Greg

True, but you said America was built on Judeo/Christian values and as proof you offered a phrase from the D of I. In America, at that time in the english speaking world, God is the name of the G of A (god of Abram(ham) ), yes? Even the papists used it , no?

Actually you are naming the creator, not them.

God is not a name any more than Creator is.

Greg

True, but you said America was built on Judeo/Christian values and as proof you offered a phrase from the D of I.

That's not proof, only an acknowledgement of the self evident truth of What made us. And that our liberty does not come from the government. And I'd add that the government cannot take away your liberty either. You can only piss away your liberty by failing to be a decent American who lives by the Judeo/Christian moral values upon which our country was founded. There is absolutely nothing to coerce you in any way to deny your freely chosen belief that America was not founded on Judeo/Christian moral values.

In America, at that time in the english speaking world, God is the name of the G of A (god of Abram(ham) ), yes? Even the papists used it , no?

In the old Testament God was referred to as "Lord"... as in "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want."

Greg

Wrong again, Greg.

God is referred to by many different names in the Old Testament.

That depended on who He was speaking to. He differentiated Himself from others gods by referring to Himself as being the God of Abraham. But that was not His name. If you refer to yourself as being a man, that is not your name.

In Hebrew, the word for God was the same as the word for kindness. God and kindness were not originally thought of as two separate things, but were regarded as one thing.

I'll just acknowledge here the smokescreen thrown up to try to get away from the original point of government not being the source of your rights to life or liberty or pursuit of happiness. And that you are the only one with the power to forfeit those God given rights.

Greg